Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:09:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274748 times)
Grinny

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:17:23 AM

Yep, BTC-E working again.

AND i was talking to CryptoRally - who is not using the bot for sure - on twitter 11h ago. He/they had the same problems with both exchanges:

I can now only access @Bitfinex and @Bitstamp via TOR. Normal browser doesn't access these exchanges! What's going on?
---
#BTCE is also very slow! It looks like a planned attack
https://twitter.com/CryptoRally/status/393479963325657088

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 08:21:08 AM

BTC-E working again. Still no Bitstamp

BTC-e still just stalls with the message "Loading Data" for me.

Grinny

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:45:45 AM

Yesterday on Bitstamp's Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Bitstamp/posts/458975694219702
"Bitstamp is migrating to new DDOS mitigation partner."

Maybe they had/have some issues during the migration process.

BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
ghostshirt

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 11:09:24 AM

I moved the application to a Amazon Web Services server during this Bitstamp down time. Is it wise to do so? I plan to let it run 24 hour a day. AWS basic services are supposedly free for a year. What do you think?

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 02:59:26 PM

Hey Guys Smiley,
   We heard back from Bitstamp and parts of their API have been intermittently down, they are working on fixing the issue so I think it should be fixed pretty soon. We still haven't heard back from BTC-E but the issue is also happening on their end, basically the API is not sending all the correct pricing data to our servers.

We are working with both exchanges to get this resolved ASAP. Please be sure to post or contact me directly if the issue persists.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience guys, but it's an exchange issue, not a bot issue; we will see about making butter more resistant to these exchange API failures however.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 03:00:34 PM

I moved the application to a Amazon Web Services server during this Bitstamp down time. Is it wise to do so? I plan to let it run 24 hour a day. AWS basic services are supposedly free for a year. What do you think?

Hi GhostShirt Smiley,
   Assuming you got the bot to run on your VPS, I think it's a great idea.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 03:27:26 PM

Well the good news..  Bot Sold at 200 and I made almost 1K..  My first BIG Profit using EMA(the Bot)

Bad news.. I am using Mt Gox..

I have been spending HOURS just trying to get setup where I can request a withdrawal from Mt Gox..  I want to take out my 1k Profit in USD..   (I know this could take 2 weeks or more... Or maybe never?Huh?)

NOW I am hearing people are even starting to have issues with BTC withdrawals...   OMG

I feel that MT Gox is nothing short of a criminal operation now..

I need to get the hell out of there as soon as I can..

What I need to know is what other exchanges that the Bot works with would be best for me to switch to and will I be able to Withdrawal USD??

I dont buy anything using BTC's and I am now questioning what is the point of me running the Bot and Trading in BTC if I will never be able to get my money out in USD

Please if you have any suggestions let me now.

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 04:10:32 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 04:21:50 PM by fible1

Well the good news..  Bot Sold at 200 and I made almost 1K..  My first BIG Profit using EMA(the Bot)

I have been spending HOURS just trying to get setup where I can request a withdrawal from Mt Gox..  I want to take out my 1k Profit in USD..   (I know this could take 2 weeks or more... Or maybe never?Huh?)

NOW I am hearing people are even starting to have issues with BTC withdrawals...   OMG

What I need to know is what other exchanges that the Bot works with would be best for me to switch to and will I be able to Withdrawal USD??

I dont buy anything using BTC's and I am now questioning what is the point of me running the Bot and Trading in BTC if I will never be able to get my money out in USD

Hi Kuroth,
  My personal advice would be to get your BTC out of Gox and into BTC-E or Bitstamp; if I had to choose I would use Bitstamp, they should process your withdrawals quickly and effectively Smiley.

Also, if you are in the U.S., the fastest, easiest, and most reliable way to get your money out is Coinbase Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 04:31:49 PM

Well the good news..  Bot Sold at 200 and I made almost 1K..  My first BIG Profit using EMA(the Bot)

I have been spending HOURS just trying to get setup where I can request a withdrawal from Mt Gox..  I want to take out my 1k Profit in USD..   (I know this could take 2 weeks or more... Or maybe never?Huh?)

NOW I am hearing people are even starting to have issues with BTC withdrawals...   OMG

Hi Kuroth,
  My personal advice would be to get your BTC out of Gox and into BTC-E or Bitstamp; if I had to choose I would use Bitstamp, they should process your withdrawals quickly and effectively Smiley.

Also, if you are in the U.S., the fastest, easiest, and most reliable way to get your money out is Coinbase Smiley.

Pablo.

Thanks Pablo but how do I get my BTC into Coinbase while using the Bot?   I would have to try and Guess when I think the Price is at the top, then manually Transfer some BTC to CoinBase, then hope the Price of BTC dont drop while I am doing all this?Huh?? 

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 04:39:44 PM

Hi Kuroth,

Pablo.

Thanks Pablo but how do I get my BTC into Coinbase while using the Bot?   I would have to try and Guess when I think the Price is at the top, then manually Transfer some BTC to CoinBase, then hope the Price of BTC dont drop while I am doing all this?Huh?? 

Hey Smiley,
  You have to decide how much you want to get out and at what point; it's not a trading decision though, keep that in mind. It's about what you are comfortable getting out and when.

After you have made that decision, you simply send the BTC to Coinbase and cashout, the cash should be in your account within 3 days.

Please let me know how I can help Smiley.

Paablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 05:44:12 PM

Kuroth, Coinbase is _fast_, and oh-so-easy.  Once you are setup, simply send your BTC there and it is bounced to your bank account.  You can send BTC there regardless of where the market is, all you are doing is converting BTC/USD.  Once your account is validated, you can also buy BTC instantly when the market flashes low.

Of you go the Coinbase route, get a referral from someone here that uses coinbase & you will get an extra $5, as will they.

Smiley

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:57:14 PM

I'll take a referral if anyone wants to toss one this way Wink Been meaning to setup coinbase for awhile, and now is a good time.

Soju Boy

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:05:03 PM

I'll take a referral if anyone wants to toss one this way Wink Been meaning to setup coinbase for awhile, and now is a good time.
https://coinbase.com/?r=524b95d6ae57ec62dc00000f&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=
Please and thank you!
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 06:21:20 PM

Hi Kuroth,

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,
  You have to decide how much you want to get out and at what point; it's not a trading decision though, keep that in mind. It's about what you are comfortable getting out and when.

After you have made that decision, you simply send the BTC to Coinbase and cashout, the cash should be in your account within 3 days.

Paablo.

Well doing that does really make it a trading decision as I can no longer do this completely hands off and let the Bot do what it was designed to do..   Not the Bots fault but I am becoming VERY disillusioned in all 3 of these Exchanges and beginning to realize they are all nothing but a BIG rip off..   

I am now converting my Cash the Bot just made me back into BTC on MT Gox at a loss so I can just get out of there and NOW Mt Gox is even blocking my Transfer of BTC to CoinBase..

I am turning off my Bot until I can decide what to do.. At this point I see no reason to run the Bot if I cant get my money out...  Just makes no sense..

seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 07:18:54 PM

Well the good news..  Bot Sold at 200 and I made almost 1K..  My first BIG Profit using EMA(the Bot)

I have been spending HOURS just trying to get setup where I can request a withdrawal from Mt Gox..  I want to take out my 1k Profit in USD..   (I know this could take 2 weeks or more... Or maybe never?Huh?)

NOW I am hearing people are even starting to have issues with BTC withdrawals...   OMG

Hi Kuroth,

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,

Paablo.

Well doing that does really make it a trading decision as I can no longer do this completely hands off and let the Bot do what it was designed to do..   Not the Bots fault but I am becoming VERY disillusioned in all 3 of these Exchanges and beginning to realize they are all nothing but a BIG rip off..   

I am now converting my Cash the Bot just made me back into BTC on MT Gox at a loss so I can just get out of there and NOW Mt Gox is even blocking my Transfer of BTC to CoinBase..

I am turning off my Bot until I can decide what to do.. At this point I see no reason to run the Bot if I cant get my money out...  Just makes no sense..

Oh boy.  Ok, sounds like some basics need to be addressed here.  Stand by for lengthy post...

Kuroth

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 07:30:34 PM

I will take all the advise I can get..   Grin    I am pretty new to all of this..

BTW the reason I cant Transfer BTC right now is yesterday I forgot my PW and had to reset it and now when I try and transfer BTC to CoinBase I get the error:

The password on your account has been reset recently. Please retry later.

Nowhere on their site does it state your account will be frozen if I change my PW(BTW they still let me do things that make them money such as Buy and Sell BTC.  Why would they not Put that on hold with a PW change as well...  hummmmmm

Also what does Please retry later mean???  a day? a week? A year???  Would be nice if they told us....  

No this is simply another way to roadblock Withdrawals of any kind from their site..

seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 08:20:05 PM

Recent posts lead me to believe that not everybody using this bot is up on the basics.  To that end, I am going to jot up on the board some key points you should know and research if you are going to trade in Crypto.

1.  Hi

Me.  Why believe me?  Don't.  Do your own due diligence; but this should get you pointed in the right direction to do that.

That said, in "real life", I am a trade consultant and trainer, and I charge for it.  I have no affiliation with ButterBot except as a user.

2.  Crypto

Know your trade.  Know Bitcoin, how to use it and move it.  Crypto is extremely easy to move around, that is a large part of it's power.  Posts about not being able to access/move/exchange one's funds are a massive case of cart-before-horse in-over-your-head trading.  Don't take offense, learn what you are doing wrong and fix it... I will show you how.

3.  Portal

Very first on your "I-wanna-b-a-trader" checklist is your portal.  You need to be able to exchange USD for BTC in minutes; not days.  Do not confuse your portal with your exchange.  At the exchange, that is just money on books.  I am talking about getting real, physical paper $20 bill into BTC and back again.

EXAMPLE
I "park" my mortgage payment in a trade account each month until the day it is due.  This past month, a very good month, that mortgage payment made me more then $700 in profit in the time it sat there.  This is the power of a good portal.

Use your portal to move your money between your bank account and the exchanges, _not_ the exchange withdrawal/deposit system.

I use and recommend Coinbase as my portal.

4.  Exchange

So much info is available on the different exchanges it seems redundant to write anything on this, but based on a post here earlier, I guess not everybody reads as much as I do, so I will address the 4 largest, in descending order of "respect":

BitStamp:  Widely regarded as the standard leader at this point.  This said, they are going through a spot of growing pains, and often get overwhelmed in heavy trading.

BTC-e:  Located in Russia, this exchange has continued to surprise and impress.  They do not have the volume of the larger exchanges (for you whales out there), but they are solid, and I have never experience a single problem trading there.  Low fees and predictable curves have made it the most profitable butter accounts for me & mine.

BTCChina:  New on the scene, and taking the lead.  They do not deal in USD, however, so have not had much to do with them

GOX:  What can be said here that is not already splashed all over the news & internet?  Stay away!!  They are a mess, a risk, and just not worth the headache.

If you are trading larger amounts (>$10,000), I recommend spreading the investments across more then one exchange.  This diversification helps manage risk and reduces the shock to the market when Butter buys/dumps large sums.

5.  Strategy

Hundreds of thousands of books have been written on this part.  If you read them all, you may or may not be able to beat ButterBot, because it uses a pretty solid strategy for the Crypto trade right now.  Butter has made over 40% returns for me in the time I have been using it (a couple of months).  I know few people that have been able to beat that.

So for the purposes of this forum, the strategy I recommend is to tune your settings carefully to the exchange you are using, and leave it alone.  I check/re-tune about once a week.  That is too often, but I feel useless if I don't.

If you need a Coinbase account, feel free to use this link; it will kick us both back $5:

https://coinbase.com/?r=5170cd8e09b9d96e2f000009&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=

If you have not purchased Butter yet, feel free to use this link... again, we both get a kickback:

https://butter-bot.com/?r=82a121d4

If any of the above helped you, feel free to buy me a cup of coffee:

1QGr5R2An47fmM1fAjeaG1JAnfis81wTNC

Sean

Smiley

Soju Boy

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:25:18 PM

Some of the bitstamp API seems to be back online; bitcoinity is returning an accurate graph now. But is anyone else's butterbot stuck "loading data" like mine? If it's not just me I'm sure it'll be fixed within a couple of hours.
Grinny

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:26:13 PM

Loading data...

seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 08:31:47 PM

I will take all the advise I can get..   Grin    I am pretty new to all of this..

BTW the reason I cant Transfer BTC right now is yesterday I forgot my PW and had to reset it and now when I try and transfer BTC to CoinBase I get the error:

The password on your account has been reset recently. Please retry later.

Nowhere on their site does it state your account will be frozen if I change my PW(BTW they still let me do things that make them money such as Buy and Sell BTC.  Why would they not Put that on hold with a PW change as well...  hummmmmm

Also what does Please retry later mean???  a day? a week? A year???  Would be nice if they told us....  

No this is simply another way to roadblock Withdrawals of any kind from their site..

GOX has been plagued with hacks/thefts.  I for one approve of that move, having lost a few thousand dollars there in the early days to a hack/theft.

That is not an unusual safety measure, I think it is pretty typical among the exchanges.

As for why they do not tell you "when", it is another safety masure.  If it told you to log back in in 24hrs, a thief could try to beat you to it (if he were the one that changed your password) by hitting the account in 24hrs & 1 minute.

Digressing, use good passwords (check out the lastpass.com service), and all the enhanced security an exchange offers.  The net is full of Pirates!!  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: