Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:49:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties!  (Read 215307 times)
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:39:46 AM

New binary release:

https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite/releases

Even if the old version will continue working, everyone is encourage to update: the use of new libraries for the build increases security, performance and compatibility with newer OS versions.

Cool will update asap, thanks for the heads up dev!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:13:30 AM

Finally I get my hands on some Cryptonite.
Now we can swap xD.
Kidding.
Btw. counterfainted coins are black listed, and can't get to circulating supply, within network (only on chinese exchanges) yes?

Also we could make test on throughput of network and how it would handle it, with some batch scripting, if there would be some participants to it.

So guys what do you think?

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6254

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:44:03 AM

Thanks for your efforts to list the coin at Freiexchange. Maybe they can evolve into a sort of "hidden gems exchange". Wink

this is a side effect of mini-blockchain: if you sync from scratch and use an existing wallet, you loose information about the old transactions you did with that same wallet.
you can keep the old chain data ("blocks" folder), or use the blockchain snapshot (see first post), to recover that information.
Interesting. Would it cost a big effort to add a "database" to the wallet with information about past transactions which wouldn't get lost if the blockchain is re-synced?

One could do something similar, in a manual way, exporting the JSON data about past transactions regularly and "bundling" them to a "poor man's database", but an automatic feature would be very fine - above all for people who like or even need to do some advanced accounting, like merchants and other crypto enterprises.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:25:42 PM

Thanks for your efforts to list the coin at Freiexchange. Maybe they can evolve into a sort of "hidden gems exchange". Wink

this is a side effect of mini-blockchain: if you sync from scratch and use an existing wallet, you loose information about the old transactions you did with that same wallet.
you can keep the old chain data ("blocks" folder), or use the blockchain snapshot (see first post), to recover that information.
Interesting. Would it cost a big effort to add a "database" to the wallet with information about past transactions which wouldn't get lost if the blockchain is re-synced?

One could do something similar, in a manual way, exporting the JSON data about past transactions regularly and "bundling" them to a "poor man's database", but an automatic feature would be very fine - above all for people who like or even need to do some advanced accounting, like merchants and other crypto enterprises.

A "manual" approach is already available: using the public blockchain snapshot or a backup of your own chain (which will be much smaller).
Part of the information is already saved in the wallet, we could eventually try to add the missing information so the user doesn't see an incomplete transaction data.
I wonder how much bigger the wallet file would become, though.

d5000
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:34:12 PM

A "manual" approach is already available: using the public blockchain snapshot or a backup of your own chain (which will be much smaller).

Thanks. I don't like this approach very much because it implies some centralization - even if it's not likely that it can be abused as XCN isn't suitable for "timestamping" purposes (like Factom). For now, I would prefer to export my transactions every week.

Part of the information is already saved in the wallet, we could eventually try to add the missing information so the user doesn't see an incomplete transaction data.
That would be the approach I would favour. Maybe a separate file can be added so the wallet file isn't cluttered with transaction data?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:49:57 PM

Thanks. I don't like this approach very much because it implies some centralization - even if it's not likely that it can be abused as XCN isn't suitable for "timestamping" purposes (like Factom). For now, I would prefer to export my transactions every week.

That would be the approach I would favour. Maybe a separate file can be added so the wallet file isn't cluttered with transaction data?

In the end it's just your blockchain data. Everyone's different because it starts collecting full tx data a couple weeks before your first use. You could backup it along with the wallet (i.e. blocks/ and trie.dat, with wallet.dat).

muf18

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:00:05 PM

I today tried to make performance test on network, and it wasn't so favourable - I thought that with 60sec blocks, it will get at least 1 confirmation in faster time, than 10min.
I have set one time minimal fee, second time it was the highest fee (1XCN), and it was the same, I waited 8-10 min to get 1 conf, rest confirmation were faster, but 10 min for 1 conf, with empty blockchain is a little disappointing
Slimcoin is processing faster transactions, which was strange for me, because it has slower block times (90 sec).

Also wallet is quite memory hungry - on my computers it consumes 800-900mb of ram, in comparison to 600mb consumed by Slimcoin node, and 200mb by Peercoin node (all fully synchronized).
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:48:24 PM

I today tried to make performance test on network, and it wasn't so favourable - I thought that with 60sec blocks, it will get at least 1 confirmation in faster time, than 10min.
I have set one time minimal fee, second time it was the highest fee (1XCN), and it was the same, I waited 8-10 min to get 1 conf, rest confirmation were faster, but 10 min for 1 conf, with empty blockchain is a little disappointing
Slimcoin is processing faster transactions, which was strange for me, because it has slower block times (90 sec).

Also wallet is quite memory hungry - on my computers it consumes 800-900mb of ram, in comparison to 600mb consumed by Slimcoin node, and 200mb by Peercoin node (all fully synchronized).

Confirmation time depends on hashrate, difficulty and luck.
In average, shorter block time will always be faster.
Also what is important and would be interesting to test is tx throughput.

muf18

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:57:32 PM

I agree.
I see that in the client there is an option to sent coins to mulitply addresses, but probably it would be better to make a batch script for it.

I have bought a handful of coins to test network, but would somebody willing to test it setting up a 10-20 nodes to sent it to them simultaneously.

Without it, it's hard to test with 2-3 computers, throughput of network. I can't make a couple of VMs, but it won't be enough.

I thought this could be an alternative to DPoS, in terms of performance, but it looks like decentralization can't be scalable.
So I think in the future we will see more centralizated solutions like DPoS taking over, or Ethereum sharding, or Bitcoin second layer solution.

Just blockchain looks like in current form can't be scalable, with standard (POW/POS) consensus algorythms.
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 10:45:02 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 04:39:09 AM by 9Bank

what am i missing to import a XCN paper-wallet from within the new Windows wallet? i've been running 1.4.2 until today updated with the Cryptonite-0-1-5-db61.zip version.

i decided to send my XCN to a second laptop and install the db61 version (non backward compatible) then sent it back to the new empty wallet. worked fine, and still shows older transactions.

going to buy a couple Freiexchange shares too...

EDIT: next day Shocked

wasn't able to transfer from paper - changed dir to the path specified from %appdata% search. in a Windows console i entered>importprivkey [myprivatekey]

here's what Windows returned.
'importprivkey' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

e.nexus

Activity: 96
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:11:23 AM

what am i missing to import a XCN paper-wallet from within the new Windows wallet? i've been running 1.4.2 until today updated with the Cryptonite-0-1-5-db61.zip version.

i decided to send my XCN to a second laptop and install the db61 version (non backward compatible) then sent it back to the new empty wallet. worked fine, and still shows older transactions.

going to buy a couple Freiexchange shares too...

In console use:

importprivkey [yourprivatekey]
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:57:40 AM

Now we can swap xD.
Kidding.
Btw. counterfainted coins are black listed, and can't get to circulating supply, within network (only on chinese exchanges) yes?

Also we could make test on throughput of network and how it would handle it, with some batch scripting, if there would be some participants to it.

Is there a swap undergoing or planned, as I hold some coins too.
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:42:30 PM

Now we can swap xD.
Kidding.

Is there a swap undergoing or planned, as I hold some coins too.

We talked about a possible coin swap to have a clean blockchain. Nothing planned yet. It should go along with the rebranding.

d5000
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:55:27 PM

I have bought a handful of coins to test network, but would somebody willing to test it setting up a 10-20 nodes to sent it to them simultaneously.

Without it, it's hard to test with 2-3 computers, throughput of network. I can't make a couple of VMs, but it won't be enough.
I am interested in such a kind of performance test and would like to participate, but in the next weeks I have not so much time for it. In mid to late April, it would be possible for me. I'll confirm in 2-3 weeks.

It would be reasonable to use a test network for that. Is there currently a XCN testnet running?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:58:42 PM

I am interested in such a kind of performance test and would like to participate, but in the next weeks I have not so much time for it. In mid to late April, it would be possible for me. I'll confirm in 2-3 weeks.

It would be reasonable to use a test network for that. Is there currently a XCN testnet running?

I don't think so but we can quickly set it up.
Thanks.

gnasirator

Activity: 175
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:07:11 AM

Thanks.

well, just using the live net would be doable, too. TX fees are literally nothing, so would be interesting to compare testnet vs live.
I'm surprised about the initial report of having 8-10 min confirmation time. Whenever I did a transfer, it was visible the same instant (sent around the world, NZ -> Germany while talking on phone) and confirmed within the next block.
Keep in mind that with withdrawal limits in place, technically, no confirmation is required and instant tx is possible. This feature needs more support in the wallet to be actually usable but the foundation is there!

XCN: CJSECkHi7tTTTA1ze9qYRkkUCKfFiF8EEG
e.nexus

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:13:26 AM

Thanks.

well, just using the live net would be doable, too. TX fees are literally nothing, so would be interesting to compare testnet vs live.
I'm surprised about the initial report of having 8-10 min confirmation time. Whenever I did a transfer, it was visible the same instant (sent around the world, NZ -> Germany while talking on phone) and confirmed within the next block.
Keep in mind that with withdrawal limits in place, technically, no confirmation is required and instant tx is possible. This feature needs more support in the wallet to be actually usable but the foundation is there!

I think when they tested the diff was high and Mr 10GH had just left.
muf18

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:18:36 AM

Thanks.

I don't know why it was like that maybe ot confirmed faster, but in client it showed first confirmation after 8 min, and I checked it. 5 confirmations more come in 5 min, so it was strange.
Btw. do you think that if it would be rebranded, you could change from PoW to PoS? I mean 4 years distrubution is a lot, and PoS could be more robust, and more energy efficient.
e.nexus

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:24:31 PM

Thanks.

I don't know why it was like that maybe ot confirmed faster, but in client it showed first confirmation after 8 min, and I checked it. 5 confirmations more come in 5 min, so it was strange.
Btw. do you think that if it would be rebranded, you could change from PoW to PoS? I mean 4 years distrubution is a lot, and PoS could be more robust, and more energy efficient.

With 1 minute block times, when the global hash drops by 85% it will take that long until the diff lowers.
gnasirator

Activity: 175
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:13:26 AM

Thanks.

With 1 minute block times, when the global hash drops by 85% it will take that long until the diff lowers.

Ah yes, Mr 10 GH could've been the culprit there ...
Nevertheless, the tx should appear as unconfirmed pretty much right away.

XCN: CJSECkHi7tTTTA1ze9qYRkkUCKfFiF8EEG
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: