Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:11:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [0 GH/s 0% fee SMPPS] ArsBitcoin mining pool!  (Read 123657 times)
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 11:32:44 AM

Point is longterm its a zero sum game ie. overtime and over even blocks you should even out even at 0% PPS (they only pay the PPS rates once blocks are solved, there is no extra 1.5% earnings on top)
Theoretically yes. In practice there are leaks because of orphaned blocks and block withholding. Paying full PPS value is only zero sum if you can eliminate those two factors. Orphaned blocks can be eliminated by retracting payments or paying less than full PPS value; can you point out where it says Ars does any of those?

and ARS doesnt pay for orphans/invalids since it pays after 120confirms and if its invalid/orphaned you get nothing from that block.

So again, after so many blocks Im pretty sure it should be closer to even than 20-25blocks behind.
Ars doesn't pay for orphan blocks? Please provide a source for that statement. I'll provide two that seem to suggest otherwise:

On their front page it says 'You will earn (1 / difficulty) * 50 BTC per share'. A reference in this forum thread that's relevant is:
We haven't had any invalid blocks yet.  It wouldn't mean much really, it would just be like not finding a block.  Factors in to all the luck stuff.
..which also backs up my explanation: the statistical loss for the invalid block will come out of the buffer, and miners' Lifetime work is not affected. Therefore Ars pays for invalid blocks in essence by taking a loan against the last miners to quit mining there.

PS. Your whole post seems like an ABCpool advert, stay on discussion and keep the FUD.
The topic was the negative buffer, which i have given a sound explanation for. ABCPool (and your pool too) has some of the same issues that Ars does since PPS and SMPPS are similar, which is why I'm interested in this discussion in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 12:11:39 PM

Point is longterm its a zero sum game ie. overtime and over even blocks you should even out even at 0% PPS (they only pay the PPS rates once blocks are solved, there is no extra 1.5% earnings on top)
Theoretically yes. In practice there are leaks because of orphaned blocks and block withholding. Paying full PPS value is only zero sum if you can eliminate those two factors. Orphaned blocks can be eliminated by retracting payments or paying less than full PPS value; can you point out where it says Ars does any of those?

and ARS doesnt pay for orphans/invalids since it pays after 120confirms and if its invalid/orphaned you get nothing from that block.

So again, after so many blocks Im pretty sure it should be closer to even than 20-25blocks behind.
Ars doesn't pay for orphan blocks? Please provide a source for that statement. I'll provide two that seem to suggest otherwise:

On their front page it says 'You will earn (1 / difficulty) * 50 BTC per share'. A reference in this forum thread that's relevant is:
We haven't had any invalid blocks yet.  It wouldn't mean much really, it would just be like not finding a block.  Factors in to all the luck stuff.
..which also backs up my explanation: the statistical loss for the invalid block will come out of the buffer, and miners' Lifetime work is not affected. Therefore Ars pays for invalid blocks in essence by taking a loan against the last miners to quit mining there.

PS. Your whole post seems like an ABCpool advert, stay on discussion and keep the FUD.
The topic was the negative buffer, which i have given a sound explanation for. ABCPool (and your pool too) has some of the same issues that Ars does since PPS and SMPPS are similar, which is why I'm interested in this discussion in the first place.

SMPPS and straight PPS is not similar at all, and you know clearly why. What I would agree on is that there is no invalid/orphan blocks so if ars is paying out for orphan/invalid blocks then it would answer the huge backlog right now.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 01:18:33 PM

At least the ARS thread is lively again  Smiley

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 01:35:19 PM

SMPPS and straight PPS is not similar at all, and you know clearly why. What I would agree on is that there is no invalid/orphan blocks so if ars is paying out for orphan/invalid blocks then it would answer the huge backlog right now.
They're certainly not the same, but there are some relevant shared qualities between the two, like the ones I alluded to above. But then again, I guess every reward method has some shared qualities with every other Cheesy

BurningToad (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 07:52:50 PM

Hello, it appears a malicious users has logged in to 22 different accounts.  Because of the limited nature (vs all 4000+ accounts) I believe the hacker either used some brute force method, or an existing leak of usernames/passwords to try and log into accounts.  For example, the MTGox leak a while back.

I've temporarily disabled all PIN, Address, and Payout changes, so you will not be able to change your password at the moment (but neither will any hacker.)  I sent an email out to the affected accounts that I know about at the moment.

Once the malicious user got into an account, he brute forced address change attempts by trying different PIN numbers.  If he was successful, he then sent a manual payment to the new address.

So far, this appears to have only happened once (but could have been a couple more, still looking), as he could only try one PIN per second due to server restrictions.

I'll be working on changes to make this attack not possible in the future, and account changes will be disabled until then.

Malicious user information:
IP: 79.172.242.141
Malicious address: http://blockexplorer.com/address/17JuYfk8bWUHvAfRv5eF7zUic1g3qrDobz
I believe this represents the majority of any bitcoins stolen from this attack.

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:35:44 PM

Shitty. Thanks for keeping us posted.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 11:05:49 PM

Hello, it appears a malicious users has logged in to 22 different accounts.  Because of the limited nature (vs all 4000+ accounts) I believe the hacker either used some brute force method, or an existing leak of usernames/passwords to try and log into accounts.  For example, the MTGox leak a while back.

I've temporarily disabled all PIN, Address, and Payout changes, so you will not be able to change your password at the moment (but neither will any hacker.)  I sent an email out to the affected accounts that I know about at the moment.

Once the malicious user got into an account, he brute forced address change attempts by trying different PIN numbers.  If he was successful, he then sent a manual payment to the new address.

So far, this appears to have only happened once (but could have been a couple more, still looking), as he could only try one PIN per second due to server restrictions.

I'll be working on changes to make this attack not possible in the future, and account changes will be disabled until then.

Malicious address: http://blockexplorer.com/address/17JuYfk8bWUHvAfRv5eF7zUic1g3qrDobz
is it possible to allow manual payouts for people who haven't changed their payout addresses?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 11:11:40 PM

I presume you've done it already, but the whois of that IP address says it is effectively one person.
So either they were hacked or they did it:
Code:
inetnum:        79.172.242.0 - 79.172.242.255
netname:        WEBENLET-NET
descr:          Webenlet Kft.
descr:          1131 Budapest, Hajdu koz 7.
admin-c:        ZV41-RIPE
tech-c:         ZV41-RIPE
mnt-by:         DENINET-MNT
source:         RIPE # Filtered

person:         Zoltan Virag
address:        H-1132 Budapest, Victor Hugo u. 18-22.
address:        HU
phone:          +3612960075
fax-no:         +3612960076
nic-hdl:        ZV41-RIPE
e-mail:         ripe@deninet.hu
mnt-by:         DENINET-MNT
remarks:        ---------------------------------------------
remarks:        Please send all abuse and spam complaints to:
remarks:        abuse@deninet.hu
remarks:        ---------------------------------------------
source:         RIPE # Filtered

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 01:20:24 AM

I presume you've done it already, but the whois of that IP address says it is effectively one person.

Not quite - google lists that as also being the registered address of this hosting company: http://www.1b.hu/
Perhaps VPN/Proxy/Tor exit node?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4452
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 05:10:01 AM

Not quite - google lists that as also being the registered address of this hosting company: http://www.1b.hu/
Perhaps VPN/Proxy/Tor exit node?
Even if it is a company - being so small: only 254 IP addresses, would mean they'd most likely know a lot about it.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:27:17 PM

is it possible to allow manual payouts for people who haven't changed their payout addresses?

Huh

how long will the payout function disabled?

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 04:52:54 PM

I plan on getting to it today, sorry for the wait.  If you have something urgent, you can email be at burningtoad@arsbitcoin.com

Miner612

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

FPGA convert

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 07:37:53 PM

I plan on getting to it today, sorry for the wait.  If you have something urgent, you can email be at burningtoad@arsbitcoin.com

Are you running the pool again?  Or does it still suck?

You guys were bad ass for a while, then started sucking ass.  Are you bad ass again?  Are you the original guy who ran the pool when it was bad ass?

I am looking for a new home ... 10 ghash and growing.

I buy and sell GPUs, most 5850s and 7970s. 
jimzolorenzo@gmail.com  -- Make an offer.
http://myworld.ebay.com/i_buy_5850s  -- current inventory
I have a couple bare bone mining rigs for sale as well.

--------------

I bought silver from [ccliu] 5 star transaction!
I bought silver from [TECSHARE] -- shipping still
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Are you running the pool again?  Or does it still suck?

You guys were bad ass for a while, then started sucking ass.  Are you bad ass again?  Are you the original guy who ran the pool when it was bad ass?

Hi Burningtoad,
I think this is a valid question.
If the pool is not being actively supported could i suggest you remove "Come join us!" from your title. I idle in #arsbitcoin irc and many ppl that join come for support...and get none...and wander off to another pool. Current miners often join and go "why has the hasrate dropped" etc.

What are your plans for ArsBitcoin?
= SMPPS Buffer   -1,047.81461198 BTC is very big
Pool Hash Rate   314.384 Ghashes/s is ~1/3 of what it was
You had an awesome pool and this is a question the larger bitcoin community is very interested in Smiley

Hope life is treating you better Smiley
Best wishes,
Graet

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 12:11:12 PM

What is the situation with the payouts?

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Twister Trojan

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 02:11:58 PM

What is the situation with the payouts?
Any updates on this would be appreciated.

BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 10:09:55 PM

You can now make account modifications that require your PIN number again.  Email burningtoad@arsbitcoin.com if you need any assistance.

BurningToad (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 10:15:33 PM

I plan on getting to it today, sorry for the wait.  If you have something urgent, you can email be at burningtoad@arsbitcoin.com

Are you running the pool again?  Or does it still suck?

You guys were bad ass for a while, then started sucking ass.  Are you bad ass again?  Are you the original guy who ran the pool when it was bad ass?

The pool still mostly sucks.  

Actually in the recent month or so, it is fairly stable and if it messed up, I restart it.  I usually get to support emails within 7 days or so.  I'm still the original guy who ran it, but it has fallen into deep neglect.

Once I figure out the details, I will be shutting the pool down.  But basically, once I announce it, it will be something like 30 days left to mine, 60 days left to claim bitcoins on the site that may be in your account, and then 90 days until I officially close accounts (can still claim coins.)  Once I officially announce, notices will be posted on the site, all members with balances and/or recent mining activity will be emailed, etc.

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 11:49:30 PM

I plan on getting to it today, sorry for the wait.  If you have something urgent, you can email be at burningtoad@arsbitcoin.com

Are you running the pool again?  Or does it still suck?

You guys were bad ass for a while, then started sucking ass.  Are you bad ass again?  Are you the original guy who ran the pool when it was bad ass?

The pool still mostly sucks.  

Actually in the recent month or so, it is fairly stable and if it messed up, I restart it.  I usually get to support emails within 7 days or so.  I'm still the original guy who ran it, but it has fallen into deep neglect.

Once I figure out the details, I will be shutting the pool down.  But basically, once I announce it, it will be something like 30 days left to mine, 60 days left to claim bitcoins on the site that may be in your account, and then 90 days until I officially close accounts (can still claim coins.)  Once I officially announce, notices will be posted on the site, all members with balances and/or recent mining activity will be emailed, etc.

hmmm, I hope this wont happen to soon since right now I have over 200 BTC still unpaid and without a decent chance of recouping atleast some of it would simply suck. Unless you figure out a way to start rewarding only those who still mine at the pool from new blocks generated since it seems a huge volume of users simply stopped and is now piggybacking on remaining miners who still clear blocks for the pool, these loyal miners would be affected the most since they constantly will have unpaid balances.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 11:53:05 PM

hmmm, I hope this wont happen to soon since right now I have over 200 BTC still unpaid and without a decent chance of recouping atleast some of it would simply suck. Unless you figure out a way to start rewarding only those who still mine at the pool from new blocks generated since it seems a huge volume of users simply stopped and is now piggybacking on remaining miners who still clear blocks for the pool, these loyal miners would be affected the most since they constantly will have unpaid balances.
I suspect you mean extra credit. That was never promised to become Bitcoins or retain any value.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: