Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33312 times)
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:30:46 AM

What you are doing is right .. bitcoin is a very good long term investment and quite simple. You do not need to work to benefit from bitcoin. You just keep it for a long time. I think it's better to keep it than you use to spend it and spend it. Maybe if you need your money take some of your bitcoin to buy something .. and keep it back. Do not spend your bitcoin. Because in the future you will become a millionaire if you save bitcoin

I prefer to sell most bitcoin to altcoin, investing not just stopping and having to keep moving, good for daily profits and multiplying coins in no time, I'm not the type of person who likes passive investments except when I retire.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:34:35 AM

What you are doing is right .. bitcoin is a very good long term investment and quite simple. You do not need to work to benefit from bitcoin. You just keep it for a long time. I think it's better to keep it than you use to spend it and spend it. Maybe if you need your money take some of your bitcoin to buy something .. and keep it back. Do not spend your bitcoin. Because in the future you will become a millionaire if you save bitcoin
no doubt that for long term investment bitcoin is the best option. i think those people who are already holding bitcoin for last few years now they can ge their profit as more that 4 times and i think if they will continue keeping it, it will still in their favour and will continue giving them profit, because there are still too much expectation that the price of bitcoin will continue to increase.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:28:23 AM

It's personal man, you're the only one who can decide that. If you have great incomes then why not save it for the future. Or split the amount on how much you are able/want to spent or save.

Yes, I agree we shall spend it only for future emergency use. But if we really want to spend it for somehow atleast we shall
Lower down all our important expenses that can't be removed by this we can savemore for other investments.

I think the first thing to do is make financial manageable. So you can know how much money is idle so you can use for the purposes of spending. I usually use the money idle or unused to spending because it does not harm you of course. You can do this in bitcoin
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 08:34:14 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
Bitcoin is rising with at least 200$ every day. So make a good investment and it will profit you properly in tens and hundreds and maybe even in thousands but not in cents.Bitcoin's price is around 4000$ and buy little bitcoin,not much and that little amount of bitcoin may or may not profit you.Or you could just wait for bitcoin's price to go down and then invest properly and maybe this will be better for anyone.

gon

Activity: 460
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:52:42 AM

I would definitely spent 5% now, 5%-25% in a month or two when it reaches 5K and keep the rest until 9-10K. Then I would dump 80% of my BTC.

But I have have just under 3BTC and I'm using it just to pay some very small invoices, keeping the rest.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:10:44 AM

It's personal man, you're the only one who can decide that. If you have great incomes then why not save it for the future. Or split the amount on how much you are able/want to spent or save.

Yes, I agree we shall spend it only for future emergency use. But if we really want to spend it for somehow atleast we shall
Lower down all our important expenses that can't be removed by this we can savemore for other investments.

Saving for the future is a sure thing and should not be missed. But if you have a lot of bitcoin and then you want to spend bitcoin on certain things, that's not a problem and the important thing is that you spend regularly and in accordance with your financial situation and do not be wasteful
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:16:54 AM

I will probably save or hold it, because I can see that the price is increasing and in the future, its value will become very much higher. Or if I find a good investment that is worthwhile and has the potential to grow then I will use my bitcoin there.

Unless I have an immediate need I won't spend bitcoin because I believe that its price will continue to increase in the future and so I will just save it.

JRoa

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:22:45 AM

If I have a lot of bitcoins I will invest it to the internet for me to earn big amount of money.

bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 09:30:00 AM

If I do have a lot of bitcoin. I'll take half and will cut the half, the first half will be remain into holding and I will just put that into my cold storage and will wait for the right day to sell that for getting a decent profit. While the other half will be used for my needs and expenses so I would have to sell it.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
mel0924

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:33:44 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
Just save it until such time it will be millions in amount.

▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
        ▄██████████████████▄
      ▄████████▀  ██████████▄
    ▄████████▀    ▄███████████
   ████████▀    ▄██████████████
 ▄███████▀    ▄████▀  ██████████
▄██████▀    ▄████▀    ▄██████████
████████  ▄████▀    ▄█████████████
█████████████▀    ▄████▀  ████████
 ██████████▀    ▄████▀    ▄██████▀
  ██████████  ▄████▀    ▄███████▀
   ██████████████▀    ▄████████
    ███████████▀    ▄████████▀
     ▀██████████  ▄████████▀
      ▀██████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀████████▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀
EQUAL

██
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██
SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY

█
  ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
  ██
   █

▄█████▄
 █         █████████   ▄
 ██▄      ████████████▀
 ████▄▄  ▄█████████████▀
 ▄▀███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████
   ██████████████████
 ▀▄ █████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████▀
    ▄███████████▀
▄▄███████████▀▀

▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████▀▀▄███▄▀▀██████
█████  ▀     ▀  █████
████             ████
████   ██   ██   ████
████   ▄     ▄   ████
█████▄  ▀███▀  ▄█████
█████████████████████
█████████████▀███████
 ████████████▄ ▀█████
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███
                   ▀█

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
JRoa

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:52:08 AM

Yeah save and save and save. That's the way to become successful person.

Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:12:19 AM

Yeah save and save and save. That's the way to become successful person.
yes i agree we must save it for the future i think that was the bedt thing to do to make us  more profitable  in the  future.because as what we have seen bitcoin price is amazing.
leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:19:22 AM

Bitcoin is rising with at least 200$ every day. So make a good investment and it will profit you properly in tens and hundreds and maybe even in thousands but not in cents.Bitcoin's price is around 4000$ and buy little bitcoin,not much and that little amount of bitcoin may or may not profit you.Or you could just wait for bitcoin's price to go down and then invest properly and maybe this will be better for anyone.
I don't think like you, depends the ratio increasing up price of Bitcoin everyday.
Example: If in yesterday the price of Bitcoin is $4,000/BTC, today it has increased to $4,200/BTC => We have profit 5% per day, a profit better than other passive income like saving banks, real estate.
Dendron

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:29:48 AM

I think you should keep them except if you really need to spend them for an urgent need, do it, but actually you should keep them and if you can pass them to your first male children. That will be like your legacy, passed from generation to generation !
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:37:31 AM

Its not surprising actually because knowing bitcoin it does have a volatile price which means prices would really be affected anytime on sudden movement of the price of bitcoin and knowing we are on the peak as of now and counting and that 13 cents of yours would really grow up because price of bitcoin have risen too which it would really go with the flow and thats how bitcoin prices works. Volatility is always been part of it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:25:00 AM

I have hold bitcoin over three years and I can believe that bitcoin able reach so far with highest value at the moment
I'm continue to invest bitcoin every month from my salary and keep encourage my friend to invest bitcoin as well

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
rortan75

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:00:04 PM

I should save it. it's value increasing continuously.
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:28:23 PM

It was the main reason for which bitcoin has become the center of attraction among investors.No other asset could be expected to give such huge returns except bitcoin.Bitcoin price has almost increased seven times of its past price $650 to almost $4200 within a year.I think that it would not be a wise decision to spend such a return giving bitcoins to buy any products or to pay any services which could even be paid with fiat money.So,saving it for future would be the correct decision and more people are only taking this decision.

slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:34:17 PM

If one has got a good number of bitcoin in the wallet, then there is always a panic among the user. This is all because of the price volatility and the negativity that people spread around the common people. Spending a part seems to be a wise decision, as there is no assurance about tomorrow.
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:46:33 PM

I'll keep the bitcoin, if I sell for $ 4000, I get a big profit, because I bought bitcoin at $ 850 (10 months ago) but I'm patient as this year's price could reach $ 7500.
although though you can even get a good profit right now but i think if you have some patient and can hod your bitcoin for some time then i am sure that you will increase your profit more.  because the price of bitcoin is still increasing and there are more expectation from bitcoin that its price will very soon cross 7000$. so you should wait for that price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: