May 04, 2024, 07:56:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24455 24456 24457 24458 24459 24460 24461 24462 24463 24464 24465 24466 24467 24468 24469 24470 24471 24472 24473 24474 24475 24476 24477 24478 24479 24480 24481 24482 24483 24484 24485 24486 24487 24488 24489 24490 24491 24492 24493 24494 24495 24496 24497 24498 24499 24500 24501 24502 24503 24504 [24505] 24506 24507 24508 24509 24510 24511 24512 24513 24514 24515 24516 24517 24518 24519 24520 24521 24522 24523 24524 24525 24526 24527 24528 24529 24530 24531 24532 24533 24534 24535 24536 24537 24538 24539 24540 24541 24542 24543 24544 24545 24546 24547 24548 24549 24550 24551 24552 24553 24554 24555 ... 33321 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371825 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7988

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 09:00:40 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), tranthidung (1)

< ... >
Hats updated Jul-2019.
Please help me to have my hat, when you have time.
Have a nice weekend, everyone!

That is a beautiful photo!  Sorry it took me so long to make your hat but I hope it was worth the wait.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 09:15:56 AM

One of the fondest memories is playing Monkey Island II with only 14 (fourteen) floppy disk to swap bask and forth, with that ba*stard faulty 7th disk that crashed every time.

I remember I've asked all friends' floppy disks to transfer NetQ Rally from somewhere. Iirc it was about 100MB. Of course, some of the disks have failed, but I was careful enough and I asked the guy I got it from to keep the archives for a couple of days until I am sure.

Last time I've had a 1.44 floppy in hand was a few years ago, somebody gave it to me to look at the sun for a (partial) eclipse (!).
1Mb data blocks are still very much a thing, ask BTC devs.

In other news LTC does not even have development.
https://youtu.be/UpeWcRR0kcs
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 09:41:06 AM

Oooooh, I probably shouldn't have investigated where that 500 or so sats came from that appeared in my cold storage stash.

But wouldn't that mean these attacks would have to come from the block explorer sites? That where one would go to trace transactions after all.

I see, so it's in collecting the dust with a transaction. OK, haven't done that. Will make sure it stays where it is.

WO gang.
BTC is so lazy in these days, but I think this news is really important:

LITECOIN WALLETS HIT BY LARGE-SCALE DUSTING ATTACK, SO WHAT IS IT?

Reports are emerging that Litecoin wallets have been hit by a new kind of cyber-attack called dusting. It has not affected LTC markets but is something that crypto traders and holders should be aware of. Binance Academy offered an explanation.

In short, a dusting attack is when scammers attempt to break the privacy of a cryptocurrency, Litecoin in this case, by sending tiny amounts of it to private wallets. The attackers then attempt to trace the transactional activity of these wallets in an attempt to discover the identity of the person that owns them.

The term ‘dust’ refers to the tiny fractions of crypto coins that most users ignore. A couple of hundred satoshis may be referred to as ‘dust’ as the sum is so tiny that most people would not even notice it. It is also prevalent on crypto exchanges as the remnants of transactions that remain in wallets and can no longer be user or transferred.

Here a description of the attack on Binance academy.
https://www.binance.vision/security/what-is-a-dusting-attack

This technique is used on Bitcoin to, so be alert WO gang: when someone send you some sats, be safe!

fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15450

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 09:46:31 AM

Oooooh, I probably shouldn't have investigated where that 500 or so sats came from that appeared in my cold storage stash.

But wouldn't that mean these attacks would have to come from the block explorer sites? That where one would go to trace transactions after all.

I see, so it's in collecting the dust with a transaction. OK, haven't done that. Will make sure it stays where it is.

WO gang.

Reports are emerging that Litecoin wallets have been hit by a new kind of cyber-attack called dusting. It has not affected LTC markets but is something that crypto traders and holders should be aware of. Binance Academy offered an explanation.

In short, a dusting attack is when scammers attempt to break the privacy of a cryptocurrency, Litecoin in this case, by sending tiny amounts of it to private wallets. The attackers then attempt to trace the transactional activity of these wallets in an attempt to discover the identity of the person that owns them.

The term ‘dust’ refers to the tiny fractions of crypto coins that most users ignore. A couple of hundred satoshis may be referred to as ‘dust’ as the sum is so tiny that most people would not even notice it. It is also prevalent on crypto exchanges as the remnants of transactions that remain in wallets and can no longer be user or transferred.

This technique is used on Bitcoin to, so be alert WO gang: when someone send you some sats, be safe!

Exactly. The  point is consolidating this transaction in your wallet is really dangerous for your privacy.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 10:18:30 AM

WO gang.

Maybe I am dumb but I don’t really get this. How does dusting an address make any difference ?   You can trace the flow of funds either with or without the dust ?   All transactions are public data.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 10:34:02 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2019, 10:51:47 AM by realr0ach

Wilhelm,
Jesus was fully a Jew, and also the Apostle Paul was a Jew of great prominence, and also recognized as an apostle.

Many today from the Jewish Faith who have proclaimed Jesus to be their Savior and Lord think of themselves as completed Jews.
They seem to be reviled by many who are Jews without a belief that Jesus is the Messiah.

If you were to assume Jesus was/is real, there's no way out of the logical conclusion that this branch of religion forked and Christians are now the real Jews and the other fork claiming to be Jews are the anti-Christ.  This is why Jews despise Christianity, their mere existence highlights the fact they're the enemy of mankind.  

It's also blatantly obvious talmudic Judaism is a fake/bogus religion at cursory glance due to the fact all of it's tenets revolve around treating outsiders BADLY who are not part of the cult.  Both Judaism and Islam are identical in this fact; they're tribal war doctrines based on waging warfare against anyone else not part of the cult/tribe.  Christianity states you must treat everyone the same - the golden rule; not talmudic, Pharisee Judaism and Islam. They're both fake religions.  Judaism is identical to Nazism in practice and nobody claims Nazism is a religion.
fillippone
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 11:50:46 AM
Merited by nutildah (1)

<SNIP>

Maybe I am dumb but I don’t really get this. How does dusting an address make any difference ?   You can trace the flow of funds either with or without the dust ?   All transactions are public data.
I think here the point is which address dust transactions are sent to: used BTC address with 0 balance.
So the attacker knows he's sending sats to and address in control of someone. Let's call this address A.
When you want to spend you join the A stats to your B address.
This is new information for attacker. He otherwise couldn't have linked the two different A and B addresses.

Another technique is sending sats to a "gift address" or deliberately ask for a "new address for a donation" and then send a few sats to that address (again address A). when you consolidate to your main wallet B to spend, there, the attackers knows you own also B address (without sending sats you wouldn't have used that very address).
Typical use case:
1. internet bitcoin faucet, where you have to register with email (address B controlled by email XXX@yyy).
2. Bitcoin.com giving out 50 dollars in crypto so they can track your addresses for free.

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 12:00:42 PM

^Hint:  Don't use non-fungible, digital shitcoin, govt tracking and slavery system tokens if you don't want to be monitored in real-time like goyim cattle.  Use physical metals instead.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 12:15:18 PM

^Hint:  Don't use non-fungible, digital shitcoin, govt tracking and slavery system tokens if you don't want to be monitored in real-time like goyim cattle.  Use physical metals instead.
Bitcoin does not care it monitors everyone equal, that is obviously not welcome by everyone.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 12:20:49 PM

^Hint:  Don't use non-fungible, digital shitcoin, govt tracking and slavery system tokens if you don't want to be monitored in real-time like goyim cattle.  Use physical metals instead.
Bitcoin does not care it monitors everyone equal, that is obviously not welcome by everyone.

Because abolishing the 5th amendment and being tracked, controlled, and monitored in a Chinese-style, cashless society slavery system is a good thing, right?  This is the only possible endgame evolution of any non-fungible, digital shitcoin whose transaction validators are designed to centralize.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2072

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 12:20:50 PM

Roach why don't you hang out with your new friend ðºÞæ on the bsv thread Grin
SuperTA

Activity: 406
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 12:27:45 PM

WO gang.

Maybe I am dumb but I don’t really get this. How does dusting an address make any difference ?   You can trace the flow of funds either with or without the dust ?   All transactions are public data.

Yes, all transactions are public data but they don't have your name. Attackers are trying to identify users and use that for elaborate fishing attack. Attackers hope that users will mix their dust with other amount and send to another wallets. You can protect yourself if you don't send the dust you received.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 12:32:09 PM

Yes, all transactions are public data but they don't have your name. Attackers are trying to identify users and use that for elaborate fishing attack.

Attack me if you dare.  My father is Li Gang.
Spaceman_Spiff_Original

Activity: 417
Merit: 220

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 01:13:52 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), vapourminer (1), nutildah (1), HairyMaclairy (1)

WO gang.

I didn't understand this before either, but it is a way to link different adresses in the same wallet, it can not do more than that.  Maybe you used an old address once and it is empty.  However, you still have some funds on a newer address in the same wallet.  You spend funds from that wallet.  You were not aware the old wallet received some dust, and the dust was included in the transaction, showing both the old and new address as inputs to the same tx, and therefore probably part of the same wallet, belonging to the same person.  If there was identity info attached to any of the 2 addresses, that identity info is now linked to the other address.

TLDR: basically assume al addresses in the same wallet are known to be linked, and make separate wallets if you don't want it to be linked.
fillippone
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 01:39:31 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2023, 07:22:47 AM by fillippone

Boring afternoon session on BTC,
so fellow Fillippone providing you a time sink:

https://graph.lndexplorer.com/

a way to look at how far LND network has grown lately, with full data on each node.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 01:47:13 PM

I wonder what they should change the "Save" icon to...

True, floppy disks are just completely irrelevant.

Can't change it to a CD because they are nearing irrelevance.

The "Save" icon is iconic, but antiquated.

What would be a decent replacement?

it should never change. that icon is legendary, for want or a better term.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 01:50:53 PM

Really don't care if someone wants to waste time tracking my addresses. All my shit is above board, it's not any more of a threat than having a bank account is.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 01:59:53 PM

a way to look at how far LND network has grown lately, with full data on each node.

Number of lightning channels is meaningless.  Is everyone in this thread just completely fucking retarded?  If Bitcoin was actually used for anything in the real world, there would be a substantial $ cost to opening channels - meaning you would not be able to afford creating channels with everyone on the planet that you hypothetically might need to transact with - so the only possible evolution of the system for connectivity and liquidity reasons (balances in separate channels can't be combined to pay for a larger transaction) would be a hub and spoke model where you just have one channel open to a bank that's connected to everyone who routes all your transactions.

What is the purpose of such a system?  There is no purpose.  It's an exact replica of the permissioned ledger banking system that already exists.  People shilling for Lightning Network are literal subhuman, moron, trash scammers trying to trick people into a cashless society slavery system.  Thanks, but no thanks.  I'll pass on your Judeo cashless society slavery system and stick with physical metals instead.  Go ahead and slap yourself in the face for being an idiot.  Every single person at Blockstream is a piece of shit scammer working for the banks directly or indirectly (from their own stupidity).

VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 02:00:19 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

Current Tether Supply Suggests Bitcoin Price Is Correcting to $20,000

Bitcoin traders split into 3 groups

Since correcting from 2019’s all-time high of $13,800 and thrice failing to break above $12,500, crypto investors broke into three camps.

The first took the bearish perspective and predicted a pullback to $8,500-$7,500, often citing the CME gap.

The second envisioned a lengthy period of consolidation where Bitcoin price would remain pinned between $9,000 and $12,000, providing the opportunity for savvy traders and institutional investors to accumulate prior to the 2020 halving.

The third group interpreted the parabolic breakdown as nothing more than a blip and remain steadfast in their belief that the digital asset will eventually rally back to $13,500 and higher.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/current-tether-supply-suggests-bitcoin-price-is-correcting-to-20-000
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 02:07:01 PM

Really don't care if someone wants to waste time tracking my addresses. All my shit is above board, it's not any more of a threat than having a bank account is.

I hear ya, but otoh if someone has your personal info and your addresses it makes it just that more likely you'll be hacked. Ain't no one got time for that. With a bank account you have the supposed protection of the insurance and institutional safeguards. With your own accounts it's just you doing security. Criminals go after the easy targets.
Pages: « 1 ... 24455 24456 24457 24458 24459 24460 24461 24462 24463 24464 24465 24466 24467 24468 24469 24470 24471 24472 24473 24474 24475 24476 24477 24478 24479 24480 24481 24482 24483 24484 24485 24486 24487 24488 24489 24490 24491 24492 24493 24494 24495 24496 24497 24498 24499 24500 24501 24502 24503 24504 [24505] 24506 24507 24508 24509 24510 24511 24512 24513 24514 24515 24516 24517 24518 24519 24520 24521 24522 24523 24524 24525 24526 24527 24528 24529 24530 24531 24532 24533 24534 24535 24536 24537 24538 24539 24540 24541 24542 24543 24544 24545 24546 24547 24548 24549 24550 24551 24552 24553 24554 24555 ... 33321 »
  Print  

Jump to: