Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASrock H110 Pro BTC+ 13 GPU Board  (Read 54751 times)
maralet2020

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:07:05 PM

cool.. i just got the asus 19 slots mining😀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OverEasy

Activity: 301
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:24:53 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 01:20:51 PM by OverEasy

I just got one of these and am having lots of issues.
Windows 10 latest creator
AMD blockchain drivers
latest bios for board
all powered risers (electric tape on back to keep them from shorting) (why did they build this board with slots so close?)

Ok so I did all the normal methods for getting multiple GPU's to work on Windows.
I had 8 cards up and running a few days ago.
Then my surge suppressor went out.

3 days later the most I can get is 7 cards and that was a real struggle.

If I take each card by itself, DDU,reload drivers, Patch, it will run just fine. So I know my GPUS are fine.

If I take one at a time and let Windows load driver and then patch driver and reboot I can get (usually) 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 then it gets very sketchy and hit or miss.

I am using 3 PSU's to spread power around so plenty of that. (3 because I planned on adding more cards)

In the bios all I have done is disable onboard LAN (using wifi) disable onboard sound. I have tried PCIE auto, gen1 and gen 2. Honestly I dont see any difference. Same results I mean.

During the last 3 days I have probably tried everything a person could try to get back to 8 cards.

Here is what I know -
All 8 cards will mine
All 13 slots have been tested successfully
All drivers and updates are done
Windows sucks
So I tried Linux. Linux also does not see all cards. This implies a board issue or a bios issue.

Any suggestions are welcome and maybe someone has an idea I havent tried.

I think because of that AMD blockchain drivers. You need to use lastest driver.
Yesterday I got all 8 cards recognized and working. It was just luck I think. I changed the GPU in the primary slot and set the slot to Gen3.
Sometime last night the rig rebooted. Now I am back to 7 cards.

EDIT***
Ok made a change and things are looking good.
All slots now at Gen1 except primary GPU slot which is Gen3
With this change all 8 cards are running and SGMiner is no longer having the insufficient memory issue.
I caught NewEggs Black Friday sale so I have 5 more 570's on the way.
Will report after I get them all in, modded and running...

Efemen

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:35:37 PM

AMD blockchain drivers
latest bios for board
all powered risers (electric tape on back to keep them from shorting) (why did they build this board with slots so close?)

Ok so I did all the normal methods for getting multiple GPU's to work on Windows.

If I take each card by itself, DDU,reload drivers, Patch, it will run just fine. So I know my GPUS are fine.

If I take one at a time and let Windows load driver and then patch driver and reboot I can get (usually) 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 then it gets very sketchy and hit or miss.

I am using 3 PSU's to spread power around so plenty of that. (3 because I planned on adding more cards)

In the bios all I have done is disable onboard LAN (using wifi) disable onboard sound. I have tried PCIE auto, gen1 and gen 2. Honestly I dont see any difference. Same results I mean.

During the last 3 days I have probably tried everything a person could try to get back to 8 cards.

Here is what I know -
All 8 cards will mine
Windows sucks
So I tried Linux. Linux also does not see all cards. This implies a board issue or a bios issue.

Yesterday I got all 8 cards recognized and working. It was just luck I think. I changed the GPU in the primary slot and set the slot to Gen3.

EDIT***
With this change all 8 cards are running and SGMiner is no longer having the insufficient memory issue.

I always set it to Gen 1.
Permonik

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:06:44 AM

This board is really sucks. I am not able to run more than 9x vegas on that mobo. With 10x vegas, the mobo do not want to start. Only fans are spinning and nothing happend. With 9x  gpus its running well. Gpus was tested all of them, so no matter which one is connected as 10th or in which slot, its always the same.
I was in contact with asrock support and after couple of mails, they are sent me a new bios for mobo which is not on their support webpages. Unfortunatelly my rig is in remote area, so I am unable to try it.
If someone wants to try, I can send it.
Anyway is there someone who succesfully running more than 9x vegas 64 on this board?
saul.goodman

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:55:27 PM

This board is really sucks. I am not able to run more than 9x vegas on that mobo. With 10x vegas, the mobo do not want to start. Only fans are spinning and nothing happend. With 9x  gpus its running well. Gpus was tested all of them, so no matter which one is connected as 10th or in which slot, its always the same.
I was in contact with asrock support and after couple of mails, they are sent me a new bios for mobo which is not on their support webpages. Unfortunatelly my rig is in remote area, so I am unable to try it.
If someone wants to try, I can send it.
Anyway is there someone who succesfully running more than 9x vegas 64 on this board?
Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:15:35 PM

this board is probably the easiest to setup and very well performing one too.
I'm running Win10 setups with up to 12 cards both AMD and NVIDIA (sometimes AMD only), the only important change in the BIOS is "power on after power loss", nothing else is really needed.
hozerdev

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:53:43 AM

Having trouble getting this mb to work stable with 7+ cards. 6 seems to work stable. The symptoms is it hangs Win10 in Claymore Dual Miner after getting : GPU X hangs in OpenCL call or got incorrect temperature 511. Different threads hangs mostly 6 and 7, but sometimes it can be GPU 0.
I tried already:
a) swap PSU
b) swap cables
c) the risers
d) insulation between the pci-e slots so that the riser connectors doesn't touch each other
e) the cards
f) tried separate 2 molex to the board
g) bios update and GEN2->GEN1
I think I am giving up on this board ... so frustrated.
Any ideas please?
adisonu

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:05:46 AM

I have 8 of these boards. I noticed something that maybe will help you. Sometimes when I restart the system it starts with less than maximum nr of video cards and is random, 5 cards, 7 cards. in order to bring them all online i have to take out the battery from the bios, then put it back in and afterwards it starts with 13 cards everytime.
phuocduong

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:50:36 AM

using 8xAMD and 5xNvidia, or 8xNvidia and 5xAMD?
hozerdev

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:29:06 PM

I have 8 of these boards. I noticed something that maybe will help you. Sometimes when I restart the system it starts with less than maximum nr of video cards and is random, 5 cards, 7 cards. in order to bring them all online i have to take out the battery from the bios, then put it back in and afterwards it starts with 13 cards everytime.
It can see all the cards. The problem is that when I run the miner with 7 or 8 cards, the gpu  threads randomly hangs. With 6 cards it works stable. Yesterday I swapped the board ( I have few of these)  and still getting the same issue.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:33:45 PM

I'm running Win10 setups with up to 12 cards both AMD and NVIDIA (sometimes AMD only), the only important change in the BIOS is "power on after power loss", nothing else is really needed.

You should prevent that power loss to happen if in case there's a possible brown outs to happen like power shortages in the area. With regards to that board Asrock H110 pro, I guess its an affordable one to purchase well it depends on how you really use it and staying more careful. Because that brand doesn't any have any commendable reviews as per searches online in terms of performance in a long run. Maybe that would be better if you wanted to do that easy set-up for you own and I won't be recommending that to you personally if you don't mind mate. AMD will work smoothly and even if you use NVIDIA or much higher the important is you have a good quality like intel boards.

hozerdev

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:56:23 PM

Does it matter which pci-e slots are used when you have less then 12 GPU? I have already isolated almost everything except the way the risers connected to the board and the miner itself.

I connected 6 cards to the black pci-e slots first and the other 2 to the first white slots.
Ursul0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:34:21 PM

You should prevent that power loss to happen if in case there's a possible brown outs to happen like power shortages in the area. With regards to that board Asrock H110 pro, I guess its an affordable one to purchase well it depends on how you really use it and staying more careful. Because that brand doesn't any have any commendable reviews as per searches online in terms of performance in a long run. Maybe that would be better if you wanted to do that easy set-up for you own and I won't be recommending that to you personally if you don't mind mate. AMD will work smoothly and even if you use NVIDIA or much higher the important is you have a good quality like intel boards.

It almost seems that you wrote your reply in English. I see there a lot of familiar words... yet the meaning is somehow escapes me.
Let me clarify:
1) Power loss issue = non issue, just making sure that remote miners will stay on as much as possible. (I'm also using watchdogs)
2) Asrock is probably THE maker of mining boards

The rest of your comments are totally unclear. 
OverEasy

Activity: 301
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:36:37 PM

AMD blockchain drivers
latest bios for board

Here is what I know -
All 8 cards will mine
Windows sucks

EDIT***

I always set it to Gen 1.

I finally solved the issue!
I yanked this POS out and stuck it in the box and shipped it back.
In under an hour I had all those cards up and running on other small 4 and 5 GPU rigs.

Problem SOLVED!
hozerdev

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:23:16 AM

Sending mine back too, i have 3 of them. I've lost so many days struggling with these cards, not recommend to anybody. I should've tested one first before ordering the others.

There is a way to get 8 card running, i mentioned it in my last comment: connect 6 cards to the black pci-e slots and the other 2 to the first white slots.
But for my config and dual mining it is unstable with 8 cards: spurious reboots, GPU failures, etc (6 works with no issues). I don't know maybe it works flawlessly with 7amd +6nvideo.
Running 6GPUs per board now until I get the other boards.

w0lf0.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:41:13 AM

That's very awesome, 13 gpus with same mobo it's incredible, i will try to buy one next months and hope they don't cut the production like h81.
farberjustin

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:29:33 AM

Hey all, my ASRock H110 build is stuck in a reboot cycle and I'm hoping you all can help!

It's a new build and I've been having trouble with getting a display to load. - I have not been able to get a monitor to load the BIOS or ethOs of the attached SSD (via sata cable).

So far I believe I have discovered a faulty RAM card. With 1 RAM stick installed, the board and GPU both get stuck in an endless reboot cycle, revving their fans and flashing their lights. With the other RAM stick installed, the GPU  does not power up. My guess is that the 2nd card is defective; thoughts?

I've tried getting a display to load with and without a GPU installed. I've tested a DVI-D-HDMI cable directly to the motherboard and get no visual. I also tested a HDMI cable from an installed GPU to the monitor (this works on my other rig), but get no display.

I'm fairly confident it's not the new motherboard, the CPU, the PSU or the GPU. Apart from the RAM stick that appears to be defective, I cannot identify why the pc is getting stuck in a reboot cycle.

Components used:
  • RAM sticks: Micron Crucial 4gb ddr4 sticks
  • GPUs: I'm testing a Gigabyte RX 470 and a Red Devil RX 580
  • CPUs: I've tested two compatible CPUs, a G3900 and a G4400. The CPUs have been carefully seated, have thermal paste and the fan is properly placed and plugged in.
  • Power supply: A Corsair HX2100i using a 24PIN ATX and the 12V cable to connect it
  • Monitor: I've tested two different monitors that connect to HDMI only
  • SSD: A simple Kingston 15gb SSD that has been tested

Any thoughts on what might be causing the reboots to occur? Should I buy a monitor that connects to DVI-D directly so I can at least see the BIOS screen?

Thanks!
Permonik

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:03:31 AM

Sending mine back too, i have 3 of them. I've lost so many days struggling with these cards, not recommend to anybody. I should've tested one first before ordering the others.

There is a way to get 8 card running, i mentioned it in my last comment: connect 6 cards to the black pci-e slots and the other 2 to the first white slots.
But for my config and dual mining it is unstable with 8 cards: spurious reboots, GPU failures, etc (6 works with no issues). I don't know maybe it works flawlessly with 7amd +6nvideo.
Running 6GPUs per board now until I get the other boards.

Hi this is the problem of mobo. This asrock is a really bad.
I had this problem before.
Just try to clear your bios and disconnect all the cards. Connect your screen to igpu. Inside the bios turn using of igpu on auto. Setup all pcie slots to gen1. Plug your cards to the slots and do not connect to pcie16-the longest port on the mobo.
You should be able to boot.
But anyway I am facing problem, that this mobo is not able to boot with 10x rx vega 64. With 9x it is fine, but with 10x its just not working...
Spacemarko

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:50:14 PM

So my question is can this MB run 10 RX 570 VGAs or not?
Ursul0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:34:40 PM

@Spacemarko - it does. I've got many of those boards running 12 AMD GPUs under win10 with 17.11.1 driver.
Do mind that you'd need to connect molex to the board if you want to connect more than 10 GPUs
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: