May 05, 2024, 05:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31513 31514 31515 31516 31517 31518 31519 31520 31521 31522 31523 31524 31525 31526 31527 31528 31529 31530 31531 31532 31533 31534 31535 31536 31537 31538 31539 31540 31541 31542 31543 31544 31545 31546 31547 31548 31549 31550 31551 31552 31553 31554 31555 31556 31557 31558 31559 31560 31561 31562 [31563] 31564 31565 31566 31567 31568 31569 31570 31571 31572 31573 31574 31575 31576 31577 31578 31579 31580 31581 31582 31583 31584 31585 31586 31587 31588 31589 31590 31591 31592 31593 31594 31595 31596 31597 31598 31599 31600 31601 31602 31603 31604 31605 31606 31607 31608 31609 31610 31611 31612 31613 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372458 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 05:01:17 AM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7850

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2022, 05:36:02 AM

JJG is correct about the following:

world governments fear BTC.

As to their solutions to solve the problems btc creates, they are working on it.

Lets hope they do as well as they did in keeping the deficit in check.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 06:01:21 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 06:38:54 AM

People still suffering mentally from the bear hammer,~
Speak for yourself bro, I’m already having a blast with these discounted prices.

That is proof that you suffer mentally - or unless you are a low coiner or a no coiner.  I know that no coiners and low coiners are "having a blast" from these recently low ("discounted") BTC prices.

Where is JJG?

Is he getting the v329.1.4 Cryptotourist update, or have they decided to shred his kernel?

"They" decided that JJG had some chores that s/he/it had to do around the house... so JJG is just fine.. just had to do those referenced chores around the house.

some interesting thoughts on BTC mining compared to shitcoin staking from an engineering standpoint
"Will Ethereum Break Like Terra Luna?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhjof3hQkKo
pretty good video.

pushes pow a lot.

There is no need to "push" POW. 

POW is a superior system, so POW seems to already speak for itself. 

Hadn't you realized, after your 11 years in bitcoin, that the way that Bitcoin implements POW serves as a paradigm-shifting invention.. that allows for value to be stored, transmitted and verified digitally in such a way that had never been securedly possible previously.  It's a pretty BIG deal, if you had not noticed... and no real need to sell it or push it... especially now that it's already been operational for nearly 14 years.

Part of your problema philip is that you don't seem to understand dee cornz very well.
Epic Facepalm.

Perhaps you don't understand dee cornz either, nutildah - especially if you are coming to a face palming conclusion.

Dee cornz are already decoupled - even if we have these periods of correlation, that seem to confuse people.. including but not limited to ur lil selfie.
Won't be decoupled until its no longer an institutional investment...

It appears that you read whatever you wanted into your out of context response.. without actually addressing the issue as such issue had been presented by me.

pretty simple really.

You come to the opposite conclusion, and then say that the matter is "simple."  That approach comes off as face palmable to me.

I've never understood the steadfast denial of correlation by those who wish to pretend corn exists in its own economic bubble. It does not.

No one said that corn exists in its own economic bubble... So we agree that corn does not exist in its own economic bubble.  Are "we" making progress?

Here's some basic reading for ur lil selfie, let's see if it will make a dent in your stone head.
As Bitcoin morphed into an asset class, more interest was created. Brokerages and institutions gained traction with regulators and offered investment opportunities like Bitcoin-linked ETFs and 401(k)s that allowed investors to place Bitcoin in them.

Because institutions were providing familiar instruments, investors appeared to become more comfortable with cryptocurrencies.

In late 2021 and into mid-2022, cryptocurrency prices rose and fell similarly to equity prices. The chart below shows Bitcoin's (BTC) price compared to the S&P 500 (SPX) and the Nasdaq 100 (NDX).

That appears to be one year's worth of data that is represented in the chart, and then the investopia clip seems to be making an assessment that bitcoin is becoming more correlated based on new financialization instruments that will cause such increased correlation... .

Sure bitcoin could  become more correlated in the future, but currently it is not correlated merely based on 12 months worth of data showing it to have been correlated during the most recent 12-month period.. or whatever it is that you are striving to present and to argue in regard to your assertion that bitcoin is supposedly correlated or becoming correlated.. or your assertion that it has always been correlated or whatever nonsense self-righteous proclamations that you are trying to play gotcha with..

"Ah but its not correlated 100% of the time."

Who said that statement?  not this here cat... You are the one presenting data from the last year in order to argue your point... good luck with that, you will likely need it.

Correct. Regardless, some correlation is still correlation.

I don't think so.  It is possible to have periods of correlation in order to cause people to proclaim that they believe that bitcoin is correlated, and then they end up getting fucked when they end up making bets that are based on overly expecting future correlation to play out merely because they are able to see some evidence of past correlation for periods that they had selected. 

In other words, I stand by my original post, and zoom out your lil selfie a wee bit.  There is no need for me to 'splain the situation further to you since you have already come to this topic in an argument manner in which you are not even trying to represent what I had said versus what you would have liked for me to have had said.. and since you have already made up your mind and want to engage in some seemingly self-righteous gotcha lecturing, anyhow.

As to their solutions to solve the problems btc creates, they are working on it.

I am not going to deny that governments are not on the attack, and for sure, it looks like we are going to be experiencing some of the new attacks.. and so it could end up that we might need to reframe and to rethink some of our issues and some of our framings - depending on if there might be some areas in which some of the newly developing attacks become effective.. and even from one day of hearing, we see a lot of confusing of the FTX matter in order to lump bitcoin in as a culprit, and the Warren proposed legislation seems to be partially motivated by fear of bitcoin, and confusion  (whether purposeful or not) of bitcoin and crypto and even wanting to blanketly frame bitcoin as a threat - through even spreading misinformation through occlusions.. or maybe bad frameworks or maybe just lumping "guilt by association."
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 07:01:16 AM

Explanation
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7974

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2022, 07:07:40 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), philipma1957 (1)

Why do you always need 150 words to say what could be said in 15?

Your original assertion was that Bitcoin has decoupled from the stock market. I presented evidence that it has not and some explanation as to why it cannot. Here's some more recent evidence for you:

Stock market drags Bitcoin price further south; Will the trend continue?

Bitcoin Falls as Jobs Report Is Harsh Reminder of Crypto’s Link to Stocks

As Bitcoin, Stock Investors Cheer US Inflation Slowdown, One Macro Expert Calls for Caution

https://www.theblock.co/data/crypto-markets/prices/btc-pearson-correlation-30d

Pretty obvious that the lines have spent more time above zero than below it for the last year. Since November there has been more of a negative correlation than a positive, but if BTC was "decoupled" the lines would be at zero. Speaking of zooming out, if you do that you see this recent shift is part of an overall pattern that has been around for at least 4 years now:

The things that make the stock market move will continue to make Bitcoin move.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3004

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 07:24:46 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2022, 07:50:20 AM by OutOfMemory
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Have any of you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1JlnjY4d4c

Bewildering to say the least.
Among witnesses: two were at least in part rational thinkers (O'Leary and a female from the Cato Instutute).
The other two-complete blabbering 'tools'.

In addition..my gawd...these are our Senators [a couple were OK, with the rest... 'you name it' ]?
What does this say about the electorate?

My impression, looking into this for about half an hour, skipping bits, is that opinions were quite balanced. Senators overexaggerating probably weren't taken too serious by the board. The most impressive moments where, however, the (brainwashed) lady visibly shaking, around 23:00. Better go take your meds, babe  Tongue
The overall message by the more reasoned speakers was about the shadyness of characters in the crypto business, and in terms of shady, we surely got a lot of experience here on WO  Cheesy
Derivatives and collateral tokens just suck, and that's about coming out to me when looking at this senator's discussion. This is the part of the market that needs attention by authorities, i hope the sen(i)ators all got that, too.

I would like Morocco to win and turn down all of Budweiser's beer

That’s one way to stop Mbappe

Morocco attacking in the second half but French defense looks unbreakable…

Significant difference was the speed of attacks, france got a slight advantage there, and Grizman and Mbappe kept the MAR defence very busy, which was effectively enabling other FRA players to score while them key players were attracting all the attention by MAR. The result and gameplay was great though, very refreshing after that 90 minute croatian power-nap. MAR will most likely score third place, they did most of the things right that CRO failed to do.
ARG vs. FRA should deliver a great game, i'm pretty excited looking forward to that.

The referee was shitty, unworthy of a semi-final game. When you have video assistance but you're thinking you're too good to actually make use of it  Roll Eyes

BTC actually was quite muted in the news lately, which is a good sign of slowly considering it as what it is. The most serious peer-to-peer electonic cash system.
It feels quite good to see the bitcoin bashing decrease.

For the record: Coinbase advertising a "good buy", but for me it's a "good bye".  Tongue
I never got through KYC on binance, god knows why, but i'm actually pretty happy about that.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 07:36:38 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Have any of you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1JlnjY4d4c

Bewildering to say the least.
Among witnesses: two were at least in part rational thinkers (O'Leary and a female from the Cato Instutute).
The other two-complete blabbering 'tools'.

In addition..my gawd...these are our Senators [a couple were OK, with the rest... 'you name it' ]?
What does this say about the electorate?

"No-one's laughing now", I dunno I'm still laughing about it. Cheesy

*didn't make it past that.

Shitcoinlord O'Leary said:   “Binance put FTX out of business”

...  poor innocent SBF  Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/BTC_Archive/status/1603083890171809792

DEBUNKING KEVIN O'LEARY Part 1 of 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqzFZVloPn0&lc=Ugwi8WTEPW7APtCxKy14AaABAg
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 2896

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 07:52:56 AM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

What happened sirazimuth ... it's a nice song just one more exit to go... Smiley

bring it on...!!!!
MusaPk

Activity: 644
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2022, 07:55:59 AM

I would like Morocco to win and turn down all of Budweiser's beer

That’s one way to stop Mbappe

Morocco attacking in the second half but French defense looks unbreakable…

Significant difference was the speed of attacks, france got a slight advantage there, and Grizman and Mbappe kept the MAR defence very busy, which was effectively enabling other FRA players to score while them key players were attracting all the attention by MAR. The result and gameplay was great though, very refreshing after that 90 minute croatian power-nap. MAR will most likely score third place, they did most of the things right that CRO failed to do.
ARG vs. FRA should deliver a great game, i'm pretty excited looking forward to that.

The referee was shitty, unworthy of a semi-final game. When you have video assistance but you're thinking you're too good to actually make use of it  Roll Eyes

You are very right in your analysis. Probably the experience of France playing such high level games and inexperience of Morocco in handling such high level game is another main factor of French dominance. Croatia gave up too early in there game against Arg, so yes there are chances of Morocco for getting third place. 
Having said that, this performance of Morocco will be remembered in history as this gives will give hope to every country outside Europe that they can also play and make it to last stages of FIFA worldcup. 
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 08:01:17 AM

Explanation
Gachapin

Activity: 910
Merit: 1863

bitcoin retard

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 08:09:17 AM

seems interesting, thanks!
Unknown Op

Activity: 560
Merit: 365

Pakistan Local Board Request

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2022, 08:19:34 AM

Every time  Grin

https://twitter.com/TrustWallet/status/1603013709265506304?t=-UWt5tYnsHRZ84CnT0JGjw&s=19
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 09:01:20 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 09:11:45 AM

Why do you always need 150 words to say what could be said in 15?

I need as many words as it takes to make my point, within the boundaries of my assessment and discretion.

Your original assertion was that Bitcoin has decoupled from the stock market.

I was not asserting anything.  I was rebutting Philip's assertion.

Why do I give any shits about your purported evidence. 

I can look at the charts myself and see that bitcoin is not correlated to the stock market in the long term, even if there is both evidence that 1) there are short term correlations and 2) and there are a lot of people making those kinds of assertions.

Good luck to them.. especially during periods in which bitcoin is not correlated and they end up getting fucked because of such non-correlation events.

Pretty obvious that the lines have spent more time above zero than below it for the last year.

Did I not already state that I could give less than two shits if you are framing bitcoin's purported correlation in light of what happened in the last year, but you still continue to argue such period as if it is actually relevant or anything that I give any shits about.

Since November there has been more of a negative correlation than a positive, but if BTC was "decoupled" the lines would be at zero.

Good for you.  I am glad that you are getting so excited to be spending your time to analyze correlation that you believe exists, and hopefully you will be able to profit stupendously off of such supposed correlation, while I end up suffering under my assessment of the situation... in which I put little weight into such assertions of supposed correlations because they are not true.. even though I see all kinds of arguments and evidence purporting such claims that end up not really being true.. especially if you actually zoom out a wee bit.

Have you ever wondered why during my time in bitcoin (since about late 2013) the overall stock market and my investments in relationship to the stock market has gone up around 75% - and my investment in bitcoin has gone up in the ballpark of 17.7x to 68x... depending if we start bitcoin with a $1k-ish beginning cost basis or we might be more generous and start bitcoin with a $250 beginning cost basis.   Or maybe we go somewhere in the middle in terms of figuring out from where we start.

I would suggest that bitcoin has performed anywhere from 8.5x to 34x greater than the stock market during the time that I have been in bitcoin... .. do you consider such longer period to be relevant or not?  I don't need to cherry pick the data.. maybe we can pick some other period of time.. that is sufficiently long and attempts to be reflective of the asset classes that are being compared with bitcoin. 

Speaking of zooming out, if you do that you see this recent shift is part of an overall pattern that has been around for at least 4 years now:

The things that make the stock market move will continue to make Bitcoin move.

Oh great! You have become more adventurous and now your are zooming out 4 years rather than ONLY 1 year..

Good job.

And you are also making a prediction that may or may not end up coming true.

What is your goal in this?  Do you want to suggest that I am attempting to predict bitcoin wrongly?  or that I am describing bitcoin's history wrongly?

I have a strategy to invest in bitcoin that largely presumes that in the long term bitcoin is going to appreciate in value at least as much as other possible investments, if not better.  I am not desperate in terms of whether I am correct in my assessment of bitcoin as an asset class, even though I presume bitcoin to be amongst the best of investments that are available to people.. normies, even more well off persons, institutions, governments and perhaps some other entity types that I have missed.  I don't claim to know the future of bitcoin, except to continue to presume that bitcoin likely continues to have great ongoing likelihood for success as an investment.. and its investment thesis seems to be just as strong, if not stronger, than it was when I got started investing in it, even though I understand that there are not guarantees, and even though I understand that each of us is responsible to go forward with our decisions whether to allocate into bitcoin and how much bitcoin to invest into bitcoin in terms of assessing our own situations.  I also have a variety of ideas regarding how a variety of kinds of people might consider how to weigh their various circumstances.. and also one of the factors would be their assessment of bitcoin as an investment as compared to other possible investments that are available to them. 

We do not need to agree about how we view bitcoin's as an investment class as compared to other investment options are available to us.  I am not going to all of a sudden start to buy into the supposed correlation arguments because they have been being made ever since I got into bitcoin, and they have tended to be wrong, and from my perspective those kinds of correlation arguments are likely going to continue to be wrong.. so you better fucking hope that you and your other bitcoin naysayers, and shitcoin pumpeners have a sufficient allocation to bitcoin rather than some other bullshit scam project .. .. but hey, you do what you like.. it's your choice. .and it is also your choice whether you want to spend time analyzing supposed short-term correlations that appear to exist between bitcoin and stocks, until they don't.  Good luck with that.. you are likely going to need it, including whatever audience you are trying to scam into believing such nonsense... when you should know better... you been in bitcoin nearly as long as me, even though you seem to be way more shitcoin and other purported value projects oriented than this here cat.. but hey do what you want with your various diversifications into crap and perhaps your overly-weighted diversifications into stocks too.. .
Dubaian

Activity: 112
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 09:27:30 AM
Merited by Popkon6 (2)

Just For Fun  Grin Grin
Brain Test: if you have an eagle eye then find the word ears in 30 Second.  Grin

BountyProgram

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 09:39:23 AM
Merited by Teletalk.org (1)

🇸🇻 President @nayibbukele calls out global financial institutions, Western powers & the media outlets they control for unfair criticisms only one year after adopting #Bitcoin as legal tender.

Source
Popkon6

Activity: 588
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 09:42:22 AM
Merited by Dubaian (2)

Just For Fun  Grin Grin
Brain Test: if you have an eagle eye then find the word ears in 30 Second.  Grin

Total word = 308
ears word number=251

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Merit: 3004

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 15, 2022, 09:45:16 AM
Merited by Dubaian (1)

Just For Fun  Grin Grin

1. English is read from left to right.
2. ... from top to bottom.

Since this is a time limited task, it's quite logical that the searched word should be near the right bottom.
Took me a few seconds this way  Grin

Life's going on, read yours later, cheers brothers  Cool
Unknown Op

Activity: 560
Merit: 365

Pakistan Local Board Request

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2022, 09:57:02 AM

Image copy from Telegram

Pages: « 1 ... 31513 31514 31515 31516 31517 31518 31519 31520 31521 31522 31523 31524 31525 31526 31527 31528 31529 31530 31531 31532 31533 31534 31535 31536 31537 31538 31539 31540 31541 31542 31543 31544 31545 31546 31547 31548 31549 31550 31551 31552 31553 31554 31555 31556 31557 31558 31559 31560 31561 31562 [31563] 31564 31565 31566 31567 31568 31569 31570 31571 31572 31573 31574 31575 31576 31577 31578 31579 31580 31581 31582 31583 31584 31585 31586 31587 31588 31589 31590 31591 31592 31593 31594 31595 31596 31597 31598 31599 31600 31601 31602 31603 31604 31605 31606 31607 31608 31609 31610 31611 31612 31613 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: