Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:34:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274742 times)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:29:02 PM

I've gone through the past 30+ pages in this thread and can't find anything relating to a question I have, which seems like it should be pretty common:

Can I use Butter Bot on multiple exchanges simultaneously from the same machine with the same license? I only have one desktop PC that I trust to run Butter Bot, but quickly I discovered that if I open two Chrome windows, the bot settings will duplicate between the two, which makes it seem like I can only trade on one exchange.

Would there be any way to set up separate instances without resorting to the installation of a virtual machine? I'd like to be able to trade a few exchanges (ie. BTC-E, Gox, Bitstamp) at the same time to decrease my risk in the form of one of these places rolling up overnight or being "hacked".

Hi Smiley,
  Yes, you can have multiple profiles running on the same machine simultaneously and run one bot per profile. It's pretty easy, here's a description on how to set it up: http://cybernetnews.com/chrome-multiple-profiles/

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:31:30 PM

are there any plans of integrating Ichimoku in v3? Would really love to see that!

I bet that would be one of the possible engine modules for V4. That indicator is way too complex to just "bolt in".

Hey Smiley,
  I'll be sure to bring this up with the dev team Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
chatnoir

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:16:45 AM

hey pablo,

thanks for the update.

great new BTC-e graph on the beta. i say great, i mean improved and working.

stop loss added to all the trading engines. how would we go about using that and why?

I can't see anything else cosmetic, have you changed anything "under the hood"?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 09:07:50 PM

hey pablo,

thanks for the update.

stop loss added to all the trading engines. how would we go about using that and why?

Hi Chatnoir Smiley,
  Glad you like it, we aim to release it tomorrow night Smiley.

I would stay away from Stop Loss in general, it's a complex feature to set and when set improperly can cause losses. It's mostly available as a test feature for advanced traders. If you are dead set on using it, drop me an email, I will be happy to help you develop it.

There have been several "under the hood improvements" among them a solution to email trigger flooding on Bitstamp and BTC-E.

The main changes have to do with the graphing engine and how data is presented and can manipulated Smiley.

Please let me know if you have any more feedback Smiley.

Pablo.

P.S. the next release (after this one) should be a welcome surprise for everyone, stay tuned Smiley.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
AnhBen

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 10:43:45 PM

Looking forward to the next release! Need beta testing?

Twitter @iKcul
Best news agg: http://KculShare.com
XPM: AVmbdubJMrEDBgpvxaXGTqtdB8C2CRSk7f
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 12:54:11 AM

Looking forward to the next release! Need beta testing?

Hi Ahn:),
 Thanks Smiley. I will be sure to let you know about the next Beta Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:58:05 AM

Is anyone using settings that get greater than 16,000% when backtesting on BTC-e for 1 year, who would care to share such settings?

16,665% is the best I've been able to come up with thus far after running the bot for 3 months, and I'm just wondering what other high-yield settings might exist to beat this little record of mine here.

Once I saw someone in the thread talk about how they were getting 18,000% somehow, but they didn't share what settings were able to pull that off.

Thank you in advance.
42,000 % over 1 year if I recall correctly.

Some settings as high as 53,000% though I don't recall ever talking about it publicly. You can probably do better if you employ multiple trading strategies with separate accounts.

You should aim for 21~23% per week in your back testing.
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:14:46 PM

hey pablo,

thanks for the update.

Hi Chatnoir Smiley,
  Glad you like it, we aim to release it tomorrow night Smiley.

I would stay away from Stop Loss in general, it's a complex feature to set and when set improperly can cause losses. It's mostly available as a test feature for advanced traders. If you are dead set on using it, drop me an email, I will be happy to help you develop it.

There have been several "under the hood improvements" among them a solution to email trigger flooding on Bitstamp and BTC-E.

The main changes have to do with the graphing engine and how data is presented and can manipulated Smiley.

Please let me know if you have any more feedback Smiley.

Pablo.

P.S. the next release (after this one) should be a welcome surprise for everyone, stay tuned Smiley.

think its awesome you guys are listening to the ppl on the forum and implementing changes this fast.

keep up the good work Smiley

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 06:44:12 PM

Scam Alert!!!!

Friends,
   Some unscrupulous individuals have cloned our website and are most likely using it to distribute malware; please stay away from this site: http://www (dot) avalon-bot (dot) com

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 08:59:52 PM

V2.5 Released!!!

Friends, V2.5 has been released; you do not need to do anything, your software will update automatically throughout the next 24-48 hours. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any issues at all Smiley.

Change Log:

* New Charting engine which offers more features and increases availability (also fixes BTC-E issue)
* Fix for buy-order-triggered flood
* Several smaller bug fixes and improvements

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
threedrules

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:41:14 PM

Scam Alert!!!!

Friends,
   Some unscrupulous individuals have cloned our website and are most likely using it to distribute malware; please stay away from this site: http://www (dot) avalon-bot (dot) com

Pablo.

avalon.trading.bot v2.2 has some trojans in them

AVG    PSW.MSIL.KLX    20140104
Avast    Win32:Downloader-UTU [Trj]    20140104
DrWeb    Trojan.KeyLogger.8784    20140104
ESET-NOD32    a variant of MSIL/Injector.CKA    20140104
Kaspersky    Backdoor.Win32.DarkKomet.buxz    20140104
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:02:07 AM

V2.5 Released!!!

Friends, V2.5 has been released; you do not need to do anything, your software will update automatically throughout the next 24-48 hours. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any issues at all Smiley.

Change Log:

* New Charting engine which offers more features and increases availability (also fixes BTC-E issue)

Pablo.
I would ask you to reconsider rolling out updates automatically. Some users will want to wait and see if other users find bugs in the newest updates before rolling it out on a production and live environment.

It has been more than once that even beta testers have missed certain bugs which cause (somewhat) serious problems.

If there is a goofup somewhere down the line and a critical bug remains undetected until it goes live across a wide variety of computer users with different setups....well, I am sure those users will be hounding you guys for the BTC that is lost.

I think it is a nice idea. But it is not without serious risks. At least if someone opts-in to install it, you can point back to some kind of Terms of Service that protects you. Rolling out new versions automatically is fraught with all sorts of problems.

Keep this firmly in mind, if the update process is transparent and does not ask for user intervention, the basic thrust is that you are swapping out code and running it on many users computers. Even in large scale rolls outs, companies don't swap out new software versions until they have time to test for bugs that the developers often can't catch on the first try.
AnhBen

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 06:24:36 AM

Scam Alert!!!!

Friends,

Pablo.

avalon.trading.bot v2.2 has some trojans in them

AVG    PSW.MSIL.KLX    20140104
Avast    Win32:Downloader-UTU [Trj]    20140104
DrWeb    Trojan.KeyLogger.8784    20140104
ESET-NOD32    a variant of MSIL/Injector.CKA    20140104
Kaspersky    Backdoor.Win32.DarkKomet.buxz    20140104

Only affecting windows?

Twitter @iKcul
Best news agg: http://KculShare.com
XPM: AVmbdubJMrEDBgpvxaXGTqtdB8C2CRSk7f
joehal

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:12:48 PM

I read here about the "Trailing Stop Loss" but from stock trading a trailing stop loss "automatically tracks the stock’s price direction and does not have to be manually reset like the fixed stop loss"
 - because it will auto-update itself and follow the current price. And only when the price drop n% from the current maximum price - it will execute a sell.

But reading here I see that you have to update daily the Stop Loss ? or reset the bot ?
but you would have to be monitoring the bot constantly

I would like for example to sell 2 BTC at the current price of 900 $. But instead of just selling now, I could wait and use the Butter Bot as a stop loss sell bot. Is that possible ? Can I deactivate the trading bot and just use the TSL feature ?  And so instead of selling right now, I will wait a few days and the bot will sell the 2 btc at the next price drop.

2. If I have 6 bitcoins, can the TSL sell only 2 ?  Do I have to write "4"  in the "Bitcoin reserve" setting ?

3. Does the butter bot react and will sell instant with TSL in case of a sudden drop ? Do I need to set "Trade Frequency" to 1 minute or 5 minutes ?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 09:01:53 PM

hi,

silly question, i have 2 computers that i frequently use in the house... one in my workstation, the other is my htpc which is also plugged in 24/7. how many licenses do i need? can i use one license for both machines, since i only have 1 account at btce?

thanks!

vic

Sure, no worries. You can use a single license on a system or two, it's not a problem :=).

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 09:06:00 PM

V2.5 Released!!!

Change Log:

Pablo.
I would ask you to reconsider rolling out updates automatically. Some users will want to wait and see if other users find bugs in the newest updates before rolling it out on a production and live environment.

It has been more than once that even beta testers have missed certain bugs which cause (somewhat) serious problems.

If there is a goofup somewhere down the line and a critical bug remains undetected until it goes live across a wide variety of computer users with different setups....well, I am sure those users will be hounding you guys for the BTC that is lost.

I think it is a nice idea. But it is not without serious risks. At least if someone opts-in to install it, you can point back to some kind of Terms of Service that protects you. Rolling out new versions automatically is fraught with all sorts of problems.

Keep this firmly in mind, if the update process is transparent and does not ask for user intervention, the basic thrust is that you are swapping out code and running it on many users computers. Even in large scale rolls outs, companies don't swap out new software versions until they have time to test for bugs that the developers often can't catch on the first try.

Hi PuertoLibre Smiley,
   As usual, you are right on the issue.

I have struggled with this situation but as far as I am aware there is no way around it. Google has committed to no longer letting users install third party extensions so everything must come from the Chrome store, but when you update the app on the Chrome store with a new version, it automatically sends it out.

It's a tough issue. We have severely tightened our pre-release protocols and we would certainly prefer to have manual updates. I am not on the forefront of this issue however, so there may be some solution I am missing; I will speak to the devs and let them know everyones position on this.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
ianp

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:30:30 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 05:52:36 PM by ianp

This is likely an easy answer that I've overlooked -- but..

I've downloaded the trial to try out some of my manual strategies. I've setup the MTGOX API keys.

When I try to run a test on them, I (almost instantly) get no results.

Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

Edit --

Whoops -- I had an extra character at the end of my license key. Smiley
uck

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:51:44 AM

Is everybody using the new version except me, or did it not push out like was mentioned earlier?  Can you guys put the versoin number somewhere on the windows we see, like an about tab, instead of having to go into chrome settings to check it?

Thanks...

threedrules

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:29:19 AM

nope im still using version 2.4.1
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:33:46 PM

Is everybody using the new version except me, or did it not push out like was mentioned earlier?  Can you guys put the versoin number somewhere on the windows we see, like an about tab, instead of having to go into chrome settings to check it?

Thanks...

I too haven't seen an update. I guess it must be an issue that creeped in at the last moment?
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: