Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:54:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:23:14 PM

You can not change the adress with someone else

We both have chosen hosting...

If you trust him good luck with that. I wouldn't do it unless TH switched over ownership. So TH will contact you instead, when they need your BTC address.  That way no one will have any control over your boards. Not even considering you sending him 8 BTC and hoping he's honest.
That's the plan, only if TH mediates we will proceed!

fyi my paypal claim turns over to paypal tomorrow the 16th if terrahash does not respond to the claim.
if terrahash does not respond to either you or paypal then the deal is off, as presumably i will be getting a refund via paypal.

Once a dispute is closed by the buyer it cannot be reopened.

I only hope that Terrahash replies, you close the dispute and then klee decides not to buy from you. Then your stuck with your decision hah. Justice served.
Lol that is harsh man, don't tease him more he is enough frustrated from the whole issue and I need the damn modules!
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:30:05 PM

If you trust him good luck with that. I wouldn't do it unless TH switched over ownership. So TH will contact you instead, when they need your BTC address.  That way no one will have any control over your boards. Not even considering you sending him 8 BTC and hoping he's honest.

fyi my paypal claim turns over to paypal tomorrow the 16th if terrahash does not respond to the claim.
if terrahash does not respond to either you or paypal then the deal is off, as presumably i will be getting a refund via paypal.

Can't wait until you get your money back so we don't have to hear your whiny ass any more.

I will be the first to send you a picture of my hardware mining!!
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 01:39:12 PM

Once a dispute is closed by the buyer it cannot be reopened.

I only hope that Terrahash replies, you close the dispute and then klee decides not to buy from you. Then your stuck with your decision hah. Justice served.

if terrahash does not respond then paypal must decide in my favor as they have no evidence to the contrary.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
btceic

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 01:44:13 PM

ill just leave this here,

so joe, why where you banned from doing business with terrahash?

If you trust him good luck with that. I wouldn't do it unless TH switched over ownership. So TH will contact you instead, when they need your BTC address.  That way no one will have any control over your boards. Not even considering you sending him 8 BTC and hoping he's honest.

Can't wait until you get your money back so we don't have to hear your whiny ass any more.

I will be the first to send you a picture of my hardware mining!!

All of you who keep saying its a scam, stop being annoying. Honestly. They have been keeping us up to date as much as possible and probably provide more communication then any other companies I have seen. I have talked to TH numerous amounts of times about everything. For god sakes they have an office. Give them a break honestly. Stop being impatient little kids. If your not satisfied ask for a refund but don't spread "scammers" around because they are not.

I have sent TH 3 messages, through their email and through their ticket system that "the natives are restless" and people are stopping wire transfers and paypal payments.  No response.

I called their phone, voicemail isn't even set up on it.

I am not saying scam yet, I am saying "red flags" and "crap customer service"

Joeventura, we are not interested in doing any business with you. You will never get any reply to any of those messages, so you can stop sending any more.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
riazg

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:46:32 PM

interesting pdf...  so I can break down a k64 into 4x k16s?  that may be useful with the adapters advertised by someone else in here if one wanted to put several boards inside of a regular pc case with enough drive bays. I wonder if there are proper i2c cable connectors that would let us chain the board together in that sort of setup, or if we would need to use multiple usb lines and a hub?

Not sure if you can physically break them apart, they (board producers) may not be cutting the boards down to K16 size. Unless you want to put a saw to it.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:58:28 PM

On mine TH never responded.  Just a threatening email outside of paypal when i did claim.  But nothing working within paypal.  Hope you have better luck though.
btceic

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 02:01:00 PM

If you trust him good luck with that. I wouldn't do it unless TH switched over ownership. So TH will contact you instead, when they need your BTC address.  That way no one will have any control over your boards. Not even considering you sending him 8 BTC and hoping he's honest.

On mine TH never responded.  Just a threatening email outside of paypal when i did claim.  But nothing working within paypal.  Hope you have better luck though.

did you upgrade it to a claim from a refund request?
if so did paypal side with you on the claim?

edit: i reread your post, you did claim, still no resolution?

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:34:06 PM

On mine TH never responded.  Just a threatening email outside of paypal when i did claim.  But nothing working within paypal.  Hope you have better luck though.

did you upgrade it to a claim from a refund request?
if so did paypal side with you on the claim?

edit: i reread your post, you did claim, still no resolution?

They sided with my claim.  TH never wanted to work within paypal, sent message using paypal was abuse and i should have canceled claim.  Had to wait a while since they never commented in paypal dispute or claim, but after thier time expired paypal sided with me. 

I'm not sure what page but i put the whole episode somewhere in this massive thread.  I hope yours goes much smoother then mine.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:18:45 PM

Ok TerraHash....we're looking for another update on the hashing board! You got us all feeling pretty good last week, lets see some more and keep the enthusiasm up in here Smiley any progress on the k 64?

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:06:13 PM

interesting pdf...  so I can break down a k64 into 4x k16s?  that may be useful with the adapters advertised by someone else in here if one wanted to put several boards inside of a regular pc case with enough drive bays. I wonder if there are proper i2c cable connectors that would let us chain the board together in that sort of setup, or if we would need to use multiple usb lines and a hub?

Not sure if you can physically break them apart, they (board producers) may not be cutting the boards down to K16 size. Unless you want to put a saw to it.

that would be good info, anyone know about that? TH care to chime in on whether that's possible?  it would be nice if I could just pull the k64 apart and have 4x k16, or maybe have my order changed since it would be the same number of chips and really wouldn't change my order per se.

I could build a lego rack for them but will probably go with jdape's brackets and just build them into an old atx case, that way if I ever get more they will all be nice and neatly contained, so for that purpose 4x k16 would be easier than 1x k64, though they are (maybe) the same thing  Wink
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:31:11 PM

fyi for someone who was maintaining that spreadsheet, i cancelled my order ( #1195 ) this morning and requested for paypal refund.  Havent got a response from terrahash yet.

terrahash, when will my paypal refund be issued? support ticket was created yesterday morning, order #1195 thanks

fyi i got my money back via paypal claim, terrahash never responded or issued a refund. There is no point debating TH's legitimacy as we are all adults and can make our own financial decisions and assess risk/reward. For me personally, i have been around the block a few times and cannot justify risking $10k on good faith with TH after their behavior in the past few weeks - it's a personal choice.

But there are a couple items anyone looking for a refund should know, as there have been so much confusion & misinformation in this thread:

1) If you paid with bitcoin or wire - you are done: full hope & pray mode.

2) If you paid with paypal via credit card - you are fine, can file a chargeback with the credit card company directly and always get your money back, dont bother even go through paypal.

3) If you paid with echeck or funds in paypal, then you will ONLY get your money back if paypal is able to recover the money from TH's account.  It doesnt matter if paypal decide in your favor, if they cannot recover the fund you are not getting your money back.  Paypal actually did us a great service by locking terrahash's fund initially so they cannot transfer out. Also when you file a dispute, paypal will lock the fund to prevent them from been transferred out, but if the money was already not in the account, you are out of luck.

4) Paypal dispute doesnt do anything it's just a back & forth message with the seller, escalate to a claim right away dont waste time with dispute comments, only in claim mode will paypal start looking at the transaction after about 10 days wait.

5) 3) and 4) assumes TH still has a balance in their paypal account and didnt clean out, otherwise refer to 1).

Hope this clarifies for those looking to get a refund. Good luck guys i hope you all get your hardware on time and make a lot of money.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
USMCGrunt0307

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:13:33 PM

FINAL BETA K16 v0.3.0 Board Design Released.

I've pushed my latest design files up to GitHub and updated the parts list.

Have Fun. New 3D render and gerber outputs also there. Use gerbv and open the kicad/ka6/ka6.gvp file.

Tomorrow I hope to have a web store open. Still a bunch of work to do there, setup Paypal and Bitcoin Pmts, and I need to take a few photos. Initially I expect to have pre-order K16 and K1 Board Only sales. Pre-order as in I'll order the boards and when they come in I'll ship them out - not months of angst waiting.

I'll also have Solder Paste Stencils for K16 and K1, and a small plain Heat Sink for the K1 as well. The boards include a license fee component, and pricing for QTY 1-9, 10-25, 26-50, 51-99, 100+. I plan to add some pre-programmed PIC parts later but that also depends on supply, and there's not much point in that until I have a boot loader written.

Note - my firmware files now default for use with inverters on result data and clk. If you still use non-inverted you will need to edit two lines before building in addition to setting chip count and bank values. I'll get some of this cleaned up with proper defines before long.

Next up: QFN variant and then K1 revision.

With this news, are you guys going to be reordering PCBs and what kind of timeframe does that put Terrahash at in terms of readiness for assembly?
pixl8tr

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:28:16 PM

With this news, are you guys going to be reordering PCBs and what kind of timeframe does that put Terrahash at in terms of readiness for assembly?

FWIW based on past discussions here.
I believe the critical supply item now are the Avalon chips themselves. As far as I know, none have been shipped to any of the group buyers.  However i did see pictures posted of thousands of Avalon chips sitting in a warehouse last week. Grin Should not be too much longer.

PCB's should be able to be produced en-mass within a couple of weeks if they have production line time already negotiated.

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:40:35 PM

thx for updates, and of course to everyone doing the design and testing

Have Fun. New 3D render and gerber outputs also there. Use gerbv and open the kicad/ka6/ka6.gvp file.

Tomorrow I hope to have a web store open. Still a bunch of work to do there, setup Paypal and Bitcoin Pmts, and I need to take a few photos. Initially I expect to have pre-order K16 and K1 Board Only sales. Pre-order as in I'll order the boards and when they come in I'll ship them out - not months of angst waiting.

I'll also have Solder Paste Stencils for K16 and K1, and a small plain Heat Sink for the K1 as well. The boards include a license fee component, and pricing for QTY 1-9, 10-25, 26-50, 51-99, 100+. I plan to add some pre-programmed PIC parts later but that also depends on supply, and there's not much point in that until I have a boot loader written.

Note - my firmware files now default for use with inverters on result data and clk. If you still use non-inverted you will need to edit two lines before building in addition to setting chip count and bank values. I'll get some of this cleaned up with proper defines before long.

As per his recommendation, we will wait for a day, in case there is a critical error in the design. We will be ordering them tomorrow, and they will be here within a week. We will also be ordering all the components soon. We will be fully geared to assembly upto 80,000 chips a week. However by promising a two week deliver we are giving ourself some extra room in case of any unexpected delays.
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:48:32 PM

Hey Terrahash, with the increased chip you have purchased, will you be opening up any more sales for additional fully assembled boards with chips??

Woud love to purchase just a few more K16's

Danny
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:54:09 PM

As per his recommendation, we will wait for a day, in case there is a critical error in the design. We will be ordering them tomorrow, and they will be here within a week. We will also be ordering all the components soon. We will be fully geared to assembly upto 80,000 chips a week. However by promising a two week deliver we are giving ourself some extra room in case of any unexpected delays.
What about the K64s?
Please check your messages for my PM!!
I know you are busy but many people here are interested in giving their orders to others, maybe you can ease us...
Cheers!
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:55:14 PM

Hey Terrahash, with the increased chip you have purchased, will you be opening up any more sales for additional fully assembled boards with chips??

Woud love to purchase just a few more K16's

Danny

+1, + the same for K64's
atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:06:42 PM

My Order 548 for:

TerraHash DX Large × 1
Number of Modules:
9 (162 GHash/sec)

Paypal's final day is today for a response from Terrahash. With the recent good news, if someone wanted to buy this from me, I would sell it, but it would have to be in the next 12 hours that BTC is in my account.

130 BTC - But this means it would probably have to ship to me, and then I would immediately, without unpacking it ship it to you within the US (or additional charges apply).

Unlikely, but I figured I'd offer one last time before the refund is processed. I'd give complete access to my account as well.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:10:42 PM

My Order 548 for:

TerraHash DX Large × 1
Number of Modules:
9 (162 GHash/sec)

Paypal's final day is today for a response from Terrahash. With the recent good news, if someone wanted to buy this from me, I would sell it, but it would have to be in the next 12 hours that BTC is in my account.

130 BTC - But this means it would probably have to ship to me, and then I would immediately, without unpacking it ship it to you within the US (or additional charges apply).

Unlikely, but I figured I'd offer one last time before the refund is processed. I'd give complete access to my account as well.

For example they could offer the option you describe and/or hosting (easier for them?) for people out of the US..
atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:16:19 PM

For example they could offer the option you describe and/or hosting (easier for them?) for people out of the US..

Yes, but based on their lack of response on the topic, they don't want to get into that, so I don't think that is an option, especially given the short amount of time before this is no longer available. Regardless, if it doesn't sell, 9 boards get put back into circulation and anyone after 548 gets a bump.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: