May 02, 2024, 08:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 [30898] 30899 30900 30901 30902 30903 30904 30905 30906 30907 30908 30909 30910 30911 30912 30913 30914 30915 30916 30917 30918 30919 30920 30921 30922 30923 30924 30925 30926 30927 30928 30929 30930 30931 30932 30933 30934 30935 30936 30937 30938 30939 30940 30941 30942 30943 30944 30945 30946 30947 30948 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2071

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 11:21:18 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1)

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-10968909/New-EU-vehicles-fitted-speed-limiting-tech-6-July-Britain-follow-suit.html

"The speed-limiting systems use GPS, sat-nav and cameras to identify the legal limit and will warn drivers to slow down - and if they don't the car can restrict engine power"

Fuck this
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3853

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 11:26:15 PM

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-10968909/New-EU-vehicles-fitted-speed-limiting-tech-6-July-Britain-follow-suit.html

"The speed-limiting systems use GPS, sat-nav and cameras to identify the legal limit and will warn drivers to slow down - and if they don't the car can restrict engine power"

Fuck this

old (used) cars would dramatically increase in price, perhaps.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 11:27:01 PM

Fuck this

More nanny-state government overreach.
a1 Hashrate LLC2022

Activity: 112
Merit: 83

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 11:46:33 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Fuck this

More nanny-state government overreach.

Have to agree.

I drive in USA mostly.

On one Highway I use the speed limit is 65 MPH.
 I set cruise control to 79 MPH when the road is empty. It is an easy speed to maintain.

I get a driving score on my car's app it is usually a C due to speeding.
I know the road. I know my car 79 is a fine speed if the road in not crowded.
My car can do about 85-90 on a dry straight road and feels under my control.

At 95 it feels not in touch with the road.
At 79 it is solidly in touch with the road.

I resent the App telling me I am a C driver.

If the road was crowded and I set the cruise at 64 and weaved in and out I would rate okay on the app. So what the fuck does the app know.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 11:49:52 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2022, 12:03:46 AM by cAPSLOCK

Went for the more Upscale Biltema food today.

There's still a 2.5 Mb limit  Cool

Looks delicious!

Thanks for fixing it, I don't know how to do these things, especially on a phone.

I really like this thing.  The setup and learning curve may be outside your comfort zone, but the basic idea is the tool can take an image on your phone and reduce the jpg quality to make it something smaller to text etc.  Just a thought.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/de.kaffeemitkoffein.imagepipe/

*edit* I am surprised you say it was bland!  It does look good!
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2116

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
July 01, 2022, 11:50:50 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

There's still a 2.5 Mb limit  Cool

Maybe use SegPic
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 12:03:32 AM

Explanation
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 12:12:28 AM

“The people will rise”, “the proles will rise”—this is one of the most damaging myths in history.

I think you are right about this, but to play devil's advocate the "it's different this time" angle is the one world communication system.

But back to the other side... the rulers have not only access to that, but seemingly control over it.

An emergent outburst of popular resentment results only in a headless mob.  It rarely even happens; and when it does, it is trivial to suppress.  Quelling a riot is part of Rulership 101.

The masses are both inert and stupid.  Moreover, overthrowing an established government requires resources.  A revolution always needs organization, charismatic leadership, propaganda, and lots and lots of money.

Take, for example, your American Revolution.  The majority of the people were either favourable to the government (branded “Loyalists” as if loyalty were evil), or apathetic—the eighteenth-century equivalent of couch potatoes.  Around (IIRC) 30% of the British colonists got upset.  They were whipped into a frenzy, organized, and propagandized by what, from the government’s viewpoint, were traitors and criminals—what would nowadays be called “domestic terrorists”.  History otherwise remembers them, because history books are written by the winners.

Some of the revolutionary leaders were wealthy—for instance, Hancock; a bunch of rich men pledged “our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honour” to the cause of revolution.  And as anyone with even the slightest knowledge of such matters could predict, much of the revolution was a matter of logistics, raising resources, and also—obtaining external support via diplomacy.  The British insurrectionists (who, we must remember, were British subjects only anachronistically distinguished from other Brits) could never have violently overthrown the duly constituted, very stable government, if they had not timely obtained the military intervention of the French.

Popular resentment is what a computer programmer would call a necessary but insufficient prerequisite for revolution.  Wise governments conciliate the masses.  For instance, observe Stolypin.  Stolypin was a master statesman, one of the most talented of that historical epoch.  After a failed revolution, Stolypin authoritatively instituted genuine reforms that contented most people.  The Communist ideologues who were attempting to harness popular resentment needed to get rid of Stolypin; therefore, they assassinated him.  Without the wise and savvy Stolypin, a weak Tsar was simply lost.  A successful revolution was soon thereafter carried off when, a few years later, military defeat in the Great War made the government even weaker than usual.

Mass-communication does not turn a headless, mostly inert mass into anything but.  Do you see intelligent action emerging from mindless mass-chatter on Twitter—or in WO? Roll Eyes

Rather, consistently with what you said at the end, modern mass-communications are a collar snapped onto the collective neck of the masses, with the leash being firmly held by the powers that be.  Let’s put it this way:  When popular resentment resulted in the election of an American President who very slightly crossed certain lines, Twitter blatantly manipulated the next election (ban of NY Post to suppress the Hunter Biden story).  Then, Twitter banned the sitting President from its mass-communications platform.  LOL.  Oh, do you suppose that the inert, unintelligent masses will somehow organize themselves with sophisticated, decentralized cypherpunk communications methods that >99.9% of people do not even know exist?

(Cue stupid arguments about Trump vs. Biden.  Roll Eyes  What I just said was not about Trump vs. Biden.  Twitter, et al. indisputably manipulated an election by suppressing information, to get rid of a president who indisputably rose on a wave of popular resentment against the status quo.  Those are the facts, whatever one’s opinion may be of whether the stupidly resentful masses picked an idiot in Trump, or whether Biden is absolutely the greatest, wisest, and most competent leader in the history of the universe.)

“It’s different this time”, yes:  Insofar as “first-world” types of places are concerned, revolution is as obsolete as the musket, the sword, and the carrier pigeon.  A fool’s errand—a one-way ticket to supermax prison, a CIA black site, or the morgue.  Since WO is doubtless watched, I should emphasize very clearly that I am only discussing some famous historical circumstances.  I don’t much care what is called “illegal”, but I would not urge anyone to do something so moronic as attempting to “rise” against the government.
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 12:32:10 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

“The people will rise”, “the proles will rise”—this is one of the most damaging myths in history.

I think you are right about this, but to play devil's advocate the "it's different this time" angle is the one world communication system.

But back to the other side... the rulers have not only access to that, but seemingly control over it.

An emergent outburst of popular resentment results only in a headless mob.  It rarely even happens; and when it does, it is trivial to suppress.  Quelling a riot is part of Rulership 101.

The masses are both inert and stupid.  Moreover, overthrowing an established government requires resources.  A revolution always needs organization, charismatic leadership, propaganda, and lots and lots of money.

Take, for example, your American Revolution.  The majority of the people were either favourable to the government (branded “Loyalists” as if loyalty were evil), or apathetic—the eighteenth-century equivalent of couch potatoes.  Around (IIRC) 30% of the British colonists got upset.  They were whipped into a frenzy, organized, and propagandized by what, from the government’s viewpoint, were traitors and criminals—what would nowadays be called “domestic terrorists”.  History otherwise remembers them, because history books are written by the winners.

Some of the revolutionary leaders were wealthy—for instance, Hancock; a bunch of rich men pledged “our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honour” to the cause of revolution.  And as anyone with even the slightest knowledge of such matters could predict, much of the revolution was a matter of logistics, raising resources, and also—obtaining external support via diplomacy.  The British insurrectionists (who, we must remember, were British subjects only anachronistically distinguished from other Brits) could never have violently overthrown the duly constituted, very stable government, if they had not timely obtained the military intervention of the French.

Popular resentment is what a computer programmer would call a necessary but insufficient prerequisite for revolution.  Wise governments conciliate the masses.  For instance, observe Stolypin.  Stolypin was a master statesman, one of the most talented of that historical epoch.  After a failed revolution, Stolypin authoritatively instituted genuine reforms that contented most people.  The Communist ideologues who were attempting to harness popular resentment needed to get rid of Stolypin; therefore, they assassinated him.  Without the wise and savvy Stolypin, a weak Tsar was simply lost.  A successful revolution was soon thereafter carried off when, a few years later, military defeat in the Great War made the government even weaker than usual.

Mass-communication does not turn a headless, mostly inert mass into anything but.  Do you see intelligent action emerging from mindless mass-chatter on Twitter—or in WO? Roll Eyes

Rather, consistently with what you said at the end, modern mass-communications are a collar snapped onto the collective neck of the masses, with the leash being firmly held by the powers that be.  Let’s put it this way:  When popular resentment resulted in the election of an American President who very slightly crossed certain lines, Twitter blatantly manipulated the next election (ban of NY Post to suppress the Hunter Biden story).  Then, Twitter banned the sitting President from its mass-communications platform.  LOL.  Oh, do you suppose that the inert, unintelligent masses will somehow organize themselves with sophisticated, decentralized cypherpunk communications methods that >99.9% of people do not even know exist?

(Cue stupid arguments about Trump vs. Biden.  Roll Eyes  What I just said was not about Trump vs. Biden.  Twitter, et al. indisputably manipulated an election by suppressing information, to get rid of a president who indisputably rose on a wave of popular resentment against the status quo.  Those are the facts, whatever one’s opinion may be of whether the stupidly resentful masses picked an idiot in Trump, or whether Biden is absolutely the greatest, wisest, and most competent leader in the history of the universe.)

“It’s different this time”, yes:  Insofar as “first-world” types of places are concerned, revolution is as obsolete as the musket, the sword, and the carrier pigeon.  A fool’s errand—a one-way ticket to supermax prison, a CIA black site, or the morgue.  Since WO is doubtless watched, I should emphasize very clearly that I am only discussing some famous historical circumstances.  I don’t much care what is called “illegal”, but I would not urge anyone to do something so moronic as attempting to “rise” against the government.

I firmly agree with much of what you say, but wanted to add the caveat, *Most Revolutionary Desires are quelled by 5he fact that the General Populace has Too Much to Lose.* In times of economic strife and worldwide political upheaval, Revolutionary Force has more leverage to work with if the organization and leadership is able to come together. This series of calculated disasters carry a significant risk of creating a momentum that can be harnessed by anyone with enough resources and influence to snap up the reigns. Whether the current planners designs succeed or fail, we could indeed be in for "interesting times" that no sane person should ever hope for...
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 12:44:47 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (5), JayJuanGee (1), Copetech (1)

Fuck this

"Can I interest sir in a soupcon of pineapple frosted soma latte ? or would you like to go directly onto the insects and anal implant course?"

"Thank you for your order today with EuroBell AI Incorporated, please make your way to isolation bay 42 to receive your order,  a carbon tax has been deducted from your biographic sim,  and applied to your voluntary euthanasia date"

empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 12:47:51 AM

"ohhhhhhhh yay frosted pineapple bits.... yummy  Grin"
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 01:04:53 AM

Explanation
death_wish

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 01:05:15 AM

LTC just got dumped from some exchanges due to the privacy issue.  BTC doesn't have this issue.

If anyone wonders why I quoted Tyler Winklevoss’ vocal support for Zcash when it was hit with a stupid FUD-delisting from Bittrex, or why I point here and in other threads to what Adam Back has said about fungibility:  This is why.

The above-quoted statement is mere FUD, without details.  No time to add details.

We need to get strong privacy in BTC, ASAP.  Those who are thoughtless and shortsighted don’t see how this has been a war of precedents from the start; and they lack any perspective on the big picture, long-term view.

Bitcoin set a bad precedent, just because the needed technology had not yet been developed.  Satoshi himself was interested in ways to make transactions unlinkable and untraceable, but he didn’t know how.  Now, the burden of fixing this problem has fallen on altcoins.

Some excellent precedents have been set for privacy.  Besides privacy coins, I don’t think that any exchange will dare to target Ethereum with a FUD-delisting over Tornado.Cash and Aztec Protocol, which provide much stronger privacy than LTC.  But someday, strong privacy needs to come home to Bitcoin—preferably before BTC fungibility gets so wrecked that it causes irreparable economic damage in Bitcoin.  Lack of fungibility destroys confidence in a currency; that is an old and timeless monetary principle, which BTC defies at its peril.

That's a bat slap.

I put as much effort into my reply to ImThour as he put into his analysis of a situation he thought required investigation.  I brought the matter relating the the drop in value of LTC to his attention and I assumed he could take it from there.  The perils of sending your LTC to exchanges are best left to another thread.

No offense, xhomer.  You understand how that came off the wrong way, and I just had to reply accordingly.  This has been a fight ever since Mike Hearn and his canaille spun out propaganda to brainwash people that wrecking BTC fungibility was somehow a good thing.  Ultimately, I do not think the problem can be resolved until we attain what Adam Back said in that video:  Cryptographic indistinguishability and unlinkability.  Trust the maths.

Quoted for truth; note the date on a discussion that we are still having in 2022:

Taint tracking is precisely why we need ZeroCoin or CoinJoin or whatever. Do it now.

I am NOT joking. Bitcoin is useless without fungibility. Tracking taint programmatically or with regulatory intent is a clear attack on Bitcoin in perhaps the only way that it can presently be attempted since theres no way anyone can get mining superiority anymore. The Bitcoin Foundation should be renamed the Fiat Foundation if they aren't going to take this seriously. Besides, the miners aren't going to let anything get changed to track taint anyway, so why would the devs even talk about this.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 02:01:19 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 03:01:25 AM

Explanation
Gachapin

Activity: 910
Merit: 1856

bitcoin retard

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 03:28:52 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (17)

That's the spirit...

"The longer Bitcoin hangs out sub-$20K, the more fiat-funded crypto garbage disappears forever.
Burn it all down - I'll be stacking Sats."

https://twitter.com/stackhodler/status/1542843661523861504?cxt=HHwWgIC-0diIpOkqAAAA
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 04:03:27 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 05:04:53 AM

Explanation
death_wish

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 05:47:04 AM

Some of the revolutionary leaders were wealthy—for instance, Hancock; a bunch of rich men pledged “our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honour” to the cause of revolution.  [...]

Speaking of which, I guess it’s good form for me to wish y’all American types of folks a happy July 2.

Independence Day Should Have Been July 2 –July 2, 1776 is the day that the Continental Congress actually voted for independence. John Adams, in his writings, even noted that July 2 would be remembered in the annals of American history and would be marked with fireworks and celebrations. The written Declaration of Independence was dated July 4 but wasn't actually signed until August 2. Fifty-six delegates eventually signed the document, although all were not present on that day in August.

I had bookmarked somewhere a link to an informative page on this topic, with relevant quotes and references to primary sources—especially to Adams.  I cannot locate it at this particular moment.

I will leave as an exercise to the reader the question of whether, if they could see America now, the signers of the American Declaration of Independence would run back to the king screaming, “Please forgive us!  Take us back!  We made a very big mistake!”
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2022, 06:04:57 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 [30898] 30899 30900 30901 30902 30903 30904 30905 30906 30907 30908 30909 30910 30911 30912 30913 30914 30915 30916 30917 30918 30919 30920 30921 30922 30923 30924 30925 30926 30927 30928 30929 30930 30931 30932 30933 30934 30935 30936 30937 30938 30939 30940 30941 30942 30943 30944 30945 30946 30947 30948 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: