Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:55:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33312 times)
CODE200

Activity: 1442
Merit: 309

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:57:04 PM

Actually I save it and spend some because it will be a huge lose if I am going to sell all of my bitcoins because the bitcoin have a huge potential. And the bitcoin itself is pumping every year or maybe months so If you will save your bitcoin you will became a millionaire in the future if the amount of the bitcoin you save is high.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:04:58 PM

as of today, you better save it because there is a huge tendenciy that bitcoin value will go up after 3 years. be patient to wait for you to have a better profit.if you need cash, better have other cashing options that is nit as promising as bitcoin earnings, better sell any tangible things for cash. this time is perfect time to keep a coin.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:41:20 PM

i rather spend it than save it. ofcourse i will still save but if i have a lot of bitcoin im going to spend it because we only live once we dont know if we're still alive tomorrow so better to treat yourself better once in awhile. bitcoin will never disappear so why not spend it if you have other source of money right ?
Exactly right we should use bitcoin for other purposes as well. As you mentioned one of them but you may just highlighting that we should use bitcoin for another sources of income as well. If you are earning from bitcoin just go ahead invest the profit into different sectors or buy some other crypto currencies as well if you are welling happy with that step because it is more helpful.

chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:11:27 PM

A little bit of both, bitcoin is great for saving, because of its potential to grow in value. That said, it could also lose value, keep that in mind. The best way to go about it though is holding and spending when the need arises. The eco system needs people to spend and spread adoption.

Yes just doing the same. Every now and then I spend while I save my bitcoin.
Spending when I have to buy something and spoiling myself a little, just enjoying the fruit of bitcoin ans saving in my bank as I know any time bitcoin's price will fluctuates.
Some part of it I'll hold it for long term for future price and buying some crypto currency and trade then savd. Just always repeating the cycle. In this way I'm enjoying my life with the help of bitcoin.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
pressureonme

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:29:12 PM

as of today, you better save it because there is a huge tendenciy that bitcoin value will go up after 3 years. be patient to wait for you to have a better profit.if you need cash, better have other cashing options that is nit as promising as bitcoin earnings, better sell any tangible things for cash. this time is perfect time to keep a coin.

I don't have a lot bitcoins. I try to hold mine as much as possible without selling. I only sell when there is emergency. When you're able to hold, you hold it for years and the value multiplies.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:24:01 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
Having 2.1 BTC isn't really a lot of bitcoins, I recommend that you hold on to it, from what analysts are saying, after August 1 the price of bitcoins will eventually soar to new heights and even get to $5000 during the fall.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:51:45 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 01:28:10 AM by Jewell

I don't have a lot bitcoins. I try to hold mine as much as possible without selling. I only sell when there is emergency. When you're able to hold, you hold it for years and the value multiplies.
to me if I have a lot of bitcoins I will certainly like to invest it because through investment we have good opportunity to make more money. but i will also keep some of them and whenever i will feel the need for money and when i will have lack of  my fiat money then i will convert the same bitcoin into our fiat currency and will use it for fulfilling my needs.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:53:11 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
Having 2.1 BTC isn't really a lot of bitcoins, I recommend that you hold on to it, from what analysts are saying, after August 1 the price of bitcoins will eventually soar to new heights and even get to $5000 during the fall.

I agree but 2.1 BTC is not bad at all. He always has the option on converting it to fiat but not everything. But you are right, this coming August 1 due to the bitcoin split and hardfork, there is tendency for the price to skyrocket again. I speculate that by the end of the year, the price of BTC will eventually reach $4000. Regarding on whether you spend or save it, it really depends on your needs. If you have an emergency and you need extra money to pay for it, then do not hesitate to convert your BTC to fiat since that is one of the reason on why we save it, for future/emergency needs.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:54:07 AM

I agree but 2.1 BTC is not bad at all. He always has the option on converting it to fiat but not everything. But you are right, this coming August 1 due to the bitcoin split and hardfork, there is tendency for the price to skyrocket again. I speculate that by the end of the year, the price of BTC will eventually reach $4000. Regarding on whether you spend or save it, it really depends on your needs. If you have an emergency and you need extra money to pay for it, then do not hesitate to convert your BTC to fiat since that is one of the reason on why we save it, for future/emergency needs.

This time it is harf to spend most of it since values were quite low than it is last month, knowing that someday btc can rise again that might only be the time I will spend for what I like, though spending in what is really needed is not included on waiting. We save to buy what we needs and not get starve

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:45:58 AM

to me if I have a lot of bitcoins I will certainly like to invest it because through investment we have good opportunity to make more money.
You will just have to hold it and everything will be fine, no need to take it out of your wallet because storing there cold already reward you as the price will increase. Honestly, for me the safest way to invest is just by holding it for long term and if we want some regular earning then let's learn how to trade, at least we are doing by helping the market as well.

SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:29:49 AM

I don't understand what you say. But, If I have a lot of Bitcoin. Definitely, I will hold it for a long time. I will deposit it on a secure wallet and I forget it for a long period. About 5/6 years letter I will open my wallet.
micher143

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:33:45 AM

I don't understand what you say. But, If I have a lot of Bitcoin. Definitely, I will hold it for a long time. I will deposit it on a secure wallet and I forget it for a long period. About 5/6 years letter I will open my wallet.
That what people think that bitcoin is easy to forget and the patience control is very hard for me because with just small hype I sell my bitcoins and then buy in the lower value of it. And besides a huge amount of the bitcoin is risky to hold but if you have a hardcore wallet then it is fine.
anami57

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:13:05 AM

I prioritize trade if has a lot of bitcoin. Because bitcoin trading is more relaxed and not time consuming. And also, trading is my favorite in produce bitcoin.

JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:32:39 AM

I would save it and would recommend you to save it unless it is necessary to sell your bitcoins because the price just increased by 1000$ just before segwit and many predictions have gone wrong that bitcoin won't rise till august 1st maybe this is sign for a huge increase or hitting a 3000$ point mark
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:44:30 AM

Most people would suggest that you wait as btc will probably rise, however, you also have to factor in how time-sensitive your purchase is

Well if you own 10 bitcoins and all of them will buy you the car you want, maybe you should just buy the car that costs 3 bitcoins to get you from point A to point B and in a few years spend another 3 bitcoins to get that car that would have cost you 10 bitcoins before. Make sense?
Yeah if you want to be patient and hold it up for the next few years maybe you will buy a car or any other goods at a cheaper price, because the price changes from year to year will always go up. So if you want to be patient you will buy the car you want with a cheaper price
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:53:05 AM

It's always depends on where you live. In my country, 2.1 btc is quite a huge amount (1 year worth of salary). If it's 2.1 btc then it might be worth to hold it as you can at least get x2. But in developed country, 2.1 btc is quite small. And i won't even considered holding with only 50 cent worth of btc.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:59:06 AM

Should I hold or sell/spend my bitcoins? The most asked question on bitcointalk. A little search around the forum will show a lot of threads asking the same question, it is a valid one though, especially for noobs. The answer is that it is subjective. Holding may be a good strategy, but comes with its risk, nothing is guaranteed.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 12:25:37 PM

Save it. As a wise person (let's just say i'm wise lol), spending money on unimportant things is not worthy to do. One should have to prioritize things. It is true that bitcoin is made for spending but you wouldn't want it if you don't have anything left on your wallet. As time passes, bitcoin's value go up and if you feel you have to buy anything then go for it. Just remember that patience is a virtue, it will lead you to have a better profit someday.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:15:01 PM

Most people would suggest that you wait as btc will probably rise, however, you also have to factor in how time-sensitive your purchase is

Well if you own 10 bitcoins and all of them will buy you the car you want, maybe you should just buy the car that costs 3 bitcoins to get you from point A to point B and in a few years spend another 3 bitcoins to get that car that would have cost you 10 bitcoins before. Make sense?
Thats right, I would prefer to hold it up for several years. Of course the goal to wait for prices to rise high because if you hold up to higher prices than now you would buy a cheaper price, because the bitcoin rate goes up, but it's all your choice, if you do not want to be patient, you can spend it now
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:23:44 PM

If I happen to have a lot of bitcoin, I would spend some of it. I wouldn't spend it on useless things, of course. I would spend it on making my own business. I'm thinking of having a luxury barber shop or a cafe simply because the amount of people that wants to look classy is increasing. Almost everyone has been eaten up by social media so if I am able to build up a classy place in my place, then people are going to hang out there everyday. Of course the food and the service would be expensive in my business but that's what people want anyways.

With that, I already have a stable business. I will have enough food to put on the table, I would have a sure way to make money. Regardless if bitcoin goes up or down, I will have a source of income.

The rest of my bitcoin will just be saved for the future and cashed out when the price has become ridiculously high.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: