Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:52:18 PM

Hey I hope I was wrong!! Thats wonderfull if they are coming with heatsinks, I was under the impression we will have to provide "cooling" as in heat sinks as well. So, thanks I will double check but that is great if so!
EDIT: Just re read their website,,,It says nothing about heat sinks one way or the other?Huh just "completely assembled boards" ok,,,Ill just email them and double double check,,,lol,, Not that Im doubting YOU Smiley

Yes 'cooling' may need to be provided - in addition to the heatsink.  The idea is the boards come with the heatsink but you may need/want to provide additional cooling (i.e. a fan or 5) depending on different factors - overclocking, high density placement, putting in a small enclosure, running someplace with a high ambient temp, etc

Well at first i thought they did have the heat sinks,,,but didnt know that for sure,,,guess i "assumed" ( and I read so many other threads on people looking for heat sinks but that may have been more for development of case builders like bicknellski and company) but Im cool with creating airflow as I figured on that,,,but thank you for shedding light on that question! Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:31:06 AM

Did Terrahash say they were making boards?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.new;topicseen#new

Read
pixl8tr

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:01:27 AM

I believe they had a few boards made and populated from Bkkcoins early designs. But, they have been silent on the matter since they said they were waiting for more parts.

https://terrahash.com/sample-avalon-chips-and-klondike-16-boards/

https://terrahash.com/terrahash-assembles-the-first-klondike-16-board-for-testing/

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:10:06 AM

Interesting.

BKKoins, can You write some manual how to flash that PIC?
P.S. Ssory for my English, I am from Ukraine  Embarrassed
If you've been following the thread you'll know there are several errors on this board that need to be fixed before you can power it. And you'll have to bend the PIC pins under to fit the pads. I really don't have time now to write up a manual for a test board. You won't get good result capture unless you add another NOR gate off board. All reasons why people should not order boards based on prototype design files, as warned.

Are you working with Terrahash?? They mentioned recently they are ordering boards.
Hopefully the right ones
I haven't heard a peep from them so have no idea what they're up to or if they have made new boards or software.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
hchc

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:53:56 AM

Can somebody give them a visit at their office to see wth is going on?

1800 Wyatt Drive, Suite 15, Santa Clara, CA 95054

I found their physical address because I have been asking where I should send my chips several times with no reply.

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:03:40 AM

I found their physical address because I have been asking where I should send my chips several times with no reply.

There address is right here:

https://terrahash.com/contact-us/

Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:07:48 AM

I think the paypal refunds issue is due to the freeze on their account, is it not?

Also, is Terrahash doing their own rework of the initial K16 separate from BBKcoins? I think they are waiting for him to finish the boards, correct?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:21:26 AM

Read

Ya this is a bit concerning from bkkcoins: his words...

"If you've been following the thread you'll know there are several errors on this board that need to be fixed before you can power it. And you'll have to bend the PIC pins under to fit the pads. I really don't have time now to write up a manual for a test board. You won't get good result capture unless you add another NOR gate off board. All reasons why people should not order boards based on prototype design files, as warned."

with that said, how could we know which board Th is using for a test board? or if they have ordered any boards yet,,,we know about the chip orders,,,anyone know if they ordered boards??

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:25:19 AM

I think the paypal refunds issue is due to the freeze on their account, is it not?

They still could have do refunds on paypal.  Some have got it quickly as said (others such as myself seem to be on slow way to refund).   The freeze is they cannot take the money out to thier account.  

Either way good luck getting anwser in ticket.
fasmax

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:26:20 AM

Also, is Terrahash doing their own rework of the initial K16 separate from BBKcoins? I think they are waiting for him to finish the boards, correct?
No one knows since they haven't given any updates after they completely populated a K16 board over 2 weeks ago.
They clamed to have engineering support  so one would assume they are doing their own rework and modifications.

No they did not want to wait for BkkCoins. They built a K16 before BkkCoins was able to start debugging his own design.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:34:34 AM

No one knows since they haven't given any updates after they completely populated a K16 board over 2 weeks ago.
They clamed to have engineering support  so one would assume they are doing their own rework and modifications.

No they did not want to wait for BkkCoins. They built a K16 before BkkCoins was able to start debugging his own design.

Last word form TerraHash" notice they mention getting NEW boards printed etc?

terrahash

Re: OFFICIAL TerraHash Thread (Klondike/Avalon Assembly US)

June 26, 2013, 08:20:09 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to all other folks. We are very very busy and have very limited resources. Everybody is out today making arrangements, getting new boards printed, visiting the enclosure manufacturer to see which other material we can use instead of aluminum for the brackets (as the ones we received two days ago are very weak), setting up the assembly line for the new circuit board etc. etc. Please be patient, all your queries will be replied to.

EDIT: So maybe perhaps they are reworking and or making their own boards?? would be nice to know Smiley

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:00:29 AM

Final thoughts on this subject for now: It would not suprise me if they are working independently on the klondike, both in design and production and software, aside from what we may read on bkkcoins, and his projects. Hence they may just very well present a new and working board at anytime now as they stated they would, I dont think they would order 30,000 chips while waiting on a working board from another country..that would really give new meaning to "getting the cart before the horse" Smiley We may all be pleasantly surprised in the end! ok,,,Im feeling optimistic tonight  Cheesy

hchc

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:21:55 AM

That's what I stated. No where does it says that address is where they are doing the assembly and is where the chips should be shipped.

There address is right here:

https://terrahash.com/contact-us/

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

bebfoo

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:06:55 AM

Final thoughts on this subject for now: It would not suprise me if they are working independently on the klondike, both in design and production and software, aside from what we may read on bkkcoins, and his projects. Hence they may just very well present a new and working board at anytime now as they stated they would, I dont think they would order 30,000 chips while waiting on a working board from another country..that would really give new meaning to "getting the cart before the horse" Smiley We may all be pleasantly surprised in the end! ok,,,Im feeling optimistic tonight  Cheesy

I'm not sure where you are getting this optimism from.  I'd like to believe this is the case, but there is currently little evidence that Terrahash has made any progress (let alone more progress) on the K16 boards (not to mention K64 boards) beyond what bkkcoins has accomplished to date (bkkcoins news is encouraging!).  So while I'd like to have faith, I don't. I want evidence.  Hoping we have some soon.

jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:54:41 AM

Read

"If you've been following the thread you'll know there are several errors on this board that need to be fixed before you can power it. And you'll have to bend the PIC pins under to fit the pads. I really don't have time now to write up a manual for a test board. You won't get good result capture unless you add another NOR gate off board. All reasons why people should not order boards based on prototype design files, as warned."

with that said, how could we know which board Th is using for a test board? or if they have ordered any boards yet,,,we know about the chip orders,,,anyone know if they ordered boards??

I believe that quote refers to the K1 boards, which bkkcoins has put on hold for the time being while he works on the K16 (apologies bkkcoins if I've misinterpreted you there). You're quite right that he hasn't finalised the K16 design yet though, so it would be unwise for anybody to make lots of boards based on the current schematics. Give him time to work his magic.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 10:56:36 AM

Anybody know if bkkcoins does this full-time or is this a part-time weekend thing for him?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:39:11 PM

Read

I believe that quote refers to the K1 boards, which bkkcoins has put on hold for the time being while he works on the K16 (apologies bkkcoins if I've misinterpreted you there). You're quite right that he hasn't finalised the K16 design yet though, so it would be unwise for anybody to make lots of boards based on the current schematics. Give him time to work his magic.

From what I read, Terrahash was in direct talks with BKKCoins and he would be receiving a royalty for every board they use. With this knowledge you can assume that BKKCoins wouldn't let Terrahash waste money on boards that are not working, meaning no boards have been ordered other than a few test boards just to play around with.

Boards take almost no time at all to print and have made up so I'm not the least worried.
Regarding BKKCOINS involvement with TerraHash: His Words:

"I haven't heard a peep from them so have no idea what they're up to or if they have made new boards or software."

So this would leave me to speculate they are developing their own boards resourcing their own engineers...which there is plenty of in silicon valley..... so this was a reason for optimism, because if TH is waiting on BKKCOINs for a working board, we are all in trouble from what I am reading.

evilscoop

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:44:29 PM

From what I read, Terrahash was in direct talks with BKKCoins and he would be receiving a royalty for every board they use.

nearly all the board assemblers have said that...its nothing special to terra
fasmax

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:56:54 PM

Read

From what I read, Terrahash was in direct talks with BKKCoins and he would be receiving a royalty for every board they use. With this knowledge you can assume that BKKCoins wouldn't let Terrahash waste money on boards that are not working, meaning no boards have been ordered other than a few test boards just to play around with.

Boards take almost no time at all to print and have made up so I'm not the least worried.
BkkCoins has no control over what TerraHash does. Recently BkkCoins stated that he hasn't "heard a peep from them" TerraHash .
It takes time for developers to change PC boards they have to order wait for manufacture and shipping.
At this point if TerraHash isn't a scam  they are probably doing their own development based off of the K16 design.
It would be nice if TerraHash would give an update so we didn't have to guess.  
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:01:57 PM

terrahash has a phone number...
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: