Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:24:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool!  (Read 123665 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1805

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 10:33:39 PM

So ... what's the next best PPS pool?
(yeah ars is messing up again right now)
... and now it's OK again.
But seriously, since even BurningToad is saying that he doesn't care about it any more - what's everyone's opinion of what is the next best PPS pool?
(and why?)
There are plenty of them but some seem to like to charge a lot (and always have even back when bitcoins were worth a lot more)
So complaining about the price of bitcoin falling by any pool OP who was charging a high % before is an example of a pool that should be avoided in my opinion.
I'll move this question to a new thread since I guess this thread isn't really the best place to discuss where to go if ARS dies Tongue

Or instead you can start looking through the numerous threads already on the first page.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53983.0 Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 10:39:04 PM

Hi!

I moved my 10GHash/s mining rig from ArsBitcoin to EclipseMC.

It is awesome!

You can cashout your Bitcoins directly to your PayPal account! In dollars!

You can receive SMS messages when any rig goes down...

It is the best pool out there!

Cheers!
Thiago
Hotdog453

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 01:08:39 AM

So ... what's the next best PPS pool?
(yeah ars is messing up again right now)

Frankly, ARS has been "dead" since BT stopped working on it. Relying on a pool that has no operator is... ballsy? I wish BT the best in life and hope he's okay and all that, but the minute he said "Yeah... not doing this so much", it was pretty much a sure fire sign to leave Wink

As to what's the best PPS? I like ABCPool.co. I mean, it's just... mine mine mine get BTC yay yay yay.

I'm all for consistency, though. ABCPool is nothing if not consistent. I have no idea when we found a block last, nor do I care; I just get credit. Yay me.

YourBTC.net was top notch too, and they offer Namecoin as well, but I prefer the consistency of ABCPool.co, even if YourBTC might be "better" long term due to how they payout. They really need a larger hashrate to make it consistent enough for me to enjoy (not a knock against them, mind you, but if they were solving more blocks quicker, the consistency would be up).
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1805

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 02:33:54 AM

Hi!

I moved my 10GHash/s mining rig from ArsBitcoin to EclipseMC.

It is awesome!

You can cashout your Bitcoins directly to your PayPal account! In dollars!

You can receive SMS messages when any rig goes down...

It is the best pool out there!

Cheers!
Thiago
Direct to PayPal ... that sounds very interesting ...
Time to visit and find out the details Smiley

Edit:
... and ABCPool.co yeah they made it into one of the other discussions but the discussion wasn't very helpful ... OK that's 2 to check.
Thanks go to both of you Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 07:37:24 PM

The original SMPPS pool, Eligius, is still up and going. Smiley

rcsheets

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 02:35:45 PM

There is a thread for discussing alternate pools: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53983.0

Please keep the discussion in this thread to the topic of the Ars pool. I really don't think I'm asking too much here.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 03:34:40 PM

I guess i picked a bad time to try out Ars - seeing BT isn't around.

Maybe to Eligius I go...

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 07:07:21 PM

Maybe to Eligius I go...

Go with god, bro.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 03:07:27 PM

Yikes... not only did this pool have a big drop off, it has also had a huge unlucky streak!
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 04:35:04 PM

Yikes... not only did this pool have a big drop off, it has also had a huge unlucky streak!

We don't care.
This pool has been the most worthwhile for a long time.
It will all be paid out eventually if the pool doesn't close.
If it does close , most users that have been here for a while will lose
a very small amount compared to all the fees they would have payed elsewhere.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
BurningToad (OP)

Activity: 207

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 10:02:18 PM

Hello,

Sorry guys, the reality right now is:

1) I haven't done anything to improve the pool in at least a month.
2) All I've done is try and keep it up.  I usually get a text message when it messes up, but not always.  Each server (main and 2) seems to randomly fail occasionally (both PoolServerJ and pushpool.)  I haven't had time to try and figure out the root cause.  Basically PSJ/pushpool degrade after a while and need a restart.
3) I haven't done the numbers, but I'm probably losing money each day at the moment on this because EC2 is expensive and the BTC price is low.  The bill this last month was ~$400+ with the two servers + bandwidth costs.
4) I'm closer to bringing the pool down than I am to implementing merged mining or anything else.
5) I'm having some personal problems and issues just trying to do work for my real job, so the priority for this right now is very low.  In fact the pool is probably mostly still up (instead of being taken down) because it is more effort to take it down cleanly (provide notice, email everyone, resolve coin balances, etc.) than it is to keep it in its current state.

So, I apologize, but that is how things stand at the moment.  I can't guarantee anything for the future, i.e. whether I will take the pool down, or finally work on improving it, etc.

Hey guys.  I'm very sorry to have dropped off the map lately.  I've been having a number of personal issues.  One of which has affected my ability to be very social or responsive.  I really appreciate the emails and messages about trying to help out with hosting and anything at all, and I'm sorry that I have not responded to them individually.  I also really liked the community we had in the IRC channel, and I'm sorry that I've left it behind at the moment.  It looks like a lot of people have left the pool, which is completely understandable given its current condition, and I think some have just stopped mining in general.  I'm still glad to have talked to a lot of you and fun with bitcoin for a while.

Pool status as of now is about the same as it has been recently.  I try to keep it up and running, but stability has not been the greatest.  Honestly with the shape of the code base, database, etc not being easy to understand for someone else, and needed bugfixes, etc, and me not keeping up with the bitcoin scene lately, I'm not sure that transferring to another host or passing the pool on to someone else is a good idea.  The most likely result is a shutdown of the pool eventually, but I'm still not certain.  Probably be continuing the way it is over the holidays, with not much happening.  I may shut down server2 to try and save some money since we could handle all the traffic on one server now.  If I did this, I would point the DNS so that it would just use server 1, so you shouldn't have to worry about anything.  However, it would disable port 80 mining (which was down for a while anyways I think....)

I still respond to password reset emails, etc, though it tends to take me a while. 

On the bright side, looks like bitcoin price is up a little?  Thats good for everyone.  I haven't been watching it, but I would like to sell the donations I've received at some point so I can make back some of these server costs Smiley  At this point its just my own fault though, with all the offers of help, etc, to make it cheaper and such.  I don't like running a sub-par service, as it isn't cost efficient, and of course doesn't inspire people to donate since the service hasn't been good lately.  This is the most likely reason for an eventual shutdown, as I need to either improve things a lot and try and make this cost effective again, or I should just close it down to stop losing money.

If ArsBitcoin does get closed down, I will of course give notice, try to email all the accounts, provide probably 30 days of time for people to use the website to cashout, and probably 90 days of time for people to email me for manual account verification / cashout, etc.  Like i've said, this would probably be a lot of work, so the pool chugs on for now Wink

I guess you can tell I'm feeling a little better since i've actually said something... and been able to communicate.  What a wall of text....

miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 10:24:24 PM

Hey guys.  I'm very sorry to have dropped off the map lately.  I've been having a number of personal issues.

Good to see you're still around. I can sympathize.

Whatever the end decision/result, it's been a good run. Thanks for putting ArsB together.

Best to you.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 01:07:47 AM

Glad you are OK. We were worried about you!
Flip Tulipcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 01:16:25 AM

I guess you can tell I'm feeling a little better since i've actually said something... and been able to communicate.  What a wall of text....
Good work, thank you. However, nothing lasts forever, you should take care of that which is important. Best of fortunes to you.

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 05:30:37 AM

Like i've said, this would probably be a lot of work, so the pool chugs on for now Wink

As long as it does , I'll be chugging along with it Smiley

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 07:14:24 AM

Good to hear from you BT Smiley I've made my way back in to the top 40 Smiley Thats a good thing Cheesy Seriously though, ARS as/id awesome so all best to you no matter what you do Wink
Cory

Activity: 288

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 05:55:11 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 11:33:40 PM by Cory

Just found my first block ever. Block 157820. And it was with this pool. :3
thehairymob

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2011, 09:26:29 PM

Just found my first block ever. Block 15782. And it was with this pool. :3

Congrats  Grin
SistaS0uljah

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 09:55:17 PM

If ArsBitcoin does get closed down, I will of course give notice, try to email all the accounts, provide probably 30 days of time for people to use the website to cashout, and probably 90 days of time for people to email me for manual account verification / cashout, etc.  Like i've said, this would probably be a lot of work, so the pool chugs on for now Wink
I guess you can tell I'm feeling a little better since i've actually said something... and been able to communicate.  What a wall of text....
Glad to hear things are improving for you.  I do want to thank you for all you've done with this pool.  I'm a novice at this and have only mined with three pools so far, and joined your pool when Slush's pool went down for a week.  I was astonished at how much higher my payouts were on arsbitcoin than on slush, and decided to stay with you (and increased my donation level) when I saw you were having issues.  I'd love to help you keep arsbitcoin alive, but I don't think I've got the skills or experience to do anything, and just want to express my gratitude for all the work you've put into this.  Should you shutdown, I will miss you very much, and wish you all the best of fortune in the future.  You are an inspiration.
carlo

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 05:47:44 PM

I get a SSL Cert error, did something went wrong ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: