Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:23:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized.  (Read 108770 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 07:14:30 PM

Do any of yall remote into your computer on windows?
I am asking because all the setups i have now i can easily use a monitor and keyboard on, but once you get past a few it is going to get annoying to perform actions on a rig...
I just bought a Dell Workstation yesterday after a recommendation from someone who runs 40+ of them on garage shelving suspending the GPU's above the case with it layed on its side, $166 for a dual xeon workstation with 5 PCIe slots and 875watt proprietary PSU with Windows 10 PRO and 1YR warranty on parts and labor, reason i mentioned proprietary is because it has PEG connections on the PSU i was told and i would need adapters from PEG to ATX PCIe to power GPU's or i might even just run a 2nd PSU to make more simplified... The person i was told about this doesnt actually use the windows 10 built into the workstation, he uses bootable EthOS thumbdrives to run his rigs, but he has AMD and from what i understand ethOS does not support Nvidia

EthOS he linked me if your curious https://gpushack.com/products/ethos-16gb-usb-3-0

I use this app called mobaxterm on Windows to vnc and ssh into my windows, nvoc and smos rigs.

The mobaxterm app is installed on a old Lenovo Pentium Duo PC 8gb ram in my warehouse.

From home, I Teamviewer into this machine from my iMac and basically access all my rigs in the warehouse.

All automatic power cycle off/on/resetting functions are controlled by Tytanick's SRRv1 and soon SRRv2.

I use Windows and ethOS for my ETH rigs in the past, but now standardized on smOS Linux to simplify the entire mining operations for AMD rigs.

My NVIDIA rigs are mixed Windows and nvOC Linux.

I use TightVNC to manage the Windows rigs and SSH for smOS and nvOC if I am physically in the warehouse.

-- the Teamviewer session will be like the master console to access VNC and SSH launched from mobaxterm if I do remote from home.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/8784-seems-like-nvidia-is-making-a-video-card-especially-for-mining/

Looks like NVIDIA is ready to pounce on the mining world.... GTX-1060 Mining Edition?

"....8x of these GPUs: 200 MHS for ETH, 2500 Sol/s for ZEC, 4400 H/s for XMR...."

I honestly dont see this being a viable option really.. it has blower style cooling, which from my readings are the worst card designs to mine with due to them naturally running hotter, and you can pickup a EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB now over on newegg for $207.98 after rebate.. so if its essentially mining at the same rates, why take a 3 month warranty for roughly the same price....also what is the resell value gonna be on that card in the future....

Actually the blower/reference style design is better if you have small clearance in between cards.

Also the blower pushes air frontward and this is excellent for directing the hot air into the hot aisles -- usually this design is better for large farms.

For me, I will standardize on 1080ti and 1070, on a 5-6 x GPU rig format and manage the power requirements.

This 7-8 x GPU concept is nice to fully leverage density but the fact remains.... you need bigger PSU, better mobo, more riser BS, and probably have to babysit these rigs constantly to stabilize them.

I have learnt my lesson in my existing ETH farms, 480s, 470s, 6xGPU standard EVGA-1300w PSU, and more recently 1200w platinum server-psu/pico/bb setup. Running so stable and cool, I don't even have to worry about them too much, especially with SRR system in place -- its as good as lights-out mining operation.

I will have to do some more research on this.. from my understanding Alexis miner is only a windows thing.. so im kinda stuck on windows for now.. thus the question in regards to windows...

In regards to TeamViewer, i know very little about it, but i know what it is really.. couldn't you just team view directly to the mining rig? i know you have to know the number and password to connect, but do they expire if you just leave it open?

Also been thinking about expanding into a small warehouse myself about 35 mins from me.. some pretty affordable rates on them.. i currently have 6 x 1080ti's (sadly 2 are not mining due to issues with risers not working for me), but soon this will be corrected as new equipment will arrive over the next few days.. if i go off my average of $12.80/day per card since ive been on skein.. thats plenty to cover the rent on a warehouse to not have to worry about the issues of it overloading my condo power....

I think warehouse expansion makes a lot of sense, how would you deal with your power needs though? I doubt any 240v would be installed / how many amps would you have?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:32:19 PM

Do any of yall remote into your computer on windows?
I am asking because all the setups i have now i can easily use a monitor and keyboard on, but once you get past a few it is going to get annoying to perform actions on a rig...
I just bought a Dell Workstation yesterday after a recommendation from someone who runs 40+ of them on garage shelving suspending the GPU's above the case with it layed on its side, $166 for a dual xeon workstation with 5 PCIe slots and 875watt proprietary PSU with Windows 10 PRO and 1YR warranty on parts and labor, reason i mentioned proprietary is because it has PEG connections on the PSU i was told and i would need adapters from PEG to ATX PCIe to power GPU's or i might even just run a 2nd PSU to make more simplified... The person i was told about this doesnt actually use the windows 10 built into the workstation, he uses bootable EthOS thumbdrives to run his rigs, but he has AMD and from what i understand ethOS does not support Nvidia

EthOS he linked me if your curious https://gpushack.com/products/ethos-16gb-usb-3-0

I use this app called mobaxterm on Windows to vnc and ssh into my windows, nvoc and smos rigs.

The mobaxterm app is installed on a old Lenovo Pentium Duo PC 8gb ram in my warehouse.

From home, I Teamviewer into this machine from my iMac and basically access all my rigs in the warehouse.

All automatic power cycle off/on/resetting functions are controlled by Tytanick's SRRv1 and soon SRRv2.

I use Windows and ethOS for my ETH rigs in the past, but now standardized on smOS Linux to simplify the entire mining operations for AMD rigs.

My NVIDIA rigs are mixed Windows and nvOC Linux.

I use TightVNC to manage the Windows rigs and SSH for smOS and nvOC if I am physically in the warehouse.

-- the Teamviewer session will be like the master console to access VNC and SSH launched from mobaxterm if I do remote from home.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/8784-seems-like-nvidia-is-making-a-video-card-especially-for-mining/

Looks like NVIDIA is ready to pounce on the mining world.... GTX-1060 Mining Edition?

"....8x of these GPUs: 200 MHS for ETH, 2500 Sol/s for ZEC, 4400 H/s for XMR...."

I honestly dont see this being a viable option really.. it has blower style cooling, which from my readings are the worst card designs to mine with due to them naturally running hotter, and you can pickup a EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB now over on newegg for $207.98 after rebate.. so if its essentially mining at the same rates, why take a 3 month warranty for roughly the same price....also what is the resell value gonna be on that card in the future....

Actually the blower/reference style design is better if you have small clearance in between cards.

Also the blower pushes air frontward and this is excellent for directing the hot air into the hot aisles -- usually this design is better for large farms.

For me, I will standardize on 1080ti and 1070, on a 5-6 x GPU rig format and manage the power requirements.

This 7-8 x GPU concept is nice to fully leverage density but the fact remains.... you need bigger PSU, better mobo, more riser BS, and probably have to babysit these rigs constantly to stabilize them.

I have learnt my lesson in my existing ETH farms, 480s, 470s, 6xGPU standard EVGA-1300w PSU, and more recently 1200w platinum server-psu/pico/bb setup. Running so stable and cool, I don't even have to worry about them too much, especially with SRR system in place -- its as good as lights-out mining operation.

I will have to do some more research on this.. from my understanding Alexis miner is only a windows thing.. so im kinda stuck on windows for now.. thus the question in regards to windows...

In regards to TeamViewer, i know very little about it, but i know what it is really.. couldn't you just team view directly to the mining rig? i know you have to know the number and password to connect, but do they expire if you just leave it open?

Also been thinking about expanding into a small warehouse myself about 35 mins from me.. some pretty affordable rates on them.. i currently have 6 x 1080ti's (sadly 2 are not mining due to issues with risers not working for me), but soon this will be corrected as new equipment will arrive over the next few days.. if i go off my average of $12.80/day per card since ive been on skein.. thats plenty to cover the rent on a warehouse to not have to worry about the issues of it overloading my condo power....

I think warehouse expansion makes a lot of sense, how would you deal with your power needs though? I doubt any 240v would be installed / how many amps would you have?

From my brief conversations with the guy who answers the phone, they are all a little different from previous renters moving electrical lines and such, some have built in enclosed shops that can be removed, since they were left by previous renters... he told me they all have 200Amp Connection... so if that is true running 220-240 lines is not a big deal.. the only thing im concerned about is how to properly cool everything, they seem pretty much sealed up when the door and rollup is down...

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
Storx

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:18:30 PM

Wanted to pick yalls brains.. what 1080ti are you liking the most and why...
I have gotten to play with 3 different ones and ill report them as follow.....

1) EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming-This card seems to be the most stable out of the 3 when overclocked 250+ on core, allowing great hashrates at much lower TDP than the other 3, but fans are 2nd on noise level to maintain 69c.... CON- card is the most power hungry overall and the drop in hashrate per 1% TDP is the fastest, so seems to have the lowest range you can undervolt it before it becomes inefficient

2)MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Armor 11G OC-This card honestly sucks at 100%TDP, just horrible hashrates and heat levels... but when you undervolt this card and push the core this card is amazingly quiet and performs pretty awesome hashrates when optimized with average temperatures.... easily the most quietest card when fan speeds above 70% CON- This card seems to be hurting from temps the most or some sort of safety is set on this card more so than others.. for example i had my friends pc sitting with the side open with the temps stable at 69c at around 60% fan speed on auto.. as soon i turned on a box fan to blow on us while we played around with my other computer, the sheer cooling from the box fan immediately increased hashrates by 150-200Mh/s on skein... with reported temps of 69c...not sure where the thermal throttling is occuring or what not..

3)Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G-This card is kinda average at everything except power usage, this card has the lowest of the 3 in hashrates when tdp is lowered, but the drop off curve is the longest.. so you can push this card all the way to 50% tdp and the hashrate is way better than the top 2 cards at that level.. so i can see this card being a good card to use if you are having heat issues, because it can be reduced to 50% tdp and still manage decent hashrates and sit around 55c on air... but this card is the LOUDEST when you crank the fans up, actually kinda annoying tone to the sound..

VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:37:11 AM

@ VoskCoin yes that's pretty much what you have to do, I've been expanding trying to find more space and more power - so IMO if you've got a chance to grab it and it's affordable, do it Smiley

Stox - I'm like the EVGA SC2 and even the FE seems to be running cooler than most my other cards.

And @ Everyone else -

Man running into an issue - I have the electrician coming over later today or tomorrow but I can't decide on the 30A breaker he's installing what plug to go with -

L6-30 so I can connect PDU's is my first choice but they won't be here till next Friday.

I also have 3 APC SMT3000 UPS that can handle 3kW load each, but they run off of 120v and use L5-30 plugs so I will not be able to use them if I run 208v so I guess they'll just stay in hibernation for now
VyprBTC

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:48:48 AM

And just a side note what I'm finding the most difficult to deal with - these dang power supplies!

like 90% of my issues are the PSU's! I thought I had some bad risers, turned out, the SATA cable wasn't powering the riser correctly. Swapped to a different set and it powered up just perfect.

Also finding out, cables from different brands, DO NOT like to work with other PSU's. Rosewell definitely won't even plug into my EVGA's some proprietary plug, then some other plugs not working with Corsair or corsair not working with another. It's been nuts, but it's my fault for not standardizing which is what I will be doing next.

I literally just started dumping BTC into hardware as fast as I could, now that locations are maxing out and things slowing for me just little things I'm noticing.

Storx

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:14:22 AM

And just a side note what I'm finding the most difficult to deal with - these dang power supplies!

like 90% of my issues are the PSU's! I thought I had some bad risers, turned out, the SATA cable wasn't powering the riser correctly. Swapped to a different set and it powered up just perfect.

Also finding out, cables from different brands, DO NOT like to work with other PSU's. Rosewell definitely won't even plug into my EVGA's some proprietary plug, then some other plugs not working with Corsair or corsair not working with another. It's been nuts, but it's my fault for not standardizing which is what I will be doing next.

I literally just started dumping BTC into hardware as fast as I could, now that locations are maxing out and things slowing for me just little things I'm noticing.

This is actually why im thinking of switching over to the server PSU route.. but i didnt think about the sata power off of them.. crap..... the server psu setup i ordered only has the 6pin to 6+2 cables and breakout board... i ordered one set just to test out, the price of them is just to hard to beat honestly... now i gotta figure out what to do about the sata power now.. well back to researching

VyprBTC

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:24:18 AM

This is actually why im thinking of switching over to the server PSU route.. but i didnt think about the sata power off of them.. crap..... the server psu setup i ordered only has the 6pin to 6+2 cables and breakout board... i ordered one set just to test out, the price of them is just to hard to beat honestly... now i gotta figure out what to do about the sata power now.. well back to researching

I was thinking about server PSU's as well - The risers I have are the PCIe ones but they are 6pin to SATA; not sure but I think you can use a 6pin to 6pin instead - I haven't hit the search yet since I wasn't really thinking about it till you said that.
Storx

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:57:04 AM

I was thinking about server PSU's as well - The risers I have are the PCIe ones but they are 6pin to SATA; not sure but I think you can use a 6pin to 6pin instead - I haven't hit the search yet since I wasn't really thinking about it till you said that.

Which brand of risers are you using? all the ones i bought are 4 pin female to male sata... i for the life of me are seeing no listings for any cables from 4 pin female directly to 6 pin female, i did manage to find a listing for 100 female 6+2 PCIe connections for $25.00 shipped and a listing for 100 female 4 pin molex connectors for $17.00 shipped , but they are both coming from china, about a month on the shipping.. maybe something to look into in the future.. then you can buy a roll of high quality wire and build your own custom cables to the lengths you need going directly from the riser boards to the server psu breakout board, and then make your own cables from server psu to gpu... those connectors alone would provide you everything for like 8 complete mining rig setups using server psu's

Also could just buy the 6+2 connectors and salvage the 4 pin female molex connector that came with the riser.. just remove the pins and reuse them on new wires and add the other end with the 6+2 so you are fully covered and not going through multiple connectors.. heck years ago i did in a pinch took a psu cable i had because i had no female end cables anywhere, i just soldered them directly to the cd drive to the 4 pins.. worked flawless for years that way

Storx

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:04:07 AM

@ VoskCoin yes that's pretty much what you have to do, I've been expanding trying to find more space and more power - so IMO if you've got a chance to grab it and it's affordable, do it Smiley

Stox - I'm like the EVGA SC2 and even the FE seems to be running cooler than most my other cards.

And @ Everyone else -

Man running into an issue - I have the electrician coming over later today or tomorrow but I can't decide on the 30A breaker he's installing what plug to go with -

L6-30 so I can connect PDU's is my first choice but they won't be here till next Friday.

I also have 3 APC SMT3000 UPS that can handle 3kW load each, but they run off of 120v and use L5-30 plugs so I will not be able to use them if I run 208v so I guess they'll just stay in hibernation for now

I can totally afford the warehouse i posted above right now.. it would make a great location to expand from.. the only thing is i have no clue how i would go about cooling.. i went and checked out the units they had.. 1 had a window a/c installed on the small door leading into the unit.. but that would be cooling the entire 400sq ft with a window unit.. dont think that would work.. the unit was pretty air tight outside of that.

LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:07:22 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 03:40:56 AM by LoneRangir

And @ Everyone else -

I can totally afford the warehouse i posted above right now.. it would make a great location to expand from.. the only thing is i have no clue how i would go about cooling.. i went and checked out the units they had.. 1 had a window a/c installed on the small door leading into the unit.. but that would be cooling the entire 400sq ft with a window unit.. dont think that would work.. the unit was pretty air tight outside of that.

What am I missing?  Is power included in the lease?  That is a ton of area considering the footprint of a few miners.  Would ventilation be a huge concern?  Maybe the pictures does not do it justice!
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 7889

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 03:24:58 AM

And @ Everyone else -

what about the internet connection?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
kopija

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:51:47 AM

Greetings again,
does anybody have a idea or functional implementation on how to firmly secure the part of the riser that plugs into the motherboard pcie slot? Mine are awfully flimsy when plugged in.
Thanks.

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
EvilMonkey

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:10:03 AM

First off thanks heaps for this thread and everyone posting in it.  I just spent like 4 days reading it and found so much useful information.  I started off eth.  Found my 1080ti was not great.  Moved to Zec that was ok then found Skein/zpool.  All in about 5 days, just from reading threads like this.

OK couple quick questions most for PHil but anyone who can answer would be good.

I have 2 ti 1080 one FE and one Aorus.  Third is on the way.  I plan to run 1 one card rig (auros) (for gaming sometimes) and one 2-3 card rig.  Can I just use my old motherboards? they have plenty of PCI slots on them and had an i5 2500K Cpu in them, they are just sitting around doing nothing gigabyte motherboards.  I have one EVGA Plat 750W PSU.  Is this good enough for two 1080 ti at 60-80 TPD?   And I plan to get another EVGA PSU probably 1000W for 3 cards just to be safe.

One issue is in New Zealand we are almost all out of Plat PSU's as they are not that popular to begin with.  There are some but they are way over priced.  Is it acceptable to go with a gold instead of plat power wise?

Most people seem pretty set on 75 or 80 TPD.  I did testing and 80% is still good but then it drops off.  At 90 and 100 though it is still more profitable to mine as high as you can go because of the price of power and the margin you get.  It is the middle of winter here so I can mine at 100% one card and stay at 51C.  Is this 80% TPD all about heat/power cost? If so then as long as my overall profit is higher after power costing I should run it as high as I can?   I will have to adjust when I get more cards yes.

WHat PSU do I need for a 3 card rig?  850W plat minimum?  Does it matter about the brand as long as they are most well known brands?

Phil you mentioned you mine XMR on your CPUS as well. WHat is your setup for this and how do you do it.  Are you doing this on the 2-3 card rigs the same time as mining zec/skein?  I did figure out how to CPU xmr myself but I am interested in how you are doing it.

Thanks for the awesome thread.
Storx

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:10:17 AM

Greetings again,
does anybody have a idea or functional implementation on how to firmly secure the part of the riser that plugs into the motherboard pcie slot? Mine are awfully flimsy when plugged in.
Thanks.

The multi-gpu rigs i see, many place a zip tie around the entire card and riser

VyprBTC

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:21:23 AM

Phil - you get 2 new 1080 Ti's or something, your hash went up about 1.6GH/s Smiley

Pics pics pics!

Smiley
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 04:37:24 AM

Have we determined what the best 1080 TI is yet

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Storx

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:40:45 AM

Did anyone else have a terrible day mining skein today zpool? my numbers on my watercooled rig is not exactly making sense.... based on numbers from 23hrs ago to now, i seem to only pulled in like $12.53 today on zpool with my pair of MSI 1080ti's.....

I still have my 2nd pc on Yiimp mining away DGB... The numbers on it are making more sense...

Could someone explain to me the system they have listed on pools at the right side of the page...... trying to understand the numbers better...

if i run my numbers if i am understanding it..
0.00395x1800=7.11mBTC/day or $20.16USD?

VyprBTC

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:31:19 AM

Monster in the making

timbereagle

Activity: 881
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:57:04 AM

Hello All,

I get 19 MHS and 275 sols with MSI GTX 1060 3 GB with +580 memory clock +150 core clock +72 power limit.

I can not make more than +600 memory, as windows crashes.
I read many people are doing +850+950 mem clock.

Am i missing some thing? I am newbie for Nvidia.

Should we adjust timings like poloris like AMD RX? How can i improve?

Thank you for your answers
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 7889

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 09:29:30 AM

Hello All,

I get 19 MHS and 275 sols with MSI GTX 1060 3 GB with +580 memory clock +150 core clock +72 power limit.

I can not make more than +600 memory, as windows crashes.
I read many people are doing +850+950 mem clock.

Am i missing some thing? I am newbie for Nvidia.

Should we adjust timings like poloris like AMD RX? How can i improve?

Thank you for your answers

some cards have been flashed  with new firmware  to allow for this.

be very careful of you try this.

you could kill a card.

@ vyprbtc

I added 2 1070  and put 2 1080 ti in a rig I am going to sell  the rig cost me 1985 to build it will sell for 2200.

a 215 profit.  including the coins earn by the 2 1080ti's.

I will photo it tonight as party will take up a lot of time today.

It is a gamer/miner for  a friend.

2 1080 ti
2  8gb sticks ram
1 1000 watt quark psu
1 i5 7600 cpu
1 1 tb ssd
1  windows 10 pro
1 gigabyte z270 mobo
1 rosewill case
3  bgears fans

http://zpool.ca/?address=1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

called it 2new1080ti

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: