Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 08:59:01 PM

Hey team.

Been working with a designer who is helping us with some website development to coincide with the upcoming DNotes 2.0 release. As you may already be aware, Joe updated www.dnotescoin.com a couple months ago. This time we have redesigned dnotesvault.com. To begin, we will implement the following as the new landing page, with the logged in account section to be updated in the near future once we finalize and complete testing 2.0. With this design, I aimed to keep communication simple and to the point for a 'clean' design.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Thanks Tim! Here is the link so you can zoom and see the details:

https://dcebrief.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Dnotes-1-Page-Layout-V5.jpg

Great job Tim, the site looks fantastic!

DNotes Vault is the perfect place for DNotes holders to earn up to 8% a year (after the launch of DNotes 2.0).

Quote from Dyna: "There are three different rewards amounting to about 8% per year: a) 2% for account balance paid every 30 days, b) 4% for account balance paid every 365 days, and 2% staking reward for participating stakeholders. Once fully implemented, DNotes will be very attractive for long-term savers and ideal for what CRISPs are meant to accomplish. We intent to heavily promote long-term savings for retirement, education, and other needs."
Hi everyone! Awesome work! Cant wait to see dnotes 2.0 released.. i thought i may jump in here and say when dyna says, "a) 2% for account balance paid every 30 days" to clarify i believe he means to say up to 2 percent acrued average a year but is compounded on a monthly basis. It sounds like its 2 percent a month so i just wanted to clairfy for new people jumping in. Delete this if im wrong/misunderstanding. Thanks guys keep up the excellent work!

Edit: i guess if ur adding up to 8 percent a year it makes since. Just trying to avoid confusion

Yep, that is correct. It's a recent change, as well as a change in the way it will be paid and structured.

Staking target is 2% per year. On an individual basis, depending on how many people are staking, that could be higher or lower.

For coins that have been in a wallet for 30 days you will receive .166% as part of the CRISP program, delivered directly from the blockchain. After compounding is factored in, it will be slightly over 2% yearly.

For coins that have been in a wallet for 365 days you will receive 4% as part of the CRISP program, delivered directly from the blockchain.

So your total percent per year can be around 8%.

We have done a lot of research and had much discussion around how much CRISP should be and how it should be distributed. Ultimately deciding on the higher number. The key factor in that decision is how coins are distributed. In PoW one group gets all of the blockchain distribution, everyone else who holds the coin experiences an increase in supply while their own supply remains the same, this puts them constantly at risk of potential decrease in the value of their coins. With this CRISP based distribution, everyone experiences an increase in supply, but their stake goes up proportionally to the total supply. Giving that the people who are receiving the coins are likely to be trying to accumulate coins, it is much less likely to be at risk of decreasing value, while acquiring more coins in the process.

If you don't participate in staking however, you are at risk of not making the full potential value, or the 2% for staking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 09:00:39 PM

Hey team.

Been working with a designer who is helping us with some website development to coincide with the upcoming DNotes 2.0 release. As you may already be aware, Joe updated www.dnotescoin.com a couple months ago. This time we have redesigned dnotesvault.com. To begin, we will implement the following as the new landing page, with the logged in account section to be updated in the near future once we finalize and complete testing 2.0. With this design, I aimed to keep communication simple and to the point for a 'clean' design.

]

I really like the Vault-page. Clean and to the point.

Will there be a new main-page as well?

The vault will be getting a full new design and an upgrade at the time of release for DNotes 2.0.

Kryptomani

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:03:48 PM

The vault will be getting a full new design and an upgrade at the time of release for DNotes 2.0.

I mean, will there be a redesign also on www.dnotescoin?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 09:08:52 PM

I mean, will there be a redesign also on www.dnotescoin?

Oh sorry, we have just upgraded that site a couple months ago as well as our logo. So we should be good there for a while.

http://dnotescoin.com/

Kryptomani

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:04:20 PM

Oh sorry, we have just upgraded that site a couple months ago as well as our logo. So we should be good there for a while.

Ok. I think you should do at least a couple of tweaks on the main-page as well. Some things are good, and some things not. I´ll list a few things I think you should change (I´ll make references to the new Vault-page):

Page 1:
- Top line. I like the black on Vault-page better. Also add icons for all of your social meeting points.
- Second line. "Home - Introduction - Download - Blog - Contact Us" should be in black and capital letters, as on Vault-page.
- Main window. The shadow effect on the text was popular a couple of years ago. I would take it away and make it cleaner/more modern.

Page 2 (Welcome to DNotes):
- This page is not good imo. Looks messy. Needs better arranging.
- If you´re putting a video on the page like you´ve done now, I would instead use a clear high-res picture to click on to open a new window with the video, preferably in full-screen mode. Looks much better.

Page 3 (Developing the future..):
- Good.

Page 4 (What are DNotes):
- Good.

Page 5 (The latest updates):
- Looks a bit messy and unorganized.
- Too large text under the videos.
- The pictures are too low-res. I would suggest the same here as I did on page 2.

Page 6 (As seen on):
- The background is a bit annoying.
- Logos in grey would be better.

Page 7 (News):
- Good setup, but again not good with the low-res pictures.

Page 8 (Posts):
- Same as page 7.

Page 9 (Behind the scene):
- "The team that makes this machine go" Could be changed Smiley
- New pictures needed! Same background color. If it´s not possible to do new pictures, I would convert the current into black and white.

Page 10 (Download):
- It says:
DOWNLOA
D

Page 11 (Contact):
- Good.

Page 12:
- Move "Copyright..." to the bottom row. Take away twitter and facebook icons.

I haven´t covered all the different font-sizes and fonts being used, but this makes the page look a bit untidy. Since you have a designer working for you I would suggest he/she also do a makeover on the main-page. Just my 2c.

Good luck.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 10:22:10 PM

Ok. I think you should do at least a couple of tweaks on the main-page as well. Some things are good, and some things not. I´ll list a few things I think you should change (I´ll make references to the new Vault-page):

Page 1:
- Top line. I like the black on Vault-page better. Also add icons for all of your social meeting points.
- Second line. "Home - Introduction - Download - Blog - Contact Us" should be in black and capital letters, as on Vault-page.
- Main window. The shadow effect on the text was popular a couple of years ago. I would take it away and make it cleaner/more modern.

Page 2 (Welcome to DNotes):
- This page is not good imo. Looks messy. Needs better arranging.
- If you´re putting a video on the page like you´ve done now, I would instead use a clear high-res picture to click on to open a new window with the video, preferably in full-screen mode. Looks much better.

Page 3 (Developing the future..):
- Good.

Page 4 (What are DNotes):
- Good.

Page 5 (The latest updates):
- Looks a bit messy and unorganized.
- Too large text under the videos.
- The pictures are too low-res. I would suggest the same here as I did on page 2.

Page 6 (As seen on):
- The background is a bit annoying.
- Logos in grey would be better.

Page 7 (News):
- Good setup, but again not good with the low-res pictures.

Page 8 (Posts):
- Same as page 7.

Page 9 (Behind the scene):
- "The team that makes this machine go" Could be changed Smiley
- New pictures needed! Same background color. If it´s not possible to do new pictures, I would convert the current into black and white.

Page 10 (Download):
- It says:
DOWNLOA
D

Page 11 (Contact):
- Good.

Page 12:
- Move "Copyright..." to the bottom row. Take away twitter and facebook icons.

I haven´t covered all the different font-sizes and fonts being used, but this makes the page look a bit untidy. Since you have a designer working for you I would suggest he/she also do a makeover on the main-page. Just my 2c.

Good luck.

Thanks kryptomani! Appreciate the detailed review, that is a great help. I will go over these later in the week or this weekend.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 08:29:30 AM

Hey team.

]
That wasn't much fun. Normally I find lots more mistakes when getting picky about writing and grammar. Anyway, you left me a little bit to comment on so here it is:

Our Cryptocurrency Saving Plan (CRISP) rewards savers with interest directly from the DNotes blockchains's reward structure on all deposits held at DNotes Vault for 30 Days or more.

This sentence is two long and has multiple concepts. Maybe consider:

Our Cryptocurrency Saving Plan (CRISP) rewards savers with interest on all deposits held at DNotes Vault for 30 Days or more. The interest is generated through the DNotes blockchain reward structure.

I also favour "held in DNotes Vault".

I would change, "DNotes Vault is a property of"

to:

"DNotes Vault is the property of"

just to make it clear that it is a possession and not a quality.

All in all, great work and I think that clarity is certainly the way to go. Many customers won't have English as a first language, but good enough to not need to translate or obtain a localised version. So your simple language is demonstrating DNotes' claim that it is for everyone. Well done.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:33:32 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 12:39:10 PM by TeeGee

Hey team.

That wasn't much fun. Normally I find lots more mistakes when getting picky about writing and grammar. Anyway, you left me a little bit to comment on so here it is:

Our Cryptocurrency Saving Plan (CRISP) rewards savers with interest directly from the DNotes blockchains's reward structure on all deposits held at DNotes Vault for 30 Days or more.

Our Cryptocurrency Saving Plan (CRISP) rewards savers with interest on all deposits held at DNotes Vault for 30 Days or more. The interest is generated through the DNotes blockchain reward structure.

to:

All in all, great work and I think that clarity is certainly the way to go. Many customers won't have English as a first language, but good enough to not need to translate or obtain a localised version. So your simple language is demonstrating DNotes' claim that it is for everyone. Well done.

Thank you for the suggestions Tim. I actually wanted to send it through to a professional writer again for a final check after my last round of editing, but you've done it for me Smiley. I support making the changes you mention.

I opted to use 'a' property in place of 'the' property, to imply that there are many other properties that are a part of the ecosystem. Could have said "one of the properties of". No big deal.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:45:23 AM

Thanks again Tim, I have made the suggested changes below.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:41:17 PM

The new DNotesVault design looks great. Excellent job, Tim. Thank you, and everyone for contributing. I am busy today with visitors from out of state.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 02:52:14 PM

Hey team.

to:

Thanks TimMarsh, TeeGee spent a good deal of time refining and simplifying the DNotesVault message while keeping all the important information intact. I'm glad to see you were able to point that out in your remarks.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:56:39 AM

Bank of Finland Economists: “Revolutionary” Bitcoin “Cannot be Regulated”

https://dcebrief.com/bank-of-finland-economists-revolutionary-bitcoin-cannot-be-regulated/
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:29:26 PM

What could be the potential implications of decentralized governance applied in a political setting? Although it may sound utopian at first to change the political status quo entirely by removing human judgement from the picture, we should never discount the stupidity of people who exploit too much freedom of choice. Case and point:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/601111/why-microsoft-accidentally-unleashed-a-neo-nazi-sexbot/
https://qz.com/931170/boaty-mcboatface-began-as-an-internet-joke-but-is-now-the-name-of-a-british-submarine-working-on-serious-business/
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/swedish-train-named-trainy-mctrainface-public-vote-article-1.3345978

Another point should be made, are people ready to and/or capable of upholding the responsibility of freedom? All it takes to lose liberty in a completely free society is individual freedom infringing upon freedom of others, which takes away liberty from all.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 01:34:01 PM

Bank of Finland Economists: “Revolutionary” Bitcoin “Cannot be Regulated”

https://dcebrief.com/bank-of-finland-economists-revolutionary-bitcoin-cannot-be-regulated/

Great article. Though we believe in reasonable regulation, that is for those providing services utilizing the currency, and not of the currency itself.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 02:01:52 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 03:59:58 PM by DNotes

What could be the potential implications of decentralized governance applied in a political setting?

Off the top of my head: There is no perfect solution to governance that I can tell. I see governance as more of a tug of war where differing opinions cannot go too far one way or the other, to have the largest benefit to the most people. Thus the need for rules and governance and things like the bill of rights and the constitution, the three branches of government and so on. The question to me is how can it be applied to what exactly. Could it be utilized to allow people to give more input and help leadership make decisions? Could it be used to afford people leadership without political control, more like the DNotes model we are working on?

Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:59:01 PM

What could be the potential implications of decentralized governance applied in a political setting?

Off the top of my head: There is no perfect solution to governance that I can tell. I see governance as more of a tug of war where differing opinions cannot go too far one way or the other, to have the largest benefit to the most people. Thus the need for rules and governance and things like the bill of rights and the constitution, the three branches of government and so on. The question to me is how can it be applied to what exactly. Could it be utilized to allow people to give more input and help leadership make decisions? Could it be used to afford people leadership without political control, more like the DNotes model we are working on?

Well said. I too agree that there is no perfect solution to governance, but in my opinion when the DNotes model is deployed it will provide a much fairer way to negotiate the balance of power.
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

Just got around to watching the statment Jamie Dimon made that has bitcoiners up in arms, and while listening selectively I picked up a couple key quotes.

"Bitcoin can go to $100,000 per Bitcoin"

"My daughter bought some Bitcoin and it went up"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Sywc3ko_g
DCEBrief

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:49:59 AM

New Reports: North Korean Interest in Cryptocurrency Rising

https://dcebrief.com/new-reports-north-korean-interest-in-cryptocurrency-rising/
DCEBrief

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:09:54 AM

Just got around to watching the statment Jamie Dimon made that has bitcoiners up in arms, and while listening selectively I picked up a couple key quotes.

"Bitcoin can go to $100,000 per Bitcoin"

"My daughter bought some Bitcoin and it went up"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Sywc3ko_g

Indeed. I was going to cover his comments in a brief, but it's difficult to take him seriously when he issues one of these little rants. I understand that he genuinely loathes the very idea of Bitcoin, but I fail to see where he's made any coherent argument to bolster his claim that Bitcoin is a fraud. The idea that it's not a real thing because "eventually it will be closed" is just absurd. I know that he is betting that governments will eventually try to put a stop to digital currencies in an effort to protect their own currency interests - and he could be proven right in that regard - but that doesn't make Bitcoin a fraud.

Still, I can understand why he feels the need to occasionally stick his head out the window and yell at those kids on his lawn...

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 06:14:42 AM

Well said. I too agree that there is no perfect solution to governance, but in my opinion when the DNotes model is deployed it will provide a much fairer way to negotiate the balance of power.

Brandon, are you baiting me? I could talk about this for months. I believe we're both fascinated by the ability of automated self governing systems like bitcoin and the DAO models being explored on Ethereum. And I agree that there is huge potential for the lessons learned here to be applied in political governance.

Government is never anything more than how the people within its jurisdiction agree to cooperate. And there are advantages to its many different forms. I don't believe that democracy is the best form of government. And some forms of democracy don't even deserve the title. The democratic system in the United States is so dysfunctional that corporations and the financial elites determine policy and the voting public have no measurable effect.
https://journalistsresource.org/studies/politics/finance-lobbying/the-influence-of-elites-interest-groups-and-average-voters-on-american-politics

As I'm certain Alan would agree, any decision is only ever as good as the quality of information it was based on. When the public does not have all of the information, or the information is deliberately misleading, their decisions will be faulty. When independent media is being drowned out by corporate controlled media, and the government allows media ownership to fall into the hands of just a few people, the information people get is distorted and deceptive. Even a perfect democratic system will fail in such an environment.

But even when democracy functions perfectly, it favours the majority, not the optimum or the fair. I've been planning a short story based around a body corporate where the building has 95 normal units and 5 penthouses on the top. The penthouse owners also own a large number of the units and rent them out. For a long time, everyone paid the same body corporate fee. Then someone pointed out that most of the gardening cost was spent on the 5 penthouse gardens. Another person suspected that they use more water too, and pumping it up to the top was also costing everyone.

So one day, the body corporate that was usually controlled by the 5 penthouse elites had an AGM and failed to stack it properly with their renters. So a new board came in and made the 5 penthouse owners have to pay a greater percentage for their gardening, water pumping, security and more. Then the following year, they realised they could recover money lost in previous years, so increased the penthouse fee to be a much greater proportion of the body corporate cost. The five votes against it from the penthouse owners made no difference. Eventually it got to the stage where the 95 unit owners were making the 5 penthouse owners cover all of the body corporate costs, including a monthly free bar-b-que around the pool. That's democracy for you.

I like the idea of government being run by ministers who facilitate the will of the people. They are not voted in but are selected, like jury duty, for a two year period. Ministers always act as pairs, the one in their second year mentoring the one in their first year. They don't make decisions, they just facilitate the discussion and decision making process of the public. Not every body needs to vote on every issue, but you could if you wanted to. Voting rights on any issue or ministry can be delegated, and re-delegated.

So, I don't have time or enough background knowledge to vote on things the department of education are doing, but I trust Jack's opinion on education issues, so I delegate my vote to him. Homeless and disabled issues I delegate to Simon, who then delegates all of his votes to Mary. But I like to vote on cryptocurrency decisions myself.

While this system still depends heavily on the public having access to unbiased media, it would be a lot more functional than a democracy. And I feel like the best and most transparent way to manage vote delegation would be through blockchain technology. I even believe that all policy and policy changes could be managed more effectively through a DAO like blockchain structure.

My hope is that what is happening now with these emerging technologies will be the test bed for many different governance models. And as these models become more effective, the organisations that use them will become more successful. Then I hope that people will be able to slowly transfer some responsibilities of government into one of these tested systems. Gradually over time, more and more government functions would be transferred until all that is left is the diplomatic face to grin at cameras and light torches at Olympic games openings.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: