Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:50:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties!  (Read 215296 times)
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:48:01 AM

Pallas, deleting old transactions from the oldblock node localbase occurs only when running with the -prune tag? if node always on uptime miniblockchaine not work? not delete?

Mini-blockchain by default doesn't delete old block data (including transactions). That's by design: we want to be sure all the information about the wallet transactions is not lost.

That is, you are not sure about the mini block technology? and can you describe the possible risks? They(risks) fully understood?

What do you mean by "you are not sure about the mini block technology?"?
And what kind of risks are you asking about: technical ones like loosing coins and the like? If that's the question, I think the answer lies in the almost 4 years of the coin history, and still working and rocking!

Yes, I see that everything is working and swinging  Smiley , but you say that the deletion is disabled for a full node so that transactions are not lost, it means if you enable deletion on all full nodes by default, then there will be possible risks of transaction loss, so I ask you about these risks have a technical description of such situations? situations of loss of transactions?

In the case you are describing, the transactions are not lost, they are saved in the wallet database, and on the account balance sheet (as a final amount). And in the nodes who have a long enough blockchain, of course.
What you loose is the ability to see the transaction details. That is, they are shown with a question mark on the gui wallet. If you download a blockchain snapshot, that will be fixed, but you also get a big datadir as a side effect.
I think that the current default makes the most sense, but of course it is open for discussion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
info_infoman

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:58:42 AM

Pallas, deleting old transactions from the oldblock node localbase occurs only when running with the -prune tag? if node always on uptime miniblockchaine not work? not delete?

Mini-blockchain by default doesn't delete old block data (including transactions). That's by design: we want to be sure all the information about the wallet transactions is not lost.

That is, you are not sure about the mini block technology? and can you describe the possible risks? They(risks) fully understood?

And what kind of risks are you asking about: technical ones like loosing coins and the like? If that's the question, I think the answer lies in the almost 4 years of the coin history, and still working and rocking!

Yes, I see that everything is working and swinging  Smiley , but you say that the deletion is disabled for a full node so that transactions are not lost, it means if you enable deletion on all full nodes by default, then there will be possible risks of transaction loss, so I ask you about these risks have a technical description of such situations? situations of loss of transactions?

In the case you are describing, the transactions are not lost, they are saved in the wallet database, and on the account balance sheet (as a final amount). And in the nodes who have a long enough blockchain, of course.
What you loose is the ability to see the transaction details. That is, they are shown with a question mark on the gui wallet. If you download a blockchain snapshot, that will be fixed, but you also get a big datadir as a side effect.
I think that the current default makes the most sense, but of course it is open for discussion.
it's just a matter of the design of the design of the wallet and these transaction losses do not affect the balances? why not then design the database of transactions in the wallet, for example, in some way delete these old transactions, not only from the old blocks but also from the wallet database? We have a miniblock protocol, it should logically lead to a mini-wallet protocol?

PS sorry for my english Smiley google translate.....

info_infoman

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:17:35 AM

Cool in the address book added a new tab p2p Exchange, this tab will add all requests for the purchase of coins.
The Name field is the amount that they want to buy, the Balance field is how much is already purchased, when the Balance is greater or equal to the field Name the entry is deleted from the address book.

pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:40:05 AM

it's just a matter of the design of the design of the wallet and these transaction losses do not affect the balances? why not then design the database of transactions in the wallet, for example, in some way delete these old transactions, not only from the old blocks but also from the wallet database? We have a miniblock protocol, it should logically lead to a mini-wallet protocol?

While I tend to agree with you, I also think that people would get confused if they don't find their old transactions.

info_infoman

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:48:45 AM

While I tend to agree with you, I also think that people would get confused if they don't find their old transactions.

on the transactions tab, just add an announcement - Transactions in the last 7 days  Grin

megainarmy

Activity: 348
Merit: 181

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:32:42 PM

my wallet hangs on this one (i downloaded the lastest snapshot)  Huh
http://prntscr.com/gwk6tr
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:56:00 PM

my wallet hangs on this one (i downloaded the lastest snapshot)  Huh
http://prntscr.com/gwk6tr

What does the text in Russian means?

megainarmy

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:17:54 PM

6 days behind...
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:35:29 AM

6 days behind...

does it go ahead, albeit slowly, or is it just stuck?
could you please post a snippet of debug.log to better see what's going on?

mak013

Activity: 2366
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:54:58 AM

is smth new from yobit?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
megainarmy

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:59:44 AM

does it go ahead, albeit slowly, or is it just stuck?
could you please post a snippet of debug.log to better see what's going on?

Everything is fine. Time from the 5th passed the synchronization.  Grin
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:45:09 AM

is smth new from yobit?

not yet
they don't speak much :-)

gnasirator

Activity: 175
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:50:59 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 08:07:40 AM by gnasirator

Update:

New Coin Request for bisq.network exchange is submitted.

Let's hope all goes well and we are accepted. I did everything I can to fulfill their requirements. It all should go smoothly.
Unfortunately, my server just started having issues so the explorer is down. I'm on it.

edit: back up & syncing from fresh

XCN: CJSECkHi7tTTTA1ze9qYRkkUCKfFiF8EEG
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:13:25 AM

Update:

New Coin Request for bisq.network exchange is submitted.

Let's hope all goes well and we are accepted. I did everything I can to fulfill their requirements. It all should go smoothly.
Unfortunately, my server just started having issues so the explorer is down. I'm on it.

edit: back up & syncing from fresh

thanks!

gnasirator

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:07:43 AM

Interesting fact I just learned about bisq: They support other base coins next to BTC.
Trading always goes FIAT/Altcoin <-> Basecoin.

As a result, I now have a new personal goal: Get bisq to add XCN as a base coin. That would be the perfect place because of our high similarity with BTC - at least with regards to usability.

Our faster transactions and way higher scaling potential should become interesting for traders in the future when BTC transaction fees skyrocket even further Smiley

pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:41:08 AM

Interesting fact I just learned about bisq: They support other base coins next to BTC.
Trading always goes FIAT/Altcoin <-> Basecoin.

As a result, I now have a new personal goal: Get bisq to add XCN as a base coin. That would be the perfect place because of our high similarity with BTC - at least with regards to usability.

Our faster transactions and way higher scaling potential should become interesting for traders in the future when BTC transaction fees skyrocket even further Smiley

Great idea! I hope the decentralised exchanges do finally pick up, maybe we will have less crypto dramas in the future.

gnasirator

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:10:25 PM

I just cloned the wallet and did another compile and got this:

"/usr/include/c++/5/bits/unique_ptr.h:49:28: note: declared here
   template<typename> class auto_ptr;
                            ^
  CXX      net.o
  CXX      noui.o
  CXX      rpcblockchain.o
  CXX      rpcmining.o
rpcmining.cpp: In function ‘json_spirit::Value getblocktemplate(const Array&, bool)’:
rpcmining.cpp:575:52: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class CWallet’
         pblocktemplate = CreateNewBlock(pwalletMain->GetDefaultPubKey());
                                                    ^
In file included from rpcmining.cpp:9:0:
init.h:11:7: note: forward declaration of ‘class CWallet’
 class CWallet;
       ^
Makefile:882: recipe for target 'rpcmining.o' failed
make[3]: *** [rpcmining.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/xcn/Cryptonite/src'
Makefile:904: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/xcn/Cryptonite/src'
Makefile:676: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/xcn/Cryptonite/src'
Makefile:510: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
"

is something not working in there?
my .configure:
 ./configure CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc -fno-builtin-realloc -fno-builtin-free"  CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc -fno-builtin-realloc -fno-builtin-free" CRYPTO_LIBS="-lcrypto -ltcmalloc" --without-gui --disable-wallet

pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:14:36 AM

I just cloned the wallet and did another compile and got this:

"/usr/include/c++/5/bits/unique_ptr.h:49:28: note: declared here
   template<typename> class auto_ptr;
                            ^
  CXX      net.o
  CXX      noui.o
  CXX      rpcblockchain.o
  CXX      rpcmining.o
rpcmining.cpp: In function ‘json_spirit::Value getblocktemplate(const Array&, bool)’:
rpcmining.cpp:575:52: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class CWallet’
         pblocktemplate = CreateNewBlock(pwalletMain->GetDefaultPubKey());
                                                    ^
In file included from rpcmining.cpp:9:0:
init.h:11:7: note: forward declaration of ‘class CWallet’
 class CWallet;
       ^
Makefile:882: recipe for target 'rpcmining.o' failed
make[3]: *** [rpcmining.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/xcn/Cryptonite/src'
Makefile:904: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/xcn/Cryptonite/src'
Makefile:676: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/xcn/Cryptonite/src'
Makefile:510: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
"

is something not working in there?
my .configure:
 ./configure CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc -fno-builtin-realloc -fno-builtin-free"  CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc -fno-builtin-realloc -fno-builtin-free" CRYPTO_LIBS="-lcrypto -ltcmalloc" --without-gui --disable-wallet

does it do the same if you remove all the malloc related flags?

info_infoman

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:17:27 PM

Since the btc38 has taken off XCN, its trading volume has been reduced a lot. I don't know how it's going to be. I want a better exchange to go public,such as cryptopia.

pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:03:17 PM

Since the btc38 has taken off XCN, its trading volume has been reduced a lot. I don't know how it's going to be. I want a better exchange to go public,such as cryptopia.

We currently have open addcoin procedures for bittrex, poloniex and yobit.

Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: