Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:53:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:40:05 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 12:31:13 PM by TeeGee

Ethereum founder to crypto fans: Grow up

The co-founder of Ethereum has a message and a warning for the cryptocurrency community: cut out the “lambo memes and immature puns.”

On Wednesday, Vitalik Buterin ranted on Twitter about how discussions among cryptocurrency traders and fans appear to be taken over by immature jokes and memes, and are increasingly focused only on wealth.

“*All* crypto communities, ethereum included, should heed these words of warning,” he wrote. “Need to differentiate between getting hundreds of billions of dollars of digital paper wealth sloshing around and actually achieving something meaningful for society.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ethereum-founder-to-crypto-fans-grow-up-2017-12-28

Good on Vitalik. He came up with a brilliant innovation, had nothing but the best of intentions, and is well deserving of the fortune he's made. It's a shame that his creation is being exploited by a bunch of low life scam artists. But unfortunately, big money draws all kinds of people looking to make an easy dollar.

I read this earlier today, and found his comment quite interesting.

I agree with the point he is trying to make, and your sentiment -- we all need to build something meaningful for society, and the wealth that may come will be as a direct result of that value that we create. Bill Gates ammassed a fortune because he built something that revolutionised the way that people work in the office, with one another, and online. Unfortunately, as is the case of a cryptocurrency trader, the objective is to ride along, often with the pure intention of making money.

I have a couple (ended up being a tirade) of 1am thoughts to add, which I ask be taken as discussion inducing as opposed to being views I hold.

1. People who trade and invest with the pure profit motive serve a crucial purpose for cryptocurrencies as liquidity vehicles that allow those currencies to grow, and gain even more attention, both from that growth and through word-of-mouth to the mainstream population by those who have vested interest.

2. Meme culture is a thing that is common in all aspects of millennial life today. Many of the ideas and concepts that we have are easily captured by a meme that is merely a few words, and often humour is an excellent vehicle to convey a message -- whether to those who are in the in-group, or those outside.

3. Given that there are humorous memes for absolutely everything these days, the chances of people not making them about "lambos on the moon" when their crypto portfolio could well move up 100% in a matter of days (and often does) would appear slim. Cryptocurrency is as much a cultural phenomenon as it is technological, economic, entrepreneurial, and philosophical / ideological. No doubt when people share memes on their social media about cryptocurrency, people who have been seeing the same "glorious" and "excited" memes about this "cryptocurrency" / "hodling" thing for months on end may start to take notice, and begin to do some googling on what the fuss is all about.

4. The cultural aspect of any group will always be the loudest and most widely seen. When you think of politics as an example, on the left-wing side of things you have inter-sectional fringe groups making a lot of noise on behalf of the whole (think black-lives-matter, communist groups, radical gender-focused groups, antifa etc), and then on the other side, the people who make the most noise are probably the alt-right and the rising nationalist groups seen in the USA. While I can't personally stand politics, I can see that these groups have strong and consistent internal cultures that allow them to make noise that receive much greater media attention than their actual member size would suggest when contrasted with the more relaxed general population who have much more varied views on things, and don't band together to distribute their belief systems, despite being much greater in number. A small group of people who think the same, can make a lot more noise than a much larger group built from those of more varied belief systems.

5. In my view, point four encapsulates a major reason why some businesses are successful and others are not. If everybody is not on the same page, working towards the same vision, then half the team is going to the wrong place, or won't care about where things are going. DNotes don't compromise on internal culture, which is one of the many reasons why the group will remain strong going forward. One of the reasons why we will be able to make the most noise.

6. Vitalik's point is good, but the reality is also that those people who put money into ethereum to make it what it is today have an internal meme / joking immaturity culture. One way to look at it as a mature person would be in frustration, though someone as brilliant as Vitalik would likely be looking at a way to harness the potential of this reality about his userbase/ownerbase were his project not already where it is. This culture developed in part because of ethereum, and really took off some time after its deployment.

7. This actually brings about an interesting pascal's wager -- A french mathematician who argued that people who believe in god bet with their lives to prove that god exists. Being that they only stand to lose a small amount of time on earth, in exchange for infinite harmony in heaven if they are correct. Following with the political example, the president of the united states, Donald Trump, caused quite a stir with many people over his use of language and derogatory insults that were targeted at his political enemies. In particular I was quite interested in the thinking of people who agreed with Trump on certain key issues like border control, audit the Federal Reserve, cut spending and regulations etc, yet found his demonizing of political enemies absolutely abhorrent. In my experience many of these people who had these policy alignments with Trump, but vehemently hated him for his "manner" were often Ron Paul supporters from 2008/12, who had run on some of the same policies as Trump had.

Ron was very likeable, and courteous towards his political opponents. He used logic and reason (which tends to be how I prefer to view things), but he never came remotely close to winning even the presidency, let alone the republican primary. Trump by comparison was gruff, abrasive, and direct, and yet easily rode to electoral college victory in 2016. So my question became -- why were these people not prepared to tolerate some 'mean words' in exchange for winning policy target wins that aligned with their vaunted 'principled beliefs', if it was those political tactics that were patently conducive to winning? Could they still truly have the principle they claimed of wanting x/y/z, if they weren't prepared to tolerate a/b/c in order to get it? I think it's time though to wrap this back to crypto:

Vitalik is a principled person, and I personally share his view on the crypto scene. I also believe that traders that want to make money and post funny memes aren't doing anything like what Vitalik does for the community. But we are not all as brilliant as Vitalik is, and everybody can contribute in their own way -- even if it is just sharing a funny meme with their friends about a supercar they want. I don't think anybody enters crypto with the unrealistic expectation of winning an actual supercar (though it is possible). I hope I'm not incorrectly portraying his view here, but for Vitalik, pascals wager is that there is a casual 'meme' community that are the strongest cultural bridge between the crypto community and the mainstream that we hope to invite to join our realm -- would Vitalik by preference have ignored this reality and have gone with a business to customer (developer to customer) advertising model, just because he didn't like the immaturity of *joking* fantasy expectations seen in a few memes?

Of course, Ethereum has mostly already made it, and those cultural memes will continue to occur with or without his blessing. I also understand that the valuation, community, and cultural models in crypto are subject to change in the next few years as more mature investors come in, which may result in a community that we prefer to engage in. But I also read in a pretty good book that you always need to understand your customer -- perhaps Ethereum are lucky enough to choose which? The book is called the Four Pillars of Business Success

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TeeGee

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:49:10 AM

Just had a look at the short clip of the animation videos and it looks great. Can't wait for the full videos to be released in January!

Thanks a lot Xaro!

Yeah, it literally just needs me to re-record with the audio engineer a section at the end with a different phrasing that we preferred, and a couple of minor animation touch ups. It all needs to be done on the same microphone and audio-mixed so that you can't tell it's from a different audio recording, and the guy is going away in a day for New Years (which I hope you're all enjoying the holiday for!). I'm meeting the animator tomorrow to discuss the feasibility of a much more significant videos being ready within a 1-2 month timeframe, which will be much longer in duration.

We have some older videos on our youtube channel too, if you haven't seen them yet. The next one will probably be similar style to this one (but vastly improved in every way from animation through to my presenting). I'm very excited about getting this next one made.

Here is the one from 2015 that we released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar8C7xBgpIE&t=

corvo00x

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:16:22 PM

DNotes Price Prediction to 2018?
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:52:46 PM

DNotes2.0 Solutions and Interfacing with Blockchain IP groups

After hearing the great news that DNotes Global Inc. has found a great fit with their software development partner Geneca, I realised that they are very likely to develop new solutions to the existing problems faced by cryptocurrencies. So I had a look at how the blockchain sector is handling intellectual property management.

This article shows a strong indication that the industry understands the need to establish groups that protect against patent trolls and find solutions for sharing the technologies they develop:
http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2017/06/30/protecting-ip-blockchain-sector/id=84581/

As I understand it, DNotes Global Inc. express their commitment to providing financial systems that benefit all people by intending to open-source the results of their software development. I'm curious to know more about how DNotes Global Inc. intend to manage ownership of solutions developed in partnership with Geneca, and how they see their role in networking with existing organisations to participate in the protection and sharing of intellectual property.

Regarding our philosophy on open-source software, it is best not to get ahead of ourselves at this time, especially, now that we have a software development partner, as well a formal Board of Directors for DNotes Global in the near future. We will take time to study this critical issue with formal discussions before releasing specific policy decisions in the future.

What I can say at this point is that I personally support open-source software development to facilitate collaborative development, testing and debugging at some point. One day, our users by choice, could seek to be treated like co-developers with full access to the code of the software.

DNotes will most certainly remain open-source. However, it is highly conceivable that some of our proprietary software will be managed as closed source and only available under licensing and non-disclosure agreements. The software development of our exchange in the future will fall into this category. In this case, security is our number priority. Open-source may allow hackers to pinpoint every weaknesses and loopholes and exploit them to their advantage.

Hope this sufficient answered your questions.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 03:59:50 PM

DNotes Global, Inc. Announces Partnership With Geneca for Blockchain Technology Development

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:18:22 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 04:32:37 PM by Dyna

DNotes Price Prediction to 2018?

We do not make prediction. But, personally, I believe that it is important for us to share as much information as appropriate and be as transparent as possible so that investors can make their independent informed investment decisions objectively. As a result, we have been making every effort to support this forum and answer every question, as time permits. They are often done with great consideration to convey a consistent and cohesive message of our vision for DNotes to be the trusted digital currency of choice accessible for everyone worldwide to participate.

DNotes is uniquely different, since the day it was launched on February 18, 2014. Like many in our industry, we became addicted to the many world-changing implications this new decentralized world could bring forth to the betterment of humanities. We quickly came to recognize the ingenious consensus system, the unbreakable double spend solution, and the enormous power of the blockchain.

No doubt, we are witnessing the greatest technology revolution since the Internet. And from my prospective, significantly bigger and far more wide-reaching worldwide. There are real possibilities to change the world by helping those with little means today to climb the social economic ladder.

However, we can choose to keep on dreaming about those possibilities or do something about them. We have committed ourselves to the latter. That is the beginning of the DNotes Story as to why we have been doing things so differently. We quickly recognize that this is a massive opportunity with many inherent problems that must be solved before its true value can be realized.

Hence, we started building the most essential ecosystems as our strategic blocks, one by one to solve multiple problems inherent to this leaderless newly formed decentralized world. We believe that, one by one we will identify and solve those problems. How much would DNotes be worth then is as good as anyone’s guess.

Meanwhile, I strongly encourage our followers to do a deep research on us. Knowledge will set you free and let you make informed decisions.
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:37:03 PM

Venezuela to Launch Petro Digital Currency Within Days

https://dcebrief.com/venezuela-to-launch-petro-digital-currency-within-days/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 03:29:25 AM

Chapter 8, and chapter 8 concepts 1 & 2.

Chapter 8 - Delegation

Responsibility, Authority, and Accountability

The Importance of Clarity

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 04:26:53 AM

Venezuela to Launch Petro Digital Currency Within Days

https://dcebrief.com/venezuela-to-launch-petro-digital-currency-within-days/

I find this whole scenario absolutely fascinating and am really hoping that at least the infrastructure and coding is solid, and the petro does indeed get released soon.

1) Venezuela has the 'first to market' advantage for a nation to introduce their own cryptocurrency.

2) I believe it will also be the cryptocurrency backed by the highest real-world value.

3) Unlike other considerations for a national cryptocurrency, there is no likelihood that it will be pegged against the country's fiat currency.

In combination, these three qualities are breaking new ground in the industry and will be a valuable test case for any states that follow. I've had a quick look for information on how to mine the petro and found nothing. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised because if it is intended for daily use, then POS is the far superior option. POS is also the best option to ensure people in all economic circumstances are able to participate without expensive hardware. I'd like to know what code their blockchain technology is based on.

I'd also be glad to know the mechanics behind the backing of $US267 billion. If I were to mine an early block and hold 1 percent of all existing petro, would I then be able to assert my claim to $US2.67 billion dollars worth of oil?

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 04:48:21 AM

The co-founder of Ethereum has a message and a warning for the cryptocurrency community: cut out the “lambo memes and immature puns.”

On Wednesday, Vitalik Buterin ranted on Twitter about how discussions among cryptocurrency traders and fans appear to be taken over by immature jokes and memes, and are increasingly focused only on wealth.

“*All* crypto communities, ethereum included, should heed these words of warning,” he wrote. “Need to differentiate between getting hundreds of billions of dollars of digital paper wealth sloshing around and actually achieving something meaningful for society.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ethereum-founder-to-crypto-fans-grow-up-2017-12-28

Good on Vitalik. He came up with a brilliant innovation, had nothing but the best of intentions, and is well deserving of the fortune he's made. It's a shame that his creation is being exploited by a bunch of low life scam artists. But unfortunately, big money draws all kinds of people looking to make an easy dollar.

4. The cultural aspect of any group will always be the loudest and most widely seen. When you think of politics as an example, on the left-wing side of things you have inter-sectional fringe groups making a lot of noise on behalf of the whole (think black-lives-matter, communist groups, radical gender-focused groups, antifa etc), and then on the other side, the people who make the most noise are probably the alt-right and the rising nationalist groups seen in the USA. While I can't personally stand politics, I can see that these groups have strong and consistent internal cultures that allow them to make noise that receive much greater media attention than their actual member size would suggest when contrasted with the more relaxed general population who have much more varied views on things, and don't band together to distribute their belief systems, despite being much greater in number. A small group of people who think the same, can make a lot more noise than a much larger group built from those of more varied belief systems.

Your point 4 is the only one I disagree with. In my experience, these extreme and fringe groups have the least consistent internal culture and are most likely to break up into more factions. The only one I know that breaks that rule seems to be the NRA in the US. Instead, I'd like to propose an alternate theory about why the extremes have the loudest voice.

Most people, by definition, share a majority point of view which is neither unusual or newsworthy. Fringe groups and extremists, also by definition, have unique and sometimes outrageous points of view. These groups are much more newsworthy and are much more likely to be shared on social media, both by those that agree and those that are upset by them.

I think this natural phenomenon is a great thing because it amplifies the new ideas and generates reaction and discussion in mainstream cultures. Unfortunately the Internet has continued to build algorithms that amplify the effect so that the offensive and extreme points of view have an abnormal dominance in our media feeds. This effect has then been monitized so frequently that it earned the term 'click bait'.

Of course, Ethereum has mostly already made it, and those cultural memes will continue to occur with or without his blessing.

As for the term "made it" everyone has different measures for that. For a long time my benchmark was whether it had appeared on The Simpsons. Ethereum has certainly done well and always sits in prime positions on the charts. But I think it has not reached anything like its potential.

I tried for a long time to get a full node working and as tenacious as I am, gave up in frustration. During this ordeal I came across many pages and tutorials looking for workarounds to their problems and felt like I was only one of a vast number of people experiencing the same frustrations. And while Ethereum executes a phenomenal number of transactions per day and currently leads in this regard, I still hold the opinion that a shift to POS will further enhance its performance. So if they have made it now, it will be fun to see where they end up once running a full node is something my mother can set up, and doing so won't take a performance hit out of her computer.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TeeGee

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:30:06 AM

Your point 4 is the only one I disagree with. In my experience, these extreme and fringe groups have the least consistent internal culture and are most likely to break up into more factions. The only one I know that breaks that rule seems to be the NRA in the US. Instead, I'd like to propose an alternate theory about why the extremes have the loudest voice.

Most people, by definition, share a majority point of view which is neither unusual or newsworthy. Fringe groups and extremists, also by definition, have unique and sometimes outrageous points of view. These groups are much more newsworthy and are much more likely to be shared on social media, both by those that agree and those that are upset by them.

I think this natural phenomenon is a great thing because it amplifies the new ideas and generates reaction and discussion in mainstream cultures. Unfortunately the Internet has continued to build algorithms that amplify the effect so that the offensive and extreme points of view have an abnormal dominance in our media feeds. This effect has then been monitized so frequently that it earned the term 'click bait'.

Of course, Ethereum has mostly already made it, and those cultural memes will continue to occur with or without his blessing.

As for the term "made it" everyone has different measures for that. For a long time my benchmark was whether it had appeared on The Simpsons. Ethereum has certainly done well and always sits in prime positions on the charts. But I think it has not reached anything like its potential.

I tried for a long time to get a full node working and as tenacious as I am, gave up in frustration. During this ordeal I came across many pages and tutorials looking for workarounds to their problems and felt like I was only one of a vast number of people experiencing the same frustrations. And while Ethereum executes a phenomenal number of transactions per day and currently leads in this regard, I still hold the opinion that a shift to POS will further enhance its performance. So if they have made it now, it will be fun to see where they end up once running a full node is something my mother can set up, and doing so won't take a performance hit out of her computer.

Very well made points Tim. I do also agree with the ones you stated. The funniest thing about intersectionality, is that they do tend to continually break up into even more factions. And the fringe groups are the only newsworthy people who are interesting to the media (who themselves, are mostly made up of borderline fringe groups).

That said, I still think that such groups are much more vocal -- like your friend who does crossfit, or who is vegan. They'll tell you. Funnily enough, being a Bitcoin evangelist is kind of like being one of the vegan's of the financial world.

Would write more, but must be up for a flight to Brisbane in 5 hours. Will check back before my flight. A close friend who is a top videographer (for leading fashion, model, music and entertainment brands in the USA and AU) will be over there with me, and we plan to do some recording for one of DNotes upcoming videos while there (for his 30th birthday).

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 03:33:08 PM

Would write more, but must be up for a flight to Brisbane in 5 hours. Will check back before my flight. A close friend who is a top videographer (for leading fashion, model, music and entertainment brands in the USA and AU) will be over there with me, and we plan to do some recording for one of DNotes upcoming videos while there (for his 30th birthday).

That is excellent Tim, we appreciate that he is taking some time out of his trip to work on DNotes videos!

Bitcoin!

Activity: 768
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:12:12 PM

Guys binance is having another  Community Coin of the Month https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003646731
Send  Dnotes specs to the coin community Application deadline: 2017/12/31 4:00 AM (UTC).

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Report to moderator 
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 05:21:46 PM

Guys binance is having another  Community Coin of the Month https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003646731
Send  Dnotes specs to the coin community Application deadline: 2017/12/31 4:00 AM (UTC).

Thanks Bitcoin! Will take a look into it and discuss with the team. Do they do this once a month?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:46:51 PM

Thank you, Bitcoin! for bringing this to our attention. We have submitted a solid application/proposal.

In view of what DNotes has in store, I trust that by the second half of 2018, we will not be short of major exchanges that want to list DNotes. Our current top priorities are to launch DNotes 2.0, raise up to $50 million using Reg. A+ Mini-IPO from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide, and formalizing the most ideal business models for NextGen VC. There will also be many smaller projects. 2018 will be an amazing year and not fall short of news-worthy events to keep our PR team busy.

I am personally most appreciative of all the support and encouragement you all have given us. We are all in this together to give everyone an opportunity to participate and share our success.

I wish you all a very HAPPY and Prosperous New Year!!!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 01:33:22 AM

Chapter 8, and chapter 8 concepts 1 & 2.

Chapter 8 - Delegation

Responsibility, Authority, and Accountability

The Importance of Clarity

Chapter 8 concepts 3 & 4

Delegation and Employee Development

Delegation and Leadership: How to Avoid Micromanagement

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 01:39:42 AM

DNotes Global, Inc. Announces Partnership With Geneca for Blockchain Technology Development

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:41:23 AM

Kidnappers Release Crypto Analyst After $1M Bitcoin Ransom Paid

https://dcebrief.com/kidnappers-release-crypto-analyst-after-1m-bitcoin-ransom-paid/
Bitcoin!

Activity: 768
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:51:03 AM

Unfortunatly Dnotes didnt make it in the list!

Report to moderator 
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:15:43 PM

Unfortunatly Dnotes didnt make it in the list!

Thank you for monitoring it. Since we did not have time (less than one day) to do any vote campaign, it is not a surprise. We applied under a different program. If they get back to us, I will keep the community informed.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: