Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:29:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203076 times)
siaynoq

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:27:16 AM

Any updates on delays for Batch 3 and Batch 4? 3 weeks no new information from GigaWatt (not count this pics).
@Mr Frog: Thank you for sharing!  Smiley Smiley
Man Mr Frog, those Pics are a tease... Are you able to provide some detail of whay yhe photos are from are they the batch 1 and batch 2 areas and miners being installed? I am looking forward to getting my Batch 3 tokens!!!
Did you go there or, copy/pasted stuff?

Also -this looks interesting:
https://www.gigawatt.sg/shop/gpu-miners/gigawatt-alpha-1-psu-included-miner-batch-1/

Those Pics are from GigaWatt Telegram. Posted by Dave Carlson & Some others from the staff I suppose.

Regarding the delays it is mainly due to the inspectors who are not helping in making it difficult for GW to meet their objectives. (PSU from BM not UL certified, Inspections,...)
No infos regarding the future Tokens release date.

For the miners things should move by the end of the week... hopefuly.
It's seems that S9 from August batch are on site at GW. Some L3+ (or all) from september batch may have arrived as well or close to arrive. But I am Not 100% sure about it.
The main problem is the PSU. They have found some UL certified but not enough and those take too much space.

I'll keep you in touch as soon as there is more infos on their Telegram.

It's frustrating. I know.
But GW is doing things professionally. The pods looks great & I still very happy and now becoming even proud to have invest in GW.

They will deliver, it only depends on inspectors now.

Cool

They are not doing things professionally! They sold miners they didn't have, and built and stocked buildings without the proper permits.  The difficulty is going through the roof every day, and the miners they sell are less and less profitable every day...this is not a pro job, sorry-

There is risk to everything.  Keep fudding please, i'm still 1300 wtt short of my nov miner. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:49:42 AM

They are not doing things professionally! They sold miners they didn't have, and built and stocked buildings without the proper permits.  The difficulty is going through the roof every day, and the miners they sell are less and less profitable every day...this is not a pro job, sorry-

Hmmm, last time I checked a significant number of the miner manufacturers were taking your money for miners that they didn't have, and were not going to deliver for months. Maybe. If the schedule didn't slip, and there were no holidays, and their government didn't shut down their ability to take payments.

I'd also guess you've never tried to construct a building from the ground up. You can get permits by submitting a good set of plans. To get an inspector to sign-off on the completed work, i.e.: the work meets with the inspector's requirements, well, that's another story. If there are six different inspectors that could do the inspection, you will have six different opinions on how something should be done. And their word is the final say. Arbitrary come to mind, but hey, it's all part of the game. Now, throw in something that the inspectors have never seen before, and you have a recipe for potential delays. Long delays. It's all a power play, where the inspectors have the power, and the businesses don't. The business can't move on until the inspections are complete.

No throw in the Underwriter's Lab (UL) inspectors, and it gets more "interesting." They have their requirements that have to be met, and to get their certification you have to meet them. Period. End of story. That the UL didn't like the power Bitmain supplied supplies is not really a surprise as the power supplies most likely were not UL certified.

If you are really concerned about the difficulty, buy the coin and hodl.

No mining at the moment.
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 05:28:22 AM

Hmmm, last time I checked a significant number of the miner manufacturers were taking your money for miners that they didn't have, and were not going to deliver for months. Maybe. If the schedule didn't slip, and there were no holidays, and their government didn't shut down their ability to take payments.

I'd also guess you've never tried to construct a building from the ground up. You can get permits by submitting a good set of plans. To get an inspector to sign-off on the completed work, i.e.: the work meets with the inspector's requirements, well, that's another story. If there are six different inspectors that could do the inspection, you will have six different opinions on how something should be done. And their word is the final say. Arbitrary come to mind, but hey, it's all part of the game. Now, throw in something that the inspectors have never seen before, and you have a recipe for potential delays. Long delays. It's all a power play, where the inspectors have the power, and the businesses don't. The business can't move on until the inspections are complete.

No throw in the Underwriter's Lab (UL) inspectors, and it gets more "interesting." They have their requirements that have to be met, and to get their certification you have to meet them. Period. End of story. That the UL didn't like the power Bitmain supplied supplies is not really a surprise as the power supplies most likely were not UL certified.

If you are really concerned about the difficulty, buy the coin and hodl.

good to remember there is ALOT of work that goes into manufacturing space for miners (not that I would know, I am a cpu & gpu miner, I let genesis mining  do the hard stuff) I can wait a while longer for Batch 3 to get done. Bitcoin and crypto has taught me a lot about the power of patience.

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:07:06 AM

They are not doing things professionally! They sold miners they didn't have, and built and stocked buildings without the proper permits. 
Buldings in fact HAVE permits.   PSUs from Bitmain don't have permit, and that is a stupid obstacle from authorities that have never arose in the past.
justinballad

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:41:06 AM

Construction Schedule Update: Batch 3 & 4

We have completed the first Giga Pod associated with Batch 3. When this pod receives final electrical inspection approval, Giga Watt will issue the first 1.2M WTT tokens to Batch 3 holders. This should happen within two weeks.

I got a mail! Batch 3 holders get WTT tokens within two weeks Cheesy
inspiredinvestor

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 11:08:18 AM

Message recieved from  giga watt right now.. batch 3 in 2 weeks... excellent!
 Giga Watt
Greetings to the Giga Watt Community,

Giga Watt has continued to make steady progress on construction despite delaying factors out of our control. I want to thank those of you sending supportive messages and acknowledge the frustrations felt by some of you sending us not-so-supportive messages.

The process of building a Giga Pod involves a number of discrete steps, from initial site planning to final inspection. Many of these steps involve reviews, approvals and inspections by the local government agencies in charge of development, safety and standards. Some of these critical steps are taking longer than planned. They cannot be “pushed” or expedited in any way other than our persistent daily communication with agency heads and bureaucrats in charge of these processes. There is simply no accurate way to estimate a finishing date for the project, as delays are neither consistent nor predictable. When able, we aim to provide best estimate of time schedules, always subject to delays as encountered.

Giga Watt’s project represents a very large new step in scaling our emerging industry of Blockchain Computing. The scale and uniqueness of this project is unprecedented and alien to local authorities in rural counties of Washington state. As we advance this technological frontier, we must also comply with existing and antiquated regulatory standards until new standards can be developed. Giga Watt is working hard to define those new standards to pave a smoother path for future build outs.

We published a construction timeline at https://giga-watt.com/promo/timeline. Please refer to it if you want to follow along with progress.

We have completed the first Giga Pod associated with Batch 3. When this pod receives final electrical inspection approval, Giga Watt will issue the first 1.2M WTT tokens to Batch 3 holders. This should happen within two weeks.

We have just received the first of two building permits for our next six pod developments, which provides the rest of the power capacity to Batch 3 and most of the power for Batch 4 WTT holders. Permit in hand, We estimate the build time for this next phase to be 8-10 weeks.

What happened upon final L&I Inspection for Pod One?

After several visits to inspect the pod during construction, and on the morning of final approval for occupancy, Washington State Labor & Industries notified us of a requirement that the equipment we run inside the pod shall be UL Listed. To date, in over four years of building projects and running this very same equipment, this has never been required.

Underwriters Laboratories

Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is a nationally recognized, independent product safety certification organization. UL is also affiliated with the Underwriters' Laboratories of Canada (CUL). With public safety the heart of UL’s mission, UL acts as a safety resource and advocate. UL works closely with customers, regulators, insurers, retailers, consumers and others on research, technology, safety and education initiatives.

UL listing is oriented towards public and consumer safety standards for electronics. Obviously our GigaPods are not public spaces and only operated by trained personnel. Confoundingly, our inspectors still applied this standard.

What does the UL listing requirement mean to Giga Watt?

The blockchain processing units made by all manufacturers are not yet UL Listed. This is a market-maturity benchmark and we will see these manufacturers increase their product certifications over time. I have personally notified BitMain of this requirement and they assured me that they will begin the process immediately, though it takes months to complete.

This means Giga Watt has to find a replacement for all non UL power supplies, which include the power supplies our customers purchased with their mining units. That process has been underway since we were informed of this requirement, and I expect to have substitute power supplies in hand before we need them for the next pod. UL has also indicated that fans used on the mining units themselves may not be UL compatible. Giga Watt is assisting with document discovery related to those components as well, in order to either document or replace fans as needed to be compliant.

Additional inspection related items

A few additional final inspection related items “popped up” on these recent visits. We addressed and resolved these issues immediately upon being informed of the “new” requirements. There are no current outstanding inspection issues other than the UL Listed power supply and fan requirement.

Testing

Giga Watt is taking advantage of a short term opportunity to run some equipment under test. For a few weeks following final inspections, provided that there are no code violation or compliance issues, we will operate equipment under a Testing Period guideline.

Questions and concerns will still linger, so I continue to personally discuss the project on official Giga Watt support chat channels in order to answer questions. I do appreciate your continued patience and support.

Best Regards
Dave Carlson, CEO
Giga Watt, Inc.

cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:11:45 AM

Wow, i wonder why i did not receive  Huh
Grovesy

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 12:15:00 PM

Testing

Giga Watt is taking advantage of a short term opportunity to run some equipment under test. For a few weeks following final inspections, provided that there are no code violation or compliance issues, we will operate equipment under a Testing Period guideline.

So Giga Watt is going to "Test" their customers hardware; and are the customers of them "Test" miners going to get the profit from this???
iGotHope

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:28:00 PM

Batch 4 delayed 8-10 weeks more? Ouch
fm1984

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:01:14 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 01:12:45 PM by fm1984

Yesss!!! FINALLY! News from Giga-Watt! I guess everyone got the email this time.  Thanks to GW for finally informing their custumors. I wish us all good luck...

So I am in Batch 4 and will have a delay of 2 Months I guess, that hurts... but better than nothing.

The question is: How are we getting compensated for our losses? My miner should be in hands of GigaWatt or arrive shortly. What is going to happen with it?

(Have the feelin Jihan Wu´s Bitmain mined with it for months before bringing it on the market for sale. Now it is gonna be used for `testing`purposes by Giga-Watt  Grin
by the time I finally see some crypto, probably the whole cryptocraze is gonna be over  Tongue )  
CryptoPedro

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 01:14:24 PM

Yesss!!! FINALLY! News from Giga-Watt! I guess everyone got the email this time.  Thanks to GW for finally informing their custumors. I wish us all good luck...

So I am in Batch 4 and will have a delay of 2 Months I guess, that hurts... but bether than nothing.

The question is: How are we getting compensated for our losses? My miner should be in hands of GigaWatt or arrive shortly. What is going to happen with it?

(Have the feelin Jihan Wu´s Bitmain mined with it for months before bringing it on the market for sale. Now it is gonna be used for `testing`purposes by Giga-Watt  Grin
by the time I finally see some crypto, probably the whole cryptocraze is gonna be over  Tongue

I'm a batch 4 holder as well, and another 2 month delay is depressing. Three-to-four months of lost mining time hurts a hell of a lot more than the slightly cheaper electricity costs of having GigaWatt run the miners for me as opposed to just hosting them locally. And don't forget, their newest 8-10 weeks delay for batch 4 is still an estimate, and will be pushed back even further due to more unforseen issues and regulation. Count on it. I just hope I can get up and running before the ETH ice age hits, hah.

-CryptoPete- ||  Musiconomi A New Music Economy That Works For Everyone || DISCUSSION
rafzalan

Activity: 714
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:39:47 PM

"We have completed the first Giga Pod associated with Batch 3. When this pod receives final electrical inspection approval, Giga Watt will issue the first 1.2M WTT tokens to Batch 3 holders. This should happen within two weeks."
What I understand from this paragraph is this: token distribution of Batch 3 will be pod by pod. Is it true? And how can I check my pod?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
hashrate, inc

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:12:14 PM

Let's hope that they use our addresses when they are "testing".  I'm really concerned as the hashrate was around 30 about a month ago, now it's approaching 150.  I'm very concerned that I will never recover my investment on the equipment I purchased from Giga-Watt.  The decline in profits is completely dwarfing any savings I may ever receive in electricity costs.  Sad
fm1984

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:55:47 AM

I'm a batch 4 holder as well, and another 2 month delay is depressing. Three-to-four months of lost mining time hurts a hell of a lot more than the slightly cheaper electricity costs of having GigaWatt run the miners for me as opposed to just hosting them locally. And don't forget, their newest 8-10 weeks delay for batch 4 is still an estimate, and will be pushed back even further due to more unforseen issues and regulation. Count on it. I just hope I can get up and running before the ETH ice age hits, hah.

I agree and feel your pain ... I would also have mined at home if I knew this would happen.

Too bad, I was thinking of buying more miners from Gigawatt but with everything that is going on, I will not invest more money...

Difficulty is rising every week
KingAzir

Activity: 118

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:00:12 AM

I have some WWT on my balance from website but I cannot withdraw that to another wallet, who help me?

rafzalan

Activity: 714
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:04:03 AM

I have some WWT on my balance from website but I cannot withdraw that to another wallet, who help me?
Batch3 & 4 tokens are not issued yet, you should wait.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
andrei1982

Activity: 462

Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:52:24 PM

excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between you and other cloud mining companies ? definitely interested in the project!
thanks
inspiredinvestor

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 09:57:54 PM

"We have completed the first Giga Pod associated with Batch 3. When this pod receives final electrical inspection approval, Giga Watt will issue the first 1.2M WTT tokens to Batch 3 holders. This should happen within two weeks."
What I understand from this paragraph is this: token distribution of Batch 3 will be pod by pod. Is it true? And how can I check my pod?

good question refzalan I was wondering this too. I guess they contact us when ours is ready. I brought in at the USD equivalent  of 1.05

Triangulum

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:57:12 AM

Not everybody in batch 3 will get their tokens in 2 weeks. Batch 3 has a capacity equivalent to 4.5 MW. According to the email, only 1.2 MW worth of tokens will be issued, which means only ~26.7% people in batch 3 can expect to receive their tokens when these pods go into production. I suspect these tokens will be issued on a FIFO basis.
iGotHope

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:51:26 AM

I thought giga-watt was the best home for my mining. Has anyone seen this? Participating or jumping ship maybe? Haven't read the whitepaper but I bet it's exact replica on giga-watt if not pretty close to it.

https://tothemoonimus.com/

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: