Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:18:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:57:29 PM

cryptoin the 4th column says : Klondike 64 (4.5 GH/s) Quantity isnt that 18GH/s ?

Good catch.  Fixed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:29:46 PM

Losing confidence, there is no reason at all for no update. In fact, what exactly are they busy working on in which they cannot provide an update??? One step away from cancelling.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
MrBea

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Bitcorns

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:54:14 PM

Losing confidence, there is no reason at all for no update. In fact, what exactly are they busy working on in which they cannot provide an update??? One step away from cancelling.

Then cancel.  The whining is weak and annoying.

Gathering bitcorns.
darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 06:59:42 PM

Then cancel.  The whining is weak and annoying.

Nr.1 terrahash defender .... lol ... seems like u started posting only to defend TH^^ the girlfriend comparision ... now you complain about people whining ... seems like you where the only one who had such a harmonic and lovely experience at the phone with TH ^^

- 3 phone calls here
- 7 unanswered tickets
- 1 unkeeped promise made at the last phone call

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:05:34 PM

Then cancel.  The whining is weak and annoying.

+1
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:05:46 PM

why a  Silicon Valley based company do these.

a lot of work and nothing else.
does anyone at california go to their  office???

maybe is a scam final
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:15:56 PM

I was wondering , coulded find it on the site

If you order the sole K-16 , does this come with a heatsink attached ? or do I have to find one for it myself ?
assembled by terrahash

Thanks

No on the heat sinks, from what I understand that will be a big issue for many ordering just the boards. I have been searching around for sinks that would be a quick fit...but nothing really  pratical as of yet. Probably will have to be a custom made fit at best in short term, until someone specs them out and begins selling on ebay or in here?..here is a link with some insight.

EDIT: That would be something that Terrahash should add to their site as an accessory item that can be ordered....problem is, there isn't any as of yet that I can find. If i'm wrong, someone please post link to a sink.... :0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208381.40

Actually boards are coming with heatsinks per Terrahash

Terrahash:

Seems like there are still a lot of outstanding issues/questions:

Perhaps I can summarize them and you can answer them all in one message?

1. Are you providing heatsinks on the finished boards?

2. if not can you provide measurements for a heatsink that would cover 4 chips on the K16?

3. Are you still planning to start pre-orders tomorrow without a working prototype?

4. Are you still planning to provide a copy of your chip order today as you mentioned?

5. When do you expect to have a working protoype to show mining?  K16 and K64?

1. Yes, the boards will come with heatsinks.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. Within 2 weeks. K64 is nothing but 4 K16s on the same board, daisy chained together.

Hey I hope I was wrong!! Thats wonderfull if they are coming with heatsinks, I was under the impression we will have to provide "cooling" as in heat sinks as well. So, thanks I will double check but that is great if so!
EDIT: Just re read their website,,,It says nothing about heat sinks one way or the other?Huh just "completely assembled boards" ok,,,Ill just email them and double double check,,,lol,, Not that Im doubting YOU Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:33:45 PM

I am not a terrahash defender, and i have had two conversations with terrahash via phone and 2 via email.

from what i can tell, they are just a small company trying to get things done with little resources.  So they dont have the energy to deal with there costumers, which I must say makes me nervous because i have money invested, and i dont like high risk.

What i like about terrahash is the same thing that made you all buy in, they offered us a service faster and cheaper than anyone else promised.

yes there are people posting that they can make you boards for similar prices, but they are still taking orders for chips that have not been ordered yet.
terrahash had chips ordered, they said they had the ability to create k16's once the chips got there, and they said they would host those boards at a fair price.

so all of us chose terrahash because it gave us the chance to get into the avalon chip race without too much effort or know how.

If you wanted a large multimillion dollar business to build you ready to mine units in a pretty package you could have gone with bfl or knc, but if you had orderred on june 18th your delivery date would have been september at the earliest

you could have built your own k16, but wait. You have no chips, and would have to either save up 70000 dollars, or join a group buy, which would have to be shipped twice, and then sent to a manufacturer..... september deliver at best

So all of us here took the middle road hoping it would pan out...

To Terrahash, If you are trying your best to meet your goals, please take all our comments with a grain of salt, we your consumers will be watching our investment get less ROI the longer you take, and when money is at stake we all get a little jumpy.

PLEASE send us some sort of an update every once and a while, a picture, some info, a smiley face, whatever you want, or dont, im committed either way and the more people that drop out the closer i get to the front of the line

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:40:37 PM

I am not a terrahash defender, and i have had two conversations with terrahash via phone and 2 via email.

from what i can tell, they are just a small company trying to get things done with little resources.  So they dont have the energy to deal with there costumers, which I must say makes me nervous because i have money invested, and i dont like high risk.

What i like about terrahash is the same thing that made you all buy in, they offered us a service faster and cheaper than anyone else promised.

yes there are people posting that they can make you boards for similar prices, but they are still taking orders for chips that have not been ordered yet.
terrahash had chips ordered, they said they had the ability to create k16's once the chips got there, and they said they would host those boards at a fair price.

so all of us chose terrahash because it gave us the chance to get into the avalon chip race without too much effort or know how.

If you wanted a large multimillion dollar business to build you ready to mine units in a pretty package you could have gone with bfl or knc, but if you had orderred on june 18th your delivery date would have been september at the earliest

you could have built your own k16, but wait. You have no chips, and would have to either save up 70000 dollars, or join a group buy, which would have to be shipped twice, and then sent to a manufacturer..... september deliver at best

To Terrahash, If you are trying your best to meet your goals, please take all our comments with a grain of salt, we your consumers will be watching our investment get less ROI the longer you take, and when money is at stake we all get a little jumpy.

PLEASE send us some sort of an update every once and a while, a picture, some info, a smiley face, whatever you want, or dont, im committed either way and the more people that drop out the closer i get to the front of the line

LOl, everyones just excited and anxious, thats all. Human nature..... sorta like waiting for Santa Claus Smiley

bebfoo

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:51:43 PM

If KnC is able to deliver in Sept/Oct timeframe, given their much less expensive per GH pricepoint, it might be a toss-up for ROI compared to TH machine delivered in August.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:53:23 PM

LOl, everyones just excited and anxious, thats all. Human nature..... sorta like waiting for Santa Claus Smiley
yep.. we have to remember that even though we payed around 8 btc per board and they collected enough for 40000 chips
they only collected 5000 btc or $450000 at 90 bucks a btc.... there chips cost 3048 btc or $274320 alone
so they only had 175680 dollars to buy all the other parts, pay for there shop, and equipment, and to generate some kind of income through manufacturing

.... sure hope they have a plan for the asic 2.0 to cover some of that overhead

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:54:47 PM

If KnC is able to deliver in Sept/Oct timeframe, given their much less expensive per GH pricepoint, it might be a toss-up for ROI compared to TH machine delivered in August.
if you thought they would deliver by september you would have ordered through knc.
 I plan on taking any profits that i make on terrahash to do just that though

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:15:29 PM

if you thought they would deliver by september you would have ordered through knc.
 I plan on taking any profits that i make on terrahash to do just that though
Well if TH comes through for us, I plan to order more soon from TH, However KNC is weighing heavy on my mind right now, but not ready to throw in the towel on TH. I like the chips KNC will be using etc etc...still waiting to see how they do, and if they can deliver the goods as promised also...

EDIT: Just saw where they added the Mercury Asic 100g/hash for $1995.00  very attractive Smiley considering I am spending a lot more than that here for less than half that hashing power,,,hmmmm? (and comes with the case and all!) and who knows may would arrive sooner?

Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:27:56 PM

I've been following this out of curiosity. The thing that never sat right about this whole thing is the case design. As someone who is working on my own case for my personal project I know about the subject. There is not nearly enough room for heatsinks, airflow, and most importantly cords/cables in the TerraHash case. The edge connectors on those boards don't have enough room to socket either. The non-functional case design and low price brings the whole thing into question for me. Im not sure if this has been addressed before here.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:40:36 PM

I've been following this out of curiosity. The thing that never sat right about this whole thing is the case design. As someone who is working on my own case for my personal project I know about the subject. There is not nearly enough room for heatsinks, airflow, and most importantly cords/cables in the TerraHash case. The edge connectors on those boards don't have enough room to socket either. The non-functional case design and low price brings the whole thing into question for me. Im not sure if this has been addressed before here.
Thats a hard one to say? their design appears to allow some room under the fan mounting for cabling and daisy chaining the boards etc...but could be tight....Im sure they must have taken that into consideration in the initial design ? and the heat sinks appear to flow one direction...but thats just based on what we can see, so will be interesting to see. I plan to build out my own case from ATX mid tower cases...(with mods) or at least thats the plan right now...lol

atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:49:54 PM

I find it amusing that people choose to defend silence from Terrahash. This is where the majority of their orders are, and either a simple blog update or quick post to let us know where they are is expected when they are given the kind of funding that they got with blind faith. I have no issue at all with risk, but quite a few broken promises have been made by them and no updates.

1). Order ranges. Timing is critical for this, as if you are in the first 10,000, and possibly 20,000 if the orders ship together, you will be one of the first to get the rigs. Seeing that timing works quite a bit into ROI, this is not a matter of seeing where one places for ego purposes, it's about money. They did not do this based on "batches", but did one big purchase, so nobody has any idea of timing. This wouldn't be an issue, but it was said orders would ship by late July (we know that isn't going to happen). They were going to provide an update, but never did as stated.

2). Paypal status - Another broken promise. It was stated that we'd find out where Paypal orders stand, as he said that he might need to cancel them and they need to be refunded and then bought again through other means. Not really a big deal to post the status, regardless if it's "we're working on it".

3). Unless I'm greatly misunderstanding, they are not working on much of anything right now, except balancing finances and making orders. If they are even answering emails, tickets or voicemail, they would be able to cut down on the instances by a mass update.

I still believe in Terrahash, but the people that are blindly defending their silence either have a vested interest, or think somehow their 100x order will move into batch #1 by attacking those who question the silence.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
Silvas

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:53:28 PM

Hey I hope I was wrong!! Thats wonderfull if they are coming with heatsinks, I was under the impression we will have to provide "cooling" as in heat sinks as well. So, thanks I will double check but that is great if so!
EDIT: Just re read their website,,,It says nothing about heat sinks one way or the other?Huh just "completely assembled boards" ok,,,Ill just email them and double double check,,,lol,, Not that Im doubting YOU Smiley

Yes 'cooling' may need to be provided - in addition to the heatsink.  The idea is the boards come with the heatsink but you may need/want to provide additional cooling (i.e. a fan or 5) depending on different factors - overclocking, high density placement, putting in a small enclosure, running someplace with a high ambient temp, etc
Silvas

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:55:26 PM

I find it amusing that people choose to defend silence from Terrahash. This is where the majority of their orders are, and either a simple blog update or quick post to let us know where they are is expected when they are given the kind of funding that they got with blind faith. I have no issue at all with risk, but quite a few broken promises have been made by them and no updates.

1). Order ranges. Timing is critical for this, as if you are in the first 10,000, and possibly 20,000 if the orders ship together, you will be one of the first to get the rigs. Seeing that timing works quite a bit into ROI, this is not a matter of seeing where one places for ego purposes, it's about money. They did not do this based on "batches", but did one big purchase, so nobody has any idea of timing. This wouldn't be an issue, but it was said orders would ship by late July (we know that isn't going to happen). They were going to provide an update, but never did as stated.

2). Paypal status - Another broken promise. It was stated that we'd find out where Paypal orders stand, as he said that he might need to cancel them and they need to be refunded and then bought again through other means. Not really a big deal to post the status, regardless if it's "we're working on it".

3). Unless I'm greatly misunderstanding, they are not working on much of anything right now, except balancing finances and making orders. If they are even answering emails, tickets or voicemail, they would be able to cut down on the instances by a mass update.

I still believe in Terrahash, but the people that are blindly defending their silence either have a vested interest, or think somehow their 100x order will move into batch #1 by attacking those who question the silence.

This is what I've been trying to say too... It's not about lack of updates or detail by detail accounts, it's about breaking commitments made to the customers.
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:05:46 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2013, 11:57:14 PM by fasmax

This is starting to look like BFL!
Has anyone recently asked for and receive a refund from PayPal?

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:46:32 PM

This is starting to look like BFL!
Has any recently asked for and receive a refund from PayPal?

yes a couple did and got it back pretty quick they said,,,its somewhere posted in here, but recently others have said they have requested a pp refund,,but wasn't happening as quick or at all?  read through the post if ya like,,,lol,  there is a few comments on pp refunds thus far... hoping I don't feel inclined to go that route?...but we sure need a sincere and honest update on all the above" from TH

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: