May 06, 2024, 07:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 22909 22910 22911 22912 22913 22914 22915 22916 22917 22918 22919 22920 22921 22922 22923 22924 22925 22926 22927 22928 22929 22930 22931 22932 22933 22934 22935 22936 22937 22938 22939 22940 22941 22942 22943 22944 22945 22946 22947 22948 22949 22950 22951 22952 22953 22954 22955 22956 22957 22958 [22959] 22960 22961 22962 22963 22964 22965 22966 22967 22968 22969 22970 22971 22972 22973 22974 22975 22976 22977 22978 22979 22980 22981 22982 22983 22984 22985 22986 22987 22988 22989 22990 22991 22992 22993 22994 22995 22996 22997 22998 22999 23000 23001 23002 23003 23004 23005 23006 23007 23008 23009 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372733 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:01:21 PM

And shitcoin markets are clearly more efficient

No.  Yours, like all shitcoin scammer's arguments, are ALWAYS based on the COMPLETELY FALSE premise that it's possible to create a decentralized digital currency in the first place.  It's NOT.  Transaction validators are always designed to centralize.  If you attempt to correct this fatal flaw by mandating a fixed number of transaction validators, all you end up with is some Dan Larimer Rube Goldberg machine like DPOS that has just as many or more problems while also being a closed entropy system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:12:48 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, Year changed and Number changed, But the situation remains the same so.

(\__/) | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
(• ¿ •)|   Buy ₿itcoin     |   
/   づ________|      and HODL!!!

https://twitter.com/crypto_rand/status/1107266029913288704
I like the text in the box design as much as the comment in the image. Enjoy the rain 🙂

I understand that it sounds ridiculous now, but IF he sold at $14, then he had a chance to rebuy at $2-3 later the same year.
He probably did not, hence I maintain that selling (with profit) during the dip is easy, it is buying again that is difficult.
I have several personal stories to tell another time. It is obvious to me that i cannot do it, so hodling is the way to go until I might need fiat (if ever).

From his phraseology, it seems to me that he sold at $14 at a loss. 

Who knows what the fuck he did or could have done, but if he was selling on the way down from $32 or something like that, he could have bought back in, yet in 2011, there were NOT a lot of buying and selling options, so who knows?  Was he on GOX?  did he keep his money there when it was already so difficult to get money there in the first place?  Not a lot of options for moving money around, so harder to place our trading standards on what was happening then, especially if we do not know enough about his particular context and trading/liquidation options.. .

Regarding your point about HODL until you might need fiat shows a certain amount of discipline that you likely have in your investment, which is investing long term and with out using money that you need.  Use your extra money in order that you can ride out the waves.. and hopefully, not investing into something in which you have such low confidence that either you invest more than you are willing to lose and you don't have a plan for the down waves such as either HODL or buy more.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:16:11 PM

You have described a clock.

Don't bother arguing about this whole "did humans invent math or discover math" nonsense.  I don't think at the highest realms of mathematics right before people go insane from studying it is there even a real consensus. A lot of this BS Btcmillionaire is talking about is simply due to the human models of math mostly being based on deterministic concepts while the universe is not.  In that manner, everything is simply an approximation and is why even if you engineer something to mathematical perfection it can still easily fail.
Ibian was trying to make an entirely different point. Namely that reality was objective, which it is not. You can invoke objectivity by specifically limiting your scope, but that objectivity is subject to arbitration and hence not objective in absolute terms.

The debate that you however bring up is merely an artifact of human language. Very similar to the point above but different nonetheless. There is no fundamental difference between discovery and creation from the perspective of a conscious observer. You can call your creative process a creation, but it's just as true that you're discovering a moment in time that you were not previously aware of. In a similar way deterministic vs non-deterministic universe is mere arbitration. These debates can only be had from a limited perspective, one of imperfect knowledge. With perfect knowledge of the system the distinction becomes arbitrary, no more than naming rights.

Also, not sure what gave you the idea that Mathematics is deterministic. There are areas of it that are, but a big portion of it is anything but.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 07:17:01 PM

anyone interested the weekly bar should close above 4k on Bitstamp?

EDIT: what will next week happen? above 4K or down again?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:19:04 PM

And shitcoin markets are clearly more efficient

No.  Yours, like all shitcoin scammer's arguments, are ALWAYS based on the COMPLETELY FALSE premise that it's possible to create a decentralized digital currency in the first place.  It's NOT.  Transaction validators are always designed to centralize.  If you attempt to correct this fatal flaw by mandating a fixed number of transaction validators, all you end up with is some Dan Larimer Rube Goldberg machine like DPOS that has just as many or more problems while also being a closed entropy system.
I never said anything about decentralized currency here. You can use shitty Ripple to facilitate more efficient financial markets than current ones. And if it's more efficient people will use it. With or without trusted ledgers. The decentralization aspect of Bitcoin is a whole different story. Shitcoins are here to stay, period.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:19:33 PM

My view is that DNA tests are too dangerous and that there are too many factors to control.  Therefore you should never do them.*

I sense a market opportunity for a middleman.

You pay middleman (via Bitcoin, ofc).
You create keypair.
You send bio sample to middleman, along with public key.
Middleman sends your sample to testing facility with no identifying info.
Testing facility sequences your DNA, sends data to middleman.
Middleman encrypts your test result data, makes it publicly available.
You watch for data (rest results) associated with public key, retrieve data, decrypt, use as you see fit.

Results private, as they not traceable to you.

Funny that i thought about it yesterday as well.
However, there is weak link with your description that I outlined in bold.
When you send a sample, it HAS to be sent with identifying info (you register the sample collection kit on their website).

Yes, but it doesn't have to identify _you_. It need only identify the public key you gave middleman.

I guess I just assumed that would be understood without need of explanation.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:23:12 PM

Says Venture Capitalist, Tim Draper

The great thing about cryptocurrency is that it is not tied to a government.

HURR DURR, well except for the fact shitcoins run on top of the govt's own infrastructure with completely non-obfuscated traffic, allowing them to be obliterated in seconds just like how they censored Zerohedge in New Zealand for no reason.  Even if you obfuscate the traffic, transaction validators are designed to centralize into a tiny amount of football stadium-sized mining facilities that the govt can just walk up to and seize it or shut it down. 

The fact the govt so far has done absolutely nothing to try and stop digital shitcoins and instead they promote them and actually create bills in congress ENCOURAGING people to use them tells you all you need to know - it's a govt created scam to try and lure people into a cashless society slave system and away from physical metals.

You will need to a truck to transport your metals. Wink

Roach is only talking in theory anyhow, because he can fit all of his metals into one suitcase.  In other words, he don't got much.  But he has enough to make border crossings an issue... accordingly, if he does not want to report what he has, then he is trapped domestically, or he will have to make several trips while carrying less than $10k in value each time (which might not be a problem for him given his stash and the ongoing depreciating value of such) or employ some kind of capital movement accounting evasion methods., which would likely not be good if he were to get caught.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:24:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phMzr0WKOVY

What did I say just the other day? What did I fucking say? I KNEW there was something off about those damn kiwis.

Incidentally excessive friendliness is also one of the signs of narcissism. I think that was why it tripped my spider sense. And narcissism is on the rise everywhere, in all western countries. It's really worth looking into. I recommend Sam Vaknin on youtube, one of the leading experts on the topic.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:25:15 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2019, 07:51:55 PM by Biodom

My view is that DNA tests are too dangerous and that there are too many factors to control.  Therefore you should never do them.*

You create keypair.
You watch for data (rest results) associated with public key, retrieve data, decrypt, use as you see fit.

Funny that i thought about it yesterday as well.
However, there is weak link with your description that I outlined in bold.
When you send a sample, it HAS to be sent with identifying info (you register the sample collection kit on their website).

Yes, but it doesn't have to identify _you_. It need only identify the public key you gave middleman.

I guess I just assumed that would be understood without need of explanation.

Not a very elaborate thought to misunderstand.
However, as mentioned in another post, it is not clear that 23andme allows sample aggregation and 'pseudonyms'.
other than that, an OK idea.
EDIT: I checked and it seems that you cannot (no surprise there).
https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/en-us/articles/202907890-Can-I-be-genotyped-anonymously-
TOS are linked there ^^
Perhaps, there is a legal leeway based on article 6d of the said TOS, but it remains to be seen, especially whether they still need person's real name in the docs.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:28:10 PM

This "Kiwifarms" site the New Zealand govt is trying to swat team has some interesting threads.  Like this one.  Some sort of mentally ill Jew programmer that identifies as a woman yet makes zero effort (not that it's even possible) to portray himself as one, then walks around naked inside women's dressing rooms constantly asking for tampons even though...he's a guy.  Then after doing completely mentally insane shit like this all day, he then goes and sues everyone on the entire planet afterwards if they do not put up with it:

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/jonathan-yaniv-jessica-yaniv-trustednerd-trustednerd-com-jy-knows-it-jy-british-columbia.49790/

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:33:06 PM

Why Most Educated People Fail to Understand Bitcoin

Misir Mahmudov, a widely-followed and respected bitcoin (BTC) analyst, has argued that “most educated people fail to appreciate bitcoin because they only specialize in one field.” In order to truly understand how bitcoin works, Mahmudov, a financial economics student at Columbia University, recommends having some grasp of basic computer science and economics concepts.

First proposed in a whitepaper published in November 2008 by its pseudonymous creator, Satoshi Nakamoto, the Bitcoin protocol specifies how an electronic peer-to-peer (P2P) cash system should work. For the first time, modern cryptographic techniques were applied to create what’s now a multi-billion dollar experiment in monetary theory.

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2019/03/why-most-educated-people-fail-to-understand-bitcoin/
I agree. I have no higher education, never cared much for school, but I like to know stuff so I know a little about a lot of things. Politics, history, economy, math, psychology and being a computer nerd all add up. If you lack any one of them you won't get it. Without history you won't know just how bad economies and states can get, without politics you won't know where we currently are, without psychology you won't understand what drives people, without computer knowledge you won't trust the system, without economy you won't even understand something so basic as supply and demand. Sometimes broad knowledge is what it takes.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:35:36 PM

Not a very elaborate thought to understand.
however, as mentioned in another post, it is not clear that 23andme allows sample aggregation and 'pseudonyms'.
other than that, an OK idea.

There are other private sequencing firms, not to mention the original, and IMO still the best, Bryan Sykes Oxford Ancestors.

We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us and take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised disclosure of your data.

For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Oxford Ancestors Limited is the data controller.

The information you provide will be kept confidential and used to support your customer relationship with us. We collect personal data only if you choose to provide such information, for example when ordering our goods and services. This will include name and address and may also include email address and credit or debit card details in order that we may collect payment for your order.  

Although we use encrypted security software the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Any losses incurred or sustained by customers who transmit information by means of e-mail or other internet link shall be borne solely and exclusively by the customer and in no event shall any such losses in whole or part by borne by us.

Quite a bit more expensive ~$400 as I recall, but the other options have...umm...other ways of monetizing their activities.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:38:41 PM

anyone interested the weekly bar should close above 4k on Bitstamp?

EDIT: what will next week happen? above 4K or down again?

"should" and "will" are two different things.

As I type, you are talking about 4.5 hours into the future (if I am calculating the weekly candle close properly?).. I am a little unclear how you could have much confidence that there is going to be a pump or a dump, because we are about $30 away (currently at $3,970) from $4k as I type.

It does appear to be much better odds that we close the weekly candle in the green because we are currently in the green, and the BTC price would need to drop by about $60 in order to get into the red.  Even closing in the green for the weekly is far from certain, but seems a bit better odds than any kind of bet that we are going to be over $4k in 4.5 hours when such weekly candle closes.

We'll see.  We'll see.  $28 now at $3,972... and bouncing.. around a bit..  so maybe, maybe.
katrinmi

Activity: 121
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:40:13 PM

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:41:08 PM

Our family doctor is a muslim. I've been going to him since I was a kid. He hasn't tried to kill me yet.
Which doesn't change that muslim terrorists are a result of their religion and that so-called "peaceful" or "moderate" muslims side with them over us when they are forced to make the choice.

Perhaps.
I have trouble declaring an entire group as an enemy when only some of them are clearly at war.

Kind of like the jews. We all know jews have started or are deeply involved with almost every evil institution to come out of the west in the last 500 years, etc. However, most of them are just living their lives like the rest of us.  

OTOH, I'm reminded sometimes of the "Rwandan Genocide". Hutus and Tutsis lived next door to each other. They had each other over for dinner, watched each other's kids, etc. But when ethnic tensions boiled over, they were hacking each other's families up with machetes.
"Some of them" are a product of "all of them" and have the support of the majority, silent or otherwise.

We simply can not coexist with them within the same culture. They don't want to, even if we did. Which we don't, not when they become numerous enough to enforce their will as per the above link.

Whether you are correct or not (actually I am giving you too much benefit of the doubt with your hate filled phoney baloney), why the fuck don't you get back to talking about bitcoin or at least attempting to make some points in this thread that relate to bitcoin.  Did you know what thread you are in?    So, anyhow, based on your 20 pages non-topical focus and your pissing off of a lot of active on-topic participants in this thread, including distracting from the topic, I think that it would be good if infofront would delete your last 20 pages of myopic baby-penis non-acceptance focused hatred posts... just to teach you a lesson that a little off-topicness might be o.k. and tolerable, but you are on an emotional based obsession, which likely alienates a decent number of people who are involved in bitcoin.. believe it or not there are some muslims of various levels of belief and practices and some are involved in bitcoin... jewish peeps, too..

Not to mention the tons of Atheists and Agnostics (myself included) that don't need to hear small minded morons spouting hate for an entire race/culture, creed/religion or political belief because they have no ability to see through anything but their own eyes.
Ah, it's that time again. Thank you for the bump mister ad. https://blog.godreports.com/2015/09/how-islam-takes-over-countries/
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:42:14 PM

We are not in 2017 anymore, Dorothy.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:43:18 PM

Misir Mahmudov, a widely-followed and respected bitcoin (BTC) analyst, has argued that “most educated people fail to appreciate bitcoin because they only specialize in one field.” In order to truly understand how bitcoin works, Mahmudov, a financial economics student at Columbia University, recommends having some grasp of basic computer science and economics concepts.

First proposed in a whitepaper published in November 2008 by its pseudonymous creator, Satoshi Nakamoto, the Bitcoin protocol specifies how an electronic peer-to-peer (P2P) cash system should work. For the first time, modern cryptographic techniques were applied to create what’s now a multi-billion dollar experiment in monetary theory.

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2019/03/why-most-educated-people-fail-to-understand-bitcoin/
I agree. I have no higher education, never cared much for school, but I like to know stuff so I know a little about a lot of things. Politics, history, economy, math, psychology and being a computer nerd all add up. If you lack any one of them you won't get it. Without history you won't know just how bad economies and states can get, without politics you won't know where we currently are, without psychology you won't understand what drives people, without computer knowledge you won't trust the system, without economy you won't even understand something so basic as supply and demand. Sometimes broad knowledge is what it takes.

You obviously do not understand bitcoin if you can't figure out it's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency because transaction validators are always designed to centralize.  The variables that cause this are numerous, compounding in nature, and not possible to magically get rid of.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:43:49 PM

You create keypair.

Except they almost certainly have all of our dna already. So it's a simple database comparison to identify you. Also, there is the issue of trust.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:44:34 PM

You create keypair.

Oh, a job for escrow. They could do other things too. Off-market crypto-crypto trades usually, but then again, only if they both don't want to use an exchange.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 07:44:49 PM

You obviously do not understand bitcoin if you can't figure out it's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency because transaction validators are always designed to centralize.  The variables that cause this are numerous, compounding in nature, and not possible to magically get rid of.
I understand enough psychology to see you have some kind of emotional motivation. Which is fine. But it would be healthier for you if you could admit it. To yourself if nothing else.
Pages: « 1 ... 22909 22910 22911 22912 22913 22914 22915 22916 22917 22918 22919 22920 22921 22922 22923 22924 22925 22926 22927 22928 22929 22930 22931 22932 22933 22934 22935 22936 22937 22938 22939 22940 22941 22942 22943 22944 22945 22946 22947 22948 22949 22950 22951 22952 22953 22954 22955 22956 22957 22958 [22959] 22960 22961 22962 22963 22964 22965 22966 22967 22968 22969 22970 22971 22972 22973 22974 22975 22976 22977 22978 22979 22980 22981 22982 22983 22984 22985 22986 22987 22988 22989 22990 22991 22992 22993 22994 22995 22996 22997 22998 22999 23000 23001 23002 23003 23004 23005 23006 23007 23008 23009 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: