April 26, 2024, 06:05:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29420 29421 29422 29423 29424 29425 29426 29427 29428 29429 29430 29431 29432 29433 29434 29435 29436 29437 29438 29439 29440 29441 29442 29443 29444 29445 29446 29447 29448 29449 29450 29451 29452 29453 29454 29455 29456 29457 29458 29459 29460 29461 29462 29463 29464 29465 29466 29467 29468 29469 [29470] 29471 29472 29473 29474 29475 29476 29477 29478 29479 29480 29481 29482 29483 29484 29485 29486 29487 29488 29489 29490 29491 29492 29493 29494 29495 29496 29497 29498 29499 29500 29501 29502 29503 29504 29505 29506 29507 29508 29509 29510 29511 29512 29513 29514 29515 29516 29517 29518 29519 29520 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368038 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 03:01:36 AM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 03:48:17 AM

On the other hand, you guys who have been following the market for a long time, for months now the price on weekends has not moved much. is this normal or do you remember times in the past with big rises and/or falls on weekends? I remember before summer that in weekends the price used to go down (a little).

It has been noticed before. I was digging around in posts from 2013/2014 and someone was asking about it then.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 04:01:27 AM

Explanation
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 04:07:45 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (1)

These types of patterns are more important than candlesticks pattern because they are signs of adoption.

"We all are Satoshi"
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 05:01:27 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 06:01:36 AM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 06:04:02 AM

Greta is a little girl that had a school project about climate change and she got some attention so she went with it.

Her life has been hijacked by exploiting adults in the same way that Macaulay Culkin, Michael Jackson, Miley Cirus had their childhoods stolen from them for some big publicity moves by their parents. Not to say they didn't want it but parents should protect their kids from such fame at such a young age.

Now she's talking about all the world needs now is friends. This is a plea from child Greta saying she wants a normal life with regular friends and all the things she was sheltered from. I do not doubt that she will end up like Miley Cirus when she wants to have sex and goes to the extreme ala Madonna to go to the extreme on that as well.

She's a mentally challenged little girl that should not be carted around to international meetings with people asking her opinion on things she does not have the extensive background in other than parrotting the talking points she's being given.

Her speech at the UN should have been the end of it, go to college and grow up and maybe take up the lucrative climate change career afterwards.

I have no hostility for her, just feel bad for her.

She could also be doing all this because she want a future and not global warming, just a thought. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one.

No.  Elwar is right.  His description is dead on i my opinion.

Everyone wants a future, and no one wants warming to damage the globe.  The thoughts about the importance of these things, and the amount to which man has influence are topics that the scientific community has disagreements on.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 06:19:58 AM

Yes, deep deep deep on the inside, he is lovely so long as he gets his pacifier and no one gives him a keyboard - or would it be an ipad?

Could it be, an ipad with a keyboard? #just.saying

Bitcoin is for everyone, the last time that I checked.

That would be great, but we’re not there yet.
Technically speaking it’s for everyone. In reality - at the current moment in history - it is far from it.
Why? (a) Because it’s being viciously attacked by the status quo, and (b) sheeple’s addiction to FIAT and the banking system, combined with TV.
More importantly, I personally blame the debt fuck-circle, and thoroughly despise it.

I have wondered during the last year, whether I should take a loan and stick to BTC.
As nice as it might sound, I have concluded - based only on principle - NO.
Debt is what is wrong with this world, BTC fixes that.

How it started:

How it’s going:

And how it will end:

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 06:53:04 AM

Yes, deep deep deep on the inside, he is lovely so long as he gets his pacifier and no one gives him a keyboard - or would it be an ipad?

Could it be, an ipad with a keyboard? #just.saying
be an ipad?

I suppose you would have some better ideas.  I was just considering that a keyboard might be more challenging for you than pointing at pictures on a screen and maybe something more touchscreen.  Your attention span, too.

Bitcoin is for everyone, the last time that I checked.

That would be great, but we’re not there yet.
Technically speaking it’s for everyone. In reality - at the current moment in history - it is far from it.
Why? (a) Because it’s being viciously attacked by the status quo, and (b) sheeple’s addiction to FIAT and the banking system, combined with TV.

Well, for the average joe blow, then sure there continues to be a certain amount of ongoing misleading of him, but if he can see through the misleading aspects, then he will be advantaged by bitcoin - does not really matter about his beliefs or whether he is connected, a conformist or a rebel.

I suppose that I just have some difficulties accepting too much painting of bitcoiners having to fit any kind of ideological mode or even anyone that is necessarily against traditional or status quo institutions, even if there may well be some truth that being a kind of independent thinker and someone who does not just accept status quo dogma might well make those kinds of people more receptive to BTC which seemed to have been the WillyWoo post that had been cited by LFC..

More importantly, I personally blame the debt fuck-circle, and thoroughly despise it.

I have wondered during the last year, whether I should take a loan and stick to BTC.
As nice as it might sound, I have concluded - based only on principle - NO.
Debt is what is wrong with this world, BTC fixes that.

I think that it is problematic to handicap yourself if there might be ways that you are able to use systems and options to your advantage.  So for example sometimes there can be quite a few pay offs to use debt to your advantage, so long as you are not so short-sighted as to invest into consumer goods (and depreciating assets).  So accordingly using debt or leveraging fiat to invest in something like bitcoin could work considerably to your advantage.. but of course, you do have to strive to play it right, and of course, there is some risk involved whenever you overly employ debt in ways that might get outside of your control... yet I still believe that there are a decent number of ways to employ debt to your advantage - so long as you have access to such debt instruments (and credit).. and sure not everyone even has the advantages of having those kinds of options..
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 07:01:26 AM

Explanation
Cryptotourist

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 07:06:47 AM

I was just considering that a keyboard might be more challenging for you than pointing at pictures on a screen and maybe something more touchscreen.  Your attention span, too.

It is my first tablet FFS. I have ignored them completely, up to now, and have decided to fill in the - what is this? - gap.
It’s OK, but I prefer my laptop.

Well, for the average joe blow, then sure there continues to be a certain amount of ongoing misleading of him, but if he can see through the misleading aspects, then he will be advantaged by bitcoin - does not really matter about his beliefs or whether he is connected, a conformist or a rebel.

Yes. In the end it won’t matter.

I suppose that I just have some difficulties accepting too much painting of bitcoiners having to fit any kind of ideological mode or even anyone that is necessarily against traditional or status quo institutions, even if there may well be some truth that being a kind of independent thinker and someone who does not just accept status quo dogma might well make those kinds of people more receptive to BTC which seemed to have been the WillyWoo post that had been cited by LFC..

Good for you. I mean it.

I think that it is problematic to handicap yourself if there might be ways that you are able to use systems and options to your advantage. 

True dat. As I said, based only on principle.

~ and sure not everyone even has the advantages of having those kinds of options..

Huh? Planet Earth calling JJG, hellooo?
They are shoving debt down everyone’s throat, whether they’re liable or not. Hmmm.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 07:08:37 AM

cAPSLOCK - Drone strike all of the things for <reasons> !

Should drone strike all McDonalds locations nationwide, if you ask me...

Wink
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 07:21:06 AM

Can’t believe so many of you buy the CO2 theory nonsense..

Bitcoin is not for everyone..
It’s only for people who are smart enough to start using it, and then for the subset of those who are smart enough to not lose them in the myriad of different ways possible to lose your coins from just losing your keys to being scammed or leaving them in another’s custody to be scammed..
Not to mention those smart enough to figure out how to make some coin, or smart enough to have extra funds for investment to put into coin, and then smart enough to delay gratitude not to sell out..
If they were smart enough to take their time to understand it well enough to believe in it.. Smart enough to understand enough about it in the first place..

Crypto is not even close to “for everyone”..

Equal opportunity? Yes..
Equal outcome? Ha ha ha.. No..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 07:31:09 AM

Yes. In the end it won’t matter.

What I am trying to suggest is that with information asymmetry, those of us who have been able to figure out the value proposition is going to be advantaged, so too bad, so sad if there are going to be a lot of deserving normies who are mislead into believing that they should not take any action to accumulate their BTC stash.  Those of us who have figured it out are going to be able to profit whether we are normies or not, and the traditional status quo do not have any real advantages in this - except to the extent that they might be able to sort through the misinformation more rapidly than some normies who might not realize that they are being mislead into NOT investing into bitcoin.

Good for you. I mean it.

Not just good for me, but good for anyone who is able to figure out the puzzle and to realize that bitcoin is and remains a good investment and also appreciates that we are quite likely still quite early within the adoption curve... You claim to be one of those guys too, so to the extent that you have been adequately (and perhaps aggressively) stacking sats over the past few years rather than just spouting out nonsense in these here parts, it is not going to matter whether any of us like you or not, you will still advantage quite stupendously by your having had been stacking sats and engaging in other behaviors to either sufficiently maintain and preserve your stash or to increase it.

I think that it is problematic to handicap yourself if there might be ways that you are able to use systems and options to your advantage. 

True dat. As I said, based only on principle.

Fair enough.. if you are already sufficiently richie, then there might be no need to screw around with some of that.  About 20 years ago, I started to play around with credit quite a bit in order to cycle it and use it for my cashflow and investments, and I still will employ some of those methods from time to time... including sometimes purposefully getting a loan, rather than paying in cash..  even though I am sometimes of the opinion that I do not need to screw around with credit, but I kind of consider it a sufficient camloflauge in terms of having a foot in both worlds and perhaps having fewer issues about potentially being some kind of weirdo and wonder how you got so much cash.. and you can kind of end up showing that you used credit to purchase, x y and z.. and then you pay it off at your own pace.. potentially early, too (perhaps no penalties, either to the extent that might matter).   

~ and sure not everyone even has the advantages of having those kinds of options..

Huh? Planet Earth calling JJG, hellooo?
They are shoving debt down everyone’s throat, whether they’re liable or not. Hmmm.

Maybe everyone in your social circles has access to credit (debt), and sure there are expanding abilities to use debt, yet some people still do not have access to credit.. whether we are talking in the west or not.. you seem to be the one in a bubble if you believe that everyone has access to credit or banking accounts, etc... For example, remember part of the rationale that El Salvador had such a hard on for bitcoin was that around 70% of its population were unbanked.. so I doubt that those 70% or unbanked folks in El Salvador had access to credit... and we do not ONLY need to go to places like El Salvador to find examples of unbanked and persons without credit... likely and frequently through no fault of their own.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 07:45:42 AM

This is all wrong.
What kind of a sound system are they setting up?
I cringe hearing the resulting midrangey mess with my mind's ear.
These people definitely can't party.

Military? I was assuming it was some kind of proximity deterrent system.

DIY  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7UZHEHhdek
Cryptotourist

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 07:47:43 AM

Gosh JJ, what are your stenography stats? Honest question.

Three ten twenty one,
Jay Juan Gee types a record,
the plebs are in awe.

#haiku
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 07:56:45 AM

Greta is a little girl that had a school project about climate change and she got some attention so she went with it.

Her life has been hijacked by exploiting adults in the same way that Macaulay Culkin, Michael Jackson, Miley Cirus had their childhoods stolen from them for some big publicity moves by their parents. Not to say they didn't want it but parents should protect their kids from such fame at such a young age.

Now she's talking about all the world needs now is friends. This is a plea from child Greta saying she wants a normal life with regular friends and all the things she was sheltered from. I do not doubt that she will end up like Miley Cirus when she wants to have sex and goes to the extreme ala Madonna to go to the extreme on that as well.

She's a mentally challenged little girl that should not be carted around to international meetings with people asking her opinion on things she does not have the extensive background in other than parrotting the talking points she's being given.

Her speech at the UN should have been the end of it, go to college and grow up and maybe take up the lucrative climate change career afterwards.

I have no hostility for her, just feel bad for her.

She could also be doing all this because she want a future and not global warming, just a thought. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one.

She is being promoted by a PR firm making millions on her fame, that they made. She herself is just a pawn in their money making scheme.
It's not a well hidden secret either, there are lots of articles on the internet about the back story, I also wrote a post about it some years back.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 08:01:27 AM

Explanation
Cryptotourist

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 08:04:03 AM

Have you guys noticed the hashrate today?

~ 171 Ehash/s

Pump Sunday?
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 08:12:17 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Another Sunday
Feeling some melancholy
Don't really know why
Pages: « 1 ... 29420 29421 29422 29423 29424 29425 29426 29427 29428 29429 29430 29431 29432 29433 29434 29435 29436 29437 29438 29439 29440 29441 29442 29443 29444 29445 29446 29447 29448 29449 29450 29451 29452 29453 29454 29455 29456 29457 29458 29459 29460 29461 29462 29463 29464 29465 29466 29467 29468 29469 [29470] 29471 29472 29473 29474 29475 29476 29477 29478 29479 29480 29481 29482 29483 29484 29485 29486 29487 29488 29489 29490 29491 29492 29493 29494 29495 29496 29497 29498 29499 29500 29501 29502 29503 29504 29505 29506 29507 29508 29509 29510 29511 29512 29513 29514 29515 29516 29517 29518 29519 29520 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: