Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:11:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203076 times)
knight3136

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:05:46 PM

I have my doubts about this. If this company has been around for a while then they must know that the first thing to have a great business is having great customer service. Someone here has requested a refund and it has been two weeks and he or she still have received it.

The second issue I have they don't accept debit or credit card as payment for the WTT or the buying the miners. Even thought they state you can pay in USD it has to be wire transfer. Just like coins once you send it it can't be taken back. I think you have 10- 30 minutes after sending a wire transfer to have the bank cancel it. And if you send your BTC or any other coin to them there will be nothing you will be able to do. With wire transfer you are responsible for making sure the money you are sending is to someone you trust or really want to send it to. What if you put 20k or 30 k into this business and something happens which causes you to take your money out or want to cancel for some other reason you probably wouldn't be able to do it.

I contacted them and they told me the reason they don't accept debit or credit card due to security reasons? do the mean that customers can file a complaint with their bank and request a  refund and there is basically nothing they can do if the bank takes the money out of their account and give it back to the client, try doing that with wire transfer or coins.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shamgar

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:37:42 PM

When we rent our tokens to miners, do we get reimbursed with WTT? BTC? ETH? Or something else? Thanks
Mrbates

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:05:04 AM

I have my doubts about this. If this company has been around for a while then they must know that the first thing to have a great business is having great customer service. Someone here has requested a refund and it has been two weeks and he or she still have received it.

The second issue I have they don't accept debit or credit card as payment for the WTT or the buying the miners. Even thought they state you can pay in USD it has to be wire transfer. Just like coins once you send it it can't be taken back. I think you have 10- 30 minutes after sending a wire transfer to have the bank cancel it. And if you send your BTC or any other coin to them there will be nothing you will be able to do. With wire transfer you are responsible for making sure the money you are sending is to someone you trust or really want to send it to. What if you put 20k or 30 k into this business and something happens which causes you to take your money out or want to cancel for some other reason you probably wouldn't be able to do it.

I contacted them and they told me the reason they don't accept debit or credit card due to security reasons? do the mean that customers can file a complaint with their bank and request a  refund and there is basically nothing they can do if the bank takes the money out of their account and give it back to the client, try doing that with wire transfer or coins.

Newbie.

Read up that person got their refund today.

Also credit/debit cards can be backcharged or fraudulently used and it is a security concern, because if its stolen it can be weeks later before a chargeback occurs.

@cryptonomos,
Hitbtc does futures trading, they most likely bought some wtt in the ico and are offering token iou's for when the ico is complete.
The coins they currently have trading are nothing as of yet, but eventually do become real (as far as I've heard). Its so they can profit off of the trading fee's early on.  Also WTT is doing well there (almost double current ico price) speaks well for WTT or poorly for btc lol

knight3136

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:08:31 AM

Newbie.

Read up that person got their refund today.

Also credit/debit cards can be backcharged or fraudulently used and it is a security concern, because if its stolen it can be weeks later before a chargeback occurs.

@cryptonomos,
Hitbtc does futures trading, they most likely bought some wtt in the ico and are offering token iou's for when the ico is complete.
The coins they currently have trading are nothing as of yet, but eventually do become real (as far as I've heard). Its so they can profit off of the trading fee's early on.  Also WTT is doing well there (almost double current ico price) speaks well for WTT or poorly for btc lol

What being new to the site has to do with giving my opinion on something that everyone should look into before sending their money to a company that may end up causing them money at the end. They got their money after posting what was going on. 10 days is a long time. During that time they could have used the money invest it and make some profit out of it.

If the credit card has been reported stolen the transaction wont go through. Chargeback is something that every business must deal with every second. Do you actually think that Apple, Samsung and etc make less money because their customers are doing fraudulent transactions or because most of them are honest.

So let say you invest 10k in miners by sending coins to them and then you find out is all a scam, what government agency are you going to run to, to get you coins back? If you do a wire transfer you have no way of getting the money back even after explaining it to the bank. They have all the hands when it comes to making the transactions and you have none. 
kjs

Activity: 188
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:12:00 AM

What they mean by 'security reasons' is that they don't want to be scammed by scammers doing chargebacks on credit cards after purchasing miners / hosting space.
Mrbates

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:38:00 AM

What they mean by 'security reasons' is that they don't want to be scammed by scammers doing chargebacks on credit cards after purchasing miners / hosting space.

Not like there is some marketplace on the dark web that sells credit cards and how to guides, but thats how we get alot of those cheap gift cards for sale...

Anyways back on topic, your reply was good.

Xenocyde

Activity: 265

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:56:03 AM

What being new to the site has to do with giving my opinion on something that everyone should look into before sending their money to a company that may end up causing them money at the end. They got their money after posting what was going on. 10 days is a long time. During that time they could have used the money invest it and make some profit out of it.

If the credit card has been reported stolen the transaction wont go through. Chargeback is something that every business must deal with every second. Do you actually think that Apple, Samsung and etc make less money because their customers are doing fraudulent transactions or because most of them are honest.

So let say you invest 10k in miners by sending coins to them and then you find out is all a scam, what government agency are you going to run to, to get you coins back? If you do a wire transfer you have no way of getting the money back even after explaining it to the bank. They have all the hands when it comes to making the transactions and you have none.  

I bought an L3+ miner from them and there was a slight discrepancy between what they asked me to send and the actual BTC price, because there was a sudden increase of the BTC price in the time-frame of the scheduled payment. They agreed to refund the 0.05 difference. That to me proves they are not scammers. Also, the fact that their CEO is David Carlson should increase the confidence levels. Their customer support team is small at the moment and they are trying their best to deal with all the problems that might arise.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
N1CKH0LAS

Activity: 411
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:20:32 AM

Bought 880 tokens and an L3+ miner aswell and they answered really quick to my email(s). Basically, they seem to be much more focused on the practical part (sales, customer support through their website etc) than posting and answering here, which is understandable.

Also, thanks cryptonomos for answering my previous question regarding the escrow Smiley I have few other questions related to what's written in the White Paper. The quote is this: "When token holders buy miners from the Partner through Giga Watt’s  website,  miners  available  to  them  will  be  automatically displayed  in  their  accounts  and  matched  with  their  tokens. "

Since my purchase is recent and they will only ship the L3+s in September, will the tokens and this L3+ get matched soon or only after it gets shipped ? Asking because, right now, they're not matched. The only "proof" I have right now that I've indeed purchased an L3+ is the mail from gigawatt and the payment done. The miner purchased doesn't appear anywhere yet, so asking if that is working as intended for now.

Also, since on the website it's shown the L3s and S9s are still available, once we purchase them, are we guaranteed that we will get them ? Do you ask the supplier before ( or at least soon after) we buy them to make sure you're not taking more orders than their capacity to produce them ?

• Black Desert Online Accounts / Level 60+ Characters: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5240670.0
• Eve Plex, ISK and characters for BTC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341251.0
Cryptoturtle

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:54:27 PM

Guys I need some help from you im new to this stuff.

So I want invest in this, but how?
From what I understand; you register on the website and then you get the wallet where you send your ether/bitcoin to and then they send you an E-Mail with the keys for the coins or am i wrong about something?
Mrbates

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:00:52 PM

From what I understand; you register on the website and then you get the wallet where you send your ether/bitcoin to and then they send you an E-Mail with the keys for the coins or am i wrong about something?

They don't send you keys, you will be able to withdraw them after the ico ends be able to withdraw the tokens to your eth wallet.

Cryptoturtle

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:06:52 PM

They don't send you keys, you will be able to withdraw them after the ico ends be able to withdraw the tokens to your eth wallet.

ooohhhh so i get a wallet on their website, right?

Do you think that the coin will rise soon after release?
Mrbates

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:33:15 PM

ooohhhh so i get a wallet on their website, right?

Do you think that the coin will rise soon after release?
Usually with ico's it's a temporary wallet; but given that it has a utility with the website itself, it will probably be a permanent wallet for our wtt as well.

And it's doing well on the iou trading, it really winds up depending how big it gets; because cutting the bottom line off mining can increase your long term profit greatly and if you have a hundred miners that reduction in cost would be enough to where even paying $2-3 a token could be factored in to the Mining equipments roi.

I'll do a full breakdown when I get home.

Mrbates

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:08:32 PM

Alright so for the following examples:

1 miner, 10 miners and 100 miners will be used.
I will be using the LTC miner as the main use because the numbers are so much easier all data used for this is from this moment and cryptocompare.
1 miner is 880 tokens / currently $880 and the miner cost is 1550 meaning profit begins at $2,430 or $1,550

Mining equipment amount   profit per day with tokens   profit per day without tokens*    total profit difference*    days until tokens & miner are paid off/Days until miner paid

1 LTC miner 504 mh/s                 $26.29                                    $24.93                                $1.36                                 93 days   or    62 days
10 LTC miners 5040 mh/s           $262.90                                   $250.72                             $12.18                                93 days    or    62 days
100 LTC miners 50400 mh/s       $2629.00                                $2523.41                            $105.59                               93 days    or    61.5 days

However mining equipment lasts lets say 2 years, (despite the tokens effects lasting for 50 and that difficulty stays the same forever and ever in this example)
How long at max would it take to pay for these tokens per tier given:
648 days from mining profits alone with 1 miner
722 days from mining profits alone with 10 miners
833 days from mining profits alone with 100 miners.

Now I personally believe and this isn't meant to sway an opinion one way or another (But if it does my WTT referral link longs for your click) that given the mindless nature behind this form of mining after 2 years most miners having at current rates approximately 635~ days of pure profit with the token would likely reinvest and get more new miners or begin mining something new.  So given that you have 635 days of pure profit even with the tokens paid for immediately at the start and not taking the long way through it and using only your profit difference to pay for the tokens -- your next set of miners would already have this price reduction in hosting costs, and if you choose to not continue mining well you've paid off your tokens 100% and your miners 100%; you could either rent out your tokens and earn a steady daily income -> calculator on the website, or sell your tokens for at the very least what you paid for them as I don't believe mining will ever truly die to PoS/Masternodes.

(I would be interested in knowing if they buy our miners from us at a point to recycle, or if they would ship them to us for our reselling pleasure)

*Profit without tokens goes up non linearly because if you host a lot of miners you do get a discount hence why the with token profit goes up linearly.

James25

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:14:34 PM

Can someone please explain what is difference between Batch 1,2,3,4,5,6??
https://i.imgur.com/zxH7vqe.png

Sorry for another noob question:
To make money from mining i just need to buy WTT token or buy miner from them?
https://i.imgur.com/jbolZ5K.png

Huh
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:16:23 PM

Can someone please explain what is difference between Batch 1,2,3,4,5,6??

Sorry for another noob question:
To make money from mining i just need to buy WTT token or buy miner from them?

Huh
Batch 1 will be the first to receive their tokens, after batches will follow later.
James25

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:37:18 PM

Do I understand correctly to make max profit i need to buy WTT tokens + miners right?
But i will not making profit immediately cuz miners will be delivered only after few months (ASIC L3+ Delivery date: Sep 20)
Cryptoturtle

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:05:37 PM

Alright so for the following examples:

1 miner, 10 miners and 100 miners will be used.
I will be using the LTC miner as the main use because the numbers are so much easier all data used for this is from this moment and cryptocompare.
1 miner is 880 tokens / currently $880 and the miner cost is 1550 meaning profit begins at $2,430 or $1,550

Mining equipment amount   profit per day with tokens   profit per day without tokens*    total profit difference*    days until tokens & miner are paid off/Days until miner paid

1 LTC miner 504 mh/s                 $26.29                                    $24.93                                $1.36                                 93 days   or    62 days
10 LTC miners 5040 mh/s           $262.90                                   $250.72                             $12.18                                93 days    or    62 days
100 LTC miners 50400 mh/s       $2629.00                                $2523.41                            $105.59                               93 days    or    61.5 days

However mining equipment lasts lets say 2 years, (despite the tokens effects lasting for 50 and that difficulty stays the same forever and ever in this example)
How long at max would it take to pay for these tokens per tier given:
648 days from mining profits alone with 1 miner
722 days from mining profits alone with 10 miners
833 days from mining profits alone with 100 miners.

Now I personally believe and this isn't meant to sway an opinion one way or another (But if it does my WTT referral link longs for your click) that given the mindless nature behind this form of mining after 2 years most miners having at current rates approximately 635~ days of pure profit with the token would likely reinvest and get more new miners or begin mining something new.  So given that you have 635 days of pure profit even with the tokens paid for immediately at the start and not taking the long way through it and using only your profit difference to pay for the tokens -- your next set of miners would already have this price reduction in hosting costs, and if you choose to not continue mining well you've paid off your tokens 100% and your miners 100%; you could either rent out your tokens and earn a steady daily income -> calculator on the website, or sell your tokens for at the very least what you paid for them as I don't believe mining will ever truly die to PoS/Masternodes.

(I would be interested in knowing if they buy our miners from us at a point to recycle, or if they would ship them to us for our reselling pleasure)

*Profit without tokens goes up non linearly because if you host a lot of miners you do get a discount hence why the with token profit goes up linearly.

Thanks for the detailed Information bud,
I think the best for me is to just rent them out though, im not interested in mining, yet.

What about trading, will this coin be available on Poloniex?
kjs

Activity: 188
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:47:24 PM

What about trading, will this coin be available on Poloniex?

The tokens will be available for trading once they have been issued, several exchanges will list them.
Mrbates

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:07:17 PM

Do I understand correctly to make max profit i need to buy WTT tokens + miners right?
But i will not making profit immediately cuz miners will be delivered only after few months (ASIC L3+ Delivery date: Sep 20)

Depends which miner

cryptonomos (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 01:27:28 AM

Just 1 day until WTT token price goes up! The new price will be $1.05 per token. Make sure to purchase before 12:00PM Pacific on Friday, June 16.

1. Register at Cryptonomos https://cryptonomos.com/signup
2. Add funds to your account in BTC, ETH, or USD
3. Purchase tokens

Step by step instructions:
https://medium.com/@Cryptonomos/navigating-the-cryptonomos-website-to-create-an-account-and-purchase-giga-watt-wtt-tokens-113d875d26c2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: