Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:56:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:08:29 PM

If TerraHash are doing their own development work on bkkcoins' design, which could be great (two heads are better than one), I do hope that they will be feeding back to bkkcoins to help him. It would be somewhat out of the spirit of this open source project if design/information only flows in one direction - to a commercial operation. Let's hope "haven't heard a peep" turns into "got some great feedback from TerraHash". I'm sure they have some great contributions to make.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:24:59 PM

If TerraHash are doing their own development work on bkkcoins' design, which could be great (two heads are better than one), I do hope that they will be feeding back to bkkcoins to help him. It would be somewhat out of the spirit of this open source project if design/information only flows in one direction - to a commercial operation. Let's hope "haven't heard a peep" turns into "got some great feedback from TerraHash". I'm sure they have some great contributions to make.
Defintely agree there, but at the same time bkkcoins is involved with a few other wannabe" start up companys for asic miners as well. Im sure if TH gets ahead of that pack and develops a working board they won't be rushing to share their efforts to the competition for free? or right away anyways, enabling the competitors to use their final board designs? perhaps on the software they would share....just thinking out loud here...lol

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:29:34 PM

In the meantime back at the ranch"  BTC value is falling through the floor Sad

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:34:34 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 03:56:30 PM by jelin1984

why terrahash no answer to these forum?
the site is like stop working of after june 2013
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:04:46 PM

Ugh.., just called to check on my orders #1213 and #1336 still being On-hold ($ wired), but after a few rings got a message saying that voice mailbox has not been setup yet.

No changes today either.. nobody answering phone. Sad
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:10:29 PM

Ugh.., just called to check on my orders #1213 and #1336 still being On-hold ($ wired), but after a few rings got a message saying that voice mailbox has not been setup yet.

No changes today either.. nobody answering phone. Sad

They are in the Pacific time zone, so they would probably just be opening as I type this.  Maybe they will be answering the phone now...

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:33:35 PM

or maybe not
maybe take the money and run
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:19:15 PM

I've been following this out of curiosity. The thing that never sat right about this whole thing is the case design. As someone who is working on my own case for my personal project I know about the subject. There is not nearly enough room for heatsinks, airflow, and most importantly cords/cables in the TerraHash case. The edge connectors on those boards don't have enough room to socket either. The non-functional case design and low price brings the whole thing into question for me. Im not sure if this has been addressed before here.
Thats a hard one to say? their design appears to allow some room under the fan mounting for cabling and daisy chaining the boards etc...but could be tight....Im sure they must have taken that into consideration in the initial design ? and the heat sinks appear to flow one direction...but thats just based on what we can see, so will be interesting to see. I plan to build out my own case from ATX mid tower cases...(with mods) or at least thats the plan right now...lol

There is not sufficient room for the cable runs in that tiny area. There is no room for proper heatsinks and airflow. This design is way too tight, and if they expanded it to a proper size it would have to be 2x as large.

I stand by my statement that that case design is unworkable. I can't believe that more people don't see this as a red flag.

I wonder how people ever got past this. Could someone other than MinermanNC please tell me.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:36:22 PM

I've been following this out of curiosity. The thing that never sat right about this whole thing is the case design. As someone who is working on my own case for my personal project I know about the subject. There is not nearly enough room for heatsinks, airflow, and most importantly cords/cables in the TerraHash case. The edge connectors on those boards don't have enough room to socket either. The non-functional case design and low price brings the whole thing into question for me. Im not sure if this has been addressed before here.
Thats a hard one to say? their design appears to allow some room under the fan mounting for cabling and daisy chaining the boards etc...but could be tight....Im sure they must have taken that into consideration in the initial design ? and the heat sinks appear to flow one direction...but thats just based on what we can see, so will be interesting to see. I plan to build out my own case from ATX mid tower cases...(with mods) or at least thats the plan right now...lol

There is not sufficient room for the cable runs in that tiny area. There is no room for proper heatsinks and airflow. This design is way too tight, and if they expanded it to a proper size it would have to be 2x as large.

I stand by my statement that that case design is unworkable. I can't believe that more people don't see this as a red flag.

I wonder how people ever got past this. Could someone other than MinermanNC please tell me.
In reality only a few cases have actually been ordered. So most probably havent paid it much attention,,,good luck with that one Smiley

atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:39:29 PM

I'm canceling. Was going to hold on to resell, but not tying up funds right now with ASICs dropping under 50% value by mid-August, better to buy BTC under 70-80. Will post the progress of the cancellation.

Good luck all!

Edit: If someone wants to take over my account for order #548, I'd consider offers for the 9 board DX Large. Will wait until later tonight to cancel with them.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:42:15 PM

I'm canceling. Was going to hold on to resell, but not tying up funds right now with ASICs dropping under 50% value by mid-August, better to buy BTC under 70-80. Will post the progress of the cancellation.

Good luck all!
Let us know how the refund process goes...( are you paypal?)im weighing my options also now. Lack of communication from TH and other factors as you mentioned. Good luck!

atomicchaos

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:44:36 PM

Good luck all!
Let us know how the refund process goes...( are you paypal?)im weighing my options also now. Lack of communication from TH and other factors as you mentioned. Good luck!

Yes, I opted for Paypal luckily, as I was on the fence, but don't mind mitigated risk. I'm waiting until later tonight on the off-chance someone wants to pay a few BTC to move up in the order chain and take over the account. Unlikely, as it is high risk, but figured I'd put it out there just in case.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:52:19 PM

Good luck all!

Yes, I opted for Paypal luckily, as I was on the fence, but don't mind mitigated risk. I'm waiting until later tonight on the off-chance someone wants to pay a few BTC to move up in the order chain and take over the account. Unlikely, as it is high risk, but figured I'd put it out there just in case.

How are you requesting refund? thru the new support link/tab or calling etc.. i have never cancelled a paypal order before ,,,so thats why im asking

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:55:26 PM

.... Im sure if TH gets ahead of that pack and develops a working board they won't be rushing to share their efforts to the competition for free? or right away anyways, enabling the competitors to use their final board designs? perhaps on the software they would share....just thinking out loud here...lol

That action (holding back the changes and not releasing them back) would be explicit breaking of the open-source license under which BKK design was released and could lead to successful legal action against TerraHash. Not to mention that it would be breaking the promise that they mad on this forum that they would release any changes to the community. They were begging BKK to release the design early promising the moon to him, just that they can make pretty pictures of non-working, even non-powered prototype, and start the pre-sale.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:09:37 PM

.... Im sure if TH gets ahead of that pack and develops a working board they won't be rushing to share their efforts to the competition for free? or right away anyways, enabling the competitors to use their final board designs? perhaps on the software they would share....just thinking out loud here...lol

That action (holding back the changes and not releasing them back) would be explicit breaking of the open-source license under which BKK design was released and could lead to successful legal action against TerraHash. Not to mention that it would be breaking the promise that they mad on this forum that they would release any changes to the community. They were begging BKK to release the design early promising the moon to him, just that they can make pretty pictures of non-working, even non-powered prototype, and start the pre-sale.

Well thats all good what you say, but explain then why bkk has'nt heard a peep from TH in quite a while now "if" they are/were working so closely and are regarding open-source agreements....something just isn't adding up here  Huh

atomicchaos

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:09:52 PM

Good luck all!

How are you requesting refund? thru the new support link/tab or calling etc.. i have never cancelled a paypal order before ,,,so thats why im asking

I'd try working with Terrahash's website first, and if problems arise, I'll go to paypal. Haven't looked at the method yet..

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:15:33 PM

Paypal 45 day buyer protection ends on August 2nd.

Hopefully Terrahash receives Avalon chips in mid July, but based on Avalon's track record, the chips will likely be late leaving Terrahash buyers in limbo.

Terrahash promised to ship boards within two weeks of receiving Avalon chips, so the clock really doesn't start ticking and they haven't broken any promises unless they don't ship within two weeks of receiving the chips.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:30:09 PM

Hopefully Terrahash receives Avalon chips in mid July, but based on Avalon's track record, the chips will likely be late leaving Terrahash buyers in limbo.

Terrahash promised to ship boards within two weeks of receiving Avalon chips, so the clock really doesn't start ticking and they haven't broken any promises unless they don't ship within two weeks of receiving the chips.
The clock is ticking.... for sure...

bsuperior2

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:41:51 PM

The clock is ticking.... for sure...

^ So whats everyones cut off date when you start requesting refunds? Personally i was going to wait until around the middle of July if we didn't hear anything, plenty of time before the 45 days paypal buyer protection ends.
atomicchaos

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:43:12 PM

Ok, I will no longer have vested interest here soon, so I have no reason to bite my tongue or give Terrahash the benefit of the doubt. Uh, no broken promises? Ok, lets reflect:

We will be canceling at 6pm today, all wire-transfer orders placed on Tuesday, for which we don't receive a wire by today evening. Only in very rare cases (mostly where the wire is coming from out of the country) we will restore orders if the wire comes in on Monday or Tuesday. All other wires coming next week will be returned. We also won't change shipping address and/or email addresses associated with an account (except for rare cases). We will compile all the order data during the weekend, and on Monday we will send out an email to all the customers letting them know whether their order falls within the first batch of 20,000 chips or the 2nd batch.

The largest order we have is 2 DX Larges.

We will send an email day after tomorrow to everyone know where they stand.

We will be doing FCFS with orders that have been paid by yesterday. The 2-3 days waiting period is only for the orders paid with Bank Transfer.
We have 20K chips. We will be ordering more today. Avalon will be making chips in bulk. We believe chips ordered today will be shipped at most a couple weeks after the ones ordered in April, not 2 months.
We will send an email day after tomorrow to let you know whether your order falls within first batch or not, and when can you expect it to be shipped. You can then cancel your order or choose to keep it.

Are you providing software along with assembled boards? Assembled boards are nice, but if there is no software to run it, there is no point in assembling it.
Yes, BkkCoins is working on the cgminer driver, we'll be contributing as well.

Are you going to donate some boards to software developers for them to write it (Bkkcoins, Ckolivas, etc)...Huh
BkkCoins is getting a royalty fee for every board we sell.

I assure you, we are doing the business on minimum margins, and will actually be providing a great alternative to DIY assemblers. Putting those chips on the boards manually is next to impossible, and getting it done from an SMT facility is very expensive if done in small quantity. Our purpose is to not wrestle the control out of your hands at all.

1. We are publicly committing here that any information we get from the testing/debugging the circuit, we will submit it back here on this forum, and to BkkCoins so that he could update his designs. Any changes we make to the circuit will also be submitted back.

2. We won't be using any proprietary code. We will be licensing the code from you. If we do make any changes, we will release them to public. We are committed to pay a royalty fee for every board we sell to you.

We actually have the resources to design our own circuit, but we wanted to help the open source initiative by expanding it further. I have offered my help for the firmware in the past as well, but wasn't replied to.

And finally... They took the money, according to their words, it could now be classified as a scam. I still think they can pull it off, but you cannot take that much money as payment and then go dark.

And I am not even gonna comment on every single person trying to label us as a "scam". How can we be a scam when we are not even asking for any money? In the last 2 days, we have received a request to accept pre-orders from at least 150 people, offering to buy around 10000 BTC worth of our products in total. If we were a scam we would have happily taken that money.

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: