Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties!  (Read 215296 times)
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:38:53 AM

Btw would someone barter-trade Slimcoins for Cryptonite?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 03:39:44 AM

Eddy-Thailand
forgive me for i getting into your discussion.
If your friends like to take risks, they can make their own conclusion))
Now the coin has dark, difficult times, if now buy it - a risk.
When there is no risk, there will be a completely different situation and price.
But instead of risk, you want the opposite: you want the developer to convince you that there is no risk.
Do you understand the essence of the contradiction))?
Either there is a risk and a low price, or there is no risk and then the price is high (in fact, there is still a risk)
Good luck with the choice

Hence the core of what I was saying!

Thank you for clarifying that even further.

For the comment about WHY I got upset? I didn't get upset, just frustrated. Frustrated at those that come in ANY thread, let alone here, start banging their chests as if some finacials Gods and EXPECT people to 'convince' them why they should spend their money in here, or any coin project for that matter. The frustration spreads to other coins also, including the CWI-Coins we have. Who do these people think they are to do such things as we owe them an explanation and bow to our knees to beg them, and ultimately CONVINCE them that they should put their money into the network? There is WAY more than enough information to research, and if Eddie came here looking for answers, then as the right questions, not make demands like he is some fiscal God!

XCN, and other coins for that matter, do NOT need that sort of following, no matter how much money they have. This belittles the integrity of the coin, and the community behind it.

I for one will not stand for it, no matter who they think they are. As for the money, PFFFT! We could have done this MANY times over and disappeared making more money than Eddie is talking about, but we don't. None of us here do. PnD also? Come on! Eddie and his so called colleagues are gamblers, which is all good and well for what they do, but what he is talking about is something that can be done with ANY coin. So being 'upset' is not the point, standing up to someone that is a wolf dressed in sheeps clothing is. Standing up to someone that bangs his chest about how much money 'they' have and demand convincing as to why 'they' should spend their money in XCN and THEN pretend he was only asking a question to 'learn' is something I will not stand for.

That's all it is!

NO ONE can stop the PnD groups doing what they do until this regulated by the controlling governments of the countries, making PnD illegal like it is currently in the stock markets now. This is will not happen in Crypto, but I can assure you that this type person and personality is always detrimental to a coin and community, rather than an asset.

Always notice that ALL he talks about is price, and anything that needs to be 'learned' always reverts back to some fiscal agenda that he and his 'Thai people' have. learning about the tech? Not likely. Tech has nothing to do with price, nor does community help.

Now, back to work. The REAL work, unlike what Eddie is actually doing.

#crysx

heropeter8

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:37:24 AM

I only can do that, if I believe in your currency.

So make me a believer.

Why is your currency better that dog/panda/... coin?

Make me a believer.

Why I must tell my Thai friends on bx, buy.

Or why I must tell myself, buy?

But never shoot the messenger of piano player.

In short: Cryptonite is the only truly scalable crypto currency out there.

Reasons:
1. Fixed size blockchain -> does NOT grow forever, can be capped at any size you like.
2. Secure 0-confirmation transactions thanks to withdrawal limits -> INSTANT transactions possible.
3. Auto-adjusting block size -> Theoretically unlimited transactions/s.

NO other coin out there claims to have this combination of features and stays true to the decentralized & open source philosophy of the original Bitcoin. If we take e.g. DASH. They do instant transactions but haven't solved the growing blockchain problem AND need to manage special "trusted" nodes to achieve this.

Please correct me if there is a coin that does it better - I haven't heard of it yet.

The only thing Crpytonite hasn't implemented yet is perfect privacy like e.g. Monero. But we have ideas for how to achieve that, too.

That's why I believe in it. If there's one coin that has the potential to become a real-world payment system, it's Cryptonite.
Granted, other coins are far ahead of us with respect to publicity & marketing but I believe that no matter the situation, in the long run the product with the most solid foundation will end up as the winner. No matter how good the marketing, if the technology is flawed, it will bring a project down sooner or later. Best example is Bitcoin itself. Set off as a replacement for world-wide currency, it is severely struggling to fulfill that role, despite its unbelieveable publicity and resources.
Thanks for sharing, listening to gnasirator's argument, let me know more about XCN from a technical point of view, also understand that the team and community people expect it, though it is inadvisable to buy XCN, but I chose to switch from speculative behavior to investment behavior
gnasirator

Activity: 175
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:44:58 AM

The information is all buried in the original homepage. Especially the wiki is very insightful.
I can also recommend the paper. It's all in there and easy to understand.

There are some interviews and videos around from the early days. They can help to get an overview, too.

https://www.digicent.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Cryptonite-The-First-MiniBlockchain.pdf

https://www.digicent.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Interview-With-The-Founder-of-Cryptonite.pdf

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/172241105&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb0sAmQD0Dk (made by the original inventor of Cryptonite, bitfreak himself)

XCN: CJSECkHi7tTTTA1ze9qYRkkUCKfFiF8EEG
muf18

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:10:14 AM

So would anyone trade SLM-XCN 1:3 ratio?
Imo good, cause because SLM on exchanges are around 340-480sats, and XCN around 80sats.
Can help later with new website maybe.

Btw. How much would GTX 1060 mine today ? I don't have gpu cause it burned, but I'm wondering Cheesy.
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:20:37 AM

XCN technical indicators are very good, but I don't understand why there is almost no other blockchain project using XCN technology, according to what I think, if the mini block used as side chain of BTC, may solve many problems, because it updates very fast, at any time as long as the new wallet, only need to update the 10k blocks.

ilcapitano

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:52:09 PM

Eddy-Thailand
forgive me for i getting into your discussion.
If your friends like to take risks, they can make their own conclusion))
Now the coin has dark, difficult times, if now buy it - a risk.
When there is no risk, there will be a completely different situation and price.
But instead of risk, you want the opposite: you want the developer to convince you that there is no risk.
Do you understand the essence of the contradiction))?
Either there is a risk and a low price, or there is no risk and then the price is high (in fact, there is still a risk)
Good luck with the choice

Hence the core of what I was saying!

Thank you for clarifying that even further.

For the comment about WHY I got upset? I didn't get upset, just frustrated. Frustrated at those that come in ANY thread, let alone here, start banging their chests as if some finacials Gods and EXPECT people to 'convince' them why they should spend their money in here, or any coin project for that matter. The frustration spreads to other coins also, including the CWI-Coins we have. Who do these people think they are to do such things as we owe them an explanation and bow to our knees to beg them, and ultimately CONVINCE them that they should put their money into the network? There is WAY more than enough information to research, and if Eddie came here looking for answers, then as the right questions, not make demands like he is some fiscal God!

XCN, and other coins for that matter, do NOT need that sort of following, no matter how much money they have. This belittles the integrity of the coin, and the community behind it.

I for one will not stand for it, no matter who they think they are. As for the money, PFFFT! We could have done this MANY times over and disappeared making more money than Eddie is talking about, but we don't. None of us here do. PnD also? Come on! Eddie and his so called colleagues are gamblers, which is all good and well for what they do, but what he is talking about is something that can be done with ANY coin. So being 'upset' is not the point, standing up to someone that is a wolf dressed in sheeps clothing is. Standing up to someone that bangs his chest about how much money 'they' have and demand convincing as to why 'they' should spend their money in XCN and THEN pretend he was only asking a question to 'learn' is something I will not stand for.

That's all it is!

NO ONE can stop the PnD groups doing what they do until this regulated by the controlling governments of the countries, making PnD illegal like it is currently in the stock markets now. This is will not happen in Crypto, but I can assure you that this type person and personality is always detrimental to a coin and community, rather than an asset.

Always notice that ALL he talks about is price, and anything that needs to be 'learned' always reverts back to some fiscal agenda that he and his 'Thai people' have. learning about the tech? Not likely. Tech has nothing to do with price, nor does community help.

Now, back to work. The REAL work, unlike what Eddie is actually doing.

#crysx

The coins which based on Cryptonote algorithm are hard to be listed on exchange. It looks like that the one is not exception.

★★★ BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer |BTC & BCH| FAST MIX | API | PGP PROOF | ESCROW ★★★
★ Tor and Clearnet mirrors | Payouts Every 60 seconds | Cheap 2% Service Fee | The Most Advanced Mixer | Discuss More
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 06:14:47 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 07:05:18 PM by scryptr

The coins which based on Cryptonote algorithm are hard to be listed on exchange. It looks like that the one is not exception.

CRYPTONITE IS BASED ON THE M7 ALGORITHM--

The coin is not based on the CryptoNote algorithm.  It does have a similar name.  This has been a source of confusion, really.

CryptoNite has the mini-blockchain, a lightweight, rapidly-syncing wallet feature. This is a main strong point.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
muf18

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:51:46 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 10:34:55 PM by muf18

I finally download Cryptonite QT client.
It's syncing really fast.

Did you think about, some changes to code, to prove scalability?
Like variable block sizes. Or test it to at least 8-16MB ?
What version of Bitcoin is it based (seems newer like 0.1x).
It would make it scalable.
Then test it out in public and show.
I would really like some to buy from someone coins, the best would be trade for SLM (we can discuss rates), but if not I'll try with BTC/ETH.

I found 0.14 version so quite new.
Sayman_nsk

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:05:27 AM

have a new pool or still only suprnova? 8gh network, someone mine in solo?
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 10:02:21 AM

CRYPTONITE IS BASED ON THE M7 ALGORITHM--

The coin is not based on the CryptoNote algorithm.  It does have a similar name.  This has been a source of confusion, really.

CryptoNite has the mini-blockchain, a lightweight, rapidly-syncing wallet feature. This is a main strong point.       --scryptr

Yup!

What scryptr said Smiley

#crysx

JustMe22

Activity: 297
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:14:34 PM

Cryptonite is still in active development but we have some issues:

- difficulty in entering new exchanges now that some (where we have been historically strong) were closed (luckly, novaexchange seem to be headed for a relaunch).
- need to organise a rebranding or at least an update of the website and other information, but before investing in communication we should fix the previous point.
- my time is limited and I'd need support from community (which has been great till now): for a serious relaunch we need to work on the previous 2 points.

So well, things are progressing slowly but after 4 years we are still here with our innovative technology, which in part is still unique in the crypto world. And this is a proof that we are not a scam or P&D scheme like most of the other coins, which may have a lot of support but end up as worthless.

Thanks for your support.

Nice to hear that novaexchange.com is not closing anymore as I like to trade there and also is the best place for trading XCN at this moment.
monsspir

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:34:16 PM

it seems this project is doomed !
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6186

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:03:55 PM

I understand you partially, and I'm also a bit frustrated about the short-sighted and partly innovation-unfriendly(!) altcoin market, where shady and insignificant "partnerships" are seemingly worth more than real and problem-solving features.

The problem is that to be heard in the altcoin market with an innovative, but small (and financially not "rich") project, in my opinion, one must try to be a bit diplomatic and not only see other nerds as targets but also be a bit more open to some speculators. That does not mean to embrace PnD groups, but there is a segment of mid-to-long-term traders and investors that are in mainly for the money but also take into account "the technicals" of a coin and are, if they are convinced, likely to convert in happy "hodlers" (or even better: users) of the coin. I thought Eddy was one of this group, so I responded him. I may be wrong, but ... what do we lose if we convince him?

The way Bitcoin does it - it attracts a lot of speculative capital but stays innovative and decentralized - for me is the blueprint for how serious altcoins like XCN should try to communicate the benefits of their project.

Did you think about, some changes to code, to prove scalability?
Like variable block sizes. Or test it to at least 8-16MB ?

I mean to have read that Cryptonite has already an adaptive (and potentially unlimited?) block size. See this answer.

What version of Bitcoin is it based (seems newer like 0.1x).
I have tried to patch the client recently and it seems most of the code comes from BTC 0.9. There may be some newer backports.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
muf18

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:01:58 PM

Actually pallas fork is  0.9x code, but... what's interesting in help window show that:

Satoshi v0.1.4.0-ga9edea1-beta

So it seems it has some newer upgrade applicate for faster syncing, and running, as it seems (a lot of features from new version like window with downloaded headers/blocks with diagram),
gnasirator

Activity: 175
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:57:39 PM

Quote from: d5000
I mean to have read that Cryptonite has already an adaptive (and potentially unlimited?) block size. See this answer.

That's correct, pallas has confirmed this from the source code.
I'm planning to do some tx spamming in main or test net to see how it scales up. I think all that needs is a bash script and a linux wallet plus a hand full of xcn.

XCN: CJSECkHi7tTTTA1ze9qYRkkUCKfFiF8EEG
JustMe22

Activity: 297
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:46:55 PM

What makes you think this? You are so new in here that I doubt you know anything about this project.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6186

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:53:12 PM

What makes you think this? You are so new in here that I doubt you know anything about this project.
Don't waste your time, this account is very likely a (account-farming/shilling/auto-bumping) bot Wink  (check his or better 'its' few posts ...)

Maybe the Cryptonite developer has not paid for the associated shill campaign, and so their bots are spreading negativity and FUD here Grin

@muf18: The faster syncing is caused by the mini-blockchain scheme, which is a genuine Cryptonite innovation, or do you mean another thing?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
muf18

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:03:55 PM

I mean other things apart from that - it seems it has optimalization from 0.1x branch of bitcoin core.
y6uBaKa

Activity: 261
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:04:00 PM

link https://btc-alpha.com/coin-listing/

Coin Listing
If you own, develop or officially represent a coin, you can introduce your coin to our Exchange in two ways. The coins, which are introduced via the first method, rank in priority to all other coins.

If your coin is based on Bitcoin-technology, introducing will cost 3 BTC. If your coin is based on any other technology, cost of introducing the coin will be considered in each specific case. To do this, you should contact the support and send request for introducing a coin. Please provide full required information about your coin as listed below.
If you contact the BTC-Alpha support with the request for introducing a coin to «Coin listing» sector of the Exchange, you will not be required to provide additional information about the coin, except for its name and trading symbol.
After that you can apply to your community asking for support for your project via the votes. In case of support from community, leadership of the BTC-Alpha will consider the opportunity of introducing the coin that has received the greatest support among the users.

The coin will be introduced to the BTC-Alpha Exchange Market in case of technical capability and compliance with the following conditions.

If you send a request for introducing a coin to the BTC-Alpha Exchange Market, you should provide the following information:

link to official website of the coin;
link to official git of your node;
link to thread at bitcointalk or any similar forum or the link to your own forum;
link to blockchain that must operate thoroughly
Make sure your git includes technical guidelines required for compilation and installation of the node.

The coin's developer is obliged to report all technical issues in terms of coin, node, block explorer, and all the forks beforehand.

Developers are responsible for all the losses caused by technical problems related to the node or forks.

After the first consideration of your request, you will be offered to transfer payment to the specified account in case of technical capability. The work on the coin is considered to be started the day 00:00 UTC following the day the payment was received. The coin based on Bitcoin-technology will be introduced within 3-5 banking days. The term of introducing the coin that is based on other technologies, will be considered in each specific case. Duration of introducing the above-mentioned coin depends on the quality of node's documentation and efficiency of feedback in case of emerged technical issues.
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: