Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:42:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33312 times)
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:03:51 PM

If I have 2.1BTC i will lend it in poloniex. will set a 2-day lending for .0149% and then spend the profit.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bingooop

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:46:03 PM

I will just save it. Hold it long term. As long as there's no reason for me to spend it, I will keep on saving it. I know that your hand is getting itchy and you want to spend all of your money at once. You might want to even buy the things that you wanted for so long. Sure, you can do that. But you will regret it later when the price of bitcoin starts to increase. You will think to yourself, "I could have bought better gadgets if I cashed out now instead."

It's always a good thing to travel, buy things that you want, or do whatever you want with your money. But I wouldn't do that with my bitcoins. I'm always thinking that if I had cash instead, I will recklessly spend it because I don't have to think about the value of the money that I'm using to increase in the future.

With that, what I do is that I cash out 0.1BTC worth of cash whenever there's a major price increase. Just so I can buy the things and foods that I want every now and then. I don't want to just keep on earning and saving and ending up never getting to use the money that I spent a lot of time on to earn.

We should spend it wisely as keeping a major amount of bitcoins could lead to much great value of money for them
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:10:33 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
This actually depends on the number of bitcoins that I have, if for instance I have a total of a 1000 BTC, there is no reason why to keep all of them, I can spend about 500 BTC and then use the rest of the BTC as an investment portfolio and see it grow till I feel the need to cash out again.
It’s crystal clear that your expenditure depends on your savings. Only if you have enough bitcoins in your wallets, only then you can think of spending them because they are the most precious asset currently and will soon become the rare commodity of the world. If you really have too much bitcoins, you can cash out few to enjoy your hard work.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Dainye_dyep

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:45:22 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
Having such a great count like that is a blessing indeed. That will enable and push you to be wise on deciding your every single move to do when it comes to saving or spending your earned bitcoin. But I suggest that the other way to keep your bitcoin on a positive rate, you better not just hold it or expect to its rise to happen. You must also do a move to add up your capacity by investing on some sort of cypto related investments that will enable you to widen your limits from the usual thing you have.
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:28:45 PM

Well if i have a large amount of bitcoins i will seriously think about it, for example there are a lot of things that i might want to buy atm, but i prefer saving bitcoins for the future, became into the 21 btc club is my goal, and if bitcoin becaumes much expensive then you can be millionaire in a few years.
so i deffinitely prefer holding it, nobody knows what could happen with this coin.
even if i have a lot of bitocins i will like to save it for the price increase becaue there are a lot of chances that the price of bitcoin will increase. l
JCO05

Activity: 429

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:40:32 PM

It'll surely grow. A good example is what we are experiencing right now. Pumps are continuous because Forks is successful. Bitcoin went skyrocket because of that. And I'm sure that those people who held their Bitcoin for a long period of time are happy because it became worthy. Saving is essential especially in Bitcoin wherein pumps are happening that'll make your wealth bigger as time passes by.

Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:00:59 PM

Well If I have plenty of bitcoins then I will spend some of those and save some. I worked for it and i shall give myself a reward for acquiring those. And I will saver some so that if i have financial problems on the next days then I still have enough to help myself.
abilarde

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 12:52:09 AM

If i have lot of bitcoin i'll divided it into two . the half of that ill spend it on my basic needs to fullfill all my needs and my wants and the other half what i can do is to save it to surely in the future because some happens in our life some are unexpected we dont till what will happen in the future.
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:13:28 AM

If you have that much then it would be easy for you to find a balance between saving and spending just what you need. But you said if having many, so what would be the problem?
Well having a lot of bitcoin is good to both spending at the same time save some or in balance 50% for spending and 50% savings. If you have that it is not a problem ,the ones who has a limited or small amount of bitcoins have a lot of problems to where he will spend it to make more bitcoins and how much he will save for his use or future.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:37:42 AM

If I have that amount of bitcoin, I think the 40% of will goes into trading then the rest I will save it and store it on my bitcoin wallet address.
Due to savings has a lot profit that we can get from it.
roomfirst

Activity: 516

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:58:12 AM

Imagine if you save and hold all your bitcoin 2.1btc on that day until now, you will gain a mass profit right now. As you know, the price of bitcoin is increasing so high right now and it might increase again. In my opinion it's better to save it again or you can cash out some of your bitcoins right now.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:21:20 PM

Imagine if you save and hold all your bitcoin 2.1btc on that day until now, you will gain a mass profit right now. As you know, the price of bitcoin is increasing so high right now and it might increase again. In my opinion it's better to save it again or you can cash out some of your bitcoins right now.
2.1 bitcoins is definitely a high value of money for some people and if i were you, i will at least sell the 1/2 of that bitcoin so if the price of bitcoin will fall down then i will not regret for not selling my bitcoins and i will hold the 1/2 for long term purposes and expect a higher price for bitcoin in the future.
didik12

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:25:38 PM

If i have a lot bitcoin i will use my bitcoin in trading,investing for any available purpose to earn lot of money.So i chose i save it in my wallet until the high value will come it is my opportunity to withdraw my saving in bitcoin and for that i claim a high value of money in way of savings.  

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:36:42 PM

2.1 bitcoins is definitely a high value of money for some people and if i were you, i will at least sell the 1/2 of that bitcoin so if the price of bitcoin will fall down then i will not regret for not selling my bitcoins and i will hold the 1/2 for long term purposes and expect a higher price for bitcoin in the future.

Considerig its high price right now it is unbearable to see that you will lose some value of bitcoin.  I agree with you that at least part your bitcoins.  Sell some and use it for fun because it is not good to just work and work without having fun.  It is just to inspire us earning more and using bitcoins.  Then some of the bitcoins you sold should be used to buying stocks and or mutual funds.  Then let the remaining bitcoins do the propagation as we do not know how high its price/value will be.
MyIdeas

Activity: 734

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:06:41 PM

I do not like the store, I sell it in cash and I convert it to cash, it makes me feel a little shopping, eger I get more strase, I make more mistakes, I make big money for investment.
look like a find some one of my own type, I also doesn’t like to store bitcoin for a long time, I’m full of life and I want to enjoy every moment of my life and for enjoyment you need money so that is why I turn my bitcoin into cash and spend them into pretty good stuff that make me happy and I’ll also save bitcoin for the future, because I know it benefits me in future.
SmallCapCoins

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:09:53 PM

I think it's still slowly rising only because too many people are waiting for it to drop lower to buy it.  We won't see that happen Everytime it moves higher.  This is just the beginning. Next stop is the moon.
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:31:10 PM

Having a great amount of bitcoin is like having great powers that comes with great responsibility with it because having such countnwill pursue you to think wisely if you will save it or spend it. Having that count with me, I will surely save a big percentage of it so that I can have a back up source of income. And if I will spend it, maybe just for emergency purposes or by investments to maOK e my money grow more.
Hamstead

Activity: 805

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:34:04 PM

If I have that amount of bitcoin, I think the 40% of will goes into trading then the rest I will save it and store it on my bitcoin wallet address.
Due to savings has a lot profit that we can get from it.
For me, I'll do 80%saving and 20%spending. Saving money is just preparing for the future and some emergencies to happen, of course we spend also for us to enjoy or to have a recognation to our self from a busy life. Our stay in this world will not last longer,as there is a time to spend of what you have now is good, but think also of something that you can left to your family by saving some of your money or anything.
sandrun

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:34:56 PM

What you are doing is right .. bitcoin is a very good long term investment and quite simple. You do not need to work to benefit from bitcoin. You just keep it for a long time. I think it's better to keep it than you use to spend it and spend it. Maybe if you need your money take some of your bitcoin to buy something .. and keep it back. Do not spend your bitcoin. Because in the future you will become a millionaire if you save bitcoin

Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:22:06 AM

I'll keep the bitcoin, if I sell for $ 4000, I get a big profit, because I bought bitcoin at $ 850 (10 months ago) but I'm patient as this year's price could reach $ 7500.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: