Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:07:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool!  (Read 123663 times)
BurningToad (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 11:10:15 PM

You can now hide all those extra workers you created.

What happens when you hide a worker that you are currently mining with? I assume that would screw things up, right? You should probably only show the hide button if the worker is idle (when it's red).

Also, can you please sort the worker list by name? Thanks!

All done, thanks!

Well, I still show the hide button, but it won't do anything if the miner is active.

I still need to add a "unhide all" button.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 10:10:41 AM

Related to the "block didn't show up in stats" problem, is the incorrect block number problem.

For example..... we just found two blocks in a row!  

We found block 135,888, followed by block 135,889.  However, in the stats, it thinks the second block is 135,890, because it was found in the same 5 minute interval as 135,889, and it just gets the latest block number in that interval as the one we found.

Anyways, another thing I need to fix, though it doesn't actually cause any problems...

Anyways... we just found two blocks in sequence!!! How awesome is that???

gentakin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 10:59:10 AM

We found block 135,888, followed by block 135,889.  However, in the stats, it thinks the second block is 135,890, because it was found in the same 5 minute interval as 135,889, and it just gets the latest block number in that interval as the one we found.

Thanks for taking a close look at these things. It makes you wonder how many blocks other simplecoin-based pools found without noticing! (And then silently taking the unaccounted and unexpected 50BTC for themselves. Wink)

1HNjbHnpu7S3UUNMF6J9yWTD597LgtUCxb
BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 11:09:02 AM

Thanks for taking a close look at these things. It makes you wonder how many blocks other simplecoin-based pools found without noticing! (And then silently taking the unaccounted and unexpected 50BTC for themselves. Wink)

Hehe, hopefully none!  I think we are the highest-load simplecoin based pool, so things are likely to show up here first.  Plus, I have plenty of custom code that could make things differ a bit from other pools.

FreeJAC

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 03:38:53 PM

Wow! seems odd to not have a block in the pipeline.  Grin

I'm sure another will come along soon....

Donate here.... 18NiDLDA3qRxkEPN36xrzsdSgvEkbDKgNr
BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 03:54:26 PM

So, most of you have noticed that the server has some load issues when doing stats / share calculations when blocks reach 120 confirmations.  It depends on round length, but this would usually cause server slowdowns for about 10 minutes every 12 hours.

These calculations are not actually used for payouts at all anymore.  They used to be, for the proportional system, but now they are just for stats purposes.  This is how you can see your historical shares per round and things like that. 

My question is, do people still care about personal shares per round with the SMPPS system?  One solution it to remove these kinds of stats.  SMPPS shares are counted as they come in, and that is how payments are decided. It isn't related to shares per round at all. 

So, I could provide share stats on a per-day basis, as that is how SMPPS stats are aggregated (like the daily earnings chart.)  This would not be a rolling 24 hours, as that requires a lot more storage similar to the current system, but a hard reset each UTC day.  Though, I suppose I could change this to an hourly system to give better granularity.

Anyways... just kinda thinking aloud.  I will try and improve this issue when I get the time.

Thanks.

Zoomer

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 06:48:39 PM

All new accounts (as in, you haven't registered an account yet) will have their default donation set to 1%.  This value can still be changed in the account details to anything from 0 to 100%.  
BT, do you have a tradehill link?

1% is fair and is pretty much what he needs to break even based on the numbers crunched by another contributor earlier.
The_JMiner

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 10:55:51 PM

So, most of you have noticed that the server has some load issues when doing stats / share calculations when blocks reach 120 confirmations.  It depends on round length, but this would usually cause server slowdowns for about 10 minutes every 12 hours.

These calculations are not actually used for payouts at all anymore.  They used to be, for the proportional system, but now they are just for stats purposes.  This is how you can see your historical shares per round and things like that. 

My question is, do people still care about personal shares per round with the SMPPS system?  One solution it to remove these kinds of stats.  SMPPS shares are counted as they come in, and that is how payments are decided. It isn't related to shares per round at all. 

So, I could provide share stats on a per-day basis, as that is how SMPPS stats are aggregated (like the daily earnings chart.)  This would not be a rolling 24 hours, as that requires a lot more storage similar to the current system, but a hard reset each UTC day.  Though, I suppose I could change this to an hourly system to give better granularity.

Anyways... just kinda thinking aloud.  I will try and improve this issue when I get the time.

Thanks.

I think all the data is important
Also could you also break down the data? I hate to sound ignorant but after thinking about it I am not sure I even fully understand it. What is considered by "unconfirmed" coins? Unpaid Work? or Paid Work? Thanks!

Wuked

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 11:06:06 PM

Thanks.

I think all the data is important
Also could you also break down the data? I hate to sound ignorant but after thinking about it I am not sure I even fully understand it. What is considered by "unconfirmed" coins? Unpaid Work? or Paid Work? Thanks!

Unconfirmed Coins will be money you are owed that hasn't yet reached the 120 confirmations that the pools need to confirm their 50BTC block reward. When the reward equals 50BTC your reward will move from unconfirmed to confirmed.

BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 11:08:36 PM

Actually Wuked, it is a little different here due to SMPPS.  There are no personal unconfirmed rewards, only for the pool.

Unconfirmed BTC is the BTC we are waiting on from generated blocks.  The pool doesn't get the 50 BTC from a block until they are confirmed.

Unpaid work is your credit for submitting shares that hasn't been paid to you yet.  Paid work is credit for shares that you have been paid for.  When you are paid, your Current Balance is increased by the amount that is added to paid work.  When you have a current balance, you can withdraw it at any time to your personal wallet.

Right now we have a positive confirmed BTC buffer, so we do payouts every time the total unpaid work for the pool is 10 BTC or more.  At that point, each person has their Paid work increased by their unpaid work, then unpaid work goes to 0.  Once again, this is because the pool has a surplus of BTC to pay right now.

Wuked

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 11:13:14 PM

Actually Wuked, it is a little different here due to SMPPS.  There are no personal unconfirmed rewards, only for the pool.

Unconfirmed BTC is the BTC we are waiting on from generated blocks.  The pool doesn't get the 50 BTC from a block until they are confirmed.

Unpaid work is your credit for submitting shares that hasn't been paid to you yet.  Paid work is credit for shares that you have been paid for.  When you are paid, your Current Balance is increased by the amount that is added to paid work.  When you have a current balance, you can withdraw it at any time to your personal wallet.

Right now we have a positive confirmed BTC buffer, so we do payouts every time the total unpaid work for the pool is 10 BTC or more.  At that point, each person has their Paid work increased by their unpaid work, then unpaid work goes to 0.  Once again, this is because the pool has a surplus of BTC to pay right now.

Ah O.K - I do apologise. It's a bit different for SMPPS Smiley

Are you going to get screwed if you get an invalid block ?

goldcd

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 12:30:26 AM

Had a slow start, but pretty much ever since then seems to have been pulling in way over the average.
Reason I mention bring this up again is that I'd have assumed buffer should be +/- 50 (on average and tend to zero), it's now running at +250
BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 12:31:23 AM

We haven't had any invalid blocks yet.  It wouldn't mean much really, it would just be like not finding a block.  Factors in to all the luck stuff.

BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 12:32:42 AM

Had a slow start, but pretty much ever since then seems to have been pulling in way over the average.
Reason I mention bring this up again is that I'd have assumed buffer should be +/- 50 (on average and tend to zero), it's now running at +250

We are still much smaller than the large pools, so variance is still a huge factor.

If I ever decide to shut down the pool with a large buffer, I would pay out the buffer based on all PPS shares submitted, increasing the value of each share basically.  If we are negative though, I would have paid out all we could proportionally anyways.

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 07:13:44 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2011, 04:04:04 PM by farfiman

3 blocks in a row between 130k - 400k   thats extremely lucky
and no mega rounds of 4M-8M   like other pools...  I think not even a 3M ...

Average around 1M in last 30 rounds or so....

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
FreeJAC

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 02:24:35 AM

We are going to be hit hard soon aren't we? It has to swing towards the unlucky side soon?

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 04:49:38 AM

We are going to be hit hard soon aren't we? It has to swing towards the unlucky side soon?

Look at the stats now...even better. The buffer has swelled to like, 350btc in two weeks or so.

It doesn't 'have' to swing in any direction. Probability says it should, but that hasn't meant much thus far, and our past performance has no bearing upon the future, so it's not like our lucky streak will come back to haunt us. We've just been on fire since the first block.
Meatball

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 11:30:55 AM

That's the great thing about PPS, we could hit a 20 million share round, but that buffer will keep paying out per share...
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 12:09:35 PM

That's the great thing about PPS, we could hit a 20 million share round, but that buffer will keep paying out per share...

Dont think I ever saw a 20Mil  but you could get a few 4-8 Mil  in a row...   still the buffer would have plenty

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
FreeJAC

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 03:57:12 PM

PPS rocks! Now i just need more shares!  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: