Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:21:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33314 times)
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:44:07 AM

Having a lot of bitcoin is a very good investment what i will do if i have so many i will encash some of them so that i could use in my daily expenses and the remaining i would save to be able to gain more profit in the coming years. With saving it i could still expect income coming from the value of bitcoin.
That is the same thing that I do. If I get a big amount of bitcoin then I divide that amount in to different parts for different purposes. Like most important part is saving, then I spare some for trading and rest I use for my daily use. Our thoughts are same.
Savings is really important as that is risk free, it's not all the time that we are lucky to have many bitcoins or be profitable in bitcoin so let's always put some contingency fund that is part of our savings. Making money in crypto is good but we know we are taking big risk so and when there is a risk there is no security and insurance that we always make money, there are times that we are not lucky so prepare for that time.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:56:26 AM

I would start thinking about spending bitcoins if I had really a lot of bitcoins.
I think there is a point where increasing your fortune is not as important as enjoying your fortune.
Bitcoin is money, and money is ment to improve life. The knowledge of having a lot of bitcoins gives you certainty that you do not have to worry about financial problems anymore.
And based up on that certainty you can start to enjoy life.

It's me!!!
Rhum142

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:59:45 AM

If i have a lot of Bitcoin, i will spend 10% of it for paying my needs, my foods and things i want. The rest i will spend it for a long-term plan. Which can earn not good profit ( mean small) but it's safe for my bitcoin. If you're just holding Bitcoin it means you're investing in Bitcoin too. So you should think your bitcoin is your future, your assets, your property to insurance your future life.
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:51:12 AM

I will stop working first, then i will cashout 70% and open a real business. 30% more will i use for a next 5 year investment. Because, i haven't known more about bitcoin, and this is too risky for me.
Why would you cash out your bitcoin to open a business when you could leave your money in bitcoin and make a lot more money by doing nothing, at worst I will withdraw a small amount of money to buy properties, if I had enough bitcoin for that,  that way if things went wrong you will have gotten huge benefits thanks to bitcoin.
There is no point of spending your Bitcoin even for investing in some other business. I must say that there is no other business like investing in Bitcoin and saving as many Bitcoins as you can instead of spending them. Spending your Bitcoins means that you are losing the chance of getting more profit.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:04:15 AM

If one has a lot of Bitcoin then they should most definitely save it as it will only be growing in value over the upcoming years. I guess it'll peak in roughly 30 years when all the debt we have now has moved over.
It is very natural reaction of the bitcoin investors and holders. Everyone knows about the great future of the bitcoin and there are maximum chances that they will be made legal soon which will further increase them in value. Moreover all bitcoin are not mined yet, once they all are in market the prices will increase insanely. So save bitcoin for future.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:28:00 AM

I think this is a good price, if we buy bitcoin a year ago when the price is $ 900, then we will get profit about $ 3400 per 1 btc and if we have 10 btc then I suggest to sell partly.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Rojectime

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:29:36 PM

if have alot of bitcoin, i will devote the revenue i get to buy new smartphone. So, bitcoin i have stays intact and can continue to exist for me to use for a lot more revenue.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:30:36 PM

If i have a lot of bitcoin i will save it because i know it will gain more profit in the future since for sure the value of bitcoin will increase as many people will know and use the bitcoin. If there's really a need to spend some bitcoins to buy important things, just spend small percentage of it and still save the rest coz you will still have a chance to earn it back.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:39:52 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

If i have a lot of bitcoins of course i will spend part of it for me to be able to enjoy the profit i had earned and also i will save for the future because the market would still go up but atleast i still do have something that is waiting for the market to go higher.3
Yep! Anyone who is having numerous bitcoins, it is very obvious and general behavior that the person will like to spend some of bitcoins at least to enjoy his savings and wealth. Rest he is going to keep in wallet as you said because we all are still expecting so much from bitcoins.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:53:07 PM

this thread is so basic.and your question is obvious.if you have to spend spend it:D but if you have money and you dont want to buy new BMW so keep it
Lol! Precise but very straight forward answer! Yeah all depends on the financial condition of the owner. If the person is already rich and he is having no need of any urgent need of money, obviously the wise person in this case is not going to disturb his bitcoin and let them slumber in his wallet for we all are well aware of the potentials of bitcoin of increasing in price with time.
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:05:50 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

If I have a lots of bitcoin, I save it to save a lot of my future, my siblings, parents, friends. Because I want to grow and grow my bitcoin by investing in bitcoin-related businesses. I want to save my bitcoin to increase its value will also increase my profits and I will progress further by accumulating my bitcoin.
It is good for and your future save your bitcoin for good time I also save my bitcoin for good time because the bitcoin price pump daily and never damp this the good think of my future and I hold my bitcoin in my online wallet I want to save my bitcoin
Gerharde

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:17:12 AM

If I have a lot of bitcoin I might spend some while the price of bitcoin is high to buy the necessity that I need, but I will still save most of it so that I will still have a lot of reserved bitcoins in my possession once the price climb much higher. One of the reason why I will spend some is to also benefit on my investment to bitcoin even if its just a little.

Heni23

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:06:58 AM

I think it is only fair to balance between the issue and save because in that way there will be a balance between expenditure and income, because the bitcoin of its price is not certain sometimes drastically up sometimes also drastically down ..
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 04:46:50 AM

If i have some bitcoin i will do trading. Trading will be bit risky however risk rewards to more. I will do mining as well and spend my money on buying high performance gpu's.
davids

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:03:30 AM

as long as you don't need it for something like emergency then do not sell your bitcoin and just hold it for long term. the remaining balances of your money must be saved to your wallet for holding investments, or else you can buy coin alternative with higher profit potential sells in the future.
rachelia13

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:02:43 AM

If I have a lot of bitcoin, then I will make the bitcoin as a capital for trading, and the profit I get from trading I spend to buy the things I want, so my bitcoin is not reduced and I can still have fun with the profit gained from the bitcoin
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:12:20 PM

If i have a lot of bitcoins of course i will spend part of it for me to be able to enjoy the profit i had earned and also i will save for the future because the market would still go up but atleast i still do have something that is waiting for the market to go higher.3
Yep! Anyone who is having numerous bitcoins, it is very obvious and general behavior that the person will like to spend some of bitcoins at least to enjoy his savings and wealth. Rest he is going to keep in wallet as you said because we all are still expecting so much from bitcoins.
Majority will do the same but I won't waste around my bitcoin here and there. I want to become a billionaire and other than that I am not really a fond of travelling. I like to keep myself busy in constructive works. I find happiness and peace in it like some do in partying and other things. Everyone has his own fun. I will invest a quarter of bitcoin in expanding my business and get involves in new ones.
innocent_one

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:17:31 PM

Listen brother I think you are getting confused with the Bitcoin units .
2.1 Bitcoin very huge amount and then you are talking in cents .
Okay the answer is it doesn't depend how much worth Bitcoin you have the change in price of Bitcoin will eventually lead to change in the balance you have in your wallet.
So if you have Bitcoin worth cents then the change will also be in cents, while if you are talking about 2.1 Bitcoin then even a minute change in the price can mean a lot on that value.
Aganythe

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:23:00 PM

If I have a whole lot of bitcoin perhaps I should preserve it for some important factors that can I use sometime for the foreseeable future goal. So possibly can also invest title for possessing exciting to get soothing but not as well a lot so I can conserve also due to the fact you really do not have preserve it also considerably without possessing fun since you function for it to help your requirements and also your wants if you have thing to purchase. What for if you do not have to commit your bitcoin earnings you can commit it but not too considerably be accountable and be economical.
dart vader

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:41:23 PM

I think it depends.I know holding your bitcoins is always profitable as it's price keeps on rising.But there are some situations when we are in the need of money so at that time we cant wait for it's price to rise .So at that time we have to spend our Bitcoin. According to me ,we not earn only to save but also to fullfiil our needs .So according to me the smart way is to save 60-70% of our bitcoins and spend rest of them(30-40%).
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: