Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:59:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 09:24:09 PM

please just shut the fuck up already. what happened to your group lawsuit with "$500k worth"?    

you are nothing but a bottomfeeding scum giving out false info/hope then strings the lemmings into a blackhole, wasting everyone's time and money.

clap clap clap clap Smiley

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:26:02 PM

please just shut the fuck up already. what happened to your group lawsuit with "$500k worth"?    

you are nothing but a bottomfeeding scum giving out false info/hope then strings the lemmings into a blackhole, wasting everyone's time and money.

I recommend seeing a doctor about these outbursts. They cannot be good for your health.

That being said you are misquoting as usual.

You keyboard warriors are all the same, kicking and screaming on the forum, never to show yourself at any public convention or otherwise.

Take a breath, relax, and try to tell yourself that I'm not worth your time getting this flustered silly.

Edit: Ah I know now why you are so upset, you held Labcoin. Makes sense.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 10:06:47 PM

I have a feeling the lawyer said you would have better luck being first and not being in a big group, as the company would close down anyways even if you win a big amount.  Lawyer's are not cheap and don't waste their time.  That is part of why I'm interested to see if any truly will sue for BTC.  Sadly those who spent in the hundreds I don't see a lawyer taking it.  But those who are in the thousands it's a lot more possible.   

And if you do get a lawyer, I doubt he will be to happy that you sent your information for lawsuit over to someone with no strings attached, or what the information could be used for. 

Any lawyer that would look seriously into a case with their time with people sending info over a board, reminds me of a lawyer like breaking bad.  Sure Sal the lawyer will help you!  But using this sadly TH has already called the vacuum repair man to start on a new identity after TH is burned.

Ultimately I still think it being a legal entity on its own will be hard to get through.  I predict Amir gets to keep salary, but ruined his reputation on it.  The bitcoins he might get to keep, I just don't see those coming back.  And the wiretransfers you will get what ever is left when company is finnaly shutdown offically after lawsuits.

Credit cards and paypal will all depend on your credit card protection.  It's been so long at this point sadly a lot of protection is gone by time.  You might get lucky sure.   

I still don't see how anyone trusted TH after missing deadlines so early on.  It amazes me the amount of money they took in and people blindly keep believing it will magically get put together.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 10:22:55 PM

I have a feeling the lawyer said you would have better luck being first and not being in a big group, as the company would close down anyways even if you win a big amount.  Lawyer's are not cheap and don't waste their time.  That is part of why I'm interested to see if any truly will sue for BTC.  Sadly those who spent in the hundreds I don't see a lawyer taking it.  But those who are in the thousands it's a lot more possible.   

And if you do get a lawyer, I doubt he will be to happy that you sent your information for lawsuit over to someone with no strings attached, or what the information could be used for. 

Any lawyer that would look seriously into a case with their time with people sending info over a board, reminds me of a lawyer like breaking bad.  Sure Sal the lawyer will help you!  But using this sadly TH has already called the vacuum repair man to start on a new identity after TH is burned.

Ultimately I still think it being a legal entity on its own will be hard to get through.  I predict Amir gets to keep salary, but ruined his reputation on it.  The bitcoins he might get to keep, I just don't see those coming back.  And the wiretransfers you will get what ever is left when company is finnaly shutdown offically after lawsuits.

Credit cards and paypal will all depend on your credit card protection.  It's been so long at this point sadly a lot of protection is gone by time.  You might get lucky sure.   

I still don't see how anyone trusted TH after missing deadlines so early on.  It amazes me the amount of money they took in and people blindly keep believing it will magically get put together.

So true,
What bogles my mind is that folks stayed in after it was disclosed that TerraHash was actively refusing refunds.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
fire5

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:11:41 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 12:42:51 AM by fire5

only thing there good for is bumping this thread

Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:25:53 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 01:11:33 AM by Vigil

Bank keeps denying my refund, saying I authorized the transaction, which has nothing to do with anything.

Has anyone had success with a refund? I've been trying for months.
justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:39:30 AM

Bank keeps denying my refund, saying I authorized the transaction, which has nothing to do with anything.

Was your transaction a wire transfer or a credit card? I haven't heard of a Bank wire transfer being reversed. So far only Credit Card and PayPal have been refunded.   
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 02:41:57 AM

Was your transaction a wire transfer or a credit card? I haven't heard of a Bank wire transfer being reversed. So far only Credit Card and PayPal have been refunded.   

Wires can indeed and in fact be reversed but it takes an Act of God, three men, a boy, a donkey and a lot of luck.

Mostly it takes a court order.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:07:30 AM

If it was not paypal or credit card most likely you will have to get a lawyer involved at this point.  It's pretty far from original purchase date, even those will only get harder and harder.
CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:42:00 AM

How do you get a paypal refund after you pass the refund threshold (which everyone obviously has)?

Please and thank you.

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
Vigil

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:54:56 AM

If it was not paypal or credit card most likely you will have to get a lawyer involved at this point.  It's pretty far from original purchase date, even those will only get harder and harder.
PayPal through a CC (well-known CC) through my bank.

My bank keeps thinking I am trying to claim I didn't authorize the purchase and so they say "we determined you authorized the purchase - declined." I opened the dispute back in August and had to refile after I explained their error and then they did it again.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 04:41:30 AM

fyi i got my money back via paypal claim, terrahash never responded or issued a refund. There is no point debating TH's legitimacy as we are all adults and can make our own financial decisions and assess risk/reward. For me personally, i have been around the block a few times and cannot justify risking $10k on good faith with TH after their behavior in the past few weeks - it's a personal choice.

But there are a couple items anyone looking for a refund should know, as there have been so much confusion & misinformation in this thread:

1) If you paid with bitcoin or wire - you are done: full hope & pray mode.

2) If you paid with paypal via credit card - you are fine, can file a chargeback with the credit card company directly and always get your money back, dont bother even go through paypal.

3) If you paid with echeck or funds in paypal, then you will ONLY get your money back if paypal is able to recover the money from TH's account.  It doesnt matter if paypal decide in your favor, if they cannot recover the fund you are not getting your money back.  Paypal actually did us a great service by locking terrahash's fund initially so they cannot transfer out. Also when you file a dispute, paypal will lock the fund to prevent them from been transferred out, but if the money was already not in the account, you are out of luck.

4) Paypal dispute doesnt do anything it's just a back & forth message with the seller, escalate to a claim right away dont waste time with dispute comments, only in claim mode will paypal start looking at the transaction after about 10 days wait.

5) 3) and 4) assumes TH still has a balance in their paypal account and didnt clean out, otherwise refer to 1).

Hope this clarifies for those looking to get a refund. Good luck guys i hope you all get your hardware on time and make a lot of money.

fyi on paypal...

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
justmyname

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:56:17 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 06:13:17 AM by justmyname

If it was not paypal or credit card most likely you will have to get a lawyer involved at this point.  It's pretty far from original purchase date, even those will only get harder and harder.

My bank keeps thinking I am trying to claim I didn't authorize the purchase and so they say "we determined you authorized the purchase - declined." I opened the dispute back in August and had to refile after I explained their error and then they did it again.

Maybe you should change the claim to  did not receive merchandise. When you call them take down their name. Send letters in writing and make copies. Sounds like they are lazy. When a Bank screws up it can be like moving mountains to get them to fix it. 
justmyname

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 06:51:13 AM

How do you get a paypal refund after you pass the refund threshold (which everyone obviously has)?

Please and thank you.

Try this

I talked to a guy in the fraud department named Aaron, employee ID 45731.   He and his supervisor got my money back from TerraHash and he told me today, that he will do his best to help anyone else who can't get their money back from TerraHash.
Vigil

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:29:33 PM

If it was not paypal or credit card most likely you will have to get a lawyer involved at this point.  It's pretty far from original purchase date, even those will only get harder and harder.

Maybe you should change the claim to  did not receive merchandise. When you call them take down their name. Send letters in writing and make copies. Sounds like they are lazy. When a Bank screws up it can be like moving mountains to get them to fix it.  

They are telling me that because PayPal deducted the amount directly from my checking account and not through my debit card that there is nothing they can do.

I also opened a dispute with PayPal and I checked just now - PayPal deleted my dispute. They closed my dispute as soon as I opened it.
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:39:16 PM

They are telling me that because PayPal deducted the amount directly from my checking account and not through my debit card that there is nothing they can do.

I also opened a dispute with PayPal and I checked just now - PayPal deleted my dispute. They closed my dispute as soon as I opened it.
mine was paid through my checking and I was still able to file claim. Call someone else. My guess is TH bank account is negative. Call PayPal not your bank.
Vigil

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:52:59 PM

mine was paid through my checking and I was still able to file claim. Call someone else. My guess is TH bank account is negative. Call PayPal not your bank.

I called PayPal and they are saying we might or might not. So, I was on top of this only a couple days after Aug. 15th and I'm the one getting screwed because I tried to go through my bank. Most people didn't start disputes until September. I should already have my money back.
duke1839

Activity: 143
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:59:16 PM

I know I'm up the creek without a paddle but I'm just thinking out loud here.  Did TerraHash use a third-party payment processor for their Bitcoin payments?  If so is it possible to get in touch with that payment processor to at least lay a claim on those payments?  I know it is probably way too late in this case but perhaps in future cases a Bitcoin payment processor can be insured against fraud or bad business practices and customers can have some sort of recourse like they do with paypal and CCs.

1839REgeNTM2b84byywinp3BjtWdEqw27x
hammurabi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:56:31 AM

Any news to share with us?
Have Yifu refunded chip batches?
Are we waiting for something?
Have you reused/planning to reuse our parts in your mining enterprise?
Can you describe what is the purpose of the stash tracked (below) by fire5?
Do you have timeline of how and when refunds will be handled?

Thx.

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:23:15 AM

I guess it would kinda help if TH actually logged on here.., but seems to me they were NEVER interested in answering anything.
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: