Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:34:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:07:11 AM

This project is dead?  First the multiple delays in when snapshot and token swap will happen.  Then you screw everyone who held their SPR on bittrex waiting for swap.  Now multiple week delay to launch wallet?  Any trust in this project should be gone at this point. 

There were delays because the community demanded and exchange for the snapshot. They announced in advance that Bittrex would not be handling the swap and offered Bittrex Helium for anyone that didn't get the news and held their coins there. They did not promise a date to launch the wallet and make Helium chain go live, they are working on it. These are all signs of a well thought out project, they aren't rushing anything.

When did they offer Helium for anyone who held their coins at Bittrex? I know a few people who asked the founder how to get helium and was told to contact Bittrex and try to get them on board.  After Back and forth with Bittrex they said that they wouldn't be doing anything to swap the coins so we gave up.

The whole time, it was announced they were going to bittrex and in talks with them.  Then all of a sudden 1 week before the airdrop they change to Cryptopia and give no notice except in slack.  They didn't even bother to update the front page of their ANN or anywhere on their website with this info.  So after pushing the airdrop date for months, they announce a diff exchange and the only place that you could find that info was slack. 

So announcing a new exchange for the swap 1 week prior after months of delay is good practice with you?  not having any peep or wallet up weeks later is good practice also? Not even bothering to update their ANN/Website with Swap details also?  You're shilling hard to even suggest that this process was handled well

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitJunkie556

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:40:15 AM

So the newest Twitter update looks pretty sweet.

https://twitter.com/HeliumPay/status/932806067255480320

But are they just stalling, or is the launch really as imminent as they're making it sound? Hopefully the latter. I don't mind waiting, but on the other hand I do because the anticipation is killing me!

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:35:17 PM

When did they offer Helium for anyone who held their coins at Bittrex? I know a few people who asked the founder how to get helium and was told to contact Bittrex and try to get them on board.  After Back and forth with Bittrex they said that they wouldn't be doing anything to swap the coins so we gave up.

The whole time, it was announced they were going to bittrex and in talks with them.  Then all of a sudden 1 week before the airdrop they change to Cryptopia and give no notice except in slack.  They didn't even bother to update the front page of their ANN or anywhere on their website with this info.  So after pushing the airdrop date for months, they announce a diff exchange and the only place that you could find that info was slack. 

So announcing a new exchange for the swap 1 week prior after months of delay is good practice with you?  not having any peep or wallet up weeks later is good practice also? Not even bothering to update their ANN/Website with Swap details also?  You're shilling hard to even suggest that this process was handled well

I believe it was clearly stated, multiple times, the safest places for your coins is your wallet.  Not an exchange.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:27:04 PM

So the newest Twitter update looks pretty sweet.

https://twitter.com/HeliumPay/status/932806067255480320

But are they just stalling, or is the launch really as imminent as they're making it sound? Hopefully the latter. I don't mind waiting, but on the other hand I do because the anticipation is killing me!

nice updates from the official twitter of Helium ,,
i hope still in this years the mainnet will be launch

thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:19:59 PM

This project is dead?  First the multiple delays in when snapshot and token swap will happen.  Then you screw everyone who held their SPR on bittrex waiting for swap.  Now multiple week delay to launch wallet?  Any trust in this project should be gone at this point. 

There were delays because the community demanded and exchange for the snapshot. They announced in advance that Bittrex would not be handling the swap and offered Bittrex Helium for anyone that didn't get the news and held their coins there. They did not promise a date to launch the wallet and make Helium chain go live, they are working on it. These are all signs of a well thought out project, they aren't rushing anything.

I got news that it was going to be on Cryptopia from this thread. coins101 made a statement that they are trying to get Bittrex support to swap people that held there accidently, he said the Helium team offered Helium to Bittrex to accommodate them.

lijoe408

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:26:04 PM

I believe it was clearly stated, multiple times, the safest places for your coins is your wallet.  Not an exchange.

M

Did you follow the SPR thread? multiple people were having wallet issues like no syncing due to the lack of support for SPR at that point.  There was no way that holding in SPR was any better than Bittrex.  That's why coins said he was in talk to with bittrex to facilitate the process. 

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
brownfly

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:29:51 PM

I have never had problems with syncing the SPR wallet. What I did wrong?

Bitcointalk ANNS channel: https://t.me/bitcointalkanns
lijoe408

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:34:16 PM

I got news that it was going to be on Cryptopia from this thread. coins101 made a statement that they are trying to get Bittrex support to swap people that held there accidently, he said the Helium team offered Helium to Bittrex to accommodate them.

Yes he posted it 1 week before swap in this thread and didnt even bother to post in the frontpage.  I'm happy that you were able to do the swap in time, but many of us were not.  

Yes he did offer HLM to Bittrex after the snapshot, but do you seriously think Bittrex is going to sort through thousands of transactions and balances? After the swap, people were moving their balances to Bittrex to dump SPR.  Why would an exchange do your work for you and sort through all these transactions to figure out who owns what and when they owned it.

The correct way to do this would have been to come to an agreement beforehand and swap at the same time, and if that wasn't possible then give adequate notice and make sure the information is well publicized.  You guys cannot seriously defend that this was handled well.  The fact that alot of people were left out is a testament to this.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:34:50 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 08:06:10 AM by RzeroD

Did you follow the SPR thread? multiple people were having wallet issues like no syncing due to the lack of support for SPR at that point.  There was no way that holding in SPR was any better than Bittrex.  That's why coins said he was in talk to with bittrex to facilitate the process.  

Holding your coins in a wallet is ALWAYS better than keeping them in an exchange. In fact, you didn't need to synchronize the wallet, you just needed to send your SPR to an address of which you had its private key. You could do that even with a paper wallet.

Yes he posted it 1 week before swap in this thread and didnt even bother to post in the frontpage.  I'm happy that you were able to do the swap in time, but many of us were not.  

Yes he did offer HLM to Bittrex after the snapshot, but do you seriously think Bittrex is going to sort through thousands of transactions and balances? After the swap, people were moving their balances to Bittrex to dump SPR.  Why would an exchange do your work for you and sort through all these transactions to figure out who owns what and when they owned it.

The correct way to do this would have been to come to an agreement beforehand and swap at the same time, and if that wasn't possible then give adequate notice and make sure the information is well publicized.  You guys cannot seriously defend that this was handled well.  The fact that alot of people were left out is a testament to this.

It is still your fault. It was never confirmed that Bittrex was going to support the snapshot and it was said many times that if you were not going to be up to date with the project you must move your coins to the wallet to avoid problems. In fact, anyone who had been asking and had doubts was directly recommended to leave the coins in the wallet.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:29:11 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 06:58:51 PM by sirazimuth

Yeah me too and I solo mined spreadcoin for a year 24/7 and
never had a problem with my spreadcoin wallet synching.
Oh wait, I did have another problem though. Couldn't get the vanity thing to work.
Yup, that sure was a big problem alright.
Not being able to have a vanity receiving addy..dang near killed me doncha know!! lol
I actually figured it out in the end.

Ya know I just dont understand these whiners that claim they missed out on the snapshot.
It was clearly announced that Crytopia would be used for coin swap like at least a week
before the snapshot. I actually waited a few days before putting my coins there.

Then all of a sudden 1 week before the airdrop they change to Cryptopia and give no notice except in slack.  

it absolutely was announced in this thread. One week isn't enough time to make a few mouse clicks and move your coins? Please...
I have never used Slack and I moved my coins to Cryptopia 3 days before snapshot. Took me all of 5 minutes....

Not only that, you didn't even have to move them , holding in wallet woulda been fine....

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
PowerHemp
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Ganja <3

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:20:28 AM

Oh wait, I did have another problem though. Couldn't get the vanity thing to work.
Not being able to have a vanity receiving addy..dang near killed me doncha know!! lol

Ya know I just dont understand these whiners that claim they missed out on the snapshot.
It was clearly announced that Crytopia would be used for coin swap like at least a week
before the snapshot. I actually waited a few days before putting my coins there.

Then all of a sudden 1 week before the airdrop they change to Cryptopia and give no notice except in slack.  

it absolutely was announced in this thread. One week isn't enough time to make a few mouse clicks and move your coins? Please...
I have never used Slack and I moved my coins to Cryptopia 3 days before snapshot. Took me all of 5 minutes....

Not only that you didn't even have to move them , holding in wallet woulda been fine....

yeah haha i never used slack for helium and i sent before snapshot my spr from my desktop wallet to cryptopia.. so if you are not activ and you dont hold the coins in the wallet its your own fault.
lijoe408

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:38:10 PM

Not only that, you didn't even have to move them , holding in wallet woulda been fine....

Not sure what you're arguing?  You're saying that I had one week to move the coin which would have taken me 5 mins?  I'm telling you I didn't know about the switch to cryptopia.  Yes I could have checked this thread more frequently, and I did do so for a while.  However the  date was originally stated months ago and kept getting pushed back week after week.  You guys can defend all you want, and i'm sure you will b/c of your own stake in the project.  Good luck to you guys, but doesn't change the fact that this was handled very poorly. 

This whole timeline makes no sense.  Why not give more than a weeks notice, especially if your wallet is not even ready for over a month after? Why approach an exchange like bittrex afterwards unless you know that alot of people were left out. 

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:55:43 PM

Not sure what you're arguing?  You're saying that I had one week to move the coin which would have taken me 5 mins?  I'm telling you I didn't know about the switch to cryptopia.  Yes I could have checked this thread more frequently, and I did do so for a while.  However the  date was originally stated months ago and kept getting pushed back week after week.  You guys can defend all you want, and i'm sure you will b/c of your own stake in the project.  Good luck to you guys, but doesn't change the fact that this was handled very poorly. 

This whole timeline makes no sense.  Why not give more than a weeks notice, especially if your wallet is not even ready for over a month after? Why approach an exchange like bittrex afterwards unless you know that alot of people were left out. 

To err is human; to blame it on the other guy is even more human.
jjjordan

Activity: 271

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:35:10 PM

...I'm telling you I didn't know about the ...

And who's fault is this? I'd love to see you arguing with a police officer or a judge with that reasoning...

The airdrop was not to be "fair" to everybody, it was done to create a way out for SPR investors by getting a head start with HLM.
And it is great for HLM too, since it will start with a lot of coins in circulation - great for some market stability.

It was also seen by speculators (aka traders) as an easy way to gain profit. Also a reason for them to keep SPR at bittrex.
At many occasions (for months) it was strongly recommended to put all your funds in a wallet. You didn't know? Again - who's fault is that?
thesavoyard

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:07:38 PM

Not sure what you're arguing?  You're saying that I had one week to move the coin which would have taken me 5 mins?  I'm telling you I didn't know about the switch to cryptopia.  Yes I could have checked this thread more frequently, and I did do so for a while.  However the  date was originally stated months ago and kept getting pushed back week after week.  You guys can defend all you want, and i'm sure you will b/c of your own stake in the project.  Good luck to you guys, but doesn't change the fact that this was handled very poorly. 

He does make legit points, but you really can't blame the core team. They tried to get Bittrex onboard, Cryptopia stepped up. It was the demand for an exchange that kept delaying the project, so coins101 decided to move forward as soon as he got an exchange on board. It is a matter of circumstance.

Is there any way they can prove the owned SPR on Bittrex during the snapshot? Are the coins kept in individual wallets or in a pool that has multiple public addresses? This is exactly why we need NVO, we shouldn't have to let an exchange control our coins in order to trade.

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:10:25 PM

...I'm telling you I didn't know about the ...

And who's fault is this? I'd love to see you arguing with a police officer or a judge with that reasoning...

The airdrop was not to be "fair" to everybody, it was done to create a way out for SPR investors by getting a head start with HLM.
And it is great for HLM too, since it will start with a lot of coins in circulation - great for some market stability.

It was also seen by speculators (aka traders) as an easy way to gain profit. Also a reason for them to keep SPR at bittrex.
At many occasions (for months) it was strongly recommended to put all your funds in a wallet. You didn't know? Again - who's fault is that?

...Yes I could have checked this thread more frequently, ....

I rest my case...

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:05:27 AM

Can the team at least let us know if Helium launch will occur in December or are we looking at 2018? Its not asking too much to peg a month down if not an exact date. Mystery's are fun but everything should also be in moderation and the twitter teasers are killing me at this point. All of us in x11 coins need a hero and hope this is the one.
BitJunkie556

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:42:49 AM

Can the team at least let us know if Helium launch will occur in December or are we looking at 2018? Its not asking too much to peg a month down if not an exact date. Mystery's are fun but everything should also be in moderation and the twitter teasers are killing me at this point. All of us in x11 coins need a hero and hope this is the one.

Yeah I agree. The twitter posts seem to be hinting at an imminent launch, but aren't really saying anything in particular...

Devs, throw us a bone!

thesavoyard

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:18:08 AM

The last coins101 said is he doesn't see why the launch wouldn't be this month. That doesn't exclude unforeseen delays, let's just hope everything goes well.

brainz1985

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:31:53 AM

I will be waiting for the full released information about this project, what i have read so far seems encouraging
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: