Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:38:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33312 times)
livinglightning

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:09:10 PM

If i have a lot of bitcoin i still save bitcoin. The price of bitcoin may increase in the future. I invested in it with a big profit. Besides saving me spending a small sum on spending

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:51:17 PM

When I have so much bitcoin I'm sure I'll be happy because I can do whatever I want. But what I will prioritize is investing. Partly I will multiply by following the trading. Of course if I have very much bitcoin it will be more and more that I will do. You try to think with menyimpanya what you will have in the future. Because the longer the bitcoin value will be higher. And surely success is already in sight

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:06:29 PM

If you have a lot of coins (more than BTC100), then I believe that there is no harm in spending a few of them. May be you should spend 10% or 20% and enjoy yourself by taking vacations to Maldives or Bali. Also, you can convert a part of the BTC holdings in to fiat and diversify your portfolio by investing in equities, real estate or bullion.
I think one should spend the money even while having around 3 btc if a person doesn't have any particular sum needed to buy something specific and has just been saving money for some time while not being rich at all. If there is money but a person has no plans how to spend it, the money doesn't make any sense. It is just some numbers on the screen that will never become a part of something real.
Even if you have few bitcoins, one should always save them and also one should know bitcoin's potential. Bitcoin has been on a quick rise of its value and is already more voluble than more assists used as income throughout the world. So, it is always wise to save the bitcoin if one does not need money.

Practically many people are find it too hard to save all their bitcoin earnings. For that we must have two streams of income, one for leading a life and another one for long haul saving. Out of two, one is usually fiat based income but if we get chances to have both are bitcoin based income streams then also there will be no problems.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:26:41 PM

If i have a lot of bitcoin i still save bitcoin. The price of bitcoin may increase in the future. I invested in it with a big profit. Besides saving me spending a small sum on spending
same is here! No matter how much I have I will hold for a bigger jump and when that jump happens then I will sell my bit coins for a bigger price and see the whole world buy a hummer, a couple of Norwegian horses and live my days to an early grave.

wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:39:28 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 04:46:10 AM by wahb

same is here! No matter how much I have I will hold for a bigger jump and when that jump happens then I will sell my bit coins for a bigger price and see the whole world buy a hummer, a couple of Norwegian horses and live my days to an early grave.
most of the investors consider bitcoin as one of the most safe investment, and therefore most of the people want to continue their investment to increase therefore they are holding bitcoin. to me i think in present time bitcoin investment is the best investment because there are more chances to make  money having low risk of  losing your money.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:16:43 PM

most of the investors consider bitcoin as one of the most safe investment, and therefore most of the people want to continue their investment to increase therefore they are holding bitcoin.
I don't think we consider it as a safe investment, in fact it is the most risky investment due to the fact that it is not stable enough.
However, we risk for that reality because we know that the return is also awesome if bitcoin will be more successful, hence we need to learn how to focus on the long term since it is where we can make enough profit and time will come that we do not need to work anymore because our bitcoin will be the one who is working for us.

NavySeals

Activity: 371

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:26:58 PM

most of the investors consider bitcoin as one of the most safe investment, and therefore most of the people want to continue their investment to increase therefore they are holding bitcoin.

This is correct but I personally like to cash my bitcoins into fiat money. I do this to cover my daily expenses. If one is rich enough, he can multiply his capital by just holding bitcoin.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:45:20 PM

If I had some bitcoin I would have made the repair of my house. Money is of little interest to me. I'll make money yet, but when you work in good conditions to make easier. I prefer to spend money to earn other money, and not expect the increase in prices of currency.
For me if I have a lot of money I will not spend it and save for long time because if I will save for two or five years I hope after some years later its price and value will be more increases to raise and more I think in future may be  bitcoin will become a fiat currency and we are uses bitcoin very easily.
I ill be saving the bitcoins for a specific tie span and will wait for the correct time, a time when bitcoin will give me maximum profits and at that particular time I will be selling my Bitcoins. But for now I will like to save them for better future.
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:50:28 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 04:21:36 AM by Zenithar

This is correct but I personally like to cash my bitcoins into fiat money. I do this to cover my daily expenses. If one is rich enough, he can multiply his capital by just holding bitcoin.
in different occasions we need to take different decisions, for example some time when I need fiat I convert my bitcoin In to fiat. while some time I mostly want to hold my bitcoin for the price increase. in fact i try my best to hold my bitcoin  for a long time, because i am pretty sure  about the future of bitcoin that it will  have  a very great future. therefore saving bitcoin for the future will be more profitable.
Krillin61

Activity: 314
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:19:19 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
The more you invest, the more chance you get more profit yet the riskier it would take no matter what it is. If you don't want to get nothing as you said, risk your money and don't affraid to try. You won't ascertain it if you didn't try. It's better to lose that you try than you waste the opprtunity because you didn't try.
DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:00:01 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
The most used terms are saving and holding. Occasionally, in certain scenarios, you could call it investing too.

Bitcoin price varies according to different circumstances and you will end up having a constantly different amount of Fiat in your wallet. Moreover, it is to be noted that fiat price also varies too. Thus you can make nice profits it you hold Bitcoin.

Furthermore, a 37 cent increase would and is a really small profit, but if your starting balance had been higher you could have reaped bigger rewards and profits.
Seeker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:39:17 AM

If i have a lot of bitcoin i will save it, and use some of it when i need it most. Having a lot of bitcoin today will surely helps you to become a multi millionaire in the future because i believe the price will still continue to soar. I will save, save, save, until it hit my target price.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:50:44 AM

If i have a lot of bitcoin i will save it, and use some of it when i need it most. Having a lot of bitcoin today will surely helps you to become a multi millionaire in the future because i believe the price will still continue to soar. I will save, save, save, until it hit my target price.
People who have invested in bitcoin since a long time are surely very rich by now. A person when thinking of doing a long term investment should be consistent and patient to secure a maximum profit. Making timely decisions is also important. Only then we can profit even with bitcoin and become wealthy. So that I adore to prefer to go for bitcoin and take right decisions that in a future I will have perfect example for upcoming generation.

Saving must be the only option everyone must do !
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:57:14 AM

Its just a common sense thing for you to identify if is it worth to store bitcoin. Numbers would speak for itself already which you can able to see that price do really moves. Bitcoin is really worth to be stored and price volatility gives an advantage on making money on our side but theres always comes a risk on losing it. Volatility means ups and downs of the price which we would either both earn or burn  Grin

emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:21:44 AM

Save it and spend some because the bitcoin is your earning so it is normal to sell it for you to buy your needs, because me I sell some of my bitcoins to buy my stuffs because that is normal because I earned it. however, saving the majority of my funds is a must for me to keep investing for my future that's how I spend and save bitcoins.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:31:43 AM

Its just a common sense thing for you to identify if is it worth to store bitcoin. Numbers would speak for itself already which you can able to see that price do really moves. Bitcoin is really worth to be stored and price volatility gives an advantage on making money on our side but theres always comes a risk on losing it. Volatility means ups and downs of the price which we would either both earn or burn  Grin

Well good point though i think bitcoin's volatility is a little bit more predictable right now than a couple of months ago. A lot of people are saying that holding btc now would reap good rewards in a few months or years and we have good reason to believe so also. Though it can't also be that bad if you sell if you needed it as its also almost certain that everyone profited from btc price surge recently.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
Sadlife

Activity: 1400
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:42:44 AM

This question has been countless times you can use the search engine and look for the answers but i suggest you hold,save,store your bitcoins because that like what you said that you hold only 13 cent before but after 7 months it became 50 cents then that confirms your question that the price will rise again to newer highs especially when segwit2x is going to get implemented in August and many institutional members has joined the bitcoin community and invested millions dollars  , so you should not worry about the price volatility that the price might suddenly drop because bitcoin already matured from it.

▄▄▄▀█▀▀▀█▀▄▄▄
       ▀▀   █     █
    ▀      █       █
  █      ▄█▄       ▐▌
 █▀▀▀▀▀▀█   █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█        ▀█▀        █
█         █         █
█         █        ▄█▄
 █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █
  █       ▐▌       ▀█▀
  █▀▀▀▄    █       █
  ▀▄▄▄█▄▄   █     █
         ▀▀▀▄█▄▄▄█▄▀▀▀
CRYPTO CASINO
FOR WEB 3.0
▄▄▄█▀▀▀
▄▄████▀████
▄████████████
█▀▀    ▀█▄▄▄▄▄
█        ▄█████
█        ▄██████
██▄     ▄███████
████▄▄█▀▀▀██████
████       ▀▀██
███          █
▀█          █
▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▄█▀▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄ ▄█ ▄
▄▄        ▄████▀       ▄▄
▐█
███▄▄█████████████▄▄████▌
██
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
▐█▀    ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀        ▀█▌
     █▄████   ▄▀█▄     ▌

██████   ▀██▀     █
████▄    ▀▀▀▀           ▄████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
██████▌█▌█▌██████▐█▐█▐███████
OWL GAMES
Metamask
WalletConnect
Phantom
▄▄▄███ ███▄▄▄
▄▄████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀████▄▄
▄  ▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀  ▄
██▀ ▄▀▀             ▀▀▄ ▀██
██▀ █ ▄     ▄█▄▀      ▄ █ ▀██
██▀ █  ███▄▄███████▄▄███  █ ▀██
█  ▐█▀    ▀█▀    ▀█▌  █
██▄ █ ▐█▌  ▄██   ▄██  ▐█▌ █ ▄██
██▄ ████▄    ▄▄▄    ▄████ ▄██
██▄ ▀████████████████▀ ▄██
▀  ▄▄▄▀▀█████████▀▀▄▄▄  ▀
▀▀████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄████▀▀
▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀
DICE
SLOTS
BACCARAT
BLACKJACK
GAME SHOWS
POKER
ROULETTE
CASUAL GAMES
▄███████████████████▄
██▄▀▄█████████████████████▄▄
███▀█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████▌
█████████▄█▄████████████████
███████▄█████▄█████████████▌
███████▀█████▀█████████████
█████████▄█▄██████████████▌
█████████████████▄███████▌
████████████████▀▄▀██████
▀███████████████████▄███▌
              ▀▀▀▀█████▀
renderkiss

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:31:51 PM

It all depends on how I get them, If I work for them, of course I will hold but If I get them for free, I don't need to hold because I already have profit.

GATCOIN (https://www.gatcoin.io/) █║ ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2197889.0) ║ BOUNTY THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2197894) ║█ GATCOIN (https://www.gatcoin.io/)
The New Currency Of Digital Marketing
▬▬▬▬▬TWITTER (https://twitter.com/gatcoin) ║ WHITEPAPER (http://www.gatcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/GATCOIN_Whitepaper_ENG-1.pdf) ║ TELEGRAM (https://t.me/gatcoin)▬▬▬▬▬
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:08:58 PM

Let us simplify things, you do not have a lot of Bitcoin, so you do not need to worry about it.  There is nothing in the balance that you have that can make your amount seem large here.  There is nothing that you can do with that amount that will be too awful either way. 
What OP is trying to say is "if", that means if time will come we will have a lot of bitcoin, what will we do then?
For me, I will surely invest by holding bitcoin because it is the best way so far to generate income, also I will put additional capital for trading to increase my earnings as a day trader.
I am delighted with your way of thinking but the truth is that you nor I have a lot of bitcoins so we should better not discuss it for now. Secondly what does a lot mean here ?
Around 50 coins may be a lot for me and for few may be 500 are not a lot. Everyone here has their own strategy of increasing their earnings and living their life.
No matter it will be 50 bitcoins or 500 bitcoins as both are very big money as of now. But in both cases it is wise to converse them rather than to spend them keeping in mind the fact that their value is always increasing. Even one bitcoin matters alot today than it did 8 years ago. Keeping this in mind we should always we should always think to preserve bitcoin because of its value. And trade them for currency when needed.
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:18:27 PM

Let us simplify things, you do not have a lot of Bitcoin, so you do not need to worry about it.  There is nothing in the balance that you have that can make your amount seem large here.  There is nothing that you can do with that amount that will be too awful either way. 
What OP is trying to say is "if", that means if time will come we will have a lot of bitcoin, what will we do then?
For me, I will surely invest by holding bitcoin because it is the best way so far to generate income, also I will put additional capital for trading to increase my earnings as a day trader.
I am delighted with your way of thinking but the truth is that you nor I have a lot of bitcoins so we should better not discuss it for now. Secondly what does a lot mean here ?
Around 50 coins may be a lot for me and for few may be 500 are not a lot. Everyone here has their own strategy of increasing their earnings and living their life.
No matter it will be 50 bitcoins or 500 bitcoins as both are very big money as of now. But in both cases it is wise to converse them rather than to spend them keeping in mind the fact that their value is always increasing. Even one bitcoin matters alot today than it did 8 years ago. Keeping this in mind we should always we should always think to preserve bitcoin because of its value. And trade them for currency when needed.

Yup even if you have lot of bitcoins spending them at once is never wise as you never know what value it will hold in future so to get maximum advantage from it we should try to save majority of bitcoins for future as price will be surely much higher in next few years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: