May 04, 2024, 09:09:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29213 29214 29215 29216 29217 29218 29219 29220 29221 29222 29223 29224 29225 29226 29227 29228 29229 29230 29231 29232 29233 29234 29235 29236 29237 29238 29239 29240 29241 29242 29243 29244 29245 29246 29247 29248 29249 29250 29251 29252 29253 29254 29255 29256 29257 29258 29259 29260 29261 29262 [29263] 29264 29265 29266 29267 29268 29269 29270 29271 29272 29273 29274 29275 29276 29277 29278 29279 29280 29281 29282 29283 29284 29285 29286 29287 29288 29289 29290 29291 29292 29293 29294 29295 29296 29297 29298 29299 29300 29301 29302 29303 29304 29305 29306 29307 29308 29309 29310 29311 29312 29313 ... 33322 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372101 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 10:32:50 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I completely agree with this statement as we can clearly make judgement from the past price graphs and holders gives it justification.

Those who have held it from 2017 also like not going too behind when they fell from $20k to $3k and instead of panic sell they hold or invested in bitcoin are now proof that profits are delivered to them who hold or invested at dips.But there are still who says it will not be able to stay above this or that level or others who prefer to have shitcoin full portfolio will regret themselves later and fund will be lost.Only bitcoin is the best option.

On the other side who prefer to invest in capital guaranteed or safe bonds in traditional market and call btc bubble or risky investment are ignoring the rising inflation and devaluation of their investment but still happy with it.

Those who are holding bitcoin at this time are the ones taking part in financial revolution and know fiat and inflation will make your net worth very less but btc will do the opposite and gain profits.

These dips are turning more and more DCA for me and i am happy to be btc holder.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 10:42:24 AM
Merited by JimboToronto (1)

I had a dreadful thought one day, that many of the so called Trolls may have mental illness. I would not want any of them to cause themselves harm because of some remark I'd made. So I've decided to go soft and treat them sympathetically. While behind the scenes I may have a little chuckle to myself.
Can you imagine what it's like visiting this forum as a no coiner, reading lots of posts with people actively involved in the Bitcoin space but being too afraid to join them and just get in at today's price, always praying for the big drop down to whatever price, then if it gets there, they still don't buy in. So they can only shout in from the sidelines, joyous at the discomfort some holders experience when the price tanks. The Germans have a word for it 'schadenfreude'.
While Billy Coiner was making stupid comments at $30k, I bought BTC 0.25 at $31.5k thinking the $32k window was about to close, I was wrong and when it dropped further I bought another BTC 0.25 at $29.6K. Not often spare fiat and buying opportunities arise at the same time. Meanwhile Billy Coiner will be suffering extreme angst at the rest of the forum's good fortune. With Phillipma the miner generating windfall profits from the hashrate fall, our resident cowboy getting on with his dream ranch, (I do hope he drops the litigation against his neighbor, draw a fucking line down the middle of the disputed land it amounts to 0.4 acres each, shake hands and get on with life.) Jimbo developing his lake I hope the mosquitos ain't too bad. Countless others realizing some of their life's ambitions. Lambos, hookers and blow. Or even a John Deere, not much difference in price from a Lambo, 380 HP but not much female pulling power, 0-30 in 2 minutes.

One thing that comes across in your voluminous posts is the recurring theme of looking at Bitcoin over the long term. I like the concept of the 200 week moving average and have come to regard this as a better price indicator than the frothy tops.  And all the in-between action is just so much noise in a super 12 year bull run. I like too that you advocate to would-be buyers to DCA their purchases. One of my sons allocates 25% of his salary every month and just buys it at month end price. He tells me he hopes to be retiring at 40 in a few years time having reached your definition of Fuck Off status. For most giving up work seems to be a big goal. I guess it would be for me too, if I had to answer to a boss. Fortunately I've never had a boss, I run my own business, the successes and failures of my decisions are mine, the buck stops with me, all the rewards are mine and the IRS. I like my work, I get extreme satisfaction from farming, it is true that it is more a way of life than a job, as such I've probably never worked a day in my life. Family farms suffer high rates of bankruptcy and for me Bitcoin gives the security that I have a good buffer against any future bad years.
Keep on filling these pages Mr Jay  

Well put Bill, I chuckle alot to myself too. It is rather sad that we live in a world where a Delusional Troll with no capacity to create anything in his life get to choose what People get and dont get.

It is not about money. Money is feeble when it comes to Inventions and Beneficial studys for Human Kind.

Just like an Electric Solution for the whole Globe would be worth around 369 Trillion $ if we would be selling such a thing. Thats 90 Tril Yearly for as long as the Grid works.

When a Brilliant Person comes in the Circles of Ordinary it is easily identifiable Who the Brilliant person. The Ordinary instantly create a Barrier and fight with all 4 to stop the Extrodinary from Progressing.

I have spent my whole life studying, I have learned almost everything about Humanity and the important parts of History. Therefore tricking me or making me a Mule for someone is impossible

And no I am not going to search for investors for the Grid. Ever! if I am going to make such a thing ill make it with Help not with Investment. I have learned much about this thanks to Nikola Tesla which was the Greatest Scientists in our Counted Time line! Therefore I decided that nobody ever again is going to make Good Money from me. I give freebies to those Who Helped me in any way and they make good money from THAT Freebie. But thats Crumbs compared to what I can actualy produce. So ID rather Die than produce anything for the Reptilian like scum.

"Bruce Lee : A limited Mind cannot think Freely."

Delusions of Grandeur
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 11:01:27 AM

Explanation
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 11:15:13 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2021, 12:07:03 PM by eXPHorizon

Quote from: Farmer Bill

Delusions of Grandeur

You mean me don't you?

I do not know why But i feel so much pity for People Who only learned about money in their life and just revolve their life about money.

No intuition to inventions, Just : how am I going to rob the next person blindly. Thats all they learned..

Just like the person Who only learned that 1+1=2 and there is no other way 😂

Look at the post below quote by Farmer Bill, the JJG Post and look at JJG posting history. He is talking about the same thing over and over and over again with Words swithched up. Like a Politician would do..

And no I dont want a troll like JJG to know anything. He deserves to know nothing 🙂he deserves to be kept in the Dark.

No I do not want to give JJG any space 😁
Farmer Bill

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 11:51:00 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), nanobtc (1)

[edited out]

I had a dreadful thought one day, that many of the so called Trolls may have mental illness. I would not want any of them to cause themselves harm because of some remark I'd made. So I've decided to go soft and treat them sympathetically. While behind the scenes I may have a little chuckle to myself.
Can you imagine what it's like visiting this forum as a no coiner, reading lots of posts with people actively involved in the Bitcoin space but being too afraid to join them and just get in at today's price, always praying for the big drop down to whatever price, then if it gets there, they still don't buy in.

I have very little sympathy for that little twat eXPHorizon or any other troll/shill because they are disingenuine little twats that you cannot trust for shit in terms of it they might happen to have some kind of real world story.  They figure out a lot of creative ways to attempt to cause you to conclude that their usually inconsistent situation (to the extent they provide any details) might be real, and sure, I am not even saying that there might not be a real person on the other end of that keyboard creating a story, but we can hardly have any clues about whether they might be just some kind of normie who is stacking sats with a side job of getting paid to spread nonsense on the interwebs.

Call me unsympathetic during this largest wealth transfer in the history of man that there might be some casualties along the way... if there might be a chance that they actually believe and act upon any of the misinformation talking points that they are spouting out.

Sure, probably the vast majority of the regular guys in this thread are not going to believe shit that they say and our actions of accumulating coins is not going to be affected, but there are people who actually buy into their bullshit, even if they are ONLY affected on the margins.. but they are affected into waiting and failing/refusing to adequately prepare for UP.. so I don't want to give any semblance of space for these disingenuine troll shills to spread their nonsense.. and another thing that they do is they distract us from actually talking about more meaningful topics... sure we are all over the place in this thread with topics, but sometimes the pages do get filled with nonsense troll/shills, whether we are referring to eXPHorizon or some other twat.

So they can only shout in from the sidelines, joyous at the discomfort some holders experience when the price tanks. The Germans have a word for it 'schadenfreude'.
While Billy Coiner was making stupid comments at $30k, I bought BTC 0.25 at $31.5k thinking the $32k window was about to close, I was wrong and when it dropped further I bought another BTC 0.25 at $29.6K. Not often spare fiat and buying opportunities arise at the same time. Meanwhile Billy Coiner will be suffering extreme angst at the rest of the forum's good fortune.

First, I would prefer to refer to that twat as Billy no coiner... it seems a more descriptive name.

Second, sure we might see some entertainment value in some of the seemingly obvious bullshit that they are on and on about... and like I said, it seems quite likely that a decent majority of us will not be affected at all and we might even be encouraged to buy in terms of seeing how desperate some of the troll/shills appear with what they are saying or what they are expecting.

Third, I still don't agree to giving them much if any space, and sure I feel a wee bit guilty about some misleading posts that I make when I am joking (referring to this one), but I just cannot be feeling that there is a purpose to really give those twats space.  Of course, in my link above it turned out that elliottflz65 was not a twat, but he sure asked a stupid question on that day... and I cannot really feel overly bad about my answer, even though some hesitant newbies could have gotten mislead from me, too.  They could have gotten mislead into selling, or failing/refusing to adequately prepare for up.

With Phillipma the miner generating windfall profits from the hashrate fall, our resident cowboy getting on with his dream ranch, (I do hope he drops the litigation against his neighbor, draw a fucking line down the middle of the disputed land it amounts to 0.4 acres each, shake hands and get on with life.) Jimbo developing his lake I hope the mosquitos ain't too bad. Countless others realizing some of their life's ambitions. Lambos, hookers and blow. Or even a John Deere, not much difference in price from a Lambo, 380 HP but not much female pulling power, 0-30 in 2 minutes.

For sure, some good and decently detailed stories about how BTC has improved actual lives in a variety of ways and maybe even causing some beyond expectations levels of windfalls for guys (and perhaps gal) who had engaged in preparations along the way.

One thing that comes across in your voluminous posts is the recurring theme of looking at Bitcoin over the long term. I like the concept of the 200 week moving average and have come to regard this as a better price indicator than the frothy tops.  

It seems that in the past couple of months I have been playing around with considering the 208-week moving average as the bottom of bear markets and the 104-week moving average as the bottom for bull markets, and for sure there can be short-lived periods of exceptions, even to any kind of seemingly strong guideline - remember our March 2020 liquidity event, the BTC price went below the then 208-week moving average (which was around $5k at the time) for something that was close to two weeks, and then the BTC price would have been below the 104-Week moving average (which was then around $7k) for a bit of a longer time (maybe even bouncing below for a couple of months) - even though we were then in a bull run.. arguably in a bull run that was confirmed since about May 2019 - even though there can be some troubling periods when trying to figure out whether we are "in" a bull run or if we still are in a bull run (once we had confirmed at an earlier time).

And all the in-between action is just so much noise in a super 12 year bull run.

Of course, the four-year fractal is within there too in various places (at least three times), and can throw people for a loop.

I like too that you advocate to would-be buyers to DCA their purchases. One of my sons allocates 25% of his salary every month and just buys it at month end price. He tells me he hopes to be retiring at 40 in a few years time having reached your definition of Fuck Off status.

Wow.. a 25% allocation of monthly salary is decently aggressive, and many years, I had aimed for saving at least 10% of my salary, but of course that was prior to bitcoin, but gosh, even with that, I was investing in traditional investments about 25 years by the time that I got into bitcoin, and surely none of my traditional investments even came close to the performance potential of bitcoin - while at the same time, I still can second-guess regarding how I would have treated the availability of something like a bitcoin when I was in my earlier years of building my investments.. and even my go-to 10% would have probably done well, and it takes quite a bit more discipline to get up to something like 25%.. whoaza!!!!.

By the way, we also do need to be considering a variety of things if we want to go into fuck you status at such an early age as 40.. in terms of income and future income source, and if there are any pensions involved, or 401ks or even govt. benefits like social security and medicaid.  There would be some need to make sure that medical is adequately covered and even something like social security might have been projected to kick in at a certain rate at 62 or whatever, but if there are no contributions for the last 22 years or so, then the projected amount to be received might end up being half as much as what had been projected... .. and of course, some of those funds might not be eligible for withdrawal until reaching a certain age, too.. Anyhow, of course, if there is enough of a financial cushion, then there can be an ability to project enough income, even if some of those other sources were to dry up... which surely could happen.

For most giving up work seems to be a big goal.

That's for sure.. it seems to be part of what constitutes an actual "fuck you" status in terms of any kind of work that ends up being done would be nearly completely on your own terms.  Of course, some people might still enter into contracts with others, and surely if you were to be in a contract to do some short term work, then you would still be obligated to fulfill the contract..  For sure, if you were already in fuck you status, then you might decide NOT to enter into those kinds of contracts in the first place..  unless you might also be considering entering into a contract for something other than money, too.

I guess it would be for me too, if I had to answer to a boss. Fortunately I've never had a boss, I run my own business, the successes and failures of my decisions are mine, the buck stops with me, all the rewards are mine and the IRS. I like my work, I get extreme satisfaction from farming, it is true that it is more a way of life than a job, as such I've probably never worked a day in my life.

Of course, farmers enter all kinds of contractual relations, and surely there can be issues if you are hiring people or once you take on a project such as planting seed or raising animals for a season or more.. So, sure I do not know about all your trade offs and obligations, and sometimes you might not want to be stuck doing something or even overseeing projects, even if you like doing it, overall.   I suppose in the end, you can consider if there might be a status that you would consider fuck you status or not, and sometimes people do want to have some sense of fulfillment, even if they might have a lot of money/assets that gives them a lot of options.. and the more liquid the money/assets, then the more options that they likely have.

Family farms suffer high rates of bankruptcy and for me Bitcoin gives the security that I have a good buffer against any future bad years.
Keep on filling these pages Mr Jay  

Of course, bitcoin can give a lot of options.  I had various kinds of employment, but I also had a business with a partner for around 8 years, and in that business, I could proclaim to be the boss or even to share some bossiness aspects with the partner.  Then the partner quit so I was left with trying to figure out how to keep the business going and/or trying to sell the business and other matters related to the business (including working out the dispute with the partner.. man-made dispute?  or what?).. Anyhow, there was a certain time that allowed for the resolution of matters and even the ongoing appreciation of bitcoin, so I decided to just close the business and just say fuck off with the goal of selling it or anything like that, and seems that bitcoin allowed for that option to just say who cares about the potential value of the business or its assets, because at some point, the value of the bitcoin investment was greater than the business, more liquid and provided more options and fewer obligations than did the business, and the business was causing a variety of tying down... including geographically.. and really bitcoin's historical price appreciation and even anticipated future price appreciation could also bring in more value than the business, too.. so it seemed like a lot of waste of time to keep such a  business going.. even if there might have been some satisfaction in having a business, too perhaps?  perhaps?..

One thing that comes across in your voluminous posts is the recurring theme of looking at Bitcoin over the long term. I like the concept of the 200 week moving average and have come to regard this as a better price indicator than the frothy tops.  And all the in-between action is just so much noise in a super 12 year bull run. I like too that you advocate to would-be buyers to DCA their purchases. One of my sons allocates 25% of his salary every month and just buys it at month end price.

... this is actually a really smart buying strategy now that options are becoming a big part of the current btc price action ... DCA once a month on options expiry dates over months is the way to beat the noise and leverage time against the shorts dollars

Gosh.. I don't know marcus.  I have been a fan of weekly DCA rather than waiting a whole month.  I just have too many difficulties in figuring out how to wait so long.. but sure, some people might well have that kind of disciple.. and the more power to them.

One of the main reasons that I might consider monthly rather than weekly were if there were fees that became a bit more acceptable if lumping the money together.. so if someone ONLY has $10 per week, then maybe it would be more cost effective to treat that as $40 per month.  

I am presuming that 25% of Farmer Bill's son's salary is much greater than $40 per month... would likely be in the greater than $1,000 per month (especially if he is considering that his son might be reaching fuck you status in a few years)... but what do I know?  

For DCA investing, we are missing one of the BIGGEST pieces of information, which is time-in-the-market, and of course, we know that DCA is not really so much about timing the market and historically speaking, any guy/gal in bitcoin for a decently long period of time would have chances for decent returns, even for lower levels of investing..   For example, a guy who started to get pretty aggressive in his bitcoin investing $1,000 per month for the past four years would still only have accumulated less than 6 BTC, so I am not sure if we can use Farmer Bill's registration date or we just might need some more info.. seems that Farmer Bill had been investing in bitcoin for quite a bit longer than his registration date.. as far as I recall..  

Even DCA investing into BTC at $1k per month for 5 years versus 4 years could make a pretty BIG difference in terms of the amount of BTC accumulated being at 18 BTC versus only 6 BTC at 4 years.  So there is a pretty good-sized difference with "ONLY" one additional year; that's for sure.

Anyhow, I am presuming that there must be something else going on in terms of maybe having longer time in the market and maybe even some earlier lump sum investment that might have happened, perhaps? perhaps.

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post and for a snippet into some aspects of your personal life.

Good observation, that although I do not have a boss, I do have obligations to certain entities via contracts, in which I often have little sway over the terms.

I like your example that one of the things Bitcoin has enabled you to do, was to walk away from a business you were not happy to be running and to move on with your life. It's often hard for folk to just say fuck it and walk, because of the sunk cost that's been invested over the years.

As for my son's continuing investment it is much greater than the figures you envisage. Far from being reckless he regards this amount as sound investment towards his future.
He bought his first coins in 2011 whilst a student over in England from Intersango GBP1000 around $1500 worth at the time, 200+ coins.
The money was deposited in cash over the counter to Intersango's account, what trust! It was early days and UK banking system was not ready for this or to grant Intersango proper banking facilities. They were all sold at $30 (6X purchase price) to help fund his studies.
In and out of Bit and Shit coin over the years he's now in a good job in finance in the City of London and has been increasing his stash of Bitcoin again over last several years. Like nanobtc he did not like the farming life, but the long hours and hard work in all weather put him in a good position to take life in its stride. When colleagues bitch about their long hours or hard work he tells them to go work on a farm for a month.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 12:01:35 PM

Explanation
Farmer Bill

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 12:13:54 PM
Merited by nanobtc (1)

I'm fourth gen farmer. I built a spray rig on a 1974 Dodge 4x4 3/4 ton truck. It had a 500 gallon tank, I could spray 40 acres in about one hour. I am out of the game now, but the spray rig was kinda fun, actually. It was highly computerized, and I was very precise in my application.

Ever miss the farmer life? I appreciate the simplicity it projects outwards, the entire lifestyle, although I'm well aware that it's not all that simple in reality.

I do, but it's somewhat through rose-colored glasses, now that I am away from it. I miss living in the country (but I'm going back to live on ancestral ground), I like being 10 miles away from the nearest Pepsi machine. I like that there are about 4 people per square mile, and I grew up with all of them, and their parents grew up with my parents.

I do *not* miss insane working hours (my record was 104 hours in one week, once), I don't miss the weather, governments and markets deciding on whether I can make a living this year. I drove over 1200 acres three or four times a year. I don't miss old equipment breaking down (and I was the guy welding them back together when possible). I do *not* miss wrestling with cattle in the mud and their shit.

I like your descriptions of farming life, I can put up with the piss and shit, long hours in the tractor, having to have skills to fix everything, the weather. Its a constant challenge that keeps me going. The thing that most gets to me though is government interference in my life. The markets well that is just life, a good harvest does not always mean good returns in a year of glut.
I am well impressed that you converted a Dodge 4X4 to a capable spray rig. Happy days.
Wish you well for your return home.
eXPHorizon

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 12:23:01 PM

I really noticed that my brilliance is not appreciated and therefore I Will give you what you guys want and deserve.

My absence.

heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 12:27:16 PM

I really noticed that my brilliance is not appreciated and therefore I Will give you what you guys want and deserve.

My absence.

Bye Felicia
Farmer Bill

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 12:30:05 PM
Merited by JimboToronto (1), JayJuanGee (1), Copetech (1)

Quote from: Farmer Bill

Delusions of Grandeur

You mean me don't you?

I do not know why But i feel so much pity for People Who only learned about money in their life and just revolve their life about money.

No intuition to inventions, Just : how am I going to rob the next person blindly. Thats all they learned..

Just like the person Who only learned that 1+1=2 and there is no other way 😂

Look at the post below quote by Farmer Bill, the JJG Post and look at JJG posting history. He is talking about the same thing over and over and over again with Words swithched up. Like a Politician would do..

And no I dont want a troll like JJG to know anything. He deserves to know nothing 🙂he deserves to be kept in the Dark.

No I do not want to give JJG any space 😁

Yep Delusions of Grandeur a possible sign of Bi-polar syndrome.

If you balanced your life out a bit more and spent some time earning some money as well as believing you know everything and possess superior intellect.

1 you would not be begging 3BTC over and over and over and over and over and over

2 you would have been able to afford the healthcare for rest of the operation procedure you needed

3 you wouldn't have time to hang around here all day and night

Time to go out and check on my cattle.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7992

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 12:42:02 PM

^^^ (when I login, I don't see this..whatever this is)

It is funny how you always make these conjectures without actually knowing anything about me.
Contrary to you, who at various times said that you own 0.63 btc and and other times said that you are "rich as f-k", I maintain my bitcoin account details private.
ad astra per aspera

I think you took him out of context.  When he said "rich as f-k", he was talking his vocabulary; his literal book.
eXPHorizon

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 12:49:47 PM

Ah Bill, I am not BiPolar. I am Just levels above with my intellectual property. I Just follow the guidance of Nikola Tesla and I rather die poor on crackers and milk than to be a part of a Reptilian Society.

Thanks to Nikola Tesla I see more than it meets the eye.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 01:01:26 PM

Explanation
eXPHorizon

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 01:42:06 PM

If only you guys knew what Nikola Tesla did in Tunguska and what he Destroyed that Day.

Lightning rained down for weeks on that place
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 02:01:26 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 02:09:18 PM

... I will say this only once  Wink

Anybody who has followed my meanderings over the years might know my broad-brush fair-value target for BTC-USD since my first discovering it was around $300K ... that was a v. simplistic calculation that bitcoin's addressable market, if it maintained it's exponential network growth and developed to it's potential in the foreseeable future at that time, which I estimated as being at least 10% of the gold market (in early 2011) valued at ~$6 trillion divided by ~18 million btc in future circulation. Caveat being at that time that future US$ inflation and widespread development/adoption could expand the addressable market for btc well beyond capturing 10% of gold's capital value and increase the US$ price target.

Well now 10 years later, I think with all the evidence now surrounding us in 2021 it is time to update my minimum fair-value assessment for bitcoin. The caveat will be exercised and I can say that bitcoin is making great progress towards developing to it's potential, on the network nodes and resiliency, mining roll-out, core client software and higher layer solutions (lightning, Liquid, 3rd party payment channels, client-server payment set-ups, minimum trust custody, etc). Next month bitcoin is going to see it's first national roll-out in El Salvador as a legal tender component for the monetary system of that country. Bitcoin ATM's number in the thousands across the globe. Many people on the street know what you are talking about when the word is mentioned. The largest exchange/provider Coinbase has 60 million clients, has a market cap of $100 billion on IPO and there are many other exchanges/providers besides. Many countries allow bitcoin ETF proxy trading. Major financial institutions are competing to gear-up for providing bitcoin access for their HNWI. There are futures markets offering options and futures derivatives for bitcoin trading on the CME, NYSE-BAKKT and ICE. Listed companies MSTR TSLA are the first to begin accounting for bitcoin in their treasury reserves. All these elements build a picture that bitcoin adoption has now grown to the point that it has created an addressable market substantially in excess of a minor portion of the gold market. As bitcoin continues to grow, develop and build out infrastructure, and demonstrate perseverance as a hard money competing in the market of monetary goods, the size of that addressable market keeps growing.

At a minimum, the US$ inflation rate alone has put the gold market cap almost 50% higher than 2011, now ~$9 trillion. Other measures of global wealth to use as a proportionate estimate for addressable market for bitcoin include, but not limited to, global fiat M0 ~ $80 trillion (and rising), stocks ~$120 trillion, bonds ~$160 trillion, real estate ~$400 trillion. My back of the envelope calculation now puts bitcoin addressable market fair-value target market capitalisation at around $20 trillion (~$1million/btc), in 2021 US$, on the current growth trajectory.

After 10 years, I still wouldn't want to be in any other asset until we get near that fair-market value objective, and I'll again caveat that with assessing bitcoin's current status when we get near that target.

You are a bit bearish to have only come up 3.3333x in your calculations based on evidence of happenings (presuming some of the more than expected happenings) or any logical explanations of bitcoin's dynamics and role in society in the past 10 years.

Sure, gold is also a fair metric, but seems to me that there should be some appreciation that bitcoin is likely around 1,000x the utility of gold, but sure maybe bitcoin is not going to be priced 1,000x gold, but merely having a bitcoin value that is 2x or 3x gold seems quite whimpy. #nohomo

Swapped all my AXS profit to BTC. Bought at $3, sold at $70.
Let's go boys.

I don't see how that is a topic for this thread.

In essence you are saying... let's get involved in shitcoins in order to make more BTC, and I am going to tell you how I did it// blah blah blah....

You did not even say anything negative about that shitcoin.. so how could your post be relevant, herein?
No need to take it in a negative way, just stated that I bought more BTC.
Not sure how that harms anyone in this discussion. Cheers.

You did not merely say that you bought more bitcoin.

If you had wanted to say that you bought more bitcoin, then why did you not just say it like that?

Fuck shitcoins and striving to pump them or pump the idea of being involved in them in this thread.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/culture/1-million-bitcoin-price-billionaire

However for Balaji it appears that there is another, perhaps more fascinating flippening that will come soon - the flippening of billionaires. He says that when bitcoin hits milestones like $100,000, there will be as many bitcoin billionaires as there are traditional billionaires. When bitcoin hits one million dollars, the world’s bitcoin and crypto billionaires will surpass the number of traditional billionaires.

Actually, I would not mind seeing more analysis and discussion on these kinds of topics, which is in essence making some efforts to show on the ground metrics and dynamics in respect to how the greatest wealth transfer in history is playing out.

It's an interesting dynamic for sure, and interesting to be a part of it, even if ONLY owning a wee bit (3x) more than newbie beginning aspirational goals of 0.21 BTC
NIZZAONE

Activity: 643
Merit: 234

"a mad man is laughing at the rain"

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 02:35:09 PM
Merited by JimboToronto (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Ah Bill, I am not BiPolar. I am Just levels above with my intellectual property...

SCNR  Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 03:01:35 PM

Explanation
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2021, 03:07:31 PM
Merited by psycodad (1)

The Tunguska Event of 1908 was not caused by Tesla. I've likely known about that longer than you have been alive. There was no way to generate that amount of electrical power at that time, much less focus it. It is considered an impact event.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 03:14:35 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2021, 09:50:29 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by fillippone (5)

https://medium.com/blockstream-markets-weekly/blockstream-markets-weekly-aug-27-2021

- Blockstream raises $210M and acquires hardware maker Spondoolies (as the first step in the establishment of Blockstream’s new ASIC division)
- BTC held by funds/corporates ticks higher as MST buys another $177M worth of BTC
- Morgan Stanley funds expand GBTC positions
- futures-backed ETF may be just weeks away
- and Cuba looks to follow El Salvador’s lead on Bitcoin

Speaking of Blockstream: I fully agree with that tweet.
Not that I hate them, but they are not a good company as an investment.

On the other hand, you don't make a magic internet coin worth 1 Trln Dollar just hodling the coins.

Well there is a difference in terms of investing in something in order to make money on a personal level or investing in something that actually makes a difference or a lot of differences in a broader context beyond individual profits, so there are a decent number of examples of entities, institutions, individuals or companies that are net givers rather than net receivers, and their contributions to society very much outweigh any amounts of profits that they made in connection to their work.

There also might be some folks who are going into investing into blockstream because they want to make a profit rather than a contribution, and perhaps that would not be the correct reason.  There are also likely some folks who want to invest into something, and they kind of want their money to be burnt and to overall benefit the ecosystem and think about how much profit the bitcoin space gets from unselfish research and development, .that might or might end up being profitable when they actually meet the various missions of maintaining open networks and maybe even crowding out some profit seekers from getting involved in the space...

Isn't Jack Mallers proclaiming to approach the lighting network space with some of his strike related developments in a similar way in terms of purposefully keeping fees as zero or close to zero and then forcing the profit seekers (aka rent seekers) into attempt to compete with those low to zero fee services that Mallers is developing and putting out into the world?

There is a kind of strangeness in the way that bitcoin is developed because generally speaking open networks are not profitable, and they are very inefficient, but since bitcoin has some monetary incentives built into it, there are ways to individually invest into bitcoin or to invest in the network in various ways that could be individually profitable, whether playing the role of investor or miner, but there are period that miners might not be considerably profitable, either.. but providing a kind of service (or an ideological service), and so even though open source networks would usually not be financially profitable, even though they provide some services that are beneficial to society as a whole in terms of allowing for information to be out there and developable without any fees, bitcoin does have some profit channels therein - even though also companies that build upon bitcoin, whether referring to Blockstream or some other company may well find some profitable niche (or they may not), and there may be some of those companies that are building upon bitcoin that are not seeking either immediate profit or to ever be profitable - at least not in any kind of competitive way.. even though their various contributions cannot really be denied, even if some people might be either poo pooing such contributions or even framing the contributions in terms of how profitable or unprofitable they are relative to other ways of making money in the bitcoin space.

Actually, on a personal level, there could be some ways of considering how do I want to spend my bitcoins or my excessive bitcoins, and blockstream could be one of those places to put such money.. or to figure out ways to fund "independent" developers or other places in which there might not be a personal return on the money, but the money may well be spent in a way that is good and contributory to the space as a whole.. and maybe even later on, if a developer gets funded for 5 years, and then s/he is able to make it on his/her own and then at some point not only the giving back might happen, but also that person who might not have wanted to stay in the bitcoin space due to having to have to live based on money, then is able to survive during the early years and hopefully make a living (without having to become a shitcoiner along the way).

I completely agree with this statement as we can clearly make judgement from the past price graphs and holders gives it justification.

Those who have held it from 2017 also like not going too behind when they fell from $20k to $3k and instead of panic sell they hold or invested in bitcoin are now proof that profits are delivered to them who hold or invested at dips.But there are still who says it will not be able to stay above this or that level or others who prefer to have shitcoin full portfolio will regret themselves later and fund will be lost.Only bitcoin is the best option.

On the other side who prefer to invest in capital guaranteed or safe bonds in traditional market and call btc bubble or risky investment are ignoring the rising inflation and devaluation of their investment but still happy with it.

Those who are holding bitcoin at this time are the ones taking part in financial revolution and know fiat and inflation will make your net worth very less but btc will do the opposite and gain profits.

These dips are turning more and more DCA for me and i am happy to be btc holder.

Nothing is guaranteed aysg76 including the 4 year cycles and including that BTC will always be profitable 4 years later, but otherwise I agree with what you are saying.

There is also the idea of no correct investment for everyone, so sure some people may end up with some shitcoins in their portfolios based on their circumstances and conclusions about what they believe fits their needs, and for sure I am not advocating shitcoins at all, but I do consider them to be so damned much correlated to bitcoin that it is way the hell better to learn about bitcoin and to get an adequate stake in bitcoin
way before even exploring the mostly nonsense of shitcoins, and frequently those individuals who get involved in bitcoin in fairly deep ways will lose interest for shitcoins, not merely based on monetary performance but based on understanding aspects of what differentiates bitcoins from shitcoins.

A further component would be where someone is at in their investment career.  So if someone is brand new to investing, they might ONLY have low amounts of value that they can invest into anything, even if it is only a few hundred dollars a month.. and in that regard, they may well be better served by going ONLY into bitcoin with their extra hundreds per month that they have available... but as their investment into bitcoin gets larger and larger, there may well be some value in diversifying, even beyond cash, but there might not be any need to go heavily into any kinds of traditional investment categories.. yet in that regard, each person should be weighing if there may well be advantages to investing into 401ks or property (especially if they have some geographical tie downs anyhow) and maybe some other ways to attempt to offset some of bitcoin's volatility, including accounting for the non-zero chances that bitcoin could end up going down the tubes... of course both financial and psychological protections should be built into any guy's/gal's building of his/her BTC portfolio and the various attempts to maintain whatever had been built, too.
Pages: « 1 ... 29213 29214 29215 29216 29217 29218 29219 29220 29221 29222 29223 29224 29225 29226 29227 29228 29229 29230 29231 29232 29233 29234 29235 29236 29237 29238 29239 29240 29241 29242 29243 29244 29245 29246 29247 29248 29249 29250 29251 29252 29253 29254 29255 29256 29257 29258 29259 29260 29261 29262 [29263] 29264 29265 29266 29267 29268 29269 29270 29271 29272 29273 29274 29275 29276 29277 29278 29279 29280 29281 29282 29283 29284 29285 29286 29287 29288 29289 29290 29291 29292 29293 29294 29295 29296 29297 29298 29299 29300 29301 29302 29303 29304 29305 29306 29307 29308 29309 29310 29311 29312 29313 ... 33322 »
  Print  

Jump to: