April 20, 2024, 02:33:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24437 24438 24439 24440 24441 24442 24443 24444 24445 24446 24447 24448 24449 24450 24451 24452 24453 24454 24455 24456 24457 24458 24459 24460 24461 24462 24463 24464 24465 24466 24467 24468 24469 24470 24471 24472 24473 24474 24475 24476 24477 24478 24479 24480 24481 24482 24483 24484 24485 24486 [24487] 24488 24489 24490 24491 24492 24493 24494 24495 24496 24497 24498 24499 24500 24501 24502 24503 24504 24505 24506 24507 24508 24509 24510 24511 24512 24513 24514 24515 24516 24517 24518 24519 24520 24521 24522 24523 24524 24525 24526 24527 24528 24529 24530 24531 24532 24533 24534 24535 24536 24537 ... 33285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364815 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
degxtra1

Activity: 228
Merit: 46

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 11:55:48 PM

Go thru a 7000 to 8000 $ valley first. Seems logic (for what it is worth in this world).  Wink

Quite possible.

No son, not possible.
No logic in your thought valley.
Sorry.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2019, 12:00:34 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Go thru a 7000 to 8000 $ valley first. Seems logic (for what it is worth in this world).  Wink

Quite possible.

No son, not possible.
No logic in your thought valley.
Sorry.  Grin

Everything can be resolved to probabilities.

'Not probable' is what you meant to say.
degxtra1

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 12:02:33 AM

I will insist with original, :not possible: - same trade mining
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 12:10:23 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

How many definitions has Bitcoin: currency, value reserve, financial revolution, digital gold, inefficient database, Ponzi scheme, only bubble, etc ... all true and all false, depending on your background.

In this very interesting article the author goes much further, coming to define Bitcoin as a living organism, a new form of life!

https://medium.com/@dergigi/proof-of-life-fa28fdc002fe
degxtra1

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 12:28:45 AM

How many definitions has Bitcoin: currency, value reserve, financial revolution, digital gold, inefficient database, Ponzi scheme, only bubble, etc ... all true and all false, depending on your background.

In this very interesting article the author goes much further, coming to define Bitcoin as a living organism, a new form of life!

https://medium.com/@dergigi/proof-of-life-fa28fdc002fe

looks like emerging new organismus.

Is this yellow colour some how connected to gold? Grin
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11969

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 12:42:53 AM

Bitcoin is like........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=41N6bKO-NVI

Btw, who can complete this easy challenge??
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10134

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 12:44:40 AM

I believe that currently it is way too soon to accept your assertion with any level of confidence as gospel.

In contrary to scr0ach I successfully erased all christian background from my belivings.
So, gospels are ok, as long its so called Xmass Scr0ach, fried scr0ach.

indeed my words could sound like a gospel or other written shit but, face reality: even if you think it's to early to proclaim that - I'm first who done this.

Good night JJG

ps/ no more 4D

First:  Saying that something is gospel or NOT is merely an expression to reflect a kind of certainty in the proclamation that is being made.  There should be no need to assign any kind of christianity meaning to such an expression, especially in a thread like this.

Second: I have no idea what purpose is served to emphasize anything related to roach.   Surely, each of us might be guilty, a bit, in giving that goofball too much attention, even such attention had meant to be in the negative.  Personally, I do not agree that he should be ignored, either, because then his ideas would then be allowed to run rough shod out there... My point is why the fuck is there any need to refer to roach in this particular matter?

Third:  Maybe you could have been the first to call "no more four digits" with such enthusiasm, but really this whole matter seems to be kind of coming off as you wanting sorcerer status.  Who cares who said what first?  Many times we have all kinds of ideas that are batted around in this thread, and it is not like any of us have very many original ideas, even if we might become known for repeating certain kinds of themes.  I guess what I am saying is that I wonder what kind of need there is to be the supposed first, because in the end, none of us really know about these price dynamics, and if we happen to get some kind of prediction correct, that seems to be more a matter of luck rather than something that we really had any kind of meaningful foresight into, amiNOTrite?
heslo

Activity: 1153
Merit: 931

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 12:53:56 AM

Bitcoin is like........

Nothing we've seen before
degxtra1

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 12:55:12 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2019, 01:22:30 AM by degxtra1

First:  Saying that something is gospel or NOT is merely an expression to reflect a kind of certainty in the proclamation that is being made.  There should be no need to assign any kind of christianity meaning to such an expression, especially in a thread like this.

Second: I have no idea what purpose is served to emphasize anything related to roach.   Surely, each of us might be guilty, a bit, in giving that goofball too much attention, even such attention had meant to be in the negative.  Personally, I do not agree that he should be ignored, either, because then his ideas would then be allowed to run rough shod out there... My point is why the fuck is there any need to refer to roach in this particular matter?

Third:  Maybe you could have been the first to call "no more four digits" with such enthusiasm, but really this whole matter seems to be kind of coming off as you wanting sorcerer status.  Who cares who said what first?  Many times we have all kinds of ideas that are batted around in this thread, and it is not like any of us have very many original ideas, even if we might become known for repeating certain kinds of themes.  I guess what I am saying is that I wonder what kind of need there is to be the supposed first, because in the end, none of us really know about these price dynamics, and if we happen to get some kind of prediction correct, that seems to be more a matter of luck rather than something that we really had any kind of meaningful foresight into, amiNOTrite?

It's all of you JJG - have you ever placed bet on colour more than 1S? or you are healthy/clever man who don't do gambling?
I hate enthusiasm.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 01:31:08 AM

[edited out]

You are absolutely right. Just adjust a bit, I am trading in small size, a little bit of my stash, well, small stash, and only looking at a bit of Euro in reserve while keeping BTC going up.

If you recall our BTC price move from $4,200 to $13,880,  it is likely that quite a few of us only experienced a few dips that allowed us to buy back some of our sold BTC, so in some sense there was a bit of a feeling of a straight up in BTC price which is a good practice run for what kinds of extremes for which you and your BTC portfolio needs to be prepared.  Of course, frequently we are likely going to receive pauses in UPwards BTC price movement, but we should be prepared for the extremes, both psychologically and financially.

So, yeah, since the end of June, and our $13,880 price peak, there has been a lot of DOWN and UP that has allowed for several times opportunities to buy back some BTC - even if a guy (or gal) might end up selling such BTC again upon the subsequent BTC price rise, for me, there is a stacking sats components to my DOWN and UP in which with each return back UP, I will end up having a bit more BTC than I had the first time around at that particular price point.

And in macro view, I have a feeling that all major world fiat currencies are trying to melt down all together, they also love each other after all... . Wink

Of course, there frequently is speculation that a collapse will happen gradually, then all at once, but I still think that it is going to take well over 20 years for any kind of meaningful collapse to take place, and even then it might be hard to determine with any kind of precision where baby BTC is going to be in that whole scheme of things... even while at the same time, those of us investing in bitcoin likely realize that relatively speaking, BTC should be in a very decent place - how many of us will be alive and well and in a decent position to enjoy our likely ongoing wealth in 20 years?  There will be quite a few of us gone, even if from causes other than old age.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 01:38:54 AM

I will insist with original, :not possible: - same trade mining

That is ridiculous to stick with the original, especially when you are presented with a less absolutist way forward.

Yes, many of us HODLers wish for the BTC price to go up, but the mere existence of our wish, and even the existence of similar wishes of other HODLers does not hardly cause the wish to become an absolute.
FrodoBagHolder

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 01:39:06 AM

Things are not bad. Onward and upward  Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 01:59:45 AM
Merited by Biodom (1)

It's all of you JJG - have you ever placed bet on colour more than 1S? or you are healthy/clever man who don't do gambling?
I hate enthusiasm.

Of course, I have gambled.  I am old enough to have a lot of different life experiences, and surely some of those life experiences involve a lot more risk taking than others.

With regards to finances, I have largely attempted to take the vast majority of any kind of gambling tendency out of my various investments, and I recall learning that soon after leaving high school and then getting some personal financial and goal setting training in my first job (probably within a few months after leaving home).  One of the things that I learned early on was to attempt to live within your means and to have some kind of investment or savings plan (and the ideas of compounding returns), so I continued to attempt to apply those principles from my youngest years including trying to continue to invest at least 10% of my income into various investments, and my investments tended to be quite conservative. 

I also tried to learn as I went, and sometimes I made some mistakes, too.  To the extent that there could have been some gambling involved with some of the extra money that I had been stacking away, I also would attempt to hedge my investments too, but I learned that along the way, too. 

I pretty much started from nothing when I graduated from high school and soon after leaving home, and just before I got into bitcoin, I had largely felt that I had already established a pretty decent level of wealth, but I had considered bitcoin to be a way to hedge my traditional investments.   

So?  What kind of approach are you suggesting, degxtra1?  Even  if we feel that there is "no chance" of BTC going below $10k ever again, we still need to work within a budget, don't we?  Also, even if we assume no lower than 5 digits in this particular BTC market, even a drop down to $10k would be more than a 15% price drop.  How should we deal with that, if it were to occur?

Are you suggesting  BIG baller moves, degxtra1?  Is there any difference in how newbies might approach our current BTC price situation as compared with someone who has already largely established his/her BTC position?
degxtra1

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 02:04:01 AM

guys, do you remeber this shit?  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7cvzMjAWjs
degxtra1

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 02:22:09 AM

I hate enthusiasm.

Of course, I have gambled.  I am old enough to have a lot of different life experiences, and surely some of those life experiences involve a lot more risk taking than others.

So?  What kind of approach are you suggesting, degxtra1?  Even  if we feel that there is "no chance" of BTC going below $10k ever again, we still need to work within a budget, don't we?  Also, even if we assume no lower than 5 digits in this particular BTC market, even a drop down to $10k would be more than a 15% price drop.  How should we deal with that, if it were to occur?

Are you suggesting  BIG baller moves, degxtra1?  Is there any difference in how newbies might approach our current BTC price situation as compared with someone who has already largely established his/her BTC position?
you gambled, of course, but I ask question if that was more than 1s on stake ?

The question is in how many days we reach 6digit (6D) number.
Could you bet?

My bet is: in less than 645 days.

And yes , I took this number from my ass, but I'm quite convinced it happen earlier. Let's make it personal: If i'm wrong I will pay you 0.1BTC.

What is your bet?

And how much you will pay me if you are wrong - Im happy with my stake.  Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 02:57:01 AM

[edited out]
you gambled, of course, but I ask question if that was more than 1s on stake ?

The more you type, the more ridiculous of a state under which you seem to devolve.

You started out as potentially somewhat normal, like a guy with some bullish expectations, yet the more that I question your various assertions the more famous you seem to want to become from whatever the fuck various ideas that you have seem to have, and largely I may not even disagree with what you are asserting except maybe the way that you are saying them, rather than what you are saying.   

When you ask about putting "more than 1s on stake", I don't even know what you are talking about.  Furthermore, your first assertion was that we would never go below 5 digits again, and now you want to talk about whether we will go to 6 digits in 645 days.  Why do I give too many fucks, except that you are talking in gibberish absolutes, and I have no interest in discussing the taking the opposite of bets in such scenarios, even though there might be other posters here who are more than willing to take the opposite side of any bet that you want to make, especially if you want to make them in absolutes.

The question is in how many days we reach 6digit (6D) number.
Could you bet?

My bet is: in less than 645 days.

Do you see me posting in this thread about predictions that I might have or not have? 

I see one of my missions in life is to call bullshit on wannabe sorcerers.  Of course, I tend to be decently more sympathetic to wannabe bull sorcerers, but still when the get aggressive and double down like you seem to be inclined to do, then it just seems that you are getting way the fuck too embedded into whatever hopium you have been smoking.

Of course, there are decent odds for BTC to reach 6 digits in 645 days, but I surely don't want to take any bet with you - and especially not currently while you are coming off as all worked up and self-righteous - even though that could cause you to make even dumber bets.

And yes , I took this number from my ass, but I'm quite convinced it happen earlier. Let's make it personal: If i'm wrong I will pay you 0.1BTC.

I don't care and I would not even want to take your .1BTC if you were to be wrong.  I have plenty of my own BTC, and I could care less about whether you are correct or not and I am not in the mood, at this time to be discussing a bet with you when you have been largely playing evasive tactics with questions that I have already posed to you and now you are engaging in other diversion tactics attempting to make this about me, when you are conjuring up all kinds of desires for power plays in your mind.. 

What is your bet?

I don't have any bet at this point, except maybe to bet that you will engage in any kind of diversion tactic(s) that you are able to in order to avoid responding to earlier questions that I had already legitimately put to you.

And how much you will pay me if you are wrong - Im happy with my stake.  Grin

I am not going to pay you anything, because you are coming off as a bit deranged and emotional.  If you settle down a bit, then maybe I might consider some kind of meaningful discussion, or maybe there are some other folks who want to discuss your bet with you, especially since you seem so inclined to want to bet and you are getting so worked up... Generally when people get so emotional and worked up, they will make dumb decisions, and so you are looking to get played, no?
degxtra1

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 03:04:07 AM

Julian,
you are unable to risk anything, but you know how to dream all your life to earn in easy way...

kind of situation: eat&have cake - it's impossible.

Best.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 03:52:00 AM

Julian,
you are unable to risk anything, but you know how to dream all your life to earn in easy way...

kind of situation: eat&have cake - it's impossible.

Best.

You see what I mean about emotional devolution?  Case in point, exhibited above.

By the way, maintaining various lifelong investment plans, attempting to keep learning about investments and investment strategies along the way and tweaking such investment plans in accordance with such learnings has never really seemed like any kind of "easy way."

On the other hand, "it is nice when a plan comes together," as they used to say on The A-Team.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 05:15:52 AM

I would've thought stablecoin issuers would be vastly more uptight than regular banking - https://www.ccn.com/paxos-standard-hassling-ethereum-traders-trying-to-redeem-stablecoin-pax-for-dollars/

And Gemini as well have stopped withdrawals in the past because redeeming large amounts affects their ability to “maximize their status on CoinMarketCap.” https://www.coindesk.com/winklevoss-crypto-gemini-gusd-stablecoin-redemption.

Good luck to those using it them all the same. The amounts you throw around may be the deciding factor in whether they screw with you.

Paxos were giving a rebate/discount to people to buy PAX, so it was trading at discount at Binance. So we bought at a discount and redeemed at full price to arbitrage.

I'm sure the amounts and stuff like ^^^ this matter.

If you like that one, here's ol' Jim Cramer (and his crony partner Stephanie Link) in 2014 when asked about Bitcoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kEySHOd4JU

Never. Fkn. Forget.

Cramer has always been a contrarian indicator IMO. He just sets up the sheeple for the slaughter.

VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2019, 05:29:59 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2019, 05:47:16 AM by VB1001

We need a $800 pump to wake everybody up.

$12576 in one hour

I am awake whether we have an $800 pump or not, and I am part of everybody.  therefore you are wrong.    Tongue Tongue Tongue

Good morning WO,s

JJG you are fireproof, you never run out of batteries, you never sleep, always online, you are a prodigy of science. Wink

https://twitter.com/StacieWaleyko/status/1159648380370509824

This business is fine.

- I buy it for 90% of the value.
- I sell it for 4% 6% Wink more of the value.
Pages: « 1 ... 24437 24438 24439 24440 24441 24442 24443 24444 24445 24446 24447 24448 24449 24450 24451 24452 24453 24454 24455 24456 24457 24458 24459 24460 24461 24462 24463 24464 24465 24466 24467 24468 24469 24470 24471 24472 24473 24474 24475 24476 24477 24478 24479 24480 24481 24482 24483 24484 24485 24486 [24487] 24488 24489 24490 24491 24492 24493 24494 24495 24496 24497 24498 24499 24500 24501 24502 24503 24504 24505 24506 24507 24508 24509 24510 24511 24512 24513 24514 24515 24516 24517 24518 24519 24520 24521 24522 24523 24524 24525 24526 24527 24528 24529 24530 24531 24532 24533 24534 24535 24536 24537 ... 33285 »
  Print  

Jump to: