Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:46:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:48:10 PM

In the spirit of honest reporting, I am going to report my Terrahash experience to date:
I purchased one 18g/h machine on June 20th and was debating buying more.
That next morning I decided to make a call.
My phone call was taken and my questions regarding ship dates, chip purchases, board manufacturing and overall warranty were all answered with patience and due diligence.
The professional manner in which I was treated led me to purchase one more 18g/h machine and a 4.5 g/h machine.
I have also emailed additional questions that was answered in the form of blogs and postings via Terrahash.
If reporting this makes me a "brown-noser" or some other name-inducing comment, so be it. I am simply reporting my experience, and my response to said experience, in order for the community to make informed decisions regarding Terrahash.
I would rate my experience with Terrahash to date as good.
Peace.
Well that's lovely....call em today and ask them where are promised video/pic of a hashing board is then! and for those requesting a refund, ask them why they are not honoring those request promptly? ok, get on it! Please report back with more lovely news to share with us......
Peace

Your points are valid, however your tone is rude.
I am merely sharing my experience to date.
If people sharing there experiences is going to be met with derision and mockery you will find that this thread will devolve into a troll box with little accomplished.
The issues you bring up are things that need to be done, but hitting me with your attitude isn't necessary.
Peace, Love AND Hugz.

Ok, well this thread is already there,,,,and whats rude is Terrahash...YOU decided to inject your 2 cents,,,so welcome aboard,,,,and I'm serious about you calling them again. Sorry if I sounded rude, but get use to it if your going to hang in here. Smiley

No worries.
And thank you for the welcome Smiley
I am here to help - I will do what I can to make this overall project a success for everyone - if that includes a phone call at some date, allrightythen.
However, at this point, I am willing to wait on more information from them via blogs or postings, and let them work.

What will help right now is more info from customers that are willing to share their experiences Smiley

10-4

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JakeTri

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:58:40 PM

Progress Update: https://terrahash.com/progress-update/

About PayPal: A resolution is in sight, and we are quiet confident that we won't have to cancel/refund all PayPal orders. However, we are waiting for the final word before we can be 100% sure.

Also, we will start taking assembly only orders next week after we get our test circuit hashing.

This does not address any of the big issue raised here in the past days!

I requested full refund using online support ticket for my order #833 payed in BTC. I'll let you guys know how fast I'll get my refund.

Terrahash just denied my BTC refund request:

Quote from: terrahash
All the products are made on order. We are unable to process your refund at this time, as we have already invested your money into sourcing the components and other equipment. Your products would be delivered within the promised time-frame.

Anyone else on same boat ?

Based on refund policy at the time of the order they should refund my order!

BTC donations always welcome: 1JakeTriwbahMYp1rSfJbTn7Afd1w62p2q
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:59:15 PM

Let me just say this: Unless you have a CHIP ORDER AND AN INVOICE NUMBER AND HAVE REGISTERED AT THE DOOR WITH CRYPTOIN, you do not belong in here and do not reserve the right to post in here. You can post, but it does not have any merit. So please leave or keep your opinions and or defense of TerraHash to yourself. In other words, put your money where your mouth is first! and prove it by registering with CRPTOIN PLEASE.
Thank you,

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:06:23 PM

Progress Update: https://terrahash.com/progress-update/

About PayPal: A resolution is in sight, and we are quiet confident that we won't have to cancel/refund all PayPal orders. However, we are waiting for the final word before we can be 100% sure.

Also, we will start taking assembly only orders next week after we get our test circuit hashing.

This does not address any of the big issue raised here in the past days!

I requested full refund using online support ticket for my order #833 payed in BTC. I'll let you guys know how fast I'll get my refund.

Terrahash just denied my BTC refund request:

All the products are made on order. We are unable to process your refund at this time, as we have already invested your money into sourcing the components and other equipment. Your products would be delivered within the promised time-frame.

Anyone else on same boat ?

Based on refund policy at the time of the order they should refund my order!

Now that really sux,,,and they never said in the order process that our money,,, especially cold hard BTC was going to held hostage while they ordered materials. They claimed to have already have ordered the chips etc. prior to offering the pre-order, seems they are catering their policies to suit their own ever changing needs?

krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:34:37 PM

They probably are denying refunds because the BTC price has since tanked.  They assumed each BTC would be $120 now that prices are $74 they are losing money on people that paid in BTC.  I'm hoping they are not a scam since I have 2 K64s on order and would hate to be out that money.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:57:22 PM

They probably are denying refunds because the BTC price has since tanked.  They assumed each BTC would be $120 now that prices are $74 they are losing money on people that paid in BTC.  I'm hoping they are not a scam since I have 2 K64s on order and would hate to be out that money.

Doubtful.  They probably converted BTC into USD as soon as it came in.  They have to source all the materials for boards and cases and PSUs which are priced in USD.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 08:07:23 PM

Just got back from the dentist and look what the friendly folks at TerraHash left for me.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
bsuperior2

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:23:38 PM

Just got back from the dentist and look what the friendly folks at TerraHash left for me.

https://i.imgur.com/Ku5IIO1.png

Yeah i got the same exact email.
rizzman

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:47:02 PM

Initial Email:

Please refund this order, as this is the second request for refund.

Account: *******
Order# : 591

Response

Amir support@terrahash.com via uservoice.com
2:02 PM (2 hours ago)

Helpful? Click to give Amir thanks!

David  <*******>
2:27 PM (2 hours ago)

To be clear, your blog says that you will ship by the 15th? Is this correct?

Amir via uservoice.com
3:55 PM (44 minutes ago)

to me
August 15th. Yes.

This request was initiated two weeks ago. This was the second request for refund I submitted, and the above is the response received. I did pay with paypal however, so I think I will give them a couple days to show they have a hashing machine, and after that, its dispute time. I believe disputes have to be submitted to Paypal within 45 days correct?
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:57:14 PM

Yea, me too.

This request was initiated two weeks ago. This was the second request for refund I submitted, and the above is the response received. I did pay with paypal however, so I think I will give them a couple days to show they have a hashing machine, and after that, its dispute time. I believe disputes have to be submitted to Paypal within 45 days correct?
45 days yes.  If your ordered on the first day you have until the 2nd to go through paypal.
rizzman

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:15:00 PM

Yea, I ordered on the 18th, so I'm not too sure I will wait that long, maybe till the 30th of July tops, but that is highly dependent on how forthcoming they are on the information part of things.

This is the biggest problem I see here, they could easily pay someone minimum wage / part-time and have them do nothing but give updates on what's going on and what progress they are making... As bad as BFL is, I have to admit I'd rather have a rude ass chick like BFL_Jody pissing me off in the daily update any day over,  silence....

Terrahash... I hope you are paying attention to the forum. I mean its only business you are losing I guess...?  Embarrassed
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:17:26 PM

Just give them time, regardless of their own timelines, yes everyone agrees it is shitty for a company to make a promise and then be late on said promise (Note I didn't say break). But understand that them posting a video up won't get your boards any quicker.

THE ONLY TIMELINE THAT MATTERS IS THE TWO WEEK TIMELINE FROM WHEN THEY RECEIVE THE CHIPS TO DELIVERY.

You are absolutely right, good point.  But should I keep my order hoping they will stick to the only timeline that matters, even if they haven't stuck to any of the other ones that admittedly don't matter as much?  I don't know how to answer that at this point.  Hoping TH will show us something that pulls people back off the fence.  We all want to see them succeed, but nobody wants to be on a perpetual waiting list.

Apparently, their Timeline is a tactic, DELAY DELAY throw the dogs a bone here and there, until after Paypal releases the funds,,, then after that they own us and we are 100% at their mercy..... its becoming pretty clear

Dude, they don't own shit if you pay by card. Visa/Mcard have something like 6 years in which you can claim in the UK. Call your issuing bank and double check. Barclays in the UK for instance take over after Paypal's 45 days expires. I know Amex in the US does for sure...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:18:58 PM

I am paypal buyer, and am very concerned,,,,,  BTC and wires I would be horrified right about now. When I made my purchase with the help of paypal while on the phone as I was actually placing the order, the customer service rep assured me if for any reason I wanted or decided to cancel I had 45 days to do so, he said call them on day 44 and they can assist. So I'm trying to breath easy, and wait for something well defined from TH. I told him it was a start up early pre-order...and was concerned then,...and that's what he told me. He also was familiar with asics and bitcoin,,, so ,,,just repeating what I was told by them the day I ordered with there help, as I was having trouble with paypal going through.

btceic

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 09:20:06 PM

Yea, I ordered on the 18th, so I'm not too sure I will wait that long, maybe till the 30th of July tops, but that is highly dependent on how forthcoming they are on the information part of things.

This is the biggest problem I see here, they could easily pay someone minimum wage / part-time and have them do nothing but give updates on what's going on and what progress they are making... As bad as BFL is, I have to admit I'd rather have a rude ass chick like BFL_Jody pissing me off in the daily update any day over,  silence....

Terrahash... I hope you are paying attention to the forum. I mean its only business you are losing I guess...?  Embarrassed

Less then minimum wage with Amazon mechanical turk:

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:23:55 PM

Just give them time, regardless of their own timelines, yes everyone agrees it is shitty for a company to make a promise and then be late on said promise (Note I didn't say break). But understand that them posting a video up won't get your boards any quicker.

THE ONLY TIMELINE THAT MATTERS IS THE TWO WEEK TIMELINE FROM WHEN THEY RECEIVE THE CHIPS TO DELIVERY.

You are absolutely right, good point.  But should I keep my order hoping they will stick to the only timeline that matters, even if they haven't stuck to any of the other ones that admittedly don't matter as much?  I don't know how to answer that at this point.  Hoping TH will show us something that pulls people back off the fence.  We all want to see them succeed, but nobody wants to be on a perpetual waiting list.

Apparently, their Timeline is a tactic, DELAY DELAY throw the dogs a bone here and there, until after Paypal releases the funds,,, then after that they own us and we are 100% at their mercy..... its becoming pretty clear

Dude, they don't own shit if you pay by card. Visa/Mcard have something like 6 years in which you can claim in the UK. Call your issuing bank and double check. Barclays in the UK for instance take over after Paypal's 45 days expires. I know Amex in the US does for sure...
I will do that "Dude" lol,,,but they still have a lot of time to spend that money after the 45 day mark and make life a little more miserable for people. I still hope we are all badly mistaken about terrahash, but they haven't done much to give us confidence about them.

fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 11:52:41 PM

How could they invest the money if PayPal froze their account?
btceic

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 12:09:38 AM

Has that been proven?

They said their account was frozen but they have mis-represented other stuff too.

bearsworth

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:40:24 AM

Has that been proven?

They said their account was frozen but they have mis-represented other stuff too.

now that he's alive send a reply and say video is late.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:00:12 AM

Has that been proven?

I dont know if we can find out if its  frozen since not our account.   All i know is when i did my paypal refund starting end of last monthish paypal was able to get the money to refund me.   Ofcourse with no TH support in effort.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:06:33 AM

Issue with PayPal has been resolved. We have access to the funds now.

About the refund policy, it was changed way before the orders were taken. We believe most of the refund claims being made now are because of the falling USD/BTC prices. The "item not received" claims being made on PayPal are deceiving and misleading, as everyone who placed an order knew that products would be delivered within two weeks of the delivery of the Avalon chips. This was also written on individual product pages. Some people are abusing the PayPal refund process by making false claims. Any how, we will be refunding all those orders now as a few people have showed interest in buying those cancelled orders. However, we are doing this as an exception and our refund policy is still the same.

We again stress that everything is going on-track, and we will deliver all the orders within the promised time-frame.

And the promised video? <-- This is bound to be asked, so you may as well answer it as your are clearly active on this thread right now...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: