Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33312 times)
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:42:10 PM

Well my plans over bitcoin are very clear accumulate the much i can and sell a part at 2020-2021, the rest i will let frozen like savings must be, just following the market. Now if i had a big ammount i would sell a few coins at December, just enought to relax for the next 3 years till next halving.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SinLinJim

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:04:42 PM

Well my plans over bitcoin are very clear accumulate the much i can and sell a part at 2020-2021, the rest i will let frozen like savings must be, just following the market. Now if i had a big ammount i would sell a few coins at December, just enought to relax for the next 3 years till next halving.
Anyway If you need money, then you will spend at least some amount of Bitcoin and find exactly what you need. And the fact that once in a few years Bitcoin can drop by 2 times, it's still not an indicator for those who want to wait for the final result and the price for Bitcoin. All the same, the currency will go to the top. Therefore, I do not think that we will lose something.

iamlds08

Merit: 110

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:15:16 PM

If I have a lot of bitcoin.. the first I would do is to save it. I will wait longer till the price is good. I will hold it maybe for a long period of time. Then wait for it to be the price increases. And maybe spend some of it. Just for some fulfillment of the things to have and to do. I will spend some of it by buying things which are in very need. And maybe to have some relaxation or to travel in a budget price.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:26:34 AM

If i have a lot of bitcoin i will spend some and trade some, i will spend it to support for my daily needs and trade it for my future purposes because i believe the price today are still cheap and i will save it until it hit my target price.
attentionSicker

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:26:52 PM

The question is, "if you have a LOT of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?". Of course some part of it will be spent if needed, part of it will be invested and the remaining part will be saved. I think the main purpose of earning bitcoin is to satisfy our expenses and consumption and not only for display, right?

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:46:52 PM

The question is, "if you have a LOT of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?". Of course some part of it will be spent if needed, part of it will be invested and the remaining part will be saved. I think the main purpose of earning bitcoin is to satisfy our expenses and consumption and not only for display, right?

You cannot keep it all until the time its price is very high.  Unless you are a richkid and can buy everything without making hard earning money to buy things.  Because if you will ask me I would go for some will spending to have the pleasure and feels of earning money through hardwork.  But it is much better to still save some of bitcoins and do some spending because you need somethig to buy.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:50:07 PM

If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.

Just like what you have said I like to spend some on important purposes because I am earning to support all what I need without depending on others. It feels nice to buy things you want from the money that you make an effort and hardwork to have. I will save some and make an investment for the future purposes.

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:30:34 PM

If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.

Just like what you have said I like to spend some on important purposes because I am earning to support all what I need without depending on others. It feels nice to buy things you want from the money that you make an effort and hardwork to have. I will save some and make an investment for the future purposes.

I guess it is only natural if people want to spend some amount of their earning. What would be a point, if people would only work and not spending their money. But also it would be very wise to save some of earned bitcoins, because till now bitcoin did not disappoint with rising of price.
Seeker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:40:40 AM

If i have a lot of bitcoin i will divide it into to some will convert for me to make business and the other half i will use it to trade my btc with altcoins and save some for future purposes, i would choose to spend some and save the other half so i do both.
Blamsud

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:55:13 AM

If i have a lot of bitcoin i will divide it into to some will convert for me to make business and the other half i will use it to trade my btc with altcoins and save some for future purposes, i would choose to spend some and save the other half so i do both.

Will definitely invest and trade it to have it more. And will buy things I want and travel too. We should not stop on investing or trading but we still need to enjoy our life that's the main reason why we wanted to have bitcoin a lot to ease our life.
knightmairesaint

Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:21:31 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

If I have a lot of bitcoin, I would choose to save it rather than spending it. As you can see, the market price of bitcoin is getting higher and higher. It would be a big loss if someone would sell it right now. It is risky but some members who have joined long ago says that the segwit will definitely help to increase the value of bitcoin.

There is an upgrade coming and if successful, this upgrade might cause the bitcoin’s price to reach $4000 or maybe higher. After the segwit, I plan to divide all my earnings and I would also try investing in some projects.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
Hipster999

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:37:49 AM

Better hold bitcoin, because its price will constantly grow. You can spend it only on large and really necessary purchases such as a house or a car. To lose precious coins for entertainment is stupid.

maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:47:02 AM

if i have a lot of bitcoin, i will use half of the total for invest in another investment like buying altcoin and hold it like i hold bitcoin because i know, altcoin have potential to increase like bitcoin. the rest of bitcoin i have, i will hold it until reach the high price and then i can sell it for a little amount to exchange into fiat so i can buy something or saving in my bank account.
andylowe

Activity: 293

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:07:37 AM

In my own opinion, get or spend your capital and hold the remaining amount because either you gain or lose, at east the capital amount you put in was already safe in your hands.
roll on

Activity: 175
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:26:13 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
I'll invest half of it and hold the other half for the next years until its value increase. I would like to invest in sites or other coins in order to make it grow. Saving and investing is somehow related, I think if you are investing and you gain profit from your investments, you'll also have something so save for future purposes. No need to worry becayse the price of bitcoin is now getting bigger and higher after the inflactuation.
Wesimon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:43:45 PM

What's good about saving bitcoin is that if profits even if you do not do such effort. So I'd rather choose to save it then use the interest I earned from bitcoin in spending for the things I want to buy. The price of bitcoin is unpredictable so you must be on watch in its value.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:32:37 PM

What's good about saving bitcoin is that if profits even if you do not do such effort. So I'd rather choose to save it then use the interest I earned from bitcoin in spending for the things I want to buy. The price of bitcoin is unpredictable so you must be on watch in its value.
That's the risk in bitcoin for it is decentralized, the value were differ from time to time, so we still need to have cash if ever the emergency happens and bitcoin value were pretty low. Bitcoin is good for plan savings like when pump happen by that amount then will uaed it to buy on what we wanted it's not ideal for emergency needs.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
attentionSicker

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:39:36 PM

Better hold bitcoin, because its price will constantly grow. You can spend it only on large and really necessary purchases such as a house or a car. To lose precious coins for entertainment is stupid.
You can't say that the price of bitcoin is constantly rising, because if you are reading some statistical report about the status of bitcoin, you can see that the price is up in down. It varies from time to time.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
masterwakokok7

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:46:43 PM

If I had lot of bitcoin, Then I wold probably invest it. Saving is quite a plan, but for me I would rather let it grow than let it sleep. Though, to answer your question in regards the sudden increase of your money. Well I guess that's because of the fluctuation of rates in the market. If you'd see that your current btc's rates is higher then probably the amount of your btc in exchange to your currency will probably also be high and vise versa.

Dimelord

Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:19:22 PM

Thats the beauty of bitcoin and for that reason only,most of people are rushing to buy bitcoins and to save it.Bitcoin has almost tripled in its price within the last six months and its price is expected to rise above $3000 after august 1 when segwit is to be activated.Bitcoin has attracted most of the investors world wide towards it and even gold has not given its investors as much returns as bitcoin has given.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: