Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:23:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool!  (Read 123660 times)
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 12:51:09 AM

Its a 10" rhino carbon filter attached to a 12" Fan (1440m3) which is attached to a 10" silencer. Windows open in the room and that blows all the air out. The room is about 10-15m3!!! lol. Basically it sucks all the air in the room out in less than 30 seconds bringing new air through the windows. Attached to a tempreture controller at 20 degree Celcious. As i say, its just stuff i have hanging around Smiley

Why run the carbon scrubber? They are expensive as shit and for a whole different purpose.

Let's just say my experience is not in server cooling, but throttling a 12" fan to 10", particularly with a muffler, is costing you some electricity. It the controller a rheostat, or thermostat? You can throttle that centrifugal fan with a controller such as this: http://www.randmsupply.com/productdisp.php?pid=917&navid=33 and it'll tend to run more efficiently than hard stops and starts.

I also have a lot of HVAC stuff lying around...Wink

Carbon filter was lying around Wink Or not in use right now should i say Smiley And it protects against the blades on the fan which ARE DEADLY! Trust me, you want something there!!!. I use reducers from 12" off the fan to 10", why would this cost electricity? that makes no sense? haha. I use a propper fan controller i use for keeping rooms, well, the right tempreture.... Smiley It controls intakes and out takes every second and corrects the fan speed to the room tempreture you want. I deal with alot of heat in my work, so getting rid is something i do. Here.. http://www.growmorehydroponics.co.uk/sms-twin-fan-controller-241-p.asp Its the nuts Smiley

And hvac, Just too costly, at least for me running 11 cards presently. And as i said, i think my way will work just as good upto 40-50 GPU's with the right setup AND cost next to nothing to run. HVAC would cost more to setup as well. BUT... if you have it lying around.... Wink

I just meant that the carbon scrubber adds resistance, making the fan work harder. Same goes for a constricted pipe. A 12" fan is optimized for 12" ducting, restricting it causes the fan to work harder. It's probably relatively insignificant, but as you know, every watt counts. BTW, my last pull was .48gpw with AC and ventilation included.

That fan controller you linked is nice. I've got a buddy who runs their CO2 controller and swears by it.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitfoo
Donator

Activity: 289

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 01:33:58 AM

I cultivate medical cannabis for a neurological condition stemming from being hit by a drunk driver. If you are indeed from the southwest, you should be well aware of the existence of medical cannabis laws allowing for the safe and secure procurement and production of medication. No laws are being broken, no forum operator is at risk, nor am I at risk because of my garden. LE has seen it, chuckled about it with me, and gone on their day.

It's still illegal under US federal law, so I'd still err on the side of caution when it comes to talking about this on a public internet forum.

RandyFolds

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 01:40:12 AM

I cultivate medical cannabis for a neurological condition stemming from being hit by a drunk driver. If you are indeed from the southwest, you should be well aware of the existence of medical cannabis laws allowing for the safe and secure procurement and production of medication. No laws are being broken, no forum operator is at risk, nor am I at risk because of my garden. LE has seen it, chuckled about it with me, and gone on their day.

It's still illegal under US federal law, so I'd still err on the side of caution when it comes to talking about this on a public internet forum.

I think the federal government has bigger fish to fry than shaking down my personal garden. Look at icmag or weedtracker...talk is just talk, and an ip address is not a person, particularly on open wifi.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 03:07:42 AM

Hello everyone... I've got a second server set up now. 

If you want to help me test, you can set your miners to: server2.arsbitcoin.com   There is currently no load balancing.  Everything should work/look the same as if you were mining on the main server.  There is a new stat on the right of the pool stats page that shows the total hashrate for each server.  You might see lower stale rates on server2 because it has a lower load.  server2 might also crash and burn and steal all your BTC Wink (thats my disclaimer).

Also, server2.arsbitcoin.com accepts mining on port 80.

I have been running on server2 for almost a day and am very pleased with the results. Stales are now below .2% for day. Amazing. Expect some BTC coming your way BurningToad.
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 04:39:46 AM

My stales are about the same. I got some tinkering to do...
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 07:59:04 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2011, 08:39:25 AM by m3sSh3aD

DOwn to 0.2-0.3ish from 0.5+ Although i started around the 0.3 and it went upto 0.5 Smiley But, getteing better results on server 2 Smiley

IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW IN THE UK/USA, ITS AGAINST LEGALISRATION, which are 2 VERY VERY DIFFERENT THINGS! Although alot would tell you there both the same! And want you to think that. LAW, or COMMON LAW as its known, IS LAW! Quick summery, DOnt cause LOSS or HARM intentionally, 2. Respect your fellow people. Simple but effective, what people need. LEGAL stuff CANNOT have the power/authority of LAW until THE GOVERENED (YOU) AGREES AND UNDERSTANDS (STAND UNDER, AS WELL AS UNDERSTAND). To do this, give your name and birthdate. By doing that you agree and stand under the officer you are speaking to and instantly puts you into there system AND YOUVE AGREED THAT LEGISTRAION IS LAW! WHy do you think they want your name and D.O.B (of your fictional being (Mr R.B. Smith)) so quickly. Police are not trained to know this. Not many even relise this, i bet alot less in the USA too.

ENd of the day, legistration is the work of the powers that be cause they knew they couldnt pass these things as law. All they did is made you think legal stuff is LAW, when its not. Hell of alot of ADVICE on this site...

www.tpuc.org/

Dont get too caught up with stuff on there, Just get the facts and do what you will with them. I believe people in the forums of that site are making big pushes, at least in the uk and have ALOT of info on discovering whats going on and who the real culprits are of allowing the powers that be continue. But like most, it all get a bit culty for me once things get so big. Im more like a bill hicks, Sole activist Smiley

Believe me though, People are not going be happy and your going have to fight for your right to TRUE FREEDOM! you were signed over to the system when your birth certificate was signed. I have a friend who lost a leg, brought some land and the police busted it. THey got a few plants and he refused a caution after they relised he just got £100,000, but they still took his digger etc etc. Just to be you know what. He refused the caution and appeared in CROWN court the other day. They asked him to put his  birth certificate in the dock, and read the stuff out to the piece of paper. NOT TO THE PERSON. I'll update you on what happens with this one Smiley

YOur right about the masking the fan work harder but its like you say, Not really a problem. Its only 220W max on the fan and it dont get near. It hardly moves tbh Smiley Those germans make good fans Smiley I need it on a stand also up in the air near the ceiling for best effect but them stands cost silly money (specifiically for that setup).

Tax/IRS etc is also AGAINST THE LAW, National Insurance was for people in emergenies for when people hit 'the bottom' as we can say. THAT IS NOT WHAT ITS USED FOR, its used as another tax! Theres no LAW backing tax! Simple!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKePl2gW_3M

Weird one, THIS GUYS COULD BE UP FOR PRESIDENT NEXT YEAR!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgIs6t7wr0A

Theres MUCH MUCH more out there. Just to point it out Smiley

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 08:34:08 AM

Moved over from Slush because I got tired of seeing 5 and 10 million share blocks repeatedly.  Looks like I made the top 30 - once I see how much stable it is I'll be happy to donate at least 0.5%.  Just can't figure out why my stale rate is 3.5% using GUIMiner 8-24 OpenCL  Huh
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 11:27:04 AM

Moved over from Slush because I got tired of seeing 5 and 10 million share blocks repeatedly.  Looks like I made the top 30 - once I see how much stable it is I'll be happy to donate at least 0.5%.  Just can't figure out why my stale rate is 3.5% using GUIMiner 8-24 OpenCL  Huh

I would highly recommend using one of the following:

cgminer -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0
phoenix -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6458.0

I believe that you can use phoenix within GUIMiner. I haven't used windows for mining in a while since I started using BAMT.
Meatball

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 11:58:08 AM

I don't think it's GUIMiner or the pool.  I've been using both for mining forever and my stales with the pool average around .5%.  Make sure you have the latest version of GUIMiner, but either the OpenCL or Phoenix miner should work fine.  Gotta be something on your side with your setup.  You using a wireless NIC or something?
tenzor

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 12:37:24 PM

Warning: mysql_data_seek(): Offset 0 is invalid for MySQL result index 26 (or the query data is unbuffered) in /var/www/my_stats.php on line 230

if i have 0 hash rate for last few days
woo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 04:47:34 PM

I don't think it's GUIMiner or the pool.  I've been using both for mining forever and my stales with the pool average around .5%.  Make sure you have the latest version of GUIMiner, but either the OpenCL or Phoenix miner should work fine.  Gotta be something on your side with your setup.  You using a wireless NIC or something?
Up until I moved to Ars, I used GUIMiner with Phoenix (and the updated kernels) religiously with low stales, <0.5%. I had to switch to CGMiner because that setup was giving me around 1.6% stales at Ars.  Undecided
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 06:00:57 PM

Yeah, I noticed my hasher at home which is on wired FIOS gets 0.3% stales while the ones at work are getting about 4% using a ethernet bridge or wireless adapter.  I guess latency has that effect.
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 07:37:22 PM

Yeah, I noticed my hasher at home which is on wired FIOS gets 0.3% stales while the ones at work are getting about 4% using a ethernet bridge or wireless adapter.  I guess latency has that effect.

Yeah, wireless is the killer for me. I haven't been able to get below 1% consistently, but I am also mining on my using-computer, so I am sure that contributes to the problem too. It always has higher stales than my dedicated miners.
m3sSh3aD

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 12:19:18 AM

wow, I got 0.0 stales and havnt had a wimper. simply amazing Smiley cylindrical is by far the best with pheonix kernal Smiley
m3sSh3aD

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:24:03 PM

wow, I got 0.0 stales and havnt had a wimper. simply amazing Smiley cylindrical is by far the best with pheonix kernal Smiley

Gone upto 0.23, But 0.0 to 0.3 is brilliant compared to other pols Smiley
IceyEC

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:21:29 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2011, 03:56:37 PM by IceyEC

There is some gadget for windows that can read the ARS API ??

I'm not sure what you mean by gadget but I created a web app that can use the ars API to let you track your worker stats.

https://github.com/IceyEC/bitcoin_worker_stats

He means this kind of gadget.

https://i.imgur.com/3Hcr3.png

Yes like that, there are some gadgets now, but they dont work with ARS Api.

http://bit.ly/ArsGadget

I want to warn you though, it's still in beta :-D
m3sSh3aD

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:34:11 PM

Bit of polish needed but works fine, just asphetics Smiley
IceyEC

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 05:03:08 PM

https://i.imgur.com/kEhtr.png
How's that look?
m3sSh3aD

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 02:50:45 PM

Cleaner Smiley
BurningToad (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 08:32:31 AM

Hello,

I haven't had a lot of time for the pool lately.  I just noticed we found a block on Server 2 that wasn't accounted for, for some reason.

It is this block: http://blockexplorer.com/b/144478

To account for it, I am now adding 50 BTC to the confirmed BTC buffer, so it will go from 14300 to 14350, and the total buffer will go from -22 to 28.

I can look into it in more detail later. It may have had to do with some of the issues server 2 has had with pushpool.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: