Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:17:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏  (Read 202415 times)
sumogr

Activity: 463
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:04:37 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 07:32:55 AM by sumogr

These proposed "smart" implementations are nice and cool albeit geek stuff. However, it's pointless to have them if the primary use case (i.e. functioning as cash) is not allowed to gain a foothold first and foremost.

Yes, the idea was never for these suggested features to supersede nor be prioritized over the more fundamental features that you referred to in your post. The goal is to get some brainstorming going for additional features that can be added once the current dev roadmap goals are achieved.

Smart features could then follow thereafter...when Sumo will have achieved a relative degree of mass adoption.

I disagree, however, that smart features need to wait until a relative degree of mass adoption is achieved. I think cryptocurrencies are at a point where mass adoption will be easier to achieve if we can first convince the merchants to accept them, rather than try to convince users to buy with them. The latter of course would be preferrable, but it would take a long, long time. Mobile wallets and the other features you referred to, and which the dev's are working on right now, are extremely important for making use easier. But even if everyone wanted to pay using SUMO, it won't matter if the merchants don't trust that their coins will be safe in their wallet; they just won't accept any payments that way or, in a best case scenarion, they will accept payments but with a substantial additional fee applied on top of what they would regularly charge when using other, safer payment methods.

Ease-of-use features and safety features must go hand in hand in my opinion. We can convince thousands of people to use SUMO for payment, but it won't matter if no merchants feel confident enough to accept it. Convince 10 merchants to use sumo, on the other hand, and you automatically raise awareness of the coin and expose it to thousands or tens of thousands of potential buyers - at which point ease-of-use features would become critical if the users are to use the coin, so they must be ready.

Seriously? "Fake wallet/password"? What kind of cockamamie, spaced-out/space cadet concept is that? Have the top cryptos implemented such absurdity? Implementing an absurd feature that sounds cool for the sake of being cool and different does not really make it cool nor practical. If anything, I think you personally like to implement such a feature (if you can even call it that) in order to be able to skirt the law/buck the system ("plausible deniability"...) based on your argument above in favor of it.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Chill out dude. He was just throwing ideas. No need to be aggressive

My statement is a matter of fact and stating the obvious though in a rhetorical manner. Why is that aggressive? Or are you just getting defensive because I called out such absurdity? And why are you speaking for him? Are you his lawyer?

Absurd/silly ideas need to get shut down right off the bat (before it gets a foothold and drag on) to make room for sound and worthy ones. That said, please continue brainstorming. However, always keep in mind to not put the cart before the horse while in the process.

Almighty cryptocurrency expert get in terms with the fact that there are no silly ideas ,there are silly people being insultive to other people whose ideas they find silly. Now unless you have a "silly" idea to contribute to the project move along. Thank you

EDIT: By the way there are 5 devs running the project at the moment and I think they do possess the required skills to distinguish the "good" from the "silly" ideas no need for you to worry so much

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:41:51 AM

These proposed "smart" implementations are nice and cool albeit geek stuff. However, it's pointless to have them if the primary use case (i.e. functioning as cash) is not allowed to gain a foothold first and foremost.

Yes, the idea was never for these suggested features to supersede nor be prioritized over the more fundamental features that you referred to in your post. The goal is to get some brainstorming going for additional features that can be added once the current dev roadmap goals are achieved.

Smart features could then follow thereafter...when Sumo will have achieved a relative degree of mass adoption.

I disagree, however, that smart features need to wait until a relative degree of mass adoption is achieved. I think cryptocurrencies are at a point where mass adoption will be easier to achieve if we can first convince the merchants to accept them, rather than try to convince users to buy with them. The latter of course would be preferrable, but it would take a long, long time. Mobile wallets and the other features you referred to, and which the dev's are working on right now, are extremely important for making use easier. But even if everyone wanted to pay using SUMO, it won't matter if the merchants don't trust that their coins will be safe in their wallet; they just won't accept any payments that way or, in a best case scenarion, they will accept payments but with a substantial additional fee applied on top of what they would regularly charge when using other, safer payment methods.

Ease-of-use features and safety features must go hand in hand in my opinion. We can convince thousands of people to use SUMO for payment, but it won't matter if no merchants feel confident enough to accept it. Convince 10 merchants to use sumo, on the other hand, and you automatically raise awareness of the coin and expose it to thousands or tens of thousands of potential buyers - at which point ease-of-use features would become critical if the users are to use the coin, so they must be ready.

Seriously? "Fake wallet/password"? What kind of cockamamie, spaced-out/space cadet concept is that? Have the top cryptos implemented such absurdity? Implementing an absurd feature that sounds cool for the sake of being cool and different does not really make it cool nor practical. If anything, I think you personally like to implement such a feature (if you can even call it that) in order to be able to skirt the law/buck the system ("plausible deniability"...) based on your argument above in favor of it.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Chill out dude. He was just throwing ideas. No need to be aggressive

My statement is a matter of fact and stating the obvious though in a rhetorical manner. Why is that aggressive? Or are you just getting defensive because I called out such absurdity? And why are you speaking for him? Are you his lawyer?

Absurd/silly ideas need to get shut down right off the bat (before it gets a foothold and drag on) to make room for sound and worthy ones. That said, please continue brainstorming. However, always keep in mind to not put the cart before the horse while in the process.

Almighty cryptocurrency expert get in terms with the fact that there are no silly ideas ,there are silly people being insultive to other people whose ideas they find silly. Now unless you have a "silly" idea to contribute to the project find another thread to display your expertise. Thank you

EDIT: By the way there are 5 devs running the project at the moment and I think they do possess the required skills to distinguish the "good" from the "silly" ideas no need for you to worry so much

I never stated anywhere on my posts that I'm a crypto expert. But I do know that I am capable of discerning absurd/silly ideas when I see them. I really don't have any grand absurd/silly ideas to contribute other than the fundamental ones that i have already emphasized early on (mobile and cold wallets). I would never post absurd/silly ideas or wild imagination (even if I do have some) and qualify it as "brainstorming". It seems that you're butthurt, Mr. Self-appointed-Sumokoin-spokesperson. If you can't handle criticism, then don't post. As the saying goes, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

sumogr

Activity: 463
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:51:21 AM

Almighty cryptocurrency expert get in terms with the fact that there are no silly ideas ,there are silly people being insultive to other people whose ideas they find silly. Now unless you have a "silly" idea to contribute to the project find another thread to display your expertise. Thank you

I never stated anywhere on my posts that I'm a crypto expert. But I do know that I am capable of discerning absurd/silly ideas when I see them. I really don't have any grand absurd/silly ideas to contribute other than the fundamental ones that i have already emphasized early on (mobile and cold wallets). I would never post absurd/silly ideas or wild imagination (even if I do have some) and qualify it as "brainstorming". It seems that you're butthurt, Mr. Self-appointed-Sumokoin-spokesperson. If you can't handle criticism, then don't post. As the saying goes, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

Congratulations then, I am happy for you. I ll follow your advice and wont post again cause your criticism hurts Grin
Anyway enough said.

EDIT: Community will be voting for the new logo on telegram within the next days. There are two freelance designers appointed on it, currently working on redesigning and rebranding the coin's image as well. Please join the telegram group and contribute by presenting your ideas ( no matter how silly they may sound - noone will criticise you )

Kanati

Activity: 93
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:28:30 AM

I would say that pretty well sums it up (a picture is worth a thousand words...)  Grin
Madinvestor

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:46:18 AM

Never seen the thread that active, thanks for the brawl it is giving a nice visibility  Grin

Like SumoGR said, we would gladly have new members on Telegram to vote for the logos and to give ideas to the marketing guys working on Sumokoin so do not hesitate to join and to give your opinion, thanks a lot
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 10:55:45 AM

Proposals and criticisms are still important to move projects forward. Wink

A debate is always constructive.

I prefer this to a dead bitcointalk thread!

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
syncmaster913n

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:38:41 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 05:38:00 PM by syncmaster913n

Seriously? "Fake wallet/password"? What kind of cockamamie, spaced-out/space cadet concept is that? Have the top cryptos implemented such absurdity? Implementing an absurd feature that sounds cool for the sake of being cool and different does not really make it cool nor practical.

Just because a feature is useless to you does not mean it's useless for everyone.

The government has seized a minimum of 125 000 bitcoins in the past - this is the minimum that I was able to count from just this one source: http://businessinsider.com.pl/international/people-are-making-a-fortune-buying-government-seized-bitcoins/7rthxkk

The total confiscated over the years is probably significantly more than that, especially when you include other cryptocurrencies. At least some of those coins would have been saved with a sensible Plausible Deniability incorporating an Emergency Withdrawal. Whether the owners of those Bitcoins "deserved" to have their funds confiscated or not is entirely irrelevant to this discussion. What matters is that there are most definitely use-cases for such a feature, and many of them will extend beyond illegal activity. (Hint: oppressive governments.)

My statement is a matter of fact and stating the obvious though in a rhetorical manner.

Your statements do not constitute facts, only your personal opinion. The same applies to me. Your opinion is of course welcome, as is everyone else's. I would perhaps suggest that you try to be more polite when addressing others, at least if you would like to be treated seriously. Up to you though.

Your thinking seems to be that the only way for a cryptocurrency to become widely accepted is to focus entirely on features and design philosophies that make the coin easier to use. One doesn't have to look far to see that this is false: just look at Monero. What was the main reason they become more popular than most other coins? They focused heavily on privacy. Did focusing heavily on privacy make the coin easier to use, or more user-friendly? No - if anything, the extra privacy made the coin somewhat less user-friendly.

The basic premise of your logic is flawed. User-friendliness is not a prerequisite for a reasonable degree of adoption.

No one really knows what needs to happen for cryptocurrencies to become widely adopted, since it has never been done before and so, by definition, we can't be certain of what needs to happen for it to become reality. We can speculate on what would need to happen, but at best we're looking at educated guesses, no different than trying to predict whether the stock market will be up or down 5 years from now. This means that we would all benefit from a little humility.

Sumokoin Telegram channel (over 1,900 members): https://t.me/joinchat/F8RH2kPmFCnA-igHBKSCAA
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:07:08 PM

Seriously? "Fake wallet/password"? What kind of cockamamie, spaced-out/space cadet concept is that? Have the top cryptos implemented such absurdity? Implementing an absurd feature that sounds cool for the sake of being cool and different does not really make it cool nor practical.

Just because a feature is useless to you does not mean it's useless for everyone.

The government has seized a minimum of 125 000 bitcoins in the past - this is the minimum that I was able to count from just this one source: http://businessinsider.com.pl/international/people-are-making-a-fortune-buying-government-seized-bitcoins/7rthxkk

The total confiscated over the years is probably significantly more than that, especially when you include other cryptocurrencies. At least some of those coins would have been saved with a sensible Plausible Deniability incorporating an Emergency Withdrawal. Whether the owners of those Bitcoins "deserved" to have their funds confiscated or not is entirely irrelevant to this discussion. What matters is that there are most definitely use-cases for such a feature, and many of them will extend beyond illegal activity. (Hint: oppressive governments.)

My statement is a matter of fact and stating the obvious though in a rhetorical manner.

Your statements do not constitute facts, only your personal opinion. The same applies to me. Your opinion is of course welcome, as is everyone else's. I would perhaps suggest that you try to be more polite when addressing others, at least if you would like to be treated seriously. Up to you though.

Your thinking seems to be that the only way for a cryptocurrency to become widely accepted is to focus entirely on features and design philosophies that make the coin easier to use. One doesn't have to look far to see that this is false: just look at Monero. What was the main reason they become more popular than most other coins? They focused heavily on privacy. Did focusing heavily on privacy make the coin easier to use, or more user-friendly? No - if anything, the extra privacy made the coin somewhat less user-friendly.

The basic premise of your logic is flawed. User-friendliness is not the only way to adoption, even if it will definitely help tremendously.

No one really knows what needs to happen for cryptocurrencies to become widely adopted, since it has never been done before and so, by definition, we can't be certain of what needs to happen for it to become reality. We can speculate on what would need to happen, but at best we're looking at educated guesses, no different than trying to predict whether the stock market will be up or down 5 years from now. This means that we would all benefit from a little humility.

tl;dr

You are splitting hairs in order to justify your cockamamie ideas.

Based on your statement, you intend to skirt the law/buck the system by way of your proposed implementation of such an absurd/silly concept. That's the fact that I'm referring to. Try rereading my post until you comprehend it before twisting my words and split hairs to suit your agenda...or to save face.

syncmaster913n

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:29:34 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 07:48:55 PM by syncmaster913n

Based on your statement, you intend to skirt the law/buck the system by way of your proposed implementation of such an absurd/silly concept. That's the fact that I'm referring to.(...)

A fact is something you can prove.

I did not intend on using that feature even if it were implemented; I'm an investor, not a coin user. So again you are referring to your subjective thoughts and opinions as "fact". This makes you a rumor-mongerer at best, and a manipulative bully at worst.

In either case, my interactions with you end here. (I'm sure you don't care; just saying it so you don't expect replies from me in the future.)

Sumokoin Telegram channel (over 1,900 members): https://t.me/joinchat/F8RH2kPmFCnA-igHBKSCAA
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:19:12 PM

Based on your statement, you intend to skirt the law/buck the system by way of your proposed implementation of such an absurd/silly concept. That's the fact that I'm referring to.(...)

I did not intend on using that feature even if it were implemented; I'm an investor, not a coin user. So again you are referring to your subjective thoughts and opinions as "fact". This makes you a rumor-mongerer at best, and a manipulative bully at worst.

In either case, my interactions with you end here. (I'm sure you don't care; just saying it so you don't expect replies from me in the future.)

Splitting hairs again. Let me spell it out for you.

Fact: you stated you favor being able to have "plausible deniability" against the law through your cockamamie concept. It is already a matter of record since you have already posted it on here. Do I need more proof than that?

You need to ground yourself back to earth, man. But since you are an investor (it's a fact since you just stated it above and doesn't need any further proof), I'm not surprised at all that you're so out of touch of a cryptocurrency's primary use case. Stick to speculating and making loads of money then and leave the intricacies of development to the people who actually use the tokens as they are meant to be.
wildbud

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:56:53 PM

NOT surprised that you fly somewhere out of earth...
Madinvestor

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:02:52 PM

Many awesome new logos, hard do select the best one  Huh
john yuan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

0x3a730F3323481De284C92Ad82764D095f188B41b

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:14:45 PM

Plan what time bittrex, expect the listing bittrex time to come quickly.
Now the excavation is difficult, personal equipment can not keep up.
  Refueling!!Great team
syncmaster913n

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:41:55 PM

Many awesome new logos, hard do select the best one  Huh

The logo inspired by the sumo ring is my favorite so far Smiley We will be voting on the best logo very soon.

Germining

Activity: 778
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 12:20:08 PM

Were is the voting link?

Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions
Private • Untraceable • Decentralized • Fungible
Mynero

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:18:03 PM

Seriously? "Fake wallet/password"? What kind of cockamamie, spaced-out/space cadet concept is that? Have the top cryptos implemented such absurdity?
This type of concept is used by Ledger, which is one of the most popular BTC hardware wallets:
http://support.ledgerwallet.com/knowledge_base/topics/advanced-passphrase-options
Madinvestor

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:57:46 PM

Seriously? "Fake wallet/password"? What kind of cockamamie, spaced-out/space cadet concept is that? Have the top cryptos implemented such absurdity?
This type of concept is used by Ledger, which is one of the most popular BTC hardware wallets:
http://support.ledgerwallet.com/knowledge_base/topics/advanced-passphrase-options

https://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/tumblr_m3exylM38S1qldtw8o1_1280.gif
GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:58:04 PM

The wallet client doesn't seem to want to sync for me. It never established a connection after I unlock the wallet.

Anyone got an idea or a fix?

Always doubt.
visdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:22:09 PM

Just because some geek over at Ledger Nerd Central thought of and implemented it doesn't necessarily mean that it's practical. How many Ledger users actually use such an extraneous and "overkill" feature? Do you have stats on that and post it on here? Isn't it more practical, safer and sensible to just have two (or more) physically separate wallets thereby making them isolated, independent and physically separate from each other?

Heck, Ledger should fire that geek for implementing something that cuts into their profit margin since users buying two (or more) Ledger wallets instead of just one is obviously a better deal for them.

billaue

Activity: 119

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:32:56 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 04:56:21 AM by billaue

The wallet client doesn't seem to want to sync for me. It never established a connection after I unlock the wallet.

Anyone got an idea or a fix?

General fix that worked in most cases is to delete "C:\ProgramData\sumokoin" folder and start wallet for resyncing
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: