Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:37:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:21:04 PM

Terrahash,

Was there a release of the DX mini pictures? You guys mentioned you had them a while back but no release of what they look like.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krayzie32

Activity: 479

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:33:55 PM

For who?  TH?  I'm other side of the US from them.  Why shouldn't we defend them? People have been there and verified they exist and seen the parts.  They have posted a video of a board hashing.  I mean what more do you want?

Support questions answered.

What kind of support do you need?  You don't even have a product yet. 

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
krayzie32

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:37:16 PM

Its my understanding that the k64 will only have or need 1 pci-e and will also be connected with the I2c already in place (to the other 3) I am "assuming" the k64 will be just like the k16 and each board will have its own pci-e connector inplace, in case someone wants to seperate them. The one pci-e will draw 128 watts for all 4 boards. As far as the k16, Ofcourse 1 pci-e and they are supposedly coming shipped with an I2c cable per unit. They will draw 32 watts each. I like you would like a 2nd and 3rd conformation on this however! Smiley

EDIT: Especially if the k16 will have 4 pci-e connectors or just one. Because if seprated, then the only way to chain would be with the I2c cables..... which as 3 would not have pci-e connectors,,,which doesnt make sense,,,but that may be why they have a k64 to save money..? (eliminate 3 pci-e connectors) good question on that one there...since we have no picture or spec on a k64 so far..

Since the boards only have a I2c cable between them, it's my understanding that you will need 4 pcie power cables going to one K64 board.

If you go to bkk's site and get the data sheet it's really is just 4 boards right by each other.  I would love to see the board printed and a picture of it since you never see one and nobody ever talks about them.  Since it's 2 weeks from when they were hoping to ship you would assume they would have some K64 boards printed.

maxpower

Activity: 456

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:43:58 PM

For who?  TH?  I'm other side of the US from them.  Why shouldn't we defend them? People have been there and verified they exist and seen the parts.  They have posted a video of a board hashing.  I mean what more do you want?

Support questions answered.

What kind of support do you need?  You don't even have a product yet. 

Changes of address?

Mac Altcoin Wallets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216672 | Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205035.0
BTC: 13wuRW8v1PtZrbKKrBfT5JcuiCwpMqpCmY
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:53:07 PM

Its my understanding that the k64 will only have or need 1 pci-e and will also be connected with the I2c already in place (to the other 3) I am "assuming" the k64 will be just like the k16 and each board will have its own pci-e connector inplace, in case someone wants to seperate them. The one pci-e will draw 128 watts for all 4 boards. As far as the k16, Ofcourse 1 pci-e and they are supposedly coming shipped with an I2c cable per unit. They will draw 32 watts each. I like you would like a 2nd and 3rd conformation on this however! Smiley

EDIT: Especially if the k16 will have 4 pci-e connectors or just one. Because if seprated, then the only way to chain would be with the I2c cables..... which as 3 would not have pci-e connectors,,,which doesnt make sense,,,but that may be why they have a k64 to save money..? (eliminate 3 pci-e connectors) good question on that one there...since we have no picture or spec on a k64 so far..

Since the boards only have a I2c cable between them, it's my understanding that you will need 4 pcie power cables going to one K64 board.

If you go to bkk's site and get the data sheet it's really is just 4 boards right by each other.  I would love to see the board printed and a picture of it since you never see one and nobody ever talks about them.  Since it's 2 weeks from when they were hoping to ship you would assume they would have some K64 boards printed.

hmmm,,,,I was thinking 1 pci-e would power all 4 boards on the k64 and draw 128 watts etc. So if what your saying is so,,,and very well may be! ...then we would need 4 pci-e connectors for 1 board...ewe,,,thats not what i had planned for,,seems they would jump/chain the power off of 1 pci-e for all 4 boards? makes ya wonder why even have a k64 board otherwise? guess we need some more clarification on it,,

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:03:25 PM

If you go to bkk's site and get the data sheet it's really is just 4 boards right by each other.  I would love to see the board printed and a picture of it since you never see one and nobody ever talks about them.  Since it's 2 weeks from when they were hoping to ship you would assume they would have some K64 boards printed.

hmmm,,,,I was thinking 1 pci-e would power all 4 boards on the k64 and draw 128 watts etc. So if what your saying is so,,,and very well may be! ...then we would need 4 pci-e connectors for 1 board...ewe,,,thats not what i had planned for,,seems they would jump/chain the power off of 1 pci-e for all 4 boards? makes ya wonder why even have a k64 board otherwise? guess we need some more clarification on it,,

You could still use 1 PCI-E power connector from your PS per board - but your would need 3x [6-pin to 2x 6-pin] splitters per board.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Smooth0ne

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:03:46 PM

Yea. Thats why I asked. Doesn't make sense to me if they don't just all run off of 1 PCIE , otherwise just make K16's only, why bother with another design?
krayzie32

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:42:27 PM

Yea. Thats why I asked. Doesn't make sense to me if they don't just all run off of 1 PCIE , otherwise just make K16's only, why bother with another design?

I agree and someone mentioned somewhere that the K64 should have printed traces between all 4 boards so 1 can power them all.

Maybe because not all PSU's will have enough power on one rail?  I would love printed traces but for me it will be molax to pcie adapters

xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:44:33 PM

I agree and someone mentioned somewhere that the K64 should have printed traces between all 4 boards so 1 can power them all.

Maybe because not all PSU's will have enough power on one rail?  I would love printed traces but for me it will be molax to pcie adapters

There are holes in the PCB right in front of the power connector that could accommodate board-to-board wiring of the power.  Maybe that is the intent.

krayzie32

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:33:12 PM

There are holes in the PCB right in front of the power connector that could accommodate board-to-board wiring of the power.  Maybe that is the intent.

I remember BKK talking about using a right angled pcie power plug instead of the verticle one and I bet that is why those holes are there.

xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:46:01 PM

I remember BKK talking about using a right angled pcie power plug instead of the verticle one and I bet that is why those holes are there.

Yeah, looking at the schematic and parts list, it looks like the SMT pads are for the RA version, and the through-hole part is the vertical connector.

atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:11:17 PM

What kind of support do you need?  You don't even have a product yet.  

You obviously don't care about the answer, but to help you out since you must bypass the messages that have been posted already:

- Changing "refund" status in account that is incorrectly listed.
- Changing Addresses
- Answering general questions on ownership transfer (yes or no on it being blessed by them would be nice)
- Helping those with Bank Transfers that show as paid, but aren't reflected on their account page

The list goes on I'm sure, as it's clear that Terrahash doesn't answer their support tickets. Why implement it, if you aren't going to respond to tickets? Outside of the people that have stated they had problems and are not getting a response, one would tend to go a bit further and believe that once we get their product, issues with the product will not be resolved in a timely manner. You guys keep stating that they are simply waiting for the Avalon chips (Which I don't believe that's all they are doing, I'm sure they are busy with other preparation), but if this is the case, wouldn't it be a great time to answer the support tickets?

Again, it was very funny to me that Terrahash didn't like the lack of info on the Avalons, when their support system is setup and apparently goes directly into their trash folder.

I have no other complaint with them outside of this, and it is a big concern because it will most likely be no different after the products ship. Sheep should not just follow the flock without question.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:50:31 AM

Are these things going to come with any instructions on how to get them running with CGMiner and such?
pixl8tr

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:56:43 AM

Are these things going to come with any instructions on how to get them running with CGMiner and such?

From the website: 
Comes with software for Windows/Mac/Linux (runs with cgminer).
   I assume that means that cgminer included with the kit will already be verified to work with the boards.
Most likely plug and play. 

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:59:32 AM

Anybody in here know who this is? I found this interesting,,,ships september 9th,,,,hmmm? notice the speed based on 350 m/h per chip,,,so how can this be? Surely its not Knightlife? lol,,,you live in the bay area,,,,who ever it is,,,it looks pretty cool,,,,but I would like to see a video of it hashing at 22 g/hash first! before i Bid on it... sounds familiar huh?  Cheesy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avalon-Asic-22GH-s-Klondike-Bitcoin-Miner-Not-Butterfly-Lab-/130960113781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7dd4c075

pixl8tr

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:01:57 AM

Anybody in here know who this is? I found this interesting,,,ships september 9th,,,,hmmm? notice the speed based on 350 m/h per chip,,,so how can this be? Surely its not Knightlife? lol,,,you live in the bay area,,,,who ever it is,,,it looks pretty cool,,,,but I would like to see a video of it hashing at 22 g/hash first! before i Bid on it... sounds familiar huh?  Cheesy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avalon-Asic-22GH-s-Klondike-Bitcoin-Miner-Not-Butterfly-Lab-/130960113781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7dd4c075

I am usually the last person to yell SCAM,  but I would never trust anyone on ebay with ZERO feedback. Especially with big $$$$$ items.  The case appears as if its rendered, the rest just stock product art. So I doubt it even exists yet. Grin

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:14:12 AM

From the website: 
Comes with software for Windows/Mac/Linux (runs with cgminer).
   I assume that means that cgminer included with the kit will already be verified to work with the boards.
Most likely plug and play. 
OK, saw that but wasn't sure if I would have to configure cgminer like I did for my GPUs.

I assume there will be firmware upgrades as well from time to time.
pixl8tr

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:17:51 AM

At a minimum, I am sure you will have to configure your main pool and failover pool in cgminer.  I don't know if they will include a configuration script or GUI to streamline the process.  If not, there are plenty of Cgminer config guides for setting up pools etcetera.  Usually USB devices don't require much configuration in Cgminer.  Maybe at most a USB driver installation.  Nothing like setting up a GPU and clocking it.  ;-)

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:25:38 AM

At a minimum, I am sure you will have to configure your main pool and failover pool in cgminer.  I don't know if they will include a configuration script or GUI to streamline the process.  If not, there are plenty of Cgminer config guides for setting up pools etcetera.  Usually USB devices don't require much configuration in Cgminer.  Maybe at most a USB driver installation.  Nothing like setting up a GPU and clocking it.  ;-)

Good! cause gpu setups are a Biatch....lol,,,,, and lock up occasionally....lol

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:28:06 AM

I am usually the last person to yell SCAM,  but I would never trust anyone on ebay with ZERO feedback. Especially with big $$$$$ items.  The case appears as if its rendered, the rest just stock product art. So I doubt it even exists yet. Grin

Agree,,,but it looks and sounds nice on paper (ebay) lol

Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: