Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:55:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:23:41 AM

Why Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Title IV Tier 2 verse ICO?

Unfortunately, ICOs are still going on at a fast pace, despite being warned by the SEC that they are securities and cannot be sold legally without being registered or exempt with the SEC.

From my prospective, with out a doubt, there are no known ICO tokens sold that can be correctly characterized as a “utility token”. As SEC Chairman Jay Clayton pointed out recently, “Merely calling a token a “utility” token or structuring it to provide some utility does not prevent the token from being a security. Tokens and offerings that incorporate features and marketing efforts that emphasize the potential for profits based on the entrepreneurial or managerial efforts of others continue to contain the hallmarks of a security under U.S. law.”

What is most troubling is when he added that, “Investors should understand that to date no initial coin offerings have been registered with the SEC.”

The author of the article below raised an interest point, “Regardless, none of this has left token issuers with much in the way of defined guidelines on how to conduct a legally compliant ICO.”

That is correct, unless our law makers change the existing security laws on the book to accommodate the brave emerging decentralized world there are no provisions to conduct ICO efficiently and legally.

I understand that it is very frustrating, as ICOs can be an amazing contributor to capital formation. Granted that being the case, it is still a bad idea to engage in ICOs that are clearly deemed illegal unless registered or exempt with the SEC. This could end badly. I fear that this is the greatest risk confronting our industry.

What is DNotes doing differently? A lot, in almost every respect. But for now, let us focus on an alternative to ICO and do it legally.
For those who are new to our industry, it is helpful to understand that the tokens (coins) sold in ICOs are created or issued by leaderless decentralized entities not controlled by any individual, or group of individuals.

Real world entities in the form of incorporated companies, LLC, LLP, and proprietorship or others forms of ownerships are created with a purported mission of advancing the coins’ projects outlined in their “white papers”. Coins are pre-mined and sold, bring in millions of dollars (in some cases hundreds of millions of dollars). They now belong to the entities mentioned earlier. These entities have full discretion to use the funds, often with no limitation, transparency, or accountability. That should not come as a surprise as the “investors” have been advised that they do not have any ownership or voting rights in the entity that received the funds. It would be less confusing if those entities are registered as “charities” and the investment labeled as “donations”.

I wish that ICOs can be structured and conducted in manners that meet existing security laws, either through registration or exemption. Unfortunately, without significant changes to existing laws, it is simply not possible. To date, the issuers of ICO tokens are exclusively decentralized entities without any central authority. However, the money collected goes to individuals, partnership or incorporated companies purportedly are working on some great ideas presented in a white paper. The investors have no ownership or voting rights in the private entity that received the investment.

Other than consumer or investor protection, the SEC plays a key role to maintain a fair, orderly and efficient market. It is also given the mandate by our law makers to facilitate capital formation. To that extent, our government has an invested interest in capital formation that leads to job and wealth creation. There are distinct options of raising funds by selling securities in support of the token or coin legally as mentioned in the article. In the case of DNotes, we believe that Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Title IV Tier 2 is the ideal option for us. And we have been planning for it for over two years using an incorporated company, DNotes Global, Inc.

To protect consumers the SEC, requires the filing of a registration statement with full disclosure of all relevant information along with two years audited financial statements - subject to on-going reporting as the means of making available all information for investors to make an informed investment decision. We believe that as much as this is burdensome, it is also essential to protect investors.

Great breakdown of this issue, thanks for updating us. Since the first ICO was issued in 2013, relatively little has changed in the way the majority of the operate, aside from becoming sleeker, increasingly sophisticated, and more readily deployable through ICO facilitators like Ethereum.

A few questions on this matter, everyone feel free to chime in:

1) What sort of protections is a corporation legally required offer investors that LLC, LLP, and others don't? Do you think these easy to attain forms of ownership are being employed strictly for appearance of legitimacy, even when unnecessary?

2) What is the difference between owning a cryptocurrency, and buying into an ICO in terms of ownership rights? If you had to apply it to existing legal framework, how would the law view the distinction?

3) Are US investors who buy into unregistered ICO's committing a crime in the US, or does ownness fall solely on the issuer?

For full disclosure, I am not an attorney but just someone who has been an entrepreneur for a long time and familiar with some of the legal concepts.

Regarding your first question: “1) What sort of protections is a corporation legally required to offer investors that LLC, LLP, and others don't? Do you think these easy to attain forms of ownership are being employed strictly for appearance of legitimacy, even when unnecessary?”

They all offer their investors some level of protection to the extent of the entity’s total asset. To that extent, it shields the owners with limited liabilities. You cannot lose more than your entire company, LLC, LLP or other registered legal ownership with limited liabilities. They all have advantages and disadvantages – each more suitable in certain situations than others. They protect you and your investors and as such legitimate and necessary.

In the case of DNotes Global, Inc. we have the company incorporated in the State of Delaware, and registered to do business in the State of Illinois, as our corporate Headquarters. Additionally, it is incorporated as a “C” corporation –  with virtually no limit in the number of stakeholders we can have. This is extremely important in our case. We eventually could have a full-blown IPO attracting a very large number of shareholders worldwide.

"2) What is the difference between owning a cryptocurrency, and buying into an ICO in terms of ownership rights? If you had to apply it to existing legal framework, how would the law view the distinction? Would it be fair to make the (overly dramatic) comparison that this is like owning your home outright, vs having to pay the mortgage on an incomplete home?"

This is a tough one to answer, Brandon. Technologies often get ahead of regulations. If there is a legal challenge regarding ownership right, the final court ruling will set a precedent for others to follow.

When you buy 1000 DNotes from Cryptopia Exchange no one else but the owner of that 1000 DNotes received the proceeds from that sale. If the 1000 DNotes was sold in an ICO that proceeds would end up in another entity. Yet they all could end up being traded on the same exchange. The first case is an exchange in kind (DNotes for Bitcoin). The second case meets the hallmark of selling a security under U.S. law. (DNotes for US$). And that is illegal unless registered or exempt with the SEC.

"3) Are US investors who buy into unregistered ICO's committing a crime in the US, or does ownness fall solely on the issuer?"

One of the SEC mandates is consumers/investors protection. That is the reason that the SEC has been warning the consumers to be very careful when investing in ICOs. I personally don’t believe that they will go after the investors. Technically, they are the victims. But, when and if, the SEC go after the issuers of ICO tokens, it will probable cause serious loses to investors’ asset value; depending on the enforcement remedies used. An extreme case of a cease and decease order with return of all funds could be very damaging.

Alan thanks for taking time out of your hectic schedule to answer my questions, you've given me more perspective on the matter. It will certainly be a tough balancing act for the SEC, between protecting investor's assets, while still effectively enforcing the law. Perhaps the government can create a bailout token to reimburse investors who were the victims of fraud Grin. At any rate, I'm interested to see how they proceed.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:02:54 AM

The SEC takes issue when someone pre-mined an amount and sell them for money without SEC registration or exemption.

My relentless commitment to help DNotes succeed by doing the right things is to ensure that DNotes can benefit a lot of people who do not have the means to participate in investments that are designed for accredited investors. So, we share a lot of investment sentiments in favor of the small investors.

Does this mean that DNotes Global Inc. would be seen as breaking SEC regulations if it ever sold any of the potentially postmined 10,000,000 DNotes2.0 being considered?

Now, to answer your question, based on our current thoughts (subject to change), at the launch of DNotes 2.0 an amount equal to the then current supply of DNotes plus 10,000,000 additional Notes will be mined for the 1:1 coin swap.

Wiser, I completely agree with you and would love to see a 1:1 spend on financial education : financial regulation.

I believe that more proactive and consistent enforcement of existing laws would also solve a lot of the problems. When an ICO posts a whitepaper that claims it has a team of 10 programmers with a combined 100 years of experience. I'd like to see some complaint against them when it all falls over taken seriously and an investigation into the real number of year's experience of the programming team. If it doesn't match the information in the white paper, jail the participants for fraud. If a whitepaper claims they've completed the working software and they're running the ICO for marketing funds, then it turns out that they don't have working software, jail them for fraud. Not so hard and no new laws required. Same goes for creating or falsely embellishing identities.

And finally, I don't see why filling out forms to provide concise information about your organisation or ICO should incur an expensive fee. Maybe they should offer a two tier system. Tier 1 would gather and publish information after verifying it was signed by an identified responsible party. Then tier 2 could charge a fee for having their claims checked by the SEC and marked as verified. Investors could then decide on the risk they are willing to accept.

"Does this mean that DNotes Global Inc. would be seen as breaking SEC regulations if it ever sold any of the potentially postmined 10,000,000 DNotes2.0 being considered?"

That is a valid question. If we use the 10,000,000 DNotes as a token sale to raise money for DNotes Global before being qualified by the SEC as registered or exempted that would be illegal under U.S. security laws. I would not be surprised that we need to file a disclosure statement with the SEC in the future if we intent to sell any of the DNotes.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:24:21 AM

That is a valid question. If we use the 10,000,000 DNotes as a token sale to raise money for DNotes Global before being qualified by the SEC as registered or exempted that would be illegal under U.S. security laws. I would not be surprised that we need to file a disclosure statement with the SEC in the future if we intent to sell any of the DNotes.

Would it make any difference how you were to sell those DNotes? For example, would dumping them on an exchange at market price be any different legally than putting them up for sale directly to investors, most likely for fiat money?

I'm thinking that putting them up on an exchange would be legal, though not recommended at this time. You own the coins. You have the right to sell them.

But promoting the coin directly to investors as something that could be profitable would then qualify the coin as a security which means you'd better be properly registered and vetted first.

What if you put the coins up on an exchange *and* also promote it?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:23:54 AM

Would it make any difference how you were to sell those DNotes? For example, would dumping them on an exchange at market price be any different legally than putting them up for sale directly to investors, most likely for fiat money?

I'm thinking that putting them up on an exchange would be legal, though not recommended at this time. You own the coins. You have the right to sell them.

But promoting the coin directly to investors as something that could be profitable would then qualify the coin as a security which means you'd better be properly registered and vetted first.

What if you put the coins up on an exchange *and* also promote it?

Wiser, thank you for helping us to think through this. The Mini-IPO will only be selling up to 10,000,000 DNotes Global, Inc’s. shares at a fixed price of $5 per share, allowing us to raise up to $50 million using Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Title IV Tier 2. No money can be accepted until our registration filing is “qualified” by the SEC. It is a long and expensive process but far less costly and burdensome than the traditional IPO. We expect it to take six months at a cost of $500,000.

We have no intension of selling the DNotes any time soon. There are many reasons for the ownership. Strategically, it gives DNotes Global strong self-interest to make DNotes an immense success. Because of that it creates shareholder value for DNotes Global and stakeholder value for DNotes. And since DNotes own 25% of DNotes Global (subject to dilution) a more valuable DNotes Global also makes DNotes the digital currency more valuable with more intrinsic value in support of it.

The business models that we have been building are simply amazing. They are viable for our industry to follow one day, though not easy to replicate.

The whole DNotes model is extremely complex in many respects. As we attempt to merge the old world of centralized control with the leaderless decentralized new world there are many challenges we seek to overcome. We intent to be as transparent as possible and trust that we all can learn together.

Its going to be a very busy day for me. I will check in when I have a chance. Have a wonderful day. 

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:20:47 PM

Wiser, thank you for helping us to think through this. The Mini-IPO will only be selling up to 10,000,000 DNotes Global, Inc’s. shares at a fixed price of $5 per share, allowing us to raise up to $50 million using Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Title IV Tier 2. No money can be accepted until our registration filing is “qualified” by the SEC. It is a long and expensive process but far less costly and burdensome than the traditional IPO. We expect it to take six months at a cost of $500,000.

We have no intension of selling the DNotes any time soon. There are many reasons for the ownership. Strategically, it gives DNotes Global strong self-interest to make DNotes an immense success. Because of that it creates shareholder value for DNotes Global and stakeholder value for DNotes. And since DNotes own 25% of DNotes Global (subject to dilution) a more valuable DNotes Global also makes DNotes the digital currency more valuable with more intrinsic value in support of it.

The business models that we have been building are simply amazing. They are viable for our industry to follow one day, though not easy to replicate.

The whole DNotes model is extremely complex in many respects. As we attempt to merge the old world of centralized control with the leaderless decentralized new world there are many challenges we seek to overcome. We intent to be as transparent as possible and trust that we all can learn together.

Its going to be a very busy day for me. I will check in when I have a chance. Have a wonderful day. 

I'm assuming here that there is a difference between 10,000,000 DNotes Global shares and 10,000,000 DNotes (the coin). The shares would essentially be created similarly to any other company stock once your registration filing is qualified by SEC, or are they also on a block chain? The 10,000,000 DNotes Coins you plan to keep indefinitely.

If DNotes, the coin, owns 25% of DNotes Global how will that ownership be demonstrated? Are there shares that will automatically show up in your wallet based on how many DNotes you have, or do the coins themselves represent a type of share as well?

I think I'm mentally falling over the logistics...
Peter.P

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:33:13 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 03:46:54 PM by Peter.P

Hello DNotes team & all members.

First of all congratulation on parternering with Geneca Smiley

It's glad to me DNotes is seen to have a bright future.

I've had some dnotes coin from May, Poloniex and now Cryptopia cause of delisting.

Isn't there any news about listing on other exchanges such as bittrex or Korean exchanges?

I wish anyone who has an idea replies.

Thanks all.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:00:48 PM

I'm assuming here that there is a difference between 10,000,000 DNotes Global shares and 10,000,000 DNotes (the coin). The shares would essentially be created similarly to any other company stock once your registration filing is qualified by SEC, or are they also on a block chain? The 10,000,000 DNotes Coins you plan to keep indefinitely.

If DNotes, the coin, owns 25% of DNotes Global how will that ownership be demonstrated? Are there shares that will automatically show up in your wallet based on how many DNotes you have, or do the coins themselves represent a type of share as well?

I think I'm mentally falling over the logistics...

I will be gone most of the day.

Just a brief response. DNotes is a “C” corporation. All its authorized and issued shares are common stock shares just like that of Google or IBM. Blockchain is still an experiment, so we do not plan to have the shares on the blockchain any time soon.

DNotes, on the other hand, are sometimes labeled as crypto-shares of a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO). The 25% (subject to dilution) will most likely be held in a trust for the benefits of all DNotes stakeholders. We are still working with our Attorney to determine the best option. This ownership will remain the same with no planned distribution. It is meant to provide DNotes currency with some intrinsic value. In an efficient market, the value of this ownership will be reflected in the market price of DNotes. It should have a positive impact on DNotes’ price stability, essential in mass adoption of DNotes in Global commerce.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:06:35 PM

I've had some dnotes coin from May, Poloniex and now Cryptopia cause of delisting.

Isn't there any news about listing on other exchanges such as bittrex or Korean exchanges?

Thanks all.

Yes, we are pursuing listing of DNotes on various exchanges worldwide. That will happen after DNotes 2.0 is launched to the satisfaction of those exchanges that DNotes 2.0 is stable based on their evaluation.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 04:14:08 PM

Thanks all.

Yes, we are pursuing listing of DNotes on various exchanges worldwide. That will happen after DNotes 2.0 is launched to the satisfaction of those exchanges that DNotes 2.0 is stable based on their evaluation.

Welcome Peter.P, thanks for joining us on the DNotes forum. If you have any suggestions on which Korean exchanges would be a good fit for DNotes, once we release DNotes 2.0 please let us know.

Peter.P

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:56:05 PM

Thanks all.

Welcome Peter.P, thanks for joining us on the DNotes forum. If you have any suggestions on which Korean exchanges would be a good fit for DNotes, once we release DNotes 2.0 please let us know.

Thanks for replying !

As you know, cryptocurrencies including bitcoin are hot potato in korea.

There are some major exchanges like Bithumb, Upbit, Coinone.

In my opinion important key point is marketing in korean exchanges as follwing.

They are interested in innovative technology also, but more enthused by marketing, promotion, and something like event.

For example NXT coin has been really hot recently, because can get free ignis coin just by owning NXT.

I wish Dnotes to be one of popular coins in korean market ASAP !
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 05:04:24 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 07:04:29 AM by DNotes

Did quite a bit of recording the last couple days for the Four Pillars book video series. We are now recorded up to Chapter 12, it may take a bit to get them all up.

Chapter 7 - Organizational Structure and Process

Chapter 7 Concepts 1 & 2

Applying the Systems Approach to Organizational Structure

Balancing Your Formal and informal Structures

Chapter 7 Concepts 3 & 4

Change Management

Reorganizing Your Structure to Facilitate Strategy

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 05:11:15 PM

Thanks all.

Thanks for replying !

They are interested in innovative technology also, but more enthused by marketing, promotion, and something like event.

For example NXT coin has been really hot recently, because can get free ignis coin just by owning NXT.

Understood and appreciate your bringing this to our attention. There may be some challenges in translation and support, but it sounds like it may be worth looking into further.

BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 07:23:43 PM

Hey everyone, I hope everybody has had a great Christmas with their family and friends. It seems the markets have also been busy at this time, and the press release was very welcome news as we move forward into the new year.

BTCwise, I have indeed a 95% completed video that I hope will have the finishing touches on it completed within the next week or two, when I'm able to re-record a couple of audio segments for it. Thus far the animations are very impressive, and a lot of time (3 weeks full time work) was spent on the animations alone by the animator. I also have several other video projects that are queued up, one of which will be to promote the IPO. That video will need to be to the highest quality possible, and I expect will take a lot of time and effort to get to the DNotes standard.

There is also a whitepaper that my colleagues have indicated is approximately 85-90% complete. I completed writing the bulk of it a few months ago, but we chose not to release it until we made our decision regarding the direction of our IPO, where the necessary changes could be made. The whitepaper is approximately 20 pages, and should be around 6 thousand words when it is released. We really want to nail these videos, and the whitepaper, to best communicate to potential investors what DNotes currency, and DNotes Global are all about.

A lot of work has gone into the above two projects, which we have briefly mentioned in passing previously in the forum. But as with all things we do, we do them at the most opportune time, which for us made sense nearer the time of the IPO. We are also working together at this time on our investor pitch -- so there should be many more exciting releases going into the new year in lieu of our mini-IPO, where we will be seeking up to 50 million dollars via Reg A+ crowdfunding.

Be sure to check in on the forum, and follow our facebook pages for updates, and look out for updates in the mainstream media about us going forward.

Hi TeeGee, thank you for including me in your thread. It sounds like you guys are very busy. I am sure all the efforts you guys have made this year will really push DNotes to the next level in 2018.

The videos will really help push the DNotes message.
I can't wait to watch the videos. I know how time consuming animated videos can be so big-ups to the progress you've made with the animated videos. I will keep an eye out for the videos. Please let us know once you guys have published. I will post it on my Steemit account and my personal Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Keep up the hard work and feel free to ask me if you need assistance with anything. I am more than willing to help.
Your friend BTCWise

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:27:09 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 10:44:16 PM by TeeGee

Hey everyone, I hope everybody has had a great Christmas with their family and friends. It seems the markets have also been busy at this time, and the press release was very welcome news as we move forward into the new year.

BTCwise, I have indeed a 95% completed video that I hope will have the finishing touches on it completed within the next week or two, when I'm able to re-record a couple of audio segments for it. Thus far the animations are very impressive, and a lot of time (3 weeks full time work) was spent on the animations alone by the animator. I also have several other video projects that are queued up, one of which will be to promote the IPO. That video will need to be to the highest quality possible, and I expect will take a lot of time and effort to get to the DNotes standard.

There is also a whitepaper that my colleagues have indicated is approximately 85-90% complete. I completed writing the bulk of it a few months ago, but we chose not to release it until we made our decision regarding the direction of our IPO, where the necessary changes could be made. The whitepaper is approximately 20 pages, and should be around 6 thousand words when it is released. We really want to nail these videos, and the whitepaper, to best communicate to potential investors what DNotes currency, and DNotes Global are all about.

A lot of work has gone into the above two projects, which we have briefly mentioned in passing previously in the forum. But as with all things we do, we do them at the most opportune time, which for us made sense nearer the time of the IPO. We are also working together at this time on our investor pitch -- so there should be many more exciting releases going into the new year in lieu of our mini-IPO, where we will be seeking up to 50 million dollars via Reg A+ crowdfunding.

Be sure to check in on the forum, and follow our facebook pages for updates, and look out for updates in the mainstream media about us going forward.

Hi TeeGee, thank you for including me in your thread. It sounds like you guys are very busy. I am sure all the efforts you guys have made this year will really push DNotes to the next level in 2018.

The videos will really help push the DNotes message.
I can't wait to watch the videos. I know how time consuming animated videos can be so big-ups to the progress you've made with the animated videos. I will keep an eye out for the videos. Please let us know once you guys have published. I will post it on my Steemit account and my personal Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Keep up the hard work and feel free to ask me if you need assistance with anything. I am more than willing to help.
Your friend BTCWise

Thank you very much BTCwise.

At this point, given it is the Xmas and NY period (i'll be in Australia until the 8th of Jan), it is unlikely that video will be completed until mid Jan at the earliest. But of all the videos to date, it involved the most animation work to date (it's 100% digitally animated, and just over 1 minute long).

I have included a 5-10 second clip of the video below so everybody can get an idea of the animations we went with. It was recorded using my phone in front of my computer, and for the record, the watermark red lines going diagonally across the screen are because the computer i'm filming from only has trial plugins that were used in the animation process. Still, happy to hear your thoughts Smiley

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:04:30 PM

Thanks all.

Thanks for replying !

Hey Peter.P, welcome to our forum!

South Korea has become a leader for cryptocurrencies, and a market that we will keep a close eye on. We very much appreciate your suggestions. Getting some traction in the Korean market could really help our international growth in the rest of the world too. It is only a matter of time, all the wheels are in motion for DNotes 2.0, which will markedly boost our attractiveness for listing on many more exchanges. It is our primary focus to build value, that will later reflect in the price of the token. One of the interesting things about cryptocurrencies are what I would consider to be a somewhat 'broken' valuation model, where coins can be driven artificially up in value far beyond what their 'real-world' valuation appraisal techniques would ever see them go. I suspect that this is largely due to the news and hype centred trading focus that exists currently in the industry. In my opinion, over the next couple of years as the industry matures, we will begin to see more mature investors and traders change the metrics by which they choose to invest in cryptocurrencies -- especially with the entrance of more value-driven investors. This could really change the dominant features that are popular among investors. For example -- right now many people are very interested in anonymous cryptocurrencies, because a large portion of the cryptocurrency community are libertarian / civil rights focused. I expect that many of the new entrants into the market will be more business and value driven, and less concerned with ideological / philosophical investment methodologies, and that this will dilute the number of people that invest with the current market preference towards coins that meet those criteria. My advice to people would be to take this into account with their long-term cryptocurrency investment positions.

Denver Dan

Activity: 39
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:47:01 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 01:01:52 AM by Denver Dan

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/26/this-company-will-self-destruct-after-its-ico/?utm_source=ICO-facebook

Interesting idea on how to use ICO's in the future.  You still need trusted and committed development teams.  I know of very few in the blockchain world...we'll...just one actually.  

https://www.coinwire.com/after-ico-atb-coin-faces-class-action-suit
Are they securities?  Probably.  This will continue be a problem moving forward for these "development" groups who used ICO's for capital.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:31:41 AM

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/26/this-company-will-self-destruct-after-its-ico/?utm_source=ICO-facebook

Interesting idea on how to use ICO's in the future.  You still need trusted and committed development teams.  I know of very few in the blockchain world...we'll...just one actually.  

https://www.coinwire.com/after-ico-atb-coin-faces-class-action-suit
Are they securities?  Probably.  This will continue be a problem moving forward for these "development" groups who used ICO's for capital.

Unbelievable - Faced with a class action suit, and the market for that coin doesn't even react. Are the investors (term used loosely) playing chicken?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 04:50:55 AM

DNotes2.0 Solutions and Interfacing with Blockchain IP groups

After hearing the great news that DNotes Global Inc. has found a great fit with their software development partner Geneca, I realised that they are very likely to develop new solutions to the existing problems faced by cryptocurrencies. So I had a look at how the blockchain sector is handling intellectual property management.

This article shows a strong indication that the industry understands the need to establish groups that protect against patent trolls and find solutions for sharing the technologies they develop:
http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2017/06/30/protecting-ip-blockchain-sector/id=84581/

As I understand it, DNotes Global Inc. express their commitment to providing financial systems that benefit all people by intending to open-source the results of their software development. I'm curious to know more about how DNotes Global Inc. intend to manage ownership of solutions developed in partnership with Geneca, and how they see their role in networking with existing organisations to participate in the protection and sharing of intellectual property.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:32:29 AM

Ethereum founder to crypto fans: Grow up

The co-founder of Ethereum has a message and a warning for the cryptocurrency community: cut out the “lambo memes and immature puns.”

On Wednesday, Vitalik Buterin ranted on Twitter about how discussions among cryptocurrency traders and fans appear to be taken over by immature jokes and memes, and are increasingly focused only on wealth.

“*All* crypto communities, ethereum included, should heed these words of warning,” he wrote. “Need to differentiate between getting hundreds of billions of dollars of digital paper wealth sloshing around and actually achieving something meaningful for society.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ethereum-founder-to-crypto-fans-grow-up-2017-12-28

Good on Vitalik. He came up with a brilliant innovation, had nothing but the best of intentions, and is well deserving of the fortune he's made. It's a shame that his creation is being exploited by a bunch of low life scam artists. But unfortunately, big money draws all kinds of people looking to make an easy dollar.
Xaro

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:09:18 AM

Just had a look at the short clip of the animation videos and it looks great. Can't wait for the full videos to be released in January!
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: