Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33312 times)
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:29:24 PM

Well essentially the bitcoin is more like gold its value will keep on increasing od decreasing with the upcoming time in my opinion you should spend half of them when their value is very very high !!! And reinvest the half of the lot 😄 ...that in any case would be better  than using all of them or saving all of them.
Cuz saving is..
Essentially a risky process....u never know what's gonna happen.
Why people like you think that Bitcoin's price movement is only up? Because just like now we saw a piece of how Bitcoin can fall, where the price of it reach 3854$ which is still falling until now. Making foolish assumptions like this will make your trades into a loss. Also I am not against at spending Bitcoin for profit but can you imagine the loss you will take when you lose half of your position? It will be a lot because it is your investment and based on your statement it acts like your investment and selling half of it for spending is not a good idea.
A lot of people are extremely bullish on bitcoin (including me) because the market is still so new that the growing potential is pretty insane. You can notice this by the volatility of the market. Because it still isn't a trillion dollar market a lot of big orders can significantly change the price.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:40:09 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

Well the principles of trading is buy when low then sell when high, So probably if you want to earn more profit then save it, Maybe there will only be a small percentage of profit that you will earn but it was still a profit and it will increase and increase periodically.
i think people put too much expectation in trading , they are also did not think clearly about how realistically they could make profit , and mostly so dreamy talking and expecting good things only without considering the worst possibility could happened.

you put $10 and want to make it $30 , that was not easy. sometimes you should through the storm ,  dropped so low and be patient are a must.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:58:41 AM

If your question is as simple as it seems, and of course you should save it. For the rest of this year probably all of next year you can pretty much guarantee that the price of Bitcoin is not going anywhere but up. Now if you're looking at a very short-term period It is possible that a dip could cost you money. But if you're looking at even a 60-day period Then there's no reason at all why you should hold on to turquoise versus getting rid of them.
Bitcoins are worth holding for long term and I agree with you that we should treat them like long term investments. Bitcoins continuously increase in value after every pump and I think this is very obvious from this recent ride of bitcoins to the moon. Of course, they are not good for short term holdings.
investerS

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

Money making legitimately

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:02:43 AM

If i have a lot of btc, i will save half for a long term and invest the remaining half on daily, weekly or monthly investment. altho, the price has been going up but in cryptocurrency anything can happen.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:05:34 AM

I will have it spendable in two different ways. One way would be to invest money back into the trades and investment so that I can grow my wealth and again spend it on my life. That's the first one and to keep the balance of finance. In second one I will spend half of the wealth directly on my daily life needs, my entertainment and crazy things that I would like to do in my life. This way I earn and spend and again earn back. The perfect balance of everything.

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:08:53 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

If I have a lot of bitcoin then I would plan some of it to save and a portion of it to spend so that I might be able to enjoy my earnings but also to enlarge my business so that I may earn more. What is important is that you plan ahead and always use this technique to earn more rather than spend more.
everyone has the right to enjoy their income and profits, of course I have a special fund allocation to spend things that I like, but I would not be too extravagant in allocating funds for fun, maybe just under 5% of my income and I will use the rest of my money first to grow my business and my investment, second I will keep save it in cold storage
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:58:13 AM

I will keep keep, this is because the bitcoin price when it is cheap, and I will regret if I sell now, I'm optimistic in this year bitcoin price will soon reach $ 10,000 and if it reaches the price then I will sell a small portion.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:18:06 PM

If I have a lot of bitcoin then I would plan some of it to save and a portion of it to spend so that I might be able to enjoy my earnings but also to enlarge my business so that I may earn more. What is important is that you plan ahead and always use this technique to earn more rather than spend more.
yeah you can just enjoy the salary you've got, of course it's a function of us work, "to enjoy it" but that does not mean you use most of your money to spend? use a few percent, maybe under 20% for spending and the rest you have to keep it for backups and if you own a business you can start to expand it by adding capital

sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:13:58 PM

I will keep keep, this is because the bitcoin price when it is cheap, and I will regret if I sell now, I'm optimistic in this year bitcoin price will soon reach $ 10,000 and if it reaches the price then I will sell a small portion.

I think so too. I believe in bitcoin and in  the fact that it will be very expensive by the end of this year. I do not hurry to sell it. But  if you really have a lot of Bitcoins, then it's not too bad if you spend a little.
Divyam96

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:30:31 PM

Well if I would have lot of bitcoins in my wallet then I would spend them but I would not completely spend them. I would spend one fourth or maximum half of them and the rest all I would save for the future for later use like investing.

_Dawid_

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:49:30 PM

I think you should continue it, because at begining you had 13 cents now you own 50 it is 3,85 times more!
Hopefully you have talent not only newbie luck and you will gain more and more coins.
You need to adopt a new policy, for example if you own an asset(100% any type) you will reinvest 70%; buy other crypto 20%;withdraw for pleasure 10%.[for example]. That really works as long as you be up and running.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:33:00 PM

Do both. Bitcoin is money. without using it as money, you will not see it in 10 years from now. "Use it, or lose it", as they say. Tongue
Tubig

Activity: 212

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:56:44 AM

Basically, If you invest higher amount of btc you will also earn higher amount. Then on your profit, you can save some and spent some but for only important things so that you can see that you have earned on btc, because of the things you buy.
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:22:16 AM

I don't have more coins only a very little is with me, so I always think how to grow it rather than spending. If I am so tight financially I will spent few otherwise I will hold it simply for future and also I hate to waste money on gambling.

There is no assurance if you can have profit in gambling, since we are taking the risk, it is better to do trading and investment. For the beginner like me, I spend most of bitcoin for my daily needs and just save a little amount. I have no choice but to spend it for now. When time comes that I will have a lot of bitcoin, I will save the half amount for trading and investing, and the half will be use to support and buy needs and I want to build a house for my own.

finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:55:10 AM

I think so too. I believe in bitcoin and in  the fact that it will be very expensive by the end of this year. I do not hurry to sell it. But  if you really have a lot of Bitcoins, then it's not too bad if you spend a little.

If I have lot of bitcoin, I will spend a little amount for my daily needs, to buy what I want, to enjoy life by traveling in some places and relax for a while. The rest will be used in trading and investment. I'd rather to hold bitcoin when the price is cheap and wait until it will rise again to gain more profit.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:11:13 AM

Bitcoin users already know that bitcoin is a very useful crypto and they will definitely save it well, spending bitcoin only for something urgent is my choice, because how also bitcoin will have a very high value in the future.
Spending bitcoin to get more bitcoin also makes sense, in the short term the amount of bitcoin is going to get lower but if you are able to create a business based on bitcoin then in the long term the amount of bitcoin you hold will go up and in that case your investment makes complete sense.
Conevesses1976

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:36:54 AM

Better hold bitcoin, simply because its price will continually grow. You can spend it only on big and genuinely required buys these kinds of as a property or a auto. To get rid of precious cash for enjoyment is stupid.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:50:00 AM

Well the principles of trading is buy when low then sell when high, So probably if you want to earn more profit then save it, Maybe there will only be a small percentage of profit that you will earn but it was still a profit and it will increase and increase periodically.
i think people put too much expectation in trading , they are also did not think clearly about how realistically they could make profit , and mostly so dreamy talking and expecting good things only without considering the worst possibility could happened.

you put $10 and want to make it $30 , that was not easy. sometimes you should through the storm ,  dropped so low and be patient are a must.
Yeah save also requires patience. many people have high expectations of investing in bitcoin. many of them think that they can get multiple profits easily when they buy bitcoins and store them but they do not think about bad things that may happen and not think about patience and trust are necessary. so that when something terrible happens to bitcoin as it is today. many of them lose money because they have no trust in bitcoin and are impatient
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:49:08 AM

Yeah save also requires patience. many people have high expectations of investing in bitcoin. many of them think that they can get multiple profits easily when they buy bitcoins and store them but they do not think about bad things that may happen and not think about patience and trust are necessary. so that when something terrible happens to bitcoin as it is today. many of them lose money because they have no trust in bitcoin and are impatient

Right. Lose patience and panic for even a few hours can cost you too much. With the last price drop yesterday, i think many people lost money due to panic and getting jitters but experienced traders knew all too well and perhaps have purhcased more btcs.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
cl37007

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:58:08 AM

Unless you really cannot afford to keep it, for example, you will become homeless if you do not, I'd be inclined to save it if I was in your shoes. Any increase is great and if the forecasts for bitcoin in the future are to be believed then it is a great investment, even with a small starting amount. Any investment is a risk of course but if you bought low then you have less to lose.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: