Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:58:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:31:57 AM

FYI: For anyone that's interested, they updated their prices.
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:34:17 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 01:45:25 AM by nightengale

KnC looking more legit than TerraHash? You gotta be kidding me. Do they have an office? What's their address? Why are they hiding behind a website?

Perhaps this is evidence of a KnC conspiracy?    Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232852.0
bitcoindude80

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:46:26 AM

Is it possible for a local pickup? I'm 5 minutes away from your office.

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:46:39 AM

FYI: For anyone that's interested, they updated their prices.

Updated what prices? Since when yesterday?

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:51:39 AM

So what's the BTC price exactly? You ship to europe(board only)?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:56:18 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 02:14:34 AM by Bitcoinorama

The advance chips are pretty good evidence for at least one order in my book. But I'm just not convinced the ROI is there, especially with Bitfury and KnC looming and looking more legit. Considering the DX's, the hash/USD is worse than BFL. Timing will be critical, will have to get most of the ROI quickly and then grind out the rest as the difficulty continues jumping. In the end, we all vote with our wallets and bank accounts. If they don't get the orders they need, Terrahash will lower their prices.

I agree. How many people have received the sample chips? The fact that TerraHash has shown the sample chips is more than enough to prove that they have ordered the chips, and are one of the first to order. Those who want to wait for evidence are more than welcome to do so. They are the ones who are gonna lose out.

KnC looking more legit than TerraHash? You gotta be kidding me. Do they have an office? What's their address? Why are they hiding behind a website?

Erm...it's in Sweden. I've been there, and documented the entire thing with photos and video. So he's not kidding you.

For the record I like the look of Terrahash, and have done for a while, but Stockholm is closer for me.

By all means Terrahash, if you care to treat me to an all expenses trip to LA? I'm more than happy to oblige a report...Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:57:32 AM

Guys, a lot of these questions can be answered by simply reading the FAQ on Terrahash.com

They will ship to Europe, but customs is your responsibility, IE if it gets tied up, its on you.  You need to know your nation's customs policies.  (FWIW the power bricks have been an issue for people shipping internationally).

The BTC price is now pegged to the USD, so whatever the value of BTC/USD at the time of ordering is what you will owe.  

Another important question I've not found the answer to yet...how do we split billing b/w paypal and BTC, or can a user have more than one order per account?  Limits on purchases?  Oh, and proof of Avalon chip order (which would be, again, absurdly easy to prove).
hchc

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:04:31 AM

Is the K64 module board available for pre-order tommorrow morning as well? I understand K64 is just K16x4, but the pricing looks quite different as of right now:

1x K64 module w/o chip: $250
4x K16 module w/o chip: $90 x 4 = $360

Thanks.

anybody?

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:10:23 AM

Is the K64 module board available for pre-order tommorrow morning as well? I understand K64 is just K16x4, but the pricing looks quite different as of right now:

1x K64 module w/o chip: $250
4x K16 module w/o chip: $90 x 4 = $360

Thanks.

anybody?

Yeah, it sounds like it will be available, I can think of no reason why it wouldn't be.  They charge more to put together four boards for a user (or more likely for four users) than they would for one individual board (even if its four times bigger)...this is sort of a bulk discount for those who have more chips, also the per chip cost drops if you order from them directly and choose the K64 model.   It makes sense financially for them, you are enticed to buy more from them, so they drop their margins a bit in order to reel in more revenues. 
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 02:12:52 AM

Guys, a lot of these questions can be answered by simply reading the FAQ on Terrahash.com

They will ship to Europe, but customs is your responsibility, IE if it gets tied up, its on you.  You need to know your nation's customs policies.  (FWIW the power bricks have been an issue for people shipping internationally).

The BTC price is now pegged to the USD, so whatever the value of BTC/USD at the time of ordering is what you will owe.  

Another important question I've not found the answer to yet...how do we split billing b/w paypal and BTC, or can a user have more than one order per account?  Limits on purchases?  Oh, and proof of Avalon chip order (which would be, again, absurdly easy to prove).

They also have the quite reasonable hosting option, instead of shipping it to you.

http://terrahash.com/hosting/

TerraHash will provide hosting service for TerraHash equipment. When you buy our products, we can host them locally for Bitcoin mining, instead of shipping them to you. We will charge a nominal fee for the service. The fee rate is give below. For the DX Large and Mini, we will put them in a temperature controlled environment. We will hook multiple DXs to a single host using USB hubs. The modular boards (both 4.5GH and 18GH) will be installed in enclosures with proper power supplies and cooling systems. These enclosures will be put in a temperature controlled environment too. We are in talks with a few datacenters in Santa Clara.

If you decide to host your TerraHash products with us, you can ask to have them shipped back to you anytime. We will provide free service/replacement for any defective parts of the equipment hosted with us.

Any Bitcoins mined from the hosted equipment will be divided according to the hash power owned by each individual, and deposited into their Bitcoin Address every 2-3 days.

The hosting charges are as follows:

4.5 GHash modular boards: $3.00 per month per board.
18 GHash modular boards: $10.00 per month per board.
TerraHash DX Mini: $30.00 per month/unit.
TerraHash DX Large: $50.00 per month/unit.

The charges for the modular boards are slightly higher because we have to arrange enclosures, power supplies and fans for them, whereas, the DX Mini and Large already come with these.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:16:56 AM

The advance chips are pretty good evidence for at least one order in my book. But I'm just not convinced the ROI is there, especially with Bitfury and KnC looming and looking more legit. Considering the DX's, the hash/USD is worse than BFL. Timing will be critical, will have to get most of the ROI quickly and then grind out the rest as the difficulty continues jumping. In the end, we all vote with our wallets and bank accounts. If they don't get the orders they need, Terrahash will lower their prices.

I agree. How many people have received the sample chips? The fact that TerraHash has shown the sample chips is more than enough to prove that they have ordered the chips, and are one of the first to order. Those who want to wait for evidence are more than welcome to do so. They are the ones who are gonna lose out.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232852.0

Methinks you are mixing up companies.
joeventura

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:17:59 AM

They are priced exactly the same as BFL ($50 a GH) but they come without a power supply
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 02:35:19 AM

Whats this about 5%? Is that how much deposit we need to put down?
Or is it full payment today?
joeventura

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:45:02 AM

Regarding the boards they are taking orders on tomorrow, BKKCoin (who is writing the firmware) said this about Terrahash:

I'm not sure they realise over there that this isn't going to plug in and mine right now. A lot of the code is present but it's not debugged and it will require quite a bit of work still to get it working as expected, not to mention there is no driver yet for cgminer. So the best case initially is using the ktest program to feed test data and getting any result nonces back.

I've been working today on a kslog utility which takes sharelog data from cgminer and decodes the merkle and midstate data so that suitable test data that is known to give a nonce result can be fed in with ktest. Also, this data is used for the chip detection algorithm so it's needed for completing the firmware. kslog is written and works but I have no idea if I got the endian swaps right. It outputs python and C syntax data statements to use in ktest and the firmware.

#######

So if BKKCoin does not deliver the firmware and the driver, the hardware is a paperweight.
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:15:26 AM

Regarding the boards they are taking orders on tomorrow, BKKCoin (who is writing the firmware) said this about Terrahash:

I'm not sure they realise over there that this isn't going to plug in and mine right now. A lot of the code is present but it's not debugged and it will require quite a bit of work still to get it working as expected, not to mention there is no driver yet for cgminer. So the best case initially is using the ktest program to feed test data and getting any result nonces back.

I've been working today on a kslog utility which takes sharelog data from cgminer and decodes the merkle and midstate data so that suitable test data that is known to give a nonce result can be fed in with ktest. Also, this data is used for the chip detection algorithm so it's needed for completing the firmware. kslog is written and works but I have no idea if I got the endian swaps right. It outputs python and C syntax data statements to use in ktest and the firmware.

#######

So if BKKCoin does not deliver the firmware and the driver, the hardware is a paperweight.

True, but I don't think any of the information above is unexpected. Terrahash has already offered to help BKKCoins write and test the firmware, and they appear to have an almost complete prototype board populated with Avalon test chips.

It's going to be another couple of weeks before Avalon ships the 10k chip order, so there is still time to get the prototype board hashing before the final chips arrive and bulk assembly can start.
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:19:12 AM

Terrahash:

Seems like there are still a lot of outstanding issues/questions:

Perhaps I can summarize them and you can answer them all in one message?

1. Are you providing heatsinks on the finished boards?

2. if not can you provide measurements for a heatsink that would cover 4 chips on the K16?

3. Are you still planning to start pre-orders tomorrow without a working prototype?

4. Are you still planning to provide a copy of your chip order today as you mentioned?

5. When do you expect to have a working protoype to show mining?  K16 and K64?

1. Yes, the boards will come with heatsinks.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. Within 2 weeks. K64 is nothing but 4 K16s on the same board, daisy chained together.

How's #4 coming along?

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:06:24 AM

full deposit today but 5% off for BTC orders
warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:19:40 AM

Will you be accepting chips from zefirs group buys?

stayhomedad1

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:50:22 AM

So has anyone stopped by TH for an in person visit yet?
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:07:39 AM

So has anyone stopped by TH for an in person visit yet?

i'm curious about this one too Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: