Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
carolstreet444

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:18:15 PM

Do the Chips run stable yet? Whats the temperature peak?

This account was hacked and used to promote a scam ICO. IF the ICO is not scam, they still used a hacked account

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:18:43 PM

I always thought that TH was waiting on BKK - so never imagined that they could get anything running prior to that. Thing is... is BKK making the overclocked board or not?
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:37:18 PM

Issue with PayPal has been resolved. We have access to the funds now.

About the refund policy, it was changed way before the orders were taken. We believe most of the refund claims being made now are because of the falling USD/BTC prices. The "item not received" claims being made on PayPal are deceiving and misleading, as everyone who placed an order knew that products would be delivered within two weeks of the delivery of the Avalon chips. This was also written on individual product pages. Some people are abusing the PayPal refund process by making false claims. Any how, we will be refunding all those orders now as a few people have showed interest in buying those cancelled orders. However, we are doing this as an exception and our refund policy is still the same.

We again stress that everything is going on-track, and we will deliver all the orders within the promised time-frame.

Terrahash,

Please confirm that you plan to place these "purchased cancelled orders" at the end of the que.  It would be a very poor business practice to allow people to come in and purchase the cancelled/refunded orders including the spot in the que.

Also PROOF OF THE ADDITIONAL AVALON ORDERS is critical at this point.  I would say even more so than proof of a hashing board.  Please provide screenshots for all 4 orders.

knightlife999,

Please ask to see verification of the 4 Avalon chip orders when you visit their facility.  Especially the 2 they most recently acquired.

Will do. I'm making a list of what we need to see and get proof of.

So far, I'm taking pics and video (I'll use my iPhone 5G) of the following:

Office location & Address
Facilities
Workroom(s)
Boards & chips
Case(s)
K16 board hashing (Might only have 2 chips on it, but we'll see)
4 Avalon bulk chip orders

Can anyone think of anything else?

(Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt MMNC. No worries.)

picture of staff and names

Ok. Pics of Staff (If they allow it).
Joe, I'll collect the DNA samples, will you process them?  Smiley

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:10:28 PM

Issue with PayPal has been resolved. We have access to the funds now.

About the refund policy, it was changed way before the orders were taken. We believe most of the refund claims being made now are because of the falling USD/BTC prices. The "item not received" claims being made on PayPal are deceiving and misleading, as everyone who placed an order knew that products would be delivered within two weeks of the delivery of the Avalon chips. This was also written on individual product pages. Some people are abusing the PayPal refund process by making false claims. Any how, we will be refunding all those orders now as a few people have showed interest in buying those cancelled orders. However, we are doing this as an exception and our refund policy is still the same.

We again stress that everything is going on-track, and we will deliver all the orders within the promised time-frame.

I made my order with paypal but the order still says "Order status: processing."

Maybe its just how your system is set up, will the next order status be "confirmed" or even "shipped"?

Its just a little alarming is all. I want to know my order is confirmed. Please and thank you for a reply.

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
syncer

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:13:09 PM

I made my order with paypal but the order still says "Order status: processing."

Maybe its just how your system is set up, will the next order status be "confirmed" or even "shipped"?

Its just a little alarming is all. I want to know my order is confirmed. Please and thank you for a reply.
processing = confirmed
bebfoo

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:14:12 PM

My order says the same "processing".  AFAIK this is totally normal.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 10:53:47 PM

Terrahash has an article about their refund policy on Coindesk.com
CoinDesk has written an article about TerraHash's scam like refund policy switcheroo and refusing customers requests for a refund at http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-asic-builder-terrahash-changes-refund-policy-and-refuses-customer/

ftfy

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:57:12 PM

Terrahash has an article about their refund policy on Coindesk.com at http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-asic-builder-terrahash-changes-refund-policy-and-refuses-customer/

Good to see its getting some attention outside of thread.
btceic

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 12:09:17 AM

If there's anyone with chips looking to jump ship, I'm still offering assembly service on K16s. You'll have to PM me for availability, though, as I'm also trying two draw down my excess component inventory.

If I ever get my refund back before they go bankrupt or skip town, I will be needing to re-deploy those funds somewhere, what are your offers?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:10:57 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 02:32:57 AM by MinermanNC

This is all I have to say on the refund issue for now. I based in part, my decision to purchase and deal with TH based on the refund policy I read prior to the 18th. Now did I go back and re-read it before placing my order? NO. I felt I had no need to. I read the earlier version and felt somewhat reassured that with a refund policy like I had read, that TH seemed to be pretty straight up and willing to play by the rules in that regard. I put that part of my decision behind me, never thinking that it would EVER change, and why would it? So, here we are now. Anyways...I feel its a little un business like and self serving, and some may argue that hey they have to cover their risk and so on....and others will argue don't whine blah blah blah , its new technology and BTC investing is risky and ,,,, So cancel,, more spare boards for us to order etc. Ya we all know the story there. But in principle, changing the policy the way they did and the timing of it was wrong and may come back to haunt them. (and it already may be with the Coindesk article) One last thought, they said they believe that the people canceling orders is all about the falling price of BTC? well I have never seen that as a reason mentioned in here or anywhere, so I disagree with that accusation by TH. I feel that this is part of greater "Story Line" they would like to portray, as well as reasserting their estimated shipping date on their Website still as mid August, and is intended to appease folks like Paypal, CC company's and alike (rather than us)and continue to buy time for whatever reasons they have. Does anyone honestly believe their boards will ship by Mid August? I still hope so! and it is encouraging to see them communicating with BKK.....Enough said on this. BTW BTC 88.90 as of this posting Smiley

Edit: Whomever is communicating with BKK  from TerraHash does seem to know what they are talking about when it comes to the board development. Lets hope we see more of that. And for the record, from what I read, BKK does not appear to have any issue or ill will with Terrahash, and welcomes any help they can send his way...in so many words. Lets give credit due where due Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
btceic

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 01:02:23 AM

If I ever get my refund back before they go bankrupt or skip town, I will be needing to re-deploy those funds somewhere, what are your offers?

$107 per K16 via BTC. Shipping within two weeks after receiving chips. Partial refunds if we come in under budget.

There are currently only 52 K16s left.

I will be needing hosting, any solutions for that?

oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:35:27 AM

$107 per K16 via BTC. Shipping within two weeks after receiving chips. Partial refunds if we come in under budget.

Take this shit elsewhere please.
btceic

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 01:40:06 AM

why? its not being used for anything else!

oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:01:28 AM

why? its not being used for anything else!

There's 117 pages on this thread.  I'd wager that btceic has 117 posts.  I'd double down and say that none of the posts have added any wisdom to this forum.

ryepdx - come on, you know selling on someone else's thread isn't cool.
ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:34:59 AM

ryepdx - come on, you know selling on someone else's thread isn't cool.

Fair enough. I'll delete my other posts.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:46:01 AM

Quote from: cardcomm on Today at 04:42:40
I'm not sure what you mean by this. But Terrahash haven't exactly endeared themselves to this community...

I don't have a problem with TerraHash, other than maybe they don't communicate much. I hope they can get good results and do well with the board, and will help, time depending, if I can. - BKKCoins

Let Terrahash get to work guys if you don't want their boards find some time to harass BFL or some other group. I suspect these guys will put out a functional and reasonably priced board. They have the people, the equipment. I wish them luck and I hope they can continue to support BKKCoins as he moves forward.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:06:33 AM

Quote from: cardcomm on Today at 04:42:40
I'm not sure what you mean by this. But Terrahash haven't exactly endeared themselves to this community...

I don't have a problem with TerraHash, other than maybe they don't communicate much. I hope they can get good results and do well with the board, and will help, time depending, if I can. - BKKCoins

Let Terrahash get to work guys if you don't want their boards find some time to harass BFL or some other group. I suspect these guys will put out a functional and reasonably priced board. They have the people, the equipment. I wish them luck and I hope they can continue to support BKKCoins as he moves forward.
I really do love it when you drop in and pay us a visit Bicknellski, your grace, calm hand and cool head is appreciated Smiley

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:15:35 AM

Well I ain't so calm or graceful... but I am pretty sure these guys are not trying to take you all on a ride... so it is best people just let them do the job of making board and shipping when the time is right. I think the CALM and GRACEFUL should be applied to BKKCoins. Obviously he sees the merit in working with Terrahash and that to me is what means something. Forward is the best direction.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:28:20 AM

Well I ain't so calm or graceful... but I am pretty sure these guys are not trying to take you all on a ride... so it is best people just let them do the job of making board and shipping when the time is right. I think the CALM and GRACEFUL should be applied to BKKCoins. Obviously he sees the merit in working with Terrahash and that to me is what means something. Forward is the best direction.
For sure! and at least your honest about yourself lol,
Thx

knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:47:06 AM

Hello Everyone,

I made the trip to Terrahash today and was able to find out a few things. I called twice in the morning and got no answer, so they were not expecting me today. I arrived at their office at 14:40 hours. The door was unlocked and I entered the office. I noted the receptionist desk with the computer and printer on it. We have seen that desk in the photos that TH posted last month. Amir was in his office working on the K16 board with all 16 chips. He greeted me and was very friendly and polite. He told me that he was not expecting me until Thursday. I mentioned calling earlier and noted that the voicemail was not working at the time. Amir noted that he was advised to not provide unrestricted video of his entire office due to legal concerns. I understood this, as I am familiar with California recording laws.  However, he did allow me to video the cards on his desk to verify that they are in his possession and he has the sample chips. His desk had a large amount of testing equipment, meters, and soldering gear in addition to a PC. He stated that now that BKK has his board working, they are planning on getting their full K16 up and hashing in the next day or two. He requested that I return to video the K16 working in the coming days. His tech is coming into the office to work late this evening and will be finishing what is necessary to begin hashing on the board. I said that I would be willing to return tomorrow, and he said that he wants to make sure the board is hashing to make my trip worth it. After making the video of the boards, Amir stated that he had a 3pm appointment he was late for. As it was 15:00, I gave him my business card and he said that he would call me to come in and record the board hashing. He also said that he would allow me to take pictures of their bulk chip invoices when I returned. I left at this point. I only had 15 minutes to speak with him (if that). There isn't much to the video I was able to take. Just confirmation that they are at the address listed, and they have the boards and sample chips that they have claimed to have. I'll include a link to the video below. I found out a few additional items of interest. I'll include them below.

Here is what I was able to find out:

1. Terrahash is finalizing their own boards using BKK's thread as a guide (already known).
2. Terrahash will be using an outside company to assemble the boards(once chips arrive). That is why they have given the 2 week time frame from the day they receive the chips. They are paying a company to mount the chips. Amir said that he would speak to the plant that will be doing assembly to see if I can pay them a visit in the coming week.
3. Terrahash has ordered an additional 20k chips from people in the Bay Area in addition to the 40k chips they presently have on order. They will use those chips to fulfill the orders and the rest will be used for regular internet sales once our pre-orders are shipped. If they have 60k chips on order, and all Avalon batches are being shipped (which is what appears to be the case), then we should all be in the "first batch". Amir stated that they bought the additional 20k chips to be certain that they can fulfill all of our orders on time and have enough to open the website to regular sales after we have received our orders.
4. Terrahash's office is just an office. It's not an assembly facility. Other than 4 boards and sample chips, they will be mounting and assembling all other boards off site. When I go back in the next few days to a week, I will take pictures of the case and get more information about where they will assemble full units. I'm assuming that they will do it at their office and ship from there.
5. Amir was advised to limit pictures and videos. It is private property and according to California state law, that is their right. Though he was advised to do that he will allow me to video the board hashing and take pictures of their chip invoices when I return. (Refer to: http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/access-private-property  &   http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/california-recording-law   &   http://www.aclupa.org/issues/freespeech/kyrwhentakingphotosandmaki.htm)

Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2mtVPXKeA

Here are some pictures I took of the boards:

http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/knightlife999/library/

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will keep everyone posted about my upcoming 2nd trip to Terrahash. I feel confident that we will get our products. If I don't hear back from them by early next week, I will make the trip anyway to check on progress.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: