May 05, 2024, 03:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26760 26761 26762 26763 26764 26765 26766 26767 26768 26769 26770 26771 26772 26773 26774 26775 26776 26777 26778 26779 26780 26781 26782 26783 26784 26785 26786 26787 26788 26789 26790 26791 26792 26793 26794 26795 26796 26797 26798 26799 26800 26801 26802 26803 26804 26805 26806 26807 26808 26809 [26810] 26811 26812 26813 26814 26815 26816 26817 26818 26819 26820 26821 26822 26823 26824 26825 26826 26827 26828 26829 26830 26831 26832 26833 26834 26835 26836 26837 26838 26839 26840 26841 26842 26843 26844 26845 26846 26847 26848 26849 26850 26851 26852 26853 26854 26855 26856 26857 26858 26859 26860 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372202 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 11:49:27 AM

Good for brainstorming but to me it seems "how to lose friend 101" irl.

The friend will always get his money, he doesn't need to know... And you can always stop if you feel uncomfortable.
Sure, you will return him as stakes are low but scenario could change drastically if amount is $9k -$90k so on instead of $900 because profit and loss is speculative in this case. But profit-loss margin is not main concern, important part is your friend doesn't have any slightest idea about your intentions and he's trusting you with his money. I am sure you wouldn't like this idea if roles are reversed. Overall I would say it's not very ethical practice irl

It's like you are about to screw your friend's wife and you are saying it's fine as long as she's going back to your friend. He doesn't need to know anything and you can always stop if you feel uncomfortable.  Grin Grin

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 11:55:31 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1), bkbirge (1)

bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2077

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 12:13:16 PM
Merited by nutildah (2)

Nice BTC900 ask wall on coinbase @9092 or is this a wrong place for such things?
Its probably someone with a very small penis
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 12:46:02 PM

Nice BTC900 ask wall on coinbase @9092 or is this a wrong place for such things?
Its probably someone with a very small penis

That can be dangerous too.

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 03:26:31 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The friend will always get his money, he doesn't need to know... And you can always stop if you feel uncomfortable.
Sure, you will return him as stakes are low but scenario could change drastically if amount is $9k -$90k so on instead of $900 because profit and loss is speculative in this case. But profit-loss margin is not main concern, important part is your friend doesn't have any slightest idea about your intentions and he's trusting you with his money. I am sure you wouldn't like this idea if roles are reversed. Overall I would say it's not very ethical practice irl

It's like you are about to screw your friend's wife and you are saying it's fine as long as she's going back to your friend. He doesn't need to know anything and you can always stop if you feel uncomfortable.  Grin Grin

I understand what you're saying, but think of it like this:

When I put his $150 in my bank account, it is mixed with my money, so by using $150/month on BTC and at the same time guaranteeing him $150 for his rent income, I'm essentially using my own money for the investment. Same thing happens in a bank. You put your money in, the bank invests it, or even lends it to others and earns interest. But the bank guarantees (theoretically at least) that they're going to give you back your money when you request it.

About screwing my friend's wife, of course you're absolutely right in this case. It's unethical and I would never do it.
Krubster

Activity: 355
Merit: 717

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 03:44:38 PM
Merited by strawbs (1)

Happy UK Fuck Off Day !!!
Krubster

Activity: 355
Merit: 717

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 03:51:04 PM

The MtGox Trustee has delayed the deadline for the Rehabilitation Plan yet again.

https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20200630_announcement_en.pdf

The Rehabilitation Trustee is currently formulating the rehabilitation plan, but as there are matters that require closer examination with regard to the rehabilitation plan, it has become necessary to extend the submission deadline for the rehabilitation plan.

In light of the foregoing, the Rehabilitation Trustee filed a motion to seek an extension of the submission deadline of the rehabilitation plan at the Tokyo District Court, and, on June 30, 2020, the Tokyo District Court issued an order to extend the submission deadline for the rehabilitation plan to October 15, 2020.

I'm seriously considering selling my claim and get this over with, but if I've waited this long, I might as well wait a little bit longer.

My understanding is that those entities who have been buying up GOX claims have been acquiring a shitload of coins, and surely they are NOT too likely to be friendly to bitcoin if they do get the coins released to them- and maybe if the coins are released during a BTC pump, then it would not have any meaningful or lasting negative impact on the BTC price.

If you have been waiting more than 6 years, I really don't see why you would sell now.. The earlier buyers of the interest in those GOX coins are not even offering 20% of the current market value, right?
Yes, you're right. I'm not actually going to sell my claim. I was just frustrated that it was delayed again, but I'm over it now.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12038

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 04:31:51 PM

Hehe.... first day back at the movies since LOCKDOWN
 Cool
SuperTA

Activity: 406
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 04:42:31 PM
Merited by fillippone (2), BobLawblaw (2), JayJuanGee (1)

W.O. Monthly for June

I’ve just been reading all of the W.O. pages for June 2020. @fillippone already made monthly stats so i made a little bit different this time.
Analysis is based on my reading and counting page by page, word by word, no shortcuts, no database used, so there could be some mistakes. 2 days spent for counting.

Some used words during the month of June:

number of pages: 144
Bitcoin mentioned: 686 times
Btc mentioned: 610 times
Bitcoin symbol mentioned: 64 times
Bitcoin words and symbols total: 1360

Government mentioned: 79 times
The F words mentioned: 190 times

#nohomo and similar words (##Moarhomo etc.) 25 times
the only 2 days without the f words: June 7, June 28
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 04:45:57 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Yeah... don't play with someone elses money dude. That being said if you've got the money to cover it and give to him if it goes tits up; it's a bit different. But then just do it with your own $$$

The reason that you do it with someone else's money is in order to profit from the float, and your own money remains the emergency fund for any emergency... so you are banking on the possibility that there is not going to be an emergency.

You cannot do the same with your own emergency funds, because if you did, then you would not have emergency funds.

You see the difference right?  There is an extra layer when you use the float that is someone else's funds.

I am not saying to do it, but I am saying that there is enough of a distinguishing difference between using someone else's funds and using your own (presumably emergency funds) to make a distinguishable difference.

Another thing that people who invest their money attempt to do, is to attempt to get as much of their money working as they can, so they do not just have capital sitting around that is not working, so there are ways to manage those kind of floats to your advantage, but a frequently problem with a newer investor is that they do not tend to have as much of a float, so they will tend to be more risky.. I am guilty of the same, and surely sometimes it could end up biting them in the ass because not only might they miscalculating the risk that they are taking, they also might be miscalculating that they do not even have enough funds in their emergency stash to cover the level of emergencies that can arise, and we frequently witness that emergencies do not necessarily come in single shots but instead, several at once.

We’ll be back to $8,000 by the end of April!

Fucking quote me bruh!

I was bored and i'm currently reading some older posts from the time when bitcoin crashed to 4k. This comment was spot on! Congratulations! Your prediction came true. You said that bitcoin will be back to 8,000 usd by the end of April! You were so right. Bitcoin reeached 8,000 usd on the 29th of April. How did you know that?  Smiley There you go, i quoted you LFC_Bitcoin!

I believe LFC might either be clairvoyant or a sorcerer.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I bought 4BTC under $5,000 during that time, the opposite of going full mindrust.

You bought nearly half of mindrust's stash.

You BIG MEANIE!!!!!    Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

You should sell those 4 BTC back to mindrust at the price that you bought them... to make him feel MOAR better.   Yeah, he will still complain, but so what you would be doing a good thing bringing him back to making up almost half of his lame-ass mistake Tongue  like a WO sponsored bailout (really sponsored by LFC, but why get technical about giving credit)Wink
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 04:49:53 PM

Maybe I am just paranoid?

your only paranoid if nobody is out to get you

I know that.  BELIEVE ME, I know that!

Why are you trying to say I don't?  WHY?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:02:42 PM

...you are suggesting that you are playing the 6-month float, assessing that it would be profitable so long as you did not end up screwing up and losing the money through some kind of exchange hack or something like that.  Overall, it does not seem like a bad idea... so sure...

I think AlcoHoDL could better start a new thread with this post than comment here because the idea is quite interesting and I am sure that many people would be interested not only to discuss it further, but also to hear some more details about the math behind it. How many profitable six-month periods were there and how did it look exactly (money wise) month after month? Of course, I see the graph but miss the details.

I suppose that many people are in such a situation that they manage some money for a friend, family, business or even if somebody saves actually 100 or 200$ every month on something it could be a way to make few additional bucks. Really great topic to discuss in my opinion and here it will be off-topic if taken too far.

For example, I wonder if the profit could be higher if AlcoHoDL would compound the earned money and for how much or maybe it would be lower because of it?
I am sure there may be many who would have something to add to this topic and here on Wall Observer, this post will disappear very fast because it is a very crowded place with a lot of posts published every day. Is a big waste that such a great discussion opportunity may go unnoticed.

@wwzsocki:... I'm a hardcore WOer. Never visit or start other threads. For me, BitcoinTalk = WO, my bookmarks lead straight here...

We talk all kinds of shit like this in the WO.... even though you are correct that sometimes another thread might allow better flushing out of details, but also you might get a bunch of lame shit responses too.

Regarding leveraging.  I personally think that would be a really bad idea that would likely quicken the losing the money or creation of an emergency  - though there are probably a few people who might be able to utilize leverage in a way that they don't end up getting bitten in the ass, but the vast majority of time, leverage is a bad idea... especially if you are already using someone else's money... you already have leverage, so why add leverage upon leverage?  Makes little sense to me.  Further, it is like suggesting to invest in shitcoins, adding more risk, when bitcoin is already risky enough.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:06:13 PM

[...]

You should sell those 4 BTC back to mindrust at the price that you bought them... to make him feel MOAR better.   Yeah, he will still complain, but so what you would be doing a good thing bringing him back to making up almost half of his lame-ass mistake Tongue  like a WO sponsored bailout (really sponsored by LFC, but why get technical about giving credit)Wink

I don't think mindrust would agree to that offer. He's far too proud and selfish. My guess is that he will never admit his mistake. He will support his actions until the end.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:35:50 PM

W.O. Monthly for June

I’ve just been reading all of the W.O. pages for June 2020. @fillippone already made monthly stats so i made a little bit different this time.
Analysis is based on my reading and counting page by page, word by word, no shortcuts, no database used, so there could be some mistakes. 2 days spent for counting.

[...]

ok so peeps who posted on those dates need to go back and edit the posts so they all include that F word thing. cuz the universe will not balance otherwise. i think.

thusly (only showing 1 of my 2 posts):

yeah thats my attitude too. we may be walking (or sleeping) on a narrow ledge with potentially killer drops on all sides but its where and how you land that counts. so may as well enjoy the view.

edit for july 4th: f word thing
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:38:42 PM

[...]

You should sell those 4 BTC back to mindrust at the price that you bought them... to make him feel MOAR better.   Yeah, he will still complain, but so what you would be doing a good thing bringing him back to making up almost half of his lame-ass mistake Tongue  like a WO sponsored bailout (really sponsored by LFC, but why get technical about giving credit).  Wink

I don't think mindrust would agree to that offer. He's far too proud and selfish. My guess is that he will never admit his mistake. He will support his actions until the end.

I personally do still have some small amount of faith in mindrust, and probably, I just got too attached to him and the story of his avatar... so I can relate to it in terms of the trials and tribulations of real people, including that they are aggravating and sometimes contradictory in their thoughts and actions.

I also don't mind that he chimes into this thread from time to time to either defend himself, explain himself and he has admitted a few times that he was wrong (while he was explaining that he was right at the same time), so the whole situation is not easy, no matter how you attempt to address it, even though there were so many of us attempting to provide him timely information in order to help him to make better decisions, he continued to ONLY be able to accept, grasp and utilize small portions of that information, and maybe not even to his own advantage, because in the end, his attempts to account for what other people were saying interfered with his own creation and follow through with a more objectively reasonable plan..

Of course, all seems to be fair in regards to our continuing to use him as a punching bag, and he should realize that in terms of what we would do and how punching bag status is continuing for the legacy of his avatar.   Wink Wink

I suppose in essence, I am saying that I have NOT completely lost hope for mindrust... even though there continues to be only small amounts of benefit of the doubt data with which to work.... so hopefully he is getting through all of this well, including his seemingly current ongoing exploring of some of his purportedly "other" "important" interests, too.
soullyG

Activity: 1011
Merit: 721

Decentralize everything

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:39:57 PM

Looks like the support at $9k got confirmed again, now let's see if we can use the momentum to move up past $9.6k - not getting too excited till then!

2H
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15457

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2020, 05:41:53 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), vapourminer (1)

W.O. Monthly for June

[...]

ok so peeps who posted on those dates need to go back and edit the posts so they all include that F word thing. cuz the universe will not balance otherwise. i think.

That’s done!
SuperTA

Activity: 406
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:47:08 PM

W.O. Monthly for June

[...]

That’s done!

Haha. Ok guys. That's funny. But the hardest thing was to read JJG's post, not because they are not interesting but because they are very long. Now imagine reading 202 posts from JJG in the month of June.  Grin Not easy!
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 9544

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:55:17 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2020, 06:09:22 PM by LFC_Bitcoin
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Independence Day POMP incoming?

btcbeliever

Activity: 232
Merit: 29

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 06:16:55 PM

W.O. Monthly for June

number of pages: 144
Bitcoin mentioned: 686 times
Btc mentioned: 610 times
Bitcoin symbol mentioned: 64 times
Bitcoin words and symbols total: 1360

Government mentioned: 79 times
The F words mentioned: 190 times

#nohomo and similar words (##Moarhomo etc.) 25 times

2 days counting up these words?
Have you heard of computers?
Pages: « 1 ... 26760 26761 26762 26763 26764 26765 26766 26767 26768 26769 26770 26771 26772 26773 26774 26775 26776 26777 26778 26779 26780 26781 26782 26783 26784 26785 26786 26787 26788 26789 26790 26791 26792 26793 26794 26795 26796 26797 26798 26799 26800 26801 26802 26803 26804 26805 26806 26807 26808 26809 [26810] 26811 26812 26813 26814 26815 26816 26817 26818 26819 26820 26821 26822 26823 26824 26825 26826 26827 26828 26829 26830 26831 26832 26833 26834 26835 26836 26837 26838 26839 26840 26841 26842 26843 26844 26845 26846 26847 26848 26849 26850 26851 26852 26853 26854 26855 26856 26857 26858 26859 26860 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: