Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:43:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 252985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:57:35 PM

I saw this question on the Slack... it didn't get any answers and I have the same question myself so I thought I'd copy and paste it here:

hi all, i am really interested in this project but i am wondering - who "owns" elastic, i.e. not just who's the dev but who is going to be the "face" for elastic. the reason i ask is because i know that to get on bittrex, someone will need to verify their identity

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:05:08 PM

is this project similar to Golem or iEx.ec?

Read the articles on the home page - https://www.elastic.pw
by rallier
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334

just in case

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:26:37 PM

I've just created a wallet (community) and used the faucet. Does the faucet even work?

I am waiting for this to be listed on any exchange so I can buy some. Looks good.

If you used this https://wallet.elastic.pw/index.html, then it's testnet wallet.
Wait for mainnet launch this Saturday and create a real one.

Faucet is also on testnet, but it probably doesn't work now (afaik)

yes @tomkat is right, community wallet is another testnet (now) before mainnet, We will release lite wallet when mainnet is online, we are waiting instructions on @unvoid

@by rallier - by the way dude, all the best for your up-coming wedding next month.

After launch, let's make sure we've got the foundation up and running and funds flow to you and all the others (EK, coralreefer, unvoid, etc.)  that have committed so much time and effort to Elastic.

Thank you my friend, I will be afk 2-3 weeks later,  I am trying to work hard before my wedding Smiley)
Thank you to all @cyberhacker, @clivemy, @beyinsi, @bobmarley650, @ek, @ImI, @coral, @unvoid, ... and i can't say names but a lot of community and dev people.
We are making world better.

signature not found.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:38:13 PM

I saw this question on the Slack... it didn't get any answers and I have the same question myself so I thought I'd copy and paste it here:

hi all, i am really interested in this project but i am wondering - who "owns" elastic, i.e. not just who's the dev but who is going to be the "face" for elastic. the reason i ask is because i know that to get on bittrex, someone will need to verify their identity

I doubt Elastic devs will allow to disclose their identities, so if that's the requirement from exchange, then the exchange will probably lose their part of the precious fees from Elastic trading.
If Elastic market will be big enough I'm pretty sure such exchange will have to make an exception and list Elastic anyway, or they will just earn nothing.
After all, no one was requiring Satoshi ro reveal himself in order to get BTC listed right?
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:41:21 PM

I doubt Elastic devs will allow to disclose their identities, so if that's the requirement from exchange, then the exchange will probably lose their part of the precious fees from Elastic trading.
If Elastic market will be big enough I'm pretty sure such exchange will have to make an exception and list Elastic anyway, or they will just earn nothing.
After all, no one was requiring Satoshi ro reveal himself in order to get BTC listed right?

no body "owns" elastic...it is an open source project..anyone can join, contribute or be a part of it
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:24:48 PM

"Your passphrase will be sent to the server"

Why is that necessary? Why does the server need something more than the signature of the message and the public XEL address to send the coins to?

What risk are we running by sending this passphrase?

HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:49:21 PM

"Your passphrase will be sent to the server"

Why is that necessary? Why does the server need something more than the signature of the message and the public XEL address to send the coins to?

What risk are we running by sending this passphrase?
this means the server who is hosting the wallet.
you can run this server locally on your computer . the NXT wallet has its own server and client
#BiT_pOL

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:30:35 PM

A very interesting project ... I expect to be listed on some exchange to buy some amount ...

a $ 1 million usd questions (or 1 million xel , let's hope?) ...

which exchange do you think will be initially treated this coin? and what initial price target do you think it may have ? (for the first two or three days of trading or even after, reasonable price, although I understand that speaking of reasonable price at the present time of ico and cryptovalues is out of place) ...... I'm asking to give me a clearer idea when buying​​... I don' t know how much was the purchase price may have been during the donation / ico phase  ...
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:46:11 PM

I'm conservative and expect 50 million dollar with light wallet.  When the full elastic gets released, between 200-500 at the beginning.
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:07:54 PM

Elastic deserves a very substantial market cap in light of market sentiments and valuation of similar projects (I think no less than top 40+ to start with = 100+ mill$ cap at minimum).
Despite of the above said, I do not think we should be discussing prices here (there are otc and price speculation threads for that).
HomoHenning

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:32:27 PM

100 million is a conservative guess imo. lets see
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:43:58 PM

Calm down about prices guys. I remember when ubiq launched everyone thought it would be $1 or a few dollars right at exchange launch. It was $0.02-0.04 at launch. It took a few months but it reached dollars.
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 08:08:33 PM

I managed to get the signature via blockchain.info and I was able to verify it, but I get an error. Why am I getting this 'Could not validate unsigned bytes returned by the server.' error? (I didn't upload the sig for obvious reasons)

because wallet is still on testnet, mainnet goes live on 17th with lite wallet. then you will be able to redeem your xel. you did well.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:28:32 PM

no body "owns" elastic...it is an open source project..anyone can join, contribute or be a part of it

You guys do realize that if nobody takes "ownership" of Elastic (i.e. nobody wants to reveal their identity) then that prevents XEL from ever being traded on the only exchanges that matter - Poloniex and Bittrex

It's gonna be kinda hard to hit that 100 million dollar marketcap trading on Yobit and Bitcointalk threads.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:54:54 PM

You guys do realize that if nobody takes "ownership" of Elastic (i.e. nobody wants to reveal their identity) then that prevents XEL from ever being traded on the only exchanges that matter - Poloniex and Bittrex

It's gonna be kinda hard to hit that 100 million dollar marketcap trading on Yobit and Bitcointalk threads.

Then you go for it. I'm serious.
MiningSev0

Activity: 206
Merit: 106

Old Account was Sev0 (it was hacked)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:59:40 PM

I don't think that Richie knows Satohi Nakamoto personally - but they trade BTC  Shocked

New signature to come =D
clivemy

Activity: 190

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:02:49 PM

Is NXT on Poloniex and Bittrex?
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:32:14 PM

One of the reasons I volunteered to work on Elastic was that there was no "owner".  I enjoyed going back and forth w/ EK over various design solutions knowing that both of us were just interested in coming up with the best solution to the problem at hand w/o either of us pushing any certain agenda...we were just working on something fun and innovative.

I'm sorry if that doesn't work well with a lot of these poster's get rich quick goals, but exactly what you are criticizing as a flaw w/ Elastic is the exact reason it was able to get this far w/o any funding.
michaelwang33

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:39:46 PM

Is NXT on Poloniex and Bittrex?

it was added when not many knew about crypto. different times now big exchanges won't add without fulfilling requirements. smaller exchanges will bypass to make quick bucks.

didnt cross my mind this, i do still think donators will get good profit but unless we put a face to it i think top exchanges won't add.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:19:17 AM

I seriously doubt there will be any issue with having the coin listed on a major exchange. With that being said, there are many other trustworthy exchanges (no, not yobit) that can step up to the plate. Tuxexchange is a really nice one, imo. Beyond that, there are decentralized exchanges now. I wouldn't worry about the exchange problems whatsoever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: