Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:27:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:38:28 PM

On another note, I switched all my ol gpu miners over to litecoin mining while I uh um "wait" for my asic boards.. Smiley and am earning more money at a much faster clip now than struggling to hang on to BTC mining anymore,,,so just for those who are still minng gpu in here,,,so far it was a good move for me at this time. and LTC is up somewhat compared to BTC right now.....

Eh I stopped my GPUs mining... weather is starting to heat up here and the 3 6950s were making my place miserable lol

ya i agree,  so this spring I transformed my outside PC workshop into a mining shop...lol, I added insulation and cut a hole in the wall and put a window a/c unit in for the peak heat of the day hours, but running that adds up to... I even made an exhaust system pumping the heat coming out of the back of my one rigs with 2x 7950' in it, I could heat my house with the systems in the winter! lol but ya its like 95 out here right now Sad I had to get them all out of my house.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jc328

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:51:18 PM

Going to have to concur with Bargraphics. 

I personally have felt very informed of their progress, and respect their work thus far.  I am actually a bit confused as to all the drama regarding this.  The few messages that I have sent have all been answered relatively quickly...faster than some big tech companies that is for certain.  Also, regarding when your item will ship, having dealt with Paypal and their bothersome ways, I can see how they have no idea which batch you will fall into.  As most purchases were done through Paypal, if they were to block the account for a significant amount of time, Terrahash has already stated they would issue refunds.  Thus, we wouldn't know your place in the queue until people received their refunds and reconfirmed their payment through their new card service or chose to repay in btc.  Prior to this occurring, they would simply be guesstimating.  I generally prefer a definitive answer even if that takes time.

To me so far, they have satisfied their obligation to me.  Emphasis on "so far."  This opinion can most definitely change in the coming months.  Perhaps my comfort level is quite high as I was able to briefly meet with the folks who work at their office and get a quick tour.  Very friendly guys who appear quite knowledgeable.  Although I would love a play by play of daily activities in their office, I realize the useless impracticality of it.  Eventually, we'd just get posts from Terrahash regarding the weird weather in the bay recently or perhaps the odd explosive bowel movement.   Wink 

I want to hear relevant information, and that won't come on a daily basis.  Probably more likely a weekly or bi-weekly update. 

-JC
Shimple

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:52:18 PM

I personally have felt very informed of their progress, and respect their work thus far.  I am actually a bit confused as to all the drama regarding this.  The few messages that I have sent have all been answered relatively quickly...faster than some big tech companies that is for certain.  Also, regarding when your item will ship, having dealt with Paypal and their bothersome ways, I can see how they have no idea which batch you will fall into.  As most purchases were done through Paypal, if they were to block the account for a significant amount of time, Terrahash has already stated they would issue refunds.  Thus, we wouldn't know your place in the queue until people received their refunds and reconfirmed their payment through their new card service or chose to repay in btc.  Prior to this occurring, they would simply be guesstimating.  I generally prefer a definitive answer even if that takes time.

To me so far, they have satisfied their obligation to me.  Emphasis on "so far."  This opinion can most definitely change in the coming months.  Perhaps my comfort level is quite high as I was able to briefly meet with the folks who work at their office and get a quick tour.  Very friendly guys who appear quite knowledgeable.  Although I would love a play by play of daily activities in their office, I realize the useless impracticality of it.  Eventually, we'd just get posts from Terrahash regarding the weird weather in the bay recently or perhaps the odd explosive bowel movement.   Wink 

I want to hear relevant information, and that won't come on a daily basis.  Probably more likely a weekly or bi-weekly update. 

-JC

+1 Could not agree with you more.
jc328

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:52:52 PM

On another note, I switched all my ol gpu miners over to litecoin mining while I uh um "wait" for my asic boards.. Smiley and am earning more money at a much faster clip now than struggling to hang on to BTC mining anymore,,,so just for those who are still mining gpu in here,,,so far it was a good move for me at this time. and LTC is up somewhat compared to BTC right now.....

This is the correct move at this point.  Did the same thing recently and it is more profitable for now.  Smiley

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:10:45 PM

-JC

10-4 JC thx for that tid bit Smiley lets all move on from this issue....

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:38:18 PM

On a more positive note, check this out. This is the kind of news we all need, TH included! Smiley ... Just another step in the right direction for all of us and BTC

http://www.coindesk.com/german-government-relieves-capital-gains-tax-on-bitcoin-positions/

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:04:48 PM

I think a lot is riding on paypal.  I don't think we will see a post or blog to say what batch till paypal outcome is known.  If they do tell paypal outcome friday or choose to do something will be a interesting day.  I cant imagine them wanting to loose paypal so i think there will be a bit of quietness and waiting.  Either way get your popcorn.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:28:39 PM

I think a lot is riding on paypal.  I don't think we will see a post or blog to say what batch till paypal outcome is known.  If they do tell paypal outcome friday or choose to do something will be a interesting day.  I cant imagine them wanting to loose paypal so i think there will be a bit of quietness and waiting.  Either way get your popcorn.

For sure, and you know if paypal is reviewing them,,which they are, and paypal decides at some point to release their funds to TH (friday or even later), that should be real reassuring for all of us. Cause paypal will be looking at their over all viabilty as a company, so if they satisfy paypal, (which ain't easy) It of course will be great for TH and will make me feel better to! lol whether I'm in the first so called batch" or not...

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:21:39 PM

So .... its Friday.  Who thinks we will hear something today?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:34:05 PM

For sure, and you know if paypal is reviewing them,,which they are, and paypal decides at some point to release their funds to TH (friday or even later), that should be real reassuring for all of us. Cause paypal will be looking at their over all viabilty as a company, so if they satisfy paypal, (which ain't easy) It of course will be great for TH and will make me feel better to! lol whether I'm in the first so called batch" or not...

Butterfly Labs have royally screwed Paypal options for crowd funded start-ups in the Bitcoin community.

Coupled with the scam re-sale of BFL pre-orders, Paypal don't want to touch something similar again.

What does that tell you about Paypal's confidence in BFL.

KnC had massive issues because of this and had to go to extreme lengths to secure Paypal, because they know what it means to have the brand on board for pre-order confidence.

Terrahash are smaller and may have a harder time, but it's BFL who have put them in this situation.

Paypal just do the same as John K., escrow funds for 45 days, but for that they get months of bullshit form pissed BFL customers which has left a lasting resentment.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:57:16 PM

Butterfly Labs have royally screwed Paypal options for crowd funded start-ups in the Bitcoin community.

Coupled with the scam re-sale of BFL pre-orders, Paypal don't want to touch something similar again.

KnC had massive issues because of this and had to go to extreme lengths to secure Paypal, because they know what it means to have the brand on board for pre-order confidence.

Terrahash are smaller and may have a harder time, but it's BFL who have put them in this situation.

Paypal just do the same as John K., escrow funds for 45 days, but for that they get months of bullshit form pissed BFL customers which has left a lasting resentment.

That sums it nicely...However, I would think TH will wait as long as possible to see if paypal will work with them, even if they get CC payment set up today or whenever. Im sure they would rather get payal endorsement.

rethaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:03:11 PM

Requested a refund June 27 1:00 AM pacific, got an auto-reply. No human response yet.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:07:23 PM

Requested a refund June 27 1:00 AM pacific, got an auto-reply. No human response yet.

How did you pay? if you don't mind...BTC Paypal etc

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:24:56 PM

That sums it nicely...However, I would think TH will wait as long as possible to see if paypal will work with them, even if they get CC payment set up today or whenever. Im sure they would rather get payal endorsement.

Also in my experience it takes more than 'days' to negotiate with payment processors and issuing banks. Setting up Ccard payment options takes time, this is the one area I feel TH has been misleading, or mislead themselves.

Paypal would be far faster to set-up normally without BFL's indiscretions.

rethaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:28:30 PM

Meant to mention that, I made an order for 1xK64 and 3xK16 via paypal.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:37:24 PM

Also in my experience it takes more than 'days' to negotiate with payment processors and issuing banks. Setting up Ccard payment options takes time, this is the one area I feel TH has been misleading, or mislead themselves.

Paypal would be far faster to set-up normally without BFL's indiscretions.

No doubt, i feel they will potentialy run into the same issue setting up a CC account with a bank as well,,, for some of the same reasons...I dont really expect to see a status change today on anything, maybe an update reiterating what they said on monday.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:40:42 PM

Meant to mention that, I made an order for 1xK64 and 3xK16 via paypal.

Well they open in about 20 minutes, maybe you will hear then,,or perhaps we all may hear regarding paypal refunds?? lol.. Goodluck, Im in a wait-see mode right now with paypal.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:11:33 PM

Where do you guys setup your CC processors?

If you have all of the correct paperwork (And why wouldn't you) it only takes about 24 hours to get accepted, it takes longer to get your cart software working than it does setting up a merchant account.

Hell, if they got the paypal issue resolved they could literally apply for a PayPal Payments Pro account and accept credit cards directly through their website from them and this only takes like 5 minutes to fill out the form online and maybe 24 hours to get approved.

This is the easy stuff you go through when starting a business >.>
Not sure how it is nowa days, but last time I set up CC it was pretty thorough line of questioning. How long in business, what kind of business, products to be sold, anticpated avg transaction amounts (with range limits) and so on, then on top of that a new internet security questionaire that had to be filled out and completed on line to comply with new federal internet security measures....so who knows what they may be up against in that effort.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:31:16 PM

If you have all of the correct paperwork (And why wouldn't you) it only takes about 24 hours to get accepted, it takes longer to get your cart software working than it does setting up a merchant account.

Hell, if they got the paypal issue resolved they could literally apply for a PayPal Payments Pro account and accept credit cards directly through their website from them and this only takes like 5 minutes to fill out the form online and maybe 24 hours to get approved.

Not sure how it is nowa days, but last time I set up CC it was pretty thorough line of questioning. How long in business, what kind of business, products to be sold, anticpated avg transaction amounts (with range limits) and so on, then on top of that a new internet security questionaire that had to be filled out and completed on line to comply with new federal internet security measures....so who knows what they may be up against in that effort.

Three weeks was the minimum for me with negotiating a processor and issuing bank. I had quotes from a couple. They all want to know what you are doing prior to pitching to you, which in terms of Bitcoin means explaining from ground up, which means in terms of pre-orders most issuing banks will say no thank-you, I imagine. This is not an easy situation to be in. Paypal hate Butterfly Labs.

frankenmint
Legendary

Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:33:18 PM

I've setup credit card processing on three different occasions with my current employer - that is correct, they ask for a lot of information and like reports of sales activity and estimations of sales expectations.  
But in just the last 3 years, this has now changed substantially, PP can be your credit card processor, foursquare could do it with a physical machine.  The barriers to entry are not the same anymore.  However, if you are looking to have a traditional payment gateway for ecommerce, that is still the same and will take time to process and setup.

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: