April 27, 2024, 04:10:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24292 24293 24294 24295 24296 24297 24298 24299 24300 24301 24302 24303 24304 24305 24306 24307 24308 24309 24310 24311 24312 24313 24314 24315 24316 24317 24318 24319 24320 24321 24322 24323 24324 24325 24326 24327 24328 24329 24330 24331 24332 24333 24334 24335 24336 24337 24338 24339 24340 24341 [24342] 24343 24344 24345 24346 24347 24348 24349 24350 24351 24352 24353 24354 24355 24356 24357 24358 24359 24360 24361 24362 24363 24364 24365 24366 24367 24368 24369 24370 24371 24372 24373 24374 24375 24376 24377 24378 24379 24380 24381 24382 24383 24384 24385 24386 24387 24388 24389 24390 24391 24392 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368471 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10157

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 04:27:25 AM

[ edited out]
Ok, so they are developers.

Lookie uie...

Trying to get Biodom to take your bait.

who gives any shits about what Biodom or any of us say about bitcoin thought leaders or opinion leaders...?

Bitcoin is ultimately a platform that has a multitude of networking effects, and growth with various aspects of the network have different people who are more influential than others, but it is a moving target of a whole hell of a lot of decentralization, driven by market motives, contribution to open source and sound money, and incentives to produce and/or compete to produce quality product without compromising basic principles of sound money, security, collaboration and the ability of others to build on prior work.

Some folks have more influence in various networks of bitcoin's space than others in terms of the kind of sense that they talk and their NOT getting distracted by shitcoin talk, scams, pump and dumbs or various other distracting talk, but in the end, there are no exact leaders.. to say,,, take me to your leader... you diptwat..

You seem to have been attempting to explode the context of Biodom's prior comment about leaders influencing bitcoin and to hook onto some bullshit in order to suggest that there is some kind of bitcoin leaders - even though some people might be influential in development and making proposals, but their proposals need to be accepted and adopted, to the extent that they come up with some good ideas and direction that they want to attempt to push, whether on bitcoin or lightning or anything that is tying into core aspects of bitcoin's way forward, you fuck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 04:31:14 AM

[edited out]

I would prefer to talk about the term "bitcoin leaders" not about "bitcoin price".
If you have any explanation?

Of course, you would, you troll-laden unable to focus diptwat, raising questions about stupid-ass shit that does not really matter in order that you might be able to hook onto some troll/shill talking points to distract from more "important" stuff.

Speaking of "important stuff," earlier today we were opining about risks of attempting to kill bears by spear.  Holy shit.

I am not trolling. I was accused of by a stupid hodlers when I said that sec will never accept BTC ETF and gov will not adopt BTC. My opinions are based on what i know about BTC and what BTC is aiming for. After all, it is my choise to buy or sell.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 04:39:33 AM

[edited out]

I would prefer to talk about the term "bitcoin leaders" not about "bitcoin price".
If you have any explanation?

Of course, you would, you troll-laden unable to focus diptwat, raising questions about stupid-ass shit that does not really matter in order that you might be able to hook onto some troll/shill talking points to distract from more "important" stuff.

Speaking of "important stuff," earlier today we were opining about risks of attempting to kill bears by spear.  Holy shit.

I am not trolling. I was accused of by a stupid hodlers when I said that sec will never accept BTC ETF and gov will not adopt BTC. My opinions are based on what i know about BTC and what BTC is aiming for. After all, it is my choise to buy or sell.

I will admit that every once in a while you might make a post that makes some sense, but you have a pretty damned large tendency to spout out a lot of nonsense that likely would put you in the category of troll/shill...

So, yeah, if you start to post more genuinely, then maybe people like me or others in this thread will start to take your comments more seriously in terms of their attempt to meaningful contributions... I, personally, have seen very little of that coming from your posts, but yeah, o.k. I would not mind if you actually would improve your posts and start to make some more sensible and important points beyond spouting largely nonsense.  Good luck with that.    Wink
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 04:42:16 AM

[ edited out]

Lookie uie...

who gives any shits about what Biodom or any of us say about bitcoin thought leaders or opinion leaders...?

Bitcoin is ultimately a platform that has a multitude of networking effects, and growth with various aspects of the network have different people who are more influential than others, but it is a moving target of a whole hell of a lot of decentralization, driven by market motives, contribution to open source and sound money, and incentives to produce and/or compete to produce quality product without compromising basic principles of sound money, security, collaboration and the ability of others to build on prior work.

Some folks have more influence in various networks of bitcoin's space than others in terms of the kind of sense that they talk and their NOT getting distracted by shitcoin talk, scams, pump and dumbs or various other distracting talk, but in the end, there are no exact leaders.. to say,,, take me to your leader... you diptwat..

You seem to have been attempting to explode the context of Biodom's prior comment about leaders influencing bitcoin and to hook onto some bullshit in order to suggest that there is some kind of bitcoin leaders - even though some people might be influential in development and making proposals, but their proposals need to be accepted and adopted, to the extent that they come up with some good ideas and direction that they want to attempt to push, whether on bitcoin or lightning or anything that is tying into core aspects of bitcoin's way forward, you fuck.

Lets make things clear. It is not me who said Bitcoin leaders. You should quote who said it.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 04:49:45 AM

[ edited out]

Lookie uie...

Lets make things clear. It is not me who said Bitcoin leaders. You should quote who said it.

yeah, but it was already abundantly clear (just by looking at the context) to anyone without a preconceived agenda.
I digress..
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 04:56:41 AM

I am not trolling. I was accused of by a stupid hodlers when I said that sec will never accept BTC ETF and gov will not adopt BTC.

Of course the govt will never adopt BTC.  The entire purpose of fiat money is to have a cost of production of 12 cents for a $100 bill and for the govt to collect $99.88 seigniorage fee on each one.  Any usage of digital shitcoins by govts would be govt creating it's own digital shitcoin and trying to force you to use it in order to maximize seigniorage fee just like they already do with fiat.

The next debate is more interesting.  While it's known that govts are anti-physical metals because it limits their ability to do wasteful spending, fraud, and theft, it's far more in the interest of govts to use physical metals instead of Bitcoin.  Why?  Because govt has a hard time funding all of their programs from social security to everything else, so they can always nationalize all metals in the ground, mint some coins, then issue the coins at a far higher face value then what it cost them to produce and collect the seigniorage fee to fund programs that way.  They cannot do that with Bitcoin - there are no Bitcoin in the ground to nationalize.

If any citizens wish for things like social security and whatever else funded, it's probably also in their interest for govt to use metals instead of Bitcoin too.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:08:31 AM

With the way things are moving, its anyones guess on which route bitcoin might take and depending on what stimulates the market I foresee BTC taking any one of these routes.

My blockchain based, distributed AI algorithm produced the following graph:

: )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

^ that was my reaction. And I had food & ale & chewing & stuff. Cheesy Cheesy

Thx for the meme of the day! Smiley
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:14:36 AM

And the rocket's red glare, the ANTIFA bombs bursting in air
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there
O say does that swastika-spangled banner yet wave
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 05:15:13 AM
Merited by fillippone (1)

https://twitter.com/fmoulin7/status/1151649154466308098

Who is the boss? > BTC

Good morning WO,s

I opened a thread in speculation with a quarterly follow-up of the answers in WO and BTC price / trend.

As always, your comments are welcome in the thread:

WO Replies vs Bitcoin Tracking - Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4 - 2019

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5166192.0

Thx.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:16:43 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), LFC_Bitcoin (1), fillippone (1), Lambie Slayer (1), VB1001 (1)

Going to catch up with 36 pages LOL

Here you go Bhai, i am sure @Hueristic skipped some pages too Cheesy - My Biased point of view-

Disclaimer : The events and characters are fictitious. In case of any similarity to living being, Bots, teams and r0achie, is purely coincidental.

1. Saga of scammer "give me only 100 Btc"- pile of garbage- Deleted
2. Dabs genuinely offering escrow service Cheesy
3. LFC can see the future CheesyClick Here
4. Pedo,rape words here and there- drugs are not good -
5. No Instagram posts from Instagram model, guess who Huh
6. infofront's orgy island.
7. One liner comment followed by 10 lines, guess who Huh
8. Mic still struggling with haiku, like everyone else.
9. Finally England Won the Cricket World Cup = #Fact ICC robbed the poor Kiwis   Cheesy
10. Ibian "Grown men kicking around a ball is fascinating."

11. BBC Earth channel is good - watch at night when you are bored af -
12. gembitz the weeeee guy
13. Orange man tweet and WO discuss
14. Toxic back with Charts - just warming up-
15. Hat virus spreading - welcome RapTarX- nice work homer
16. JJG as usual off topic -keyboard working fine i suppose  Tongue -
17. @Info deleted my very old merited post-? Cheesy Jk guess i did by mistake
18. What happened to Tim Draper?
19. r0achie taking HER med on time - no name calling- Cheesy
20. Environmental disaster

21. vapourminer - only means business-
22. JoJo and v8 are not observing - both Taking week off -
23. Moreeee garbage -now r0achie looks like a saint-   Undecided
24. Bromance in between Bob-JJG  Tongue
25. gentlemand " English humor" Give Kohinoor back !!  Grin
26. d_eddie "I never said fuck off to anyone in this noble circle, ripe with the most refined gentlemen and a few gracious ladies." JJG corrects it Cheesy
27. LFC buying every dip, he fucked up and JJG is "pantomime villain"
28. JJG is every where Cheesy
29. r0ach off the med again.
30. Tulsi gabbard - Lambie's crush- Cheesy

31. @Ludwig Von " WO is poetry!"
32. suchmoon cracking joke. Undecided
33. @PoolMinor -naked girls- left one to watch @Paashaas not posting much
34. Dump, 4 digit again. mic back to pizza and soon noddles?
35. team joke by JJG, Mic hates it. merited anyways just to hide pain Cheesy
36. Italian stallion getting good with Meme's game.
37. Kenzy got hacked, Again!!  Angry
38. Good TA by Woodie  Click Here  Grin
savetherainforest

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:19:06 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2019, 06:02:56 AM by savetherainforest

Good one!!! Smiley

Btw... WTF is happening with the transaction fees??   Huh  Roll Eyes  Huh  Shocked  Roll Eyes  Huh
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:23:25 AM

[ edited out]

Lookie uie...

Let me make things clear.  You are not going to gain credibility around here for being a genuine poster if you continue to distort facts by getting caught up in technicalities that distortingly strive towards putting your own contributions in the direction of the discussion in a more favorable light.

In other words, who gives any shits about who first mentioned the "bitcoin leader?"  It does not matter.  It's like jbreher saying that he only pumps bcash bullshit because someone else mentioned bcash first.. and he was "forced" to pump his nonsense.  Same with you, here.

You are the dumbass who maniacally pursued that meaningless topic of "bitcoin leader" in an attempt to try to trap biodom into saying something that you would like him to say about supposedly what is a "bitcoin leader"... which is really bullshit, and who really cares, except for your manipulation attempts that are also known as disingenuine posting which is also known as trolling. derp.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:30:03 AM

I am not trolling. I was accused of by a stupid hodlers when I said that sec will never accept BTC ETF and gov will not adopt BTC.
The next debate is more interesting.  While it's known that govts are anti-physical metals because it limits their ability to do wasteful spending, fraud, and theft, it's far more in the interest of govts to use physical metals instead of Bitcoin.  

Get out of fantasylandia, roach.  Your idea of a "next debate" is not coming because govts could give two shits about PMs.  They won that battle, long ago.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:37:01 AM

Trump has ordered all brown people back to their shitholes, JayJuanGee.  You are no longer allowed to flood the shitcoin thread with shitcoin ideology.

https://dailystormer.name/trumps-approval-rating-goes-up-2-points-following-demands-non-whites-leave-america/
savetherainforest

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:45:45 AM

What the actual f&**... ?? Smiley  ........ There is like a subliminal kinky stuff there. They almost don't say "Can you show us how we will be "raped" by the future??". Or no one is asking:  Will our country still be existing in 5 years?? Cheesy Cheesy ...... Gawd, what a f'-ing sh!tsh0w!!!  Roll Eyes
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 05:50:21 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2019, 12:00:09 PM by mindrust
Merited by 600watt (1)

Libra poisoned the well.

It would almost certainly destabilize currencies and even countries if/when let loose.
Example: a country has NIRP...Libra does not...so, you sell local currency and pocket the % (of NIRP) every year; or, you are in a non G-7 country...you sell local currency and buy Libra (a basket is almost always better than a single one). India and Russia-first two large countries to ban Libra on day one, I think.

Regarding libra and bitcoin-not sure how it would affect it, but i disagree about any optimism.
If I was one of bitcoin leaders or code contributors (and I am not), I would greatly accelerate Lightning wallets development.
On a positive side, some in Congress (and not in Senate) seem to understand the difference between something that is decentralized and centralized.

If libra becomes a threat (looks like it is going to be) to the national currencies, they will just shut it down or ban any access to libra products.

It is a centralized piece of shit.

There is a good possibility libra won't even make it outside of the US. If it does, it will be harder for the governments to fight against it but it is still possible.

Do you think facebook and its buddies are relaxed enough to not care about a nation wide dns ban? Nah.

They'll back off immediately. I don't think that's going to play out exactly like how they imagined it.

Bitcoin on the other hand, can go down or up but in the long run it doesn't matter because the network will be alive.
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:19:37 AM

It doesn’t work like that.

GA doesn’t have its own seed.  

Each site gives you a site specific seed.  You write the seed down somewhere safe.

If you lose the device, you re-enter the seed for that specific site into your new device.

The attack vector is the sites’ individual processes for manually turning off GA for the inevitable dumbasses that lose their seed.  

I am sorry to be such a dumbass, but let's attempt to merely stick with the case of re-establishing a new device for google authenticator running.  That is merely getting google to recognize the new device that they are going to send the GA keys for the secondary sites.

So, if I still have the old device, that situation is easy because i can get the GA keys off of the old device when I am registering the new device.  Once I register the new device, then GA only sends GA codes to the new device.  It no longer sends codes to the old device.

Now if I lose my old device or it gets stolen or damaged or lost in a boating accident, or whatever causes me an inability to access my old device, then I thought that those 10 codes that google gives you at the time of creating your GA account were used for those kinds of situations in which you no longer have access to your old device.  If I am wrong, then I am confused about the whole situation, and it would be better to straighten this matter out before I lose or break my device that has my GA account assigned to it, no?

It doesn’t work like that.

GA doesn’t have its own seed.  

Each site gives you a site specific seed.  You write the seed down somewhere safe.

If you lose the device, you re-enter the seed for that specific site into your new device.

The attack vector is the sites’ individual processes for manually turning off GA for the inevitable dumbasses that lose their seed.  

As far as i have read and understood the docs on GA now, it uses its own "key" for authentication against the google account used on the phone.
That is what the set of backup keys is for. You have 2FA enabled on your G account and lose your phone. Transfer procedure is quite similar to 3rd party GA2FA, just disable and re-enable after swapping phones and restore of GA.
3rd party (secondary) accounts must be restored via their seed providers (exchange) security key or disabled/re-enabled as usual, where the mentioned attack vector comes into play.
No convient way to restore all at once, if i didn't miss anything. Workaround would be running Android as root and backup the whole GA app via 3rdparty software. Least attractive to me. So always have your security keys written down a multiple times, and store them securely.

From my reading, makrospex, you seem to be saying a very similar thing that I had said in my response to hairybairy, above, but more eloquently.  

In other words, those 10 different seed words are used to reactivate google account (on 10 different occasions) in the event that you lose your device and you do not have access to your access codes that are spat out on your device every minute or so on GA.

Yeah, sort of, but the whole "app funcionality" can't be backed up conveniently.
Scenario: Lose your phone, get a new one, enter a backup key and get GA restored including all 3rd party keys, invalidate the old GA.
That's not possible in a similar convenient way. But that's the thing with security, right?
So i'm staying with disabling 2FA on the sites, using the ol backup phone and writing down site backup keys again when re-enabling 2FA.

I think about putting copies of my notes into a safe security box in a bank. That'd be the cream on top of the vanilla sorbet  Wink
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12006

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:31:47 AM

Are we gonna crush the 10K again soon-ish ?

And be on our way to the 15K-ish zone?

Come on BTC and goodmorning WO’s
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 15397

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 06:34:19 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2023, 07:31:48 AM by fillippone

With the way things are moving, its anyones guess on which route bitcoin might take and depending on what stimulates the market I foresee BTC taking any one of these routes.

My blockchain based, distributed AI algorithm produced the following graph:

: )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

^ that was my reaction. And I had food & ale & chewing & stuff. Cheesy Cheesy

Thx for the meme of the day! Smiley

Meme of the day!
Thnks,
That’s an achievement for someone that came to the WO for the Knowledge,but ends up being recognised for the LOLS.
This is not sarcasm (Poe’s Law), but true appreciation!

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 06:34:46 AM

Are we gonna crush the 10K again soon-ish ?

And be on our way to the 15K-ish zone?

Come on BTC and goodmorning WO’s

Maybe we should get a $10k hat?

Oh wait.

Edit:  
Bam... and thar she blows...

Feels almost like the first time, with over 350 coins gobbled up at the exact price of $10k, just like that.
Pages: « 1 ... 24292 24293 24294 24295 24296 24297 24298 24299 24300 24301 24302 24303 24304 24305 24306 24307 24308 24309 24310 24311 24312 24313 24314 24315 24316 24317 24318 24319 24320 24321 24322 24323 24324 24325 24326 24327 24328 24329 24330 24331 24332 24333 24334 24335 24336 24337 24338 24339 24340 24341 [24342] 24343 24344 24345 24346 24347 24348 24349 24350 24351 24352 24353 24354 24355 24356 24357 24358 24359 24360 24361 24362 24363 24364 24365 24366 24367 24368 24369 24370 24371 24372 24373 24374 24375 24376 24377 24378 24379 24380 24381 24382 24383 24384 24385 24386 24387 24388 24389 24390 24391 24392 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: