May 02, 2024, 08:22:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30149 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 30196 30197 30198 [30199] 30200 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371058 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1675

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2022, 05:59:29 AM

I am losing my grip on reality

https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/status/1496723154206699521

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7978

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 06:01:07 AM
Merited by Toxic2040 (4), vapourminer (1), DaRude (1)

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 06:01:25 AM

Explanation
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2116

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 06:02:31 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), shahzadafzal (1)

Sadly we are more concerned about the bitcoin prices and not worried about the innocent people dying because of this situation.

How cruel are we !!!

7.9 billion people in this world and a significant proportion are dying or at risk from it at all times, the vast, vast majority of it unreported.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 06:14:35 AM
Merited by Arriemoller (1), somac. (1)

... don't usually post opinion pieces from known gubmint propaganda rags but I agree with a lot of the sentiment this guy expresses, the West is doomed and it's not a new problem, the love of government and embrace of collectivism has been gathering steam since the 90's, it's inevitable what happens next ... the thorough rejection of reason and the Enlightment ideals by the intelligentsia is probably the major contributor, perhaps that is driven by the pernicious undermining of morality, ethics, honour and most importantly truth by the corrupt fiat monetary system.

The world is sliding into a new Dark Age of poverty, irrationality and war

Imperialism, war, irrationality, disease and economic dislocation: modernity is ending as it began. Vladimir Putin’s monstrous expansionism is the latest, terrifying reminder that human progress is far from inevitable, and that our wealth and technological advances rest on a set of extraordinarily fragile foundations.

It is hard to be bullish about the next few years. As the 2020s progress, it will become obvious that our civilisation relied on a series of increasingly invalid assumptions: that genuine, destructive wars are unthinkable between major economies; that real incomes are on a permanent upwards trajectory, powered by globalisation; that technology necessarily empowers individuals; that deadly pandemics are a thing of the past, and biowarfare unimaginable; that our ever-more woke Western elites still believe in liberty, popular democracy and the rule of law.

It is now clear that 1990 was the high watermark for the principle of national self-determination and liberal nationalism. Communism collapsed, allowing the independence of the former Soviet republics, Germany’s reunification and ushering in a short-lived Pax Americana. The same year, Iraq invaded Kuwait, and a US-led international coalition was assembled under UN auspices, annihilating Saddam Hussein’s army from the air in an astonishing display of technological prowess.

Some 32 years later, Putin’s despicable Ukraine land-grab marks the final end of that period. It will make it easier for China to annex Taiwan. It will embolden Iran’s own deranged ambitions, and its pursuit of nuclear weaponry, triggering another major war in the Middle East. For now at least, America continues to protect Nato’s occasionally ungrateful members, but Russia’s action ends the pretence that a more general system exists to safeguard the independence of sovereign states. The UN, like the League of Nations before it, is irrelevant.

Russia’s Ukrainian adventure is thus of far greater significance than the annexation of Crimea, or the Kremlin’s interventions in Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Putin’s strategy this time around is much more extreme and ambitious, with echoes of Sudetenland.

The Russian dictator’s rambling speech this week was profoundly anti-modern: he regrets the demise of the Soviet Union, and wants to rebuild an empire based on what he claims was “historically Russia”. The speech could have been delivered by any pre-1914 or pre-1939 despot. There was the fake history, the appeal to blood and soil, the blatant propaganda: it was as old-fashioned and anti-rational as it was chillingly clear. Putin is turning the clock back to the pre-nation state era.

We are back in a world of competing, imperialistic great powers, where borders are redrawn in their areas of influence, ignoring international law. The sorts of sanctions the West is imposing on Russia will hurt, but not sufficiently: Putin has spent years building up foreign exchange reserves and detaching his country from the global financial system. In any case the West, led by Germany but also the rest of the EU, the UK and the US, are continuing to buy some $700 million a day worth of Russian energy and commodities, according to Bloomberg.

For now, America still has the ability to inflict pain by cutting countries or institutions out of dollar trades, but in time its power will diminish. The world’s financial system will divide into at least two, with one or more anti-dollar zones based around the renminbi or some other reserve mechanism. Putin and Xi Jinping’s expansionary ambitions will make this a necessity, and they will be supported by other regimes. Imran Khan, the Pakistani prime minister, is on a tour of Russia even as tanks roll into Ukraine.

The return of a Hobbesian approach to international relations will tragically be accompanied by a collapse in support for free trade and globalisation. How, some will ask, can we simultaneously penalise and trade with Russia? How can we tolerate Chinese technology that spies on us? How can virtue-obsessed companies continue to preach hypocritically at home while engaging with countries that persecute minorities? What will happen to our deep economic ties with China if it invades Taiwan – and how would we cope with the massive recession and 1930s-style financial collapse a trade war would cause?

The expansion in trade and capitalism since the 1990s was one of the great boons of all time for humankind: it pulled billions out of extreme poverty, hugely improved quality of life and slashed infant mortality. Deglobalisation, triggered by authoritarian militarism, if and when it comes, will be a humanitarian calamity.

But while the West has largely condemned Russia’s move on Ukraine, it too is racked with its own internal ideological rejection of the modern, liberal-conservative order. Communism never really stood a chance in Europe and America, and a capitalist and democratic West thus triumphed in the Cold War; but the woke ideology, best understood as an anti-capitalist, anti-Western secular religion, has already captured much of the intelligentsia in America, Canada, New Zealand and increasingly Britain.

In its extreme form, it represents a rejection of the Enlightenment, of freedom and reason; Western history is reviled as uniquely bad, rather than as a remarkable experiment in self-improvement. Individualism is replaced by collectivism and neo-feudalism, and Martin Luther King’s ideal of a colour-blind society by balkanised identity politics. Free speech is dismissed as “oppressive”. Dissenters are cancelled, with cultural institutions, capital and corporations happy to help impose this new orthodoxy. The fear is that technology will be used to increase the power of this new ruling class, rather than to liberate the masses.

The parallel rise of a related extreme environmentalism – another millenarianist movement, more concerned with self-flagellation than protecting nature – has already encouraged a series of catastrophic errors, not least the abandonment of nuclear and greater dependency on Russian gas.

So what is the solution? How can we halt the return of authoritarian imperialism? How can we stop a collapse in free trade? How can we defeat the woke demagogues? I’m sorry to disappoint you, dear reader, but there are no easy answers to prevent the world from sliding into a new dark age, and perhaps even in some cases none at all.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 06:14:42 AM

"the time to buy is when there's blood in the streets." Baron Rothschild.

Gold going up. Oil going up.

Bitcoin going down, this is the signal!!!

Signal of what?
Sadly we are more concerned about the bitcoin prices and not worried about the innocent people dying because of this situation.

How cruel are we !!!

Why are you telling us what we are supposedly more or less concerned about?

And this is a bitcoin thread... .helrow??... , that happens to be interested in markets (and other topics (related or not) too)..

Yeah.. if guys want to whine about their feelings in various ways, they are free to do it.. .. but comes off as pretty pathetic that you are instructing us how we should feel about various unfairnesses in the world?

We (to the extent any such thing exists) are not just some random bunch of twats that allow our emotions to drag us into knee-jerk off-topic nonsense about the various random injustices in the world.. which are way too many to count..

If you want to cry about the various injustices in your perception of the perfect world, including various unfair ways that modern day wars are waged, then you are free to do so without telling us that we are supposed to feel the same way as you, and I am sure that there are plenty of places on the interwebs where you can indulge ur lil selfie with such victim-oriented whinings.  So don't let the door hit your preaching of a purported moral high ground on the way out...  Roll Eyes
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 06:29:05 AM

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 06:29:17 AM

From Russia with love  Huh Shocked

Two retards suffering from dementia on the top of two superpowers.
What could possibly go wrong?

And i thought yesterday was a bad day...  Roll Eyes
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2022, 06:40:22 AM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

My comment on the situation: fuck Putin!  Angry
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3853

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 06:40:24 AM

why bitcoin is the weakest link among stocks, etc., though?
idk

it surely goes down fast at any sign of trouble....then recovers fast, of course.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2056
Merit: 1188

Never selling

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 06:59:41 AM

I think the question right now is - is Russia just creating a similar situation as Iraq was in prior to the 2003 war when the US and Allies enforced demilitarised zones (no fly zones)? Or is it setting up for a full scale occupation of Ukraine?

As far as I can tell, their actions so far have not been of an occupying nature (except in the separatist areas, which is expected), but instead they have taken out as much of Ukraine’s military as possible in an effort to prevent Ukraine being an effective fighting force. This Russian campaign therefore seems to be most closely related to that of the Allies actions in Yugoslavia during the Kosovo crisis at the end of the 90s, except with I think far longer enforcement.

I imagine that if the intention is not to occupy, the Russians will essentially set up Ukraine (or perhaps a smaller area) as a demilitarised zone (DMZ). However, this is early days so Russia may still go full scale occupation.

It is important to note that this is a crisis that has been warming up since the end of the cold war, Russia was absolutely screwed over by the west, particularly in regard to NATO, as well as the elites in both the west and Russia. I think both sides elites, governments and media are to blame for what has happened today and like usual few of the 99% will understand it and instead jump to conclusions (without any analysis or facts) in an effort to support their team with religious fervor.

If the west had taken a different strategy back when the Soviet Union fell apart, perhaps something similar to the Marshall plan after WW2, things would be completely different and Russia would instead be an ally. But, the MIC and various other elites didn’t want that, so here we are. Plus the constant vilification of Russia in the media since 2016 couldn’t have helped

It will always be like this of course, which is why Bitcoin is so important. If Bitcoin doesn’t protect your life, at the very least it prevents your wealth being confiscated by the elites that aim to enslave the 99% one way or another. I often wonder (alternative universe type thing) if Bitcoin was a thing prior to WW2, would the Jews and other persecuted groups have fared much better than they did, and if not, would the Nazis still have been able to confiscate the wealth to further the war effort.

Anything can happen, just make sure you have bitcoin when it does. BTFD and HODL
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1512

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:00:42 AM

The truth may hurt for a while, but a lie hurts forever. $100k by 2021 LMAO.
Not here to make friends. It's a forum to discuss the price and that's what I did. IDC what they think about me.
Even If I am wrong in future, I will accept it and get the F off from here.
Your pseudo-TA bearish Bitcoin FUD is going to make enemies for you here. We are all staked in Bitcoin and we don't like to see people spreading FUD about Bitcoin. That FUD might scare weak hands into selling their bags and then hating Bitcoin because they lost money.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:01:20 AM

Explanation
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:02:38 AM

idk

it surely goes down fast at any sign of trouble....then recovers fast, of course.

Appears that we need more pain before Bitcoin decouples from risky assets and becomes a safety hedge. Pretty sure Russian and Ukrainian currencies will go to shit now. Unfortunately this is the event that has the potential to do just that. No one wants to see the boat sink, just to see how the lifeboats float.  
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12032

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:04:01 AM

Russia is Blitzkrieg'ing ALL of Ukraine's major cities...Looks like WW3. Not even joking.

It's been fun, gentlemen.

Not looking good …. Didn’t thought it would come this far
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:04:35 AM
Merited by marcus_of_augustus (4), OutOfMemory (1)

Na, fuck all of them. This is a fuck up that extends all the way back to the end of the Soviet Union. Putin was just a result of that fuck up. Will we ever learn? It seems the answer is No.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:07:56 AM

idk

"Weakest link" is a strange way of framing bitcoin and its relative price performance/dynamics.

Do you come up with these framings on purpose to stir shit?

Your earlier post, you stated that bitcoin reacts first because it is traded 24/7... which potentially causes it also to be more liquid.. but more liquid = weakest?

Actually instead of selectively looking at bitcoin in some kind of nonsense framework, maybe you should attempt to put bitcoin in some kind of context, no?  you could overlap bitcoin, equities, gold from September 2020 to present.  What do you get?

You could overlap bitcoin, equities, gold from the beginning of 2020 to present.  What do you get?

Do you believe that I am being selective with the various timelines that I am pointing out for comparisons?

How about overlapping bitcoin, equities and gold from mid-2015 to present.. Is that a representative period to show bitcoin's relative price performance/dynamics as compared with equities and gold?  

A longer period should be more representative than a shorter period, no?, even though I get a bit nervous about going into making bitcoin comparisons prior to 2013... because I get some feelings that BTC's market might well not have been mature enough before 2013 to make fair comparisons.. so the earliest that I would like to go back to make comparisons would be early 2013.. but for some reason mid-2015 does seem kind of fair enough because there is another 2-3 years in there.. between early 2013 and mid-2015.. for some sorting out of early life BTC price discovery matters.. so even 2015 to present is not really a bad kind of period to look at BTC's price performance and compare it with assets such as equities and gold.  How does that period look?  I can show you if you are not clear about it.. or maybe I can just describe it to you?  BTC has uppity performance during that period, and equities and gold largely look flat at the bottom of the chart.. like little ant mounds..

On the other hand, if you select some kind of short-term recent period.. the last year?  The last few months?, then you can tell some kind of nonsense story about bitcoin supposedly being relatively weak (and even correlated).  Nonsense, no?  There is some fre- market power in bitcoin when it is traded 24/7.. and likely other markets, equities and gold are going to end up getting drug into 24/7 trading too.. and let's see how they are going to do when that happens.. even though it does not matter because bitcoin is going to eat their lunch either way, no?

Probably you should explain ur lil selfie a wee bit better, rather than having someone like me react to your seemingly inflammatory phraseology (them those are fighting words), no?
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:12:55 AM

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary

I did not know that about the Ukrainian soldiers in the Crimea. I imagine Ukraine is a very complicated country with lots of division

Edit: conventional forces on the ground and pushing into Ukraine. Not good.

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:30:58 AM

idk

Market opening times, maybe?
Or do we talk weekly?

Na, fuck all of them. This is a fuck up that extends all the way back to the end of the Soviet Union. Putin was just a result of that fuck up. Will we ever learn? It seems the answer is No.

Merited both of you, because both of you are right, somehow.
Fuck warmongers.
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:40:18 AM

Who knows what is acurate right now. But I'm not enjoying reading shit like this.

Pages: « 1 ... 30149 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 30196 30197 30198 [30199] 30200 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: