April 28, 2024, 03:37:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31342 31343 31344 31345 31346 31347 31348 31349 31350 31351 31352 31353 31354 31355 31356 31357 31358 31359 31360 31361 31362 31363 31364 31365 31366 31367 31368 31369 31370 31371 31372 31373 31374 31375 31376 31377 31378 31379 31380 31381 31382 31383 31384 31385 31386 31387 31388 31389 31390 31391 [31392] 31393 31394 31395 31396 31397 31398 31399 31400 31401 31402 31403 31404 31405 31406 31407 31408 31409 31410 31411 31412 31413 31414 31415 31416 31417 31418 31419 31420 31421 31422 31423 31424 31425 31426 31427 31428 31429 31430 31431 31432 31433 31434 31435 31436 31437 31438 31439 31440 31441 31442 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368739 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 04:01:19 PM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 04:06:09 PM
Merited by Torque (1)

DISCLAIMER: beautiful off-topic content

Good night from M31 (Andromeda), our neighbour galaxy.
Stacked about 35 minutes of exposure, reduced stars a bit, enhanced contrast.

YOU CAPTURED THIS!!???!?!?!??

What a universe we live in!  

Yes and yes   Cool
However, i did a full star reduction and blended the original layer over it, with 60% opacity and boosted whites.
That made the Andromeda galaxy look so impressive and added way more depth to the image. The original stacked data frames were looking a little too boring and flat.
I was always fascinated looking up in the sky at night since i was a child. Looking up keeps us grounded and also reminds us what tiny of an unimportant fart we really are  Grin

EDIT: Tomorrow i'll try to have a shot at the moon. First try, by the way. I hope for clear skies  Roll Eyes
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 04:15:50 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I saw your late entry to Pumpkin Contest, and it’s a nice addition to your hat btw.

I’m sure selection of “orange” with engraved BTC have connection with Bitcoin and orange logo.
When I was crafting I did not have the connection in mind until another user made a comment about it on the contest page. Yeah, I did not bother to join the contest. That's why I was not in such a hurry to post it. I took my time and crafted it slowly. In fact it took me 3 days to complete and total working hour could be more or less 2 hours LOL

I'm amazed you were able to find an orange that had the proper color #F7941D and to carve the "B" with an exact 13.88...° rotation per the specification.

colour:  http://vu.hn/bitcoin-symbol-and-logo-origin.html#why-an-orange-circle see also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_orange
 angle:  http://vu.hn/bitcoin-symbol-and-logo-origin.html#why-rotate-the-b-shape-by-14-degrees-on-the-logo

Excellent work!
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 04:23:28 PM
Merited by Hueristic (2), JayJuanGee (1), rat03gopoh (1)

Wall Observer Patent for BitcoinGirl.ClubTM  😉

Thanks my brother homer for his awesome redo for my hat.
Like it.
btw, can I also get my own hat with this pic?

PM me an image without the watermark and I'll see what I can do.
Promise I wont try to capitalize on it.
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 04:57:04 PM

Like a wise man once said. Precision beats power and timing beats speed
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 05:01:19 PM

Explanation
eXPHorizon

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 05:16:08 PM

Im overflowing
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 05:22:01 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2022, 06:15:55 PM by Biodom

Looking up keeps us grounded and also reminds us what tiny of an unimportant fart we really are  Grin

I agree with keeping grounded, but re the other statement, it remains to be seen, Fermi paradox and all (EDIT: I am not talking about an individual, but the human race as far as the meaning of "we" is concerned).
Evolution does not have a direction, so it is absolutely not predestined to produce intelligent and above all, technologically advanced (with various levels of such) species. The skies are silent and no visible megastructures are present (no cities in the sky in comparison to what you see on the Earth surface from the nearby space).

For those who are scientifically inclined: read the "Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History" by Stephen J Gould
Here is the most important part:
In his highly influential book ‘Wonderful Life’, Harvard paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould proposed that evolution is an unpredictable process that can be characterized as

“a staggeringly improbable series of events, sensible enough in retrospect and subject to rigorous explanation, but utterly unpredictable and quite unrepeatable. Wind back the tape of life to the early days of the Burgess Shale; let it play again from an identical starting point, and the chance becomes vanishingly small that anything like human intelligence would grace the replay.” (Gould, 1989, p. 45)

eXPHorizon

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 05:26:08 PM

Looking up keeps us grounded and also reminds us what tiny of an unimportant fart we really are  Grin

I agree with keeping grounded, but re the other statement, it remains to be seen, Fermi paradox and all.
Evolution does not have a direction, so it is absolutely not predestined to produce intelligent and above all, technologically advanced (with various levels of such) species. The skies are silent and no visible megastructures are present (no cities in the sky in comparison to what you see on the Earth surface from the nearby space).

For those who are scientifically inclined: read the "Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History" by Stephen J Gould
In his highly influential book ‘Wonderful Life’, Harvard paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould proposed that evolution is an unpredictable process that can be characterized as

“a staggeringly improbable series of events, sensible enough in retrospect and subject to rigorous explanation, but utterly unpredictable and quite unrepeatable. Wind back the tape of life to the early days of the Burgess Shale; let it play again from an identical starting point, and the chance becomes vanishingly small that anything like human intelligence would grace the replay.” (Gould, 1989, p. 45)

Infucking deed ya are!
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 05:38:39 PM

I agree with keeping grounded, but re the other statement, it remains to be seen, Fermi paradox and all.

Infucking deed ya are!

and the meaning of this random word soup is?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 05:44:36 PM

pic addendum
Port Isabel ....nice touristy place...pretty cheap actually
Not 3 star but okish for a stop over

Woahza!!!!

You had posted that pic, and you were into bitcoin way back in 1975?

You are a real OG, toxie moxie.

OK Guys,

Not sure why I feel the desire to tell you guys (and girl) this, I guess after lurking daily for about 18 months, I've tricked my psychie into actually thinking of some of you as friends.

Anyway, after consistently DCA'ing every week for 75+ weeks, I am officially past the "one in 100M" point. Unfortunately, in mid September I became literally one. My beautiful wife, whom I have adored for the last 22 years packed up her basic necessities and announced that we were getting a divorce. No fights, no affairs, no logical explanation. She had already set up a PO Box, a new bank account, and had a little less than ½ of the available funds transferred a couple hours before informing me. As of that morning I was 100% certain that we were in for the long haul, till death did us part. As of that evening I was a broken mess wondering why I was still breathing. I came to the grim resolution that she had not killed me (physically) because she didn't want to live with the guilt. And therefore, because I love her so much, I can't just die and force her to live with it anyway.

I'm broken. But I still got my Bitcoin and I am in the green... so that's nice... I guess.
I am sorry this has happened to you.

Some advice the ½ the money she left you. Needs to be properly secured.

From the glass ½ full at least she left you ½ the money.

I watched my parents divorce and from the kids viewpoint it was painful. If you have kids think about them for now.

god bless you and I hope that when the scar heals you move on to a better life.

I was kind of thinking about this too.... and sometimes it is interesting to see how some of the dynamic plays out, and surely sometimes there are way more emotional and financial ties. that may even seem that they cannot be divided into those categories because they feel that they go "beyond" those two categories.

Surely, I do not want to trivialize what Copetech is going through because the "unexpected" angle is likely greatly traumatic, but also the angle regarding which side is making the decision or if the decision is "mutual" can make a lot of differences in regards to how individuals feel about the break-up (going separate ways).

So back to the bank account situation, it can be interesting that there are no real clues, but both sides have complete access to the account and are able to completely withdraw from the account at any time, so in that regard, there need not be any telegraphing of what is going to happen (if one side has plans to make a BIG withdrawal), but there could be some sense of timing that might coincide with when some income comes in - but no matter, none of these kinds of unilateral decisions are likely to be "fair" - even though some folks might be "more fair" in their ways of dealing with others than others.

I had a relationship that was in the ballpark of 12 years long that had broken up; however, I had been attempting to force the break up for several years prior to the other side finally going through with the break up - and surely we had several business aspects in the relationship, and after the break up, I discovered a lot of signs that the break up had been premeditated for at least 6 months prior because certain preparations were being made - but the evidence of those actual preparations did not become clear to me until after I was able to look into several of the matters and to make the logical connections.  One thing that we had jointly was a 13 pound dog, and the dog was about 4 years old, and largely I had possession of the dog and I had spent way more time with the dog and training the dog; however, a few days before the "break-up" message was communicated to me, she had taken the dog, the dog shaver, some dog food and a few dog toys, and I had thought that was a little unusual, and I did not ask, but then when I got the message about the "break-up," I realized that the taking of the dog was for her to make sure that she got the dog, even though I had been spending way more time with the dog, especially in the couple of years immediately prior to the break-up news.

It took us a couple of years to really resolve the various business matters related to the break-up, because there surely was some disputes in regards to joint property - and even that her expectations in communicating the terms of the break up did not go as she had expected at the time that she first communicated the message to me - and her subsequent attempts to reiterate and to stick with the various terms that she had largely unilaterally described in the sentiment of her first break up messages.

Another interesting aspect that is relevant to this thread has to do with bitcoin, and surely there could be ideas about whether all or parts of any bitcoin stash should be considered joint property or separate property, and surely there could be questions regarding "how much bitcoin is there," and also whether such bitcoin stash was accumulated with joint funds (or joint efforts - such as brain power and time) or whether such bitcoin stash was accumulated, maintained and/or liquidated with separate (individual) funds.

So Copetech did not say anything regarding whether the bitcoin were potentially at issue - and surely sometimes partners in a relationship might not be really attempting to figure out any exact measurement of "assets to split" but instead just wanting a somewhat clean and unambiguous split from the relationship in order to be able to move onto what they might have been speculating would be their new future path. 

Surely none of it is easy, even though I would think that bitcoin would still fit into either an emotional or financial category that might even overlap with other assets or other emotions that are part of the consideration package - of course, relevant to this thread, too.

One last point for now that we regularly consider in this regards how we might build our BTC stash in such a way that attempts to contemplate future relationships that we might have - and of course, we could have more options with relationships and even things that we are able to do, if we have sufficiently and adequately prepared our BTC stash so that we are able to have a stash in the future without losing it (hopefully) along the way.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 05:53:38 PM

Bitcoin is definitely a communal property, but it is unique with some interesting complications.

For example, if you communicate the private key to the second party (wife, husband, gf, bf), then you basically relinquish the property and rely on their honesty, which is fine, but we all know how contentious breakups sometimes are.

If, on the other hand, you don't communicate the private key, then the other party has no ways to participate in a split of such property, unless you signed a legal document stating that you have bitcoin, specifying the amounts and accounts.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 06:01:22 PM

Explanation
eXPHorizon

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 06:53:59 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2022, 07:13:58 PM by eXPHorizon

Infucking deed ya are!

You really need to have it spelt out? I do not find it hard to believe at all on the grand scale of things. All of you do not matter nor does your contribution matter at all. Nothing you ever do will ever matter or have any great effect. All your troubles have been for nothing and will remain nothing. Every single one of you no matter how hard you fight this fact. YOU DO NOT MATTER AT ALL AND WILL BE OBLIVIONED

Oblivioned means forgotten in the timespan of few weeks. The money you have into "Bitcoin" will never be remembered nor cherished. Never will you be a part of something or will you count as something. That is "DECENTRALIZATION". You do not matter . Your Contributions will be dust in a few seconds not like in the real world where History is actualy mapped and cherished.

Remember this was your Choice and your Choice alone

Thw Geckos with 8000 Miners And GPUs are even worse their contributions mean in the negatives. They are the worsr
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 06:58:03 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Wow!!!!

I am seeing the power of having an actual telescope, versus what my naked (nohomo) eye can see from my area of dee earths, even on a very dark and clear night.

[edited out......]
But hey, I got my corns and now I've got some Smerits too! But I'm only HODLing one of them! Thanks again Guys!

Wow!!!!    With that description, you likely can realize that there were some areas in which you were not sufficiently sharing in building together.. .so if you are somewhat able to realize that it is quite likely that you are NOT going back into that relationship (even if you believe that you want to), both parties gotta be willing to play, and you have some abilities to build (or maintain if you are not in the building/accumulating stage) your BTC stash for 1, 2 or maybe a few more years in order to reconsider and restrategize what direction that you plan to pursue.. in the years to come...

For sure, if you consider that you were not really "into" drinking as much as she was, there surely could be a kind of incompatibility in that regard.. A lot of people get consumed with structuring their lives around alcohol, and I am not even suggesting that anything would necessarily be wrong with that, except if you do not really share closely enough in that same pursuit of regular activities.. then you may well have identified a certain level of incompatibility.

I will also say that even when both of you are in agreement to "go in separate directions," there still can be a quite a bit of pain in that, too... because sometimes it is difficult to stop thinking about the "good times" and the "what ifs".. and personally, I have frequently found it better to try to attempt to focus on the "not so good times" in order to help my lil selfie to move on.. but surely each of us has to figure out what kind of ways that we might need to go through this.. and I am kind of thinking that some kind of therapy could be helpful.. but personally, I usually would find less formal ways to do that.. and for me, writing things out and engaging in various kinds of planning.. seems to help me.. and then when I am ready, then I will start to interweave aspects of my own thoughts into other RL conversations that I have with others in order to get their "not necessarily professional" feedback, which is good enough for me.. because usually, I don't like to rely too much on supposed "purported" professionals.. but that's just me, probably.

Bitcoin is definitely a communal property, but it is unique with some interesting complications.

In the US, property rights are generally established state by state, so in marriage law, whether some of the property acquired by marriage is communal or not is going to vary.

I would imagine that the extent to which property rights are clear in other countries is going to vary from country to country too.  I doubt it is safe to assume by default that bitcoin is "communal" property.

For example, if you communicate the private key to the second party (wife, husband, gf, bf), then you basically relinquish the property and rely on their honesty, which is fine, but we all know how contentious breakups sometimes are.

If, on the other hand, you don't communicate the private key, then the other party has no ways to participate in a split of such property, unless you signed a legal document stating that you have bitcoin, specifying the amounts and accounts.

There are way more varieties in possible scenarios than you are describing, Biodom.. that's for sure... and I doubt that you are even capturing Copetech's situation very well.   Tongue Tongue

Copetech seems to be describing a situation in which he presumes that the bitcoin that he has so far accumulated are not going to be a communal property issue, and he seems to be suggesting that "he's got the bitcoins," which surely might be a wrong presumption, and yeah it might be too early to know whether he might be served some papers "demanding for dee cornz"

Bitching and whining...

I don't want to dismiss your pebbles but you might be overthinking some of it. For example in my previous job of ~5 years my spouse was never inside my office because it was just easier for me to get outside. We had an annoying sign-in-and-get-a-temporary-badge process for visitors and also very thin walls unfit for private conversations.

And even if what you're thinking is true, it's not like you could have changed much (or anything). Don't beat yourself up about it.

Fucking Pebbles... all I have left.

That's NOT the spirit!!!!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 07:01:19 PM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 07:34:47 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2022, 11:00:01 PM by Biodom

Have you fellas seen this?
Is stage 2 of deleveraging about to commence?

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2022/11/02/divisions-in-sam-bankman-frieds-crypto-empire-blur-on-his-trading-titan-alamedas-balance-sheet/
https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1589283421704290306
https://cryptoslate.com/fears-of-terra-luna-style-collapse-of-ftx-native-token-ftt-as-binance-liquidate-its-holdings/
https://news.yahoo.com/binance-sell-rest-ftx-token-165514765.html

Granted, they are talking mostly about "crypto', but nobody actually knows if bitcoin is among the assets Alameda holds.
The fact is that MOST of Alameda assets are in their sister/parent company token (FTT) and they lent out 7.4 bil $ worth based on that value (and unspecified "crypto", which in part may or may not be bitcoin).

TL;DR "Due to recent revelations that have came to light"...It seems that SBF is under pressure.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 07:43:00 PM

Lemme translate: "I'm a troll, feed me a cookie!"
Just ignore him, i know it's hard sometimes, but it's for the best of it.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 07:51:56 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2022, 08:14:48 PM by OutOfMemory
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

I agree with keeping grounded, but re the other statement, it remains to be seen, Fermi paradox and all (EDIT: I am not talking about an individual, but the human race as far as the meaning of "we" is concerned).

I disagree, but let me refine my oversimple words:
We're the most important to us, our fate, for the time being of our species.
But as a part of the universe, we mean close to nothing. Wonders of unimaginable dimensions and (also actual) gravity are happening out there, all the time and forever, while we care about things of which most are neither really important to the universe nor relevant. We can change a lot among us humans, but we can't change a fuck in the actual real universe.
I didn't want to offend creationists or shit on humanity, though.
If this is a better way to put it short: We're important to us, but not to the universe.

Wow!!!!

I am seeing the power of having an actual telescope, versus what my naked (nohomo) eye can see from my area of dee earths, even on a very dark and clear night.

You see "more far" out with a telescope at a higher resolution, but with limited brightness.
The game changer was the digital ability to add up information from many pictures (or streams of collected light data) into a single picture. The human eye works totally counter wise, optimized for coping with movement. Space is relatively static.
The real difference is when you look up to the stars, you actually know what you have captured out there, and where it is located. Knowing that these gigantic things are there, but you can't see it. More and more it becomes an intense feeling of awareness of the presence of this "magically invisible" universe, even by just thinking about.

Bitching and whining...

I don't want to dismiss your pebbles but you might be overthinking some of it. For example in my previous job of ~5 years my spouse was never inside my office because it was just easier for me to get outside. We had an annoying sign-in-and-get-a-temporary-badge process for visitors and also very thin walls unfit for private conversations.

And even if what you're thinking is true, it's not like you could have changed much (or anything). Don't beat yourself up about it.

Fucking Pebbles... all I have left.

That's NOT the spirit!!!!

All he has left is the remains of what he hasn't given away (from himself), so far.
When you go into a relationship, you gotta keep not forgetting about yourself and give too much of you away to the partner. If the relationsship ends, you're still the rock you were, maybe even harder and bigger than before. The partner is not responsible for your feelings and to meet your desires, you are not responsible for the partner's.
Love and (also co-) dependency are two totally different things and one of the most fatal human confusion. Still, there is no human love possible without dependencies. It's important which dependencies are the ones that are the base of a relationship. A dilemma.

EDIT: I also don't like to say "my partner", even as i do now and then, because there is an implicit aspect of ownership within. One only owns him/herself.
eXPHorizon

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 07:56:51 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2022, 08:07:57 PM by eXPHorizon

Hahah a truthseeker and truth speaker getting marked as a troll is the epidemy of what is wrong with the modern world. You outofbrains is just rephrasing and beautifying the words i said in ur self benefit. Outofbrains u dont matter not even to ur self or anyone in here. Sit down and observe thats all what matters from u

If Humanity as Unity will want to evolve and contribute to the benefit of Mankind even more its first step is to accept Truth and Compassion. Otherwise everyone is doomed - Metro Exodus
Pages: « 1 ... 31342 31343 31344 31345 31346 31347 31348 31349 31350 31351 31352 31353 31354 31355 31356 31357 31358 31359 31360 31361 31362 31363 31364 31365 31366 31367 31368 31369 31370 31371 31372 31373 31374 31375 31376 31377 31378 31379 31380 31381 31382 31383 31384 31385 31386 31387 31388 31389 31390 31391 [31392] 31393 31394 31395 31396 31397 31398 31399 31400 31401 31402 31403 31404 31405 31406 31407 31408 31409 31410 31411 31412 31413 31414 31415 31416 31417 31418 31419 31420 31421 31422 31423 31424 31425 31426 31427 31428 31429 31430 31431 31432 31433 31434 31435 31436 31437 31438 31439 31440 31441 31442 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: