Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:28:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33312 times)
Surrapatt

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:14:12 PM

Saving it certainly make my future better. As more and more people in the world are interested in and investing in bitcoin, even though value bitcoin now expensive. Spending it away very unfortunate thing. Bitcoin can be an income farm if we want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:26:11 PM

If you have a lot of bitcoin you will divided it into to, the half you will convert it into fiat and use it as your capital for your future business and the other half you will use it to trade with altcoins so you can make a lot of money, you believe that bitcoin will become more powerful in the future, spend it well.
Iminvest

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:34:04 PM

If you have a lot, it's a really good option to invest in some really promising ICOs.. but also, when you invest your money, you need to be ready to lose some and you definitely shouldn't invest all your savings in it
Toxicsoul

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:58:17 PM

This question is being asked many times on this forum. You can check the answers and most of them will suggest you to save/hold/reinvest your bitcoins for longer times. Now as you stated that you kept 13 cents and it became 50 cents after 7 months or so. Well that change you may find very little but with bigger investments you get bigger returns. Also, you must invest with right time, such as bitcoin price at lower side, this means you will get more bitcoins in less amount spent. Also, when the price increases the same amount of bitcoin will have more dollar value. Thats very easy calculation but basis of how you invest. Household really hold it.
This is mostly seen in this section and i know many people answered it but i will answer it for the sake of the mankind.  The 1/3 of my bitcoin is i will spend it and use it for many purposes like travels,buy some goods and many more and the rest i will keep it or save it in my wallet so that if something happen,  i have left for it.
Well I would like to share my opinion as I think it is good to mix both the spending for the need and to save it for the future. Bitcoin is the best saving because it has the potential to increase the value. It is all need to have the patience because the price can go down sometimes so! The right and straight way is to go through it is to hold your bitcoin even if you see the price of the bitcoin is decreasing because after a little dump the price of the bitcoin will take a high pump. You can spend some bitcoin only in the case of some emergency.
I agree with you but i personally think you can spend some to invest that in something else and save some for if that plan goes wrong or you just want to cash them because it is time.
modous

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:20:25 PM

This question is being asked many times on this forum. You can check the answers and most of them will suggest you to save/hold/reinvest your bitcoins for longer times. Now as you stated that you kept 13 cents and it became 50 cents after 7 months or so. Well that change you may find very little but with bigger investments you get bigger returns. Also, you must invest with right time, such as bitcoin price at lower side, this means you will get more bitcoins in less amount spent. Also, when the price increases the same amount of bitcoin will have more dollar value. Thats very easy calculation but basis of how you invest. Household really hold it.
This is mostly seen in this section and i know many people answered it but i will answer it for the sake of the mankind.  The 1/3 of my bitcoin is i will spend it and use it for many purposes like travels,buy some goods and many more and the rest i will keep it or save it in my wallet so that if something happen,  i have left for it.
Well I would like to share my opinion as I think it is good to mix both the spending for the need and to save it for the future. Bitcoin is the best saving because it has the potential to increase the value. It is all need to have the patience because the price can go down sometimes so! The right and straight way is to go through it is to hold your bitcoin even if you see the price of the bitcoin is decreasing because after a little dump the price of the bitcoin will take a high pump. You can spend some bitcoin only in the case of some emergency.
I agree with you but i personally think you can spend some to invest that in something else and save some for if that plan goes wrong or you just want to cash them because it is time.
On the off chance that you have a ton of bitcoin you will separated it into to, the half you will change over it into fiat and utilize it as your capital for your future business and the other half you will utilize it to exchange with altcoins so you can profit, you trust that bitcoin will turn out to be all the more intense later on, spend it well.
Sylenth

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:24:37 PM

The answer  to this question is quite subjective one. spending and saving totally depends on your needs and on question what are you going to do with it?. if you really think you wanna spend money earned to fulfill your desires,interest etc,it totally depends upon you, on the other hand if you look at larger picture you would see saving bitcoin may lead you to earn maybe double or triple amounts as compared to time when you have earned them or bought them. profit on small amounts may seem small but if you carry large amounts or many no of coins,you would be able to earn a good profit out them in future as per current scenario of market seems.

I advice  you ,if you have large amounts try to save them,but on the other hand if you think your life is too hard to live and spending them will definitely help you to move forward ,go for it,but still try to save some or invest some of them, most likely it will bring you profit.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:17:15 PM

The answer  to this question is quite subjective one. spending and saving totally depends on your needs and on question what are you going to do with it?. if you really think you wanna spend money earned to fulfill your desires,interest etc,it totally depends upon you, on the other hand if you look at larger picture you would see saving bitcoin may lead you to earn maybe double or triple amounts as compared to time when you have earned them or bought them. profit on small amounts may seem small but if you carry large amounts or many no of coins,you would be able to earn a good profit out them in future as per current scenario of market seems.

I advice  you ,if you have large amounts try to save them,but on the other hand if you think your life is too hard to live and spending them will definitely help you to move forward ,go for it,but still try to save some or invest some of them, most likely it will bring you profit.
You're right.I really don't think people here after gaining income will totally put them all for safekeeping,for sure they will spend some of them for their interests or maybe just for their daily allowances,and others will be saved.There should be proper management of income as to assure that the money will also profit maybe doubled or tripled after holding it for some time.
Batmain

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:28:28 PM

saving is my answer. And moreover, if I can choose, I will choose to invest my bitcoin other places such as altcoin or real estate, too. Spending always cause you many problems and it does not improve your life at all. Try to think like a millionaire and you will become a millionaire

Same though here. I'm saving at a rate of 70/30
70= BTC
30 = Altcoins

For me both. Cause i think if i have a lot of bitcoin then i need to spend it in a good ways like make a business  where can i get some cash on my daily needed. So that i can multiply my earning. Or save it on my wallet in a long term then wait until the bitcoin price will go higher then sell. .  Dont spend your money for nothing..make some things that can make you better on the future. .

Getting a rent from your own profit ain't bad. It's called business management. Even Elon musk did that.
But in my position I'm not mixing my real world business in my work online. Because I have some decent work in the real world, the money that I'm earning (fiat) is what I invest in the business (0ffline) and the money that I'm earning online is what I invest in the altcoins. (Online)

eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:36:01 PM

Saving or spending bitcoin will always be a dilemma for people but I think it simply comes down to your beliefs about the price of bitcoin, If you feel it will always trend upwards then only spend what you need.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
h1h2h3_c

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:43:54 PM

If you have a lot of bitcoin you will divided it into to, the half you will convert it into fiat and use it as your capital for your future business and the other half you will use it to trade with altcoins so you can make a lot of money, you believe that bitcoin will become more powerful in the future, spend it well.
If we convert into half then might we can loss we should convert 25% of bitcoin into fiat we should hold bitcoin till the end because bitcoin price reaching to the sky we should hold our bitcoins.

Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:12:55 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
Just to make it clear. The amount of Bitcoin won't increase if you'll just hold it for a long period of time, its market value will and the profit to be earned by storing Bitcoin. The reason is that, its value is increasing as time passes by. And as what you've mentioned from 13 cents to 50 in just by months of holding.  2.1 Btc is a huge amount, and if you will hold it ,for sure, your profit will also be huge in the future.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:41:37 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
Just to make it clear. The amount of Bitcoin won't increase if you'll just hold it for a long period of time, its market value will and the profit to be earned by storing Bitcoin. The reason is that, its value is increasing as time passes by. And as what you've mentioned from 13 cents to 50 in just by months of holding.  2.1 Btc is a huge amount, and if you will hold it ,for sure, your profit will also be huge in the future.
Yes I agree, bitcoin investment will feel the benefits when we save for a long time, if we are tempted to sell bitcoin now then we will regret because the year 2018 price will reach $12.000 and in 2020 the price will reach $25.000.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:08:43 AM

if i have that big amount of btc maybe ill withdraw the half and buy the thing i always wanted like gadgets , laptop , computers, etc and the other half maybe ill invest it on altcoins and start to trade slowly and if i get lucky on trading ill expand my portfolio more to add new coins and invest my money on trusted and legit ico's to earn more profit.
Apple Mac

Activity: 264

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:23:06 AM

Having a plent of bitcoin is one of the greatest thing that may happen in my life so if ever it will happen, I will make the most of it. I will buy all of the things that I want the most even the most expensive things. I will make the most of it and I will enjoy it a lot so that I can pay myself back on working so hard to obtain such great money. The rest, I will save it and make sure it will grow back again.

Jose Rizal

Activity: 273

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:23:20 AM

If I am going to obtain a lot of bitcoin. I will save all of it and I will wait up until the value of bitcoin is at it's highest. You may say that it's a foolish decision but I know it will give me a lot of money and a lot possibility to become rich. This can help me a lot specially in fealing with my financial struggls but I know it would still take up a long time but I will be patient with it.

Kokoy

Activity: 201

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:24:45 AM

If ever I will have a lot of bitcoin, I will save the most of it but still I will spend some of it. The obvious reason is that I worked for it really hard so I don't think it's a bad thing if I would reward myself fo working on with it. I will still save the most of it so that I can ensure that I won't have to problem my financial needs anymore knowing that it's still unecessary to depend on bitcoin.

SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:25:07 AM

The obvious answer here is that you should save more of your bitcoin than spending it because if you are going to spend it, you will lose it. But if you are going to save it, you will have the chances to attain more money which you can use in the future. Being wise on everything you do is very important here that's why you should think of every move that you are going to make here in bitcoin.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
onpages

Activity: 241

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:32:22 AM

The obvious answer here is that you should save more of your bitcoin than spending it because if you are going to spend it, you will lose it. But if you are going to save it, you will have the chances to attain more money which you can use in the future. Being wise on everything you do is very important here that's why you should think of every move that you are going to make here in bitcoin.
I agree with you, I will not spend all my Bitcoin because for a better investment to keep it up to a high price let alone just 2.1 BTC. better kept or traded by altcoin exchange.
Mrsmants

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:46:30 AM

You can do both. You must not treat Bitcoin like just an investment you must also trade it and promote ti for products like men and women utilized gold back again in the day.
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:32:21 AM

If i have a lot of btc, i will save half for a long term and invest the remaining half on daily, weekly or monthly investment. altho, the price has been going up but in cryptocurrency anything can happen.
That is better strategy of working in the world of crypto. You should never be going with “all in one thing” rather save something for your family, your household and invest other half for these great bitcoins. Then live a life of great comfort and ease.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: