Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:05:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33312 times)
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:34:51 AM

If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.
If i have a lot of bitcoin. Maybe i will cash it out and i will help to renovate our house. Because bitcoin value is unstable so i cant hold it. What if the value falls down. My earnings turns into rock. But if the bitcoin value is stable maybe i will save it for a long time.

Just like you since I have a lot of bitcoin, I will cashout some of it and make use it to beautify our house.  I will buy a car for my family to use.  I will also invest some of it to buy stocks and will even join mutual funds.  Put up my own business.  Some of it will be kept in my wallet because I know that its price will continue to goes up.
Yes all the things you mentioned here are the necessities of life and you will have to cash out your bitcoin to fulfill your needs. Keep some in bitcoin wallet and sell some of it.

All the businesses in this world are for a comfort life and buy everything of your need, and the same case is here. Bitcoin is also a coin business. Buy bitcoin and after some time it will give you a handsome profit.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:46:33 AM

When you need it spend it, if not just save it to earn more and achieve more bitcoin.
Yes you're right I think you have the right to spend it after all it is the fruit of your effort and time but don't waste it to useless things because if it will be for nothing it is better to save it because maybe someday you will need it the most.
I will invest some of it and will hold some of my bitcoins for some time for getting my desirable profit.i shall also convert some of my bitcoins to the currency of my country and will utilize it for sending precious gift to my bitcoin teacher as well as I will also spend it on my beloved family.
smile1218

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:24:29 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

If i have a lot of bitcoins of course i will spend part of it for me to be able to enjoy the profit i had earned and also i will save for the future because the market would still go up but atleast i still do have something that is waiting for the market to go higher.3

Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:53:48 PM

In my point of view we should save as well as spend the bitcoins.If we have a lot of bitcoins we should save some of them for future or emergency uses.The remaining of them we can spend on our needs and wants or spend it on our girlfriends etc.If we save we will have more money
You have a point. We should also save for the future and emergency uses. As for me,I would spend 10% of my bitcoin and save 90% of it and hold it for years. Surely, I’m going to have triple times as its present value if I’ll wait for longer years.

Yes my opinion is also same if I have a lot of bitcoin so for sure I will use a little part on expanse and the rest of I will keep save because I will  wait for high price and then I will sell .
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:10:41 PM

very good for saving money or bitcoin you have. it will be an effective thing in the present, and the future. spending the bitcoin you have for the unnecessary, only makes you regret in the future. saving the bitcoin you have, will enable you to make business in the future.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:19:26 PM

depends on what you spend the bitcoin on Wink if you have enough bitcoin that its suffices to say you are wealthy, you will always do well to diversify your assets outside of one class. bitcoin is an experimental, cryptographic asset. its not the wisest person to experience a ton of profit, and sit there without capturing some of that profit into a more utilitarian form. i always regret about the things I didnt buy in the real world whenever the price goes south for an extended period.

capturing fiat value off of the blockchain in the name of profit is sound money.
we live in a fiat world. not a bitcoin world.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:36:56 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

If i have a lot of bitcoins of course i will spend part of it for me to be able to enjoy the profit i had earned and also i will save for the future because the market would still go up but atleast i still do have something that is waiting for the market to go higher.3

Yes, what is the purpose of it if we will not use it or spend it.  Besides we are earning bitcoins because we want to spend them to buy things that we need.  So if I have lots of it I will spend some of it to have a comfortable life.  And then I will keep some to have more of it.  Keeping them is like investing them.
diagla

Activity: 161

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:53:29 PM

Yes, what is the purpose of it if we will not use it or spend it.  Besides we are earning bitcoins because we want to spend them to buy things that we need.  So if I have lots of it I will spend some of it to have a comfortable life.  And then I will keep some to have more of it.  Keeping them is like investing them.

Well a lot of people buy Bitcoin in the first place solely for investing. They want to make money. If they spend it then they're spending/wasting money and missing out on potential profits.
Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:49:20 PM

I will stop working first, then i will cashout 70% and open a real business. 30% more will i use for a next 5 year investment. Because, i haven't known more about bitcoin, and this is too risky for me.

Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:35:59 PM

When you need it spend it, if not just save it to earn more and achieve more bitcoin.
Yes you're right I think you have the right to spend it after all it is the fruit of your effort and time but don't waste it to useless things because if it will be for nothing it is better to save it because maybe someday you will need it the most.
Yes I also agree with you. If you have need to sell them out then sell it otherwise keep it otherwise keep them in your wallet and wait for the price to go up. If I have a lot of bitcoin, it meat I have a lot of money and I can do anything with my bitcoin.

The other reason for holding or selling depends on the current situation. Selling it can fulfill your desires and holding it can give you a lot of profit.

Yes it can give us a lot of profit when it reached at higher price value as you sell that time, but if not I think you will not enjoy that opportunity of having lot of profit. In order to have that, you must not spend it all and take control over it so that you will maintain good investments at optimal amount maintain. Saving is for the future and should be managed well.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:34:50 PM

i think even if i do not have enough bitcoin still i would like to spend it, if i feel the need to do so. because to me i think we earn money to make our life facilitate,  but if i have a lot of bitcoin then i will surely like to hold most of my bitcoin for the price increase because i am sure that bitcoin price will start increasing very soon and hopefully will give me a good profit after some time.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:51:28 PM

If i had say 3 bitcoins then i would save and hold 2 of them till 2-3 years atleast and rest 1 bitcoin i would use to trade in altcoins, invest in ICO's may be some in mining and withdraw some of those as well
That is the right way to do, you do not stop holding most of your money in the form of bitcoin because it could skyrocket in any minute, so the best thing to do is to keep most of our bitcoin and use the rest to invest in other projects, like icos, that can be very attractive if you are able to select the right project.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:22:22 AM

very good for saving money or bitcoin you have. it will be an effective thing in the present, and the future. spending the bitcoin you have for the unnecessary, only makes you regret in the future. saving the bitcoin you have, will enable you to make business in the future.

If you think like future bitcoin prices may go even higher than you will never enjoy your investments growth. So you should always book some profit and enjoy with that profit or use it for other purposes. So I have a lot of bitcoins now then I prefer to sell some now and spend or invest that money in other places instead of keeping everything in bitcoins.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:53:44 AM

I you dont need it now try to save it first wait until you need it. Maybe the price will go up until you want to withdraw it. But it also good to spend it early as you can, buy whatever you need in house and to yourself.
ndcm

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:48:57 AM

Well, practically if you don't need money and you think that the future bitcoin price will be higher, save it. But, at least take some to treat yourself for enjoyment.

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:21:24 PM

if you dont need to spend it then save it
if yoy cant save it then spend it
hahaha so simple
it really depends on whos holding it
Yes I will also suggest the same if you need the money then sell your bitcoin but you not then hold it for as long as you can, because in the future the price will grow more and more and the your earnings will also increase.
In the past years the price was slow because of the investment and now the price is skyrocket speed because more and more people are investing in bitcoin and so the earnings.
carllpet

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:23:40 PM

If I can manage to gather 10 bitcoins then I will keep it till price reaches 10K. Will then sell half and wait for price to go even further.
android17

Activity: 259
Merit: 76

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:45:59 PM

Sir there is no problem in saving or spending bitcoin but you must be wise to your decision, make sure that it is the best decision. There is no problem when you spend your bitcoin as long as you really need to spend it. Remember that there are many users that are holding their bitcoin purposes because as we all know bitcoin value is continuously rising.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:57:14 PM

yes I agree with you it might be better if wiser to spend bitcoin, because some users use bitcoin for a business that certainly mempu to get profit and I think with 2.1 btc in wallet of course can do trade or investment.
bitbunnny
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1068

WOLF.BET - Provably Fair Crypto Casino

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:03:20 PM

I believe Bitcoin has to move and circulate, it's not made for people to hold it. What would be tehn use of it? So it should be spent and invested. Of course if you have a lot of Bitcoins you will not spend them all but save some amount as a back up for the future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: