Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:08:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin wallet be hacked by hackers?  (Read 28447 times)
Natural Perm

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:56:48 PM

Hackers is very active  when it comes in money, especially bank accounts and can also be your bitcoin wallet. You're the one who's liable of your private key to keep your wallet safe. Much better if you turn off your location on your gadgets to avoid tracking your device.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:01:07 PM

they can hack your private key by use brute-force. but I think they just need small time. look like 1000000 year to crack it

CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:04:48 PM

Offline wallet is the most secure, online comes with a lot of risks but at least most can enable 2 step verification where they send a unique code to your phone.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:07:22 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
Think they can't hack it. There are many wallets that have high security. I have know 2 trusted wallets and I use it to store my bitcoins. Coinbase and Coins.ph are really trusted wallets and have high security that can make your bitcoins safe.
Online wallets are the most unsafe of all the wallets for the simple reason that you are not the only person that holds your private keys, even if some services argue they do not know your private keys you have no way to know that for sure, so it is better to keep your holdings of bitcoin in desktop wallets, cold wallets, paper wallets or hardware wallets, that way the chance to get hacked is lower.

Some online wallet providers loot out the bitcoins from the wallet and left but not all the people are doing that. If you are more security concern person you can find the desktop wallet that will give you the option to save the wallet seed, private key and it will give you the option to sweep the private key too.
Whenever you are  using the online wallet please get into the by the correct URL only. Don't google it.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
xhienigat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:10:06 PM

Yes hackers can hack your bitcoin wallet if you do not hold the private keys or you will give out your private keys online. So better keep it yourself and if you have a lot of bitcoin store it in cold wallet to be very safe.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:50:12 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
Think they can't hack it. There are many wallets that have high security. I have know 2 trusted wallets and I use it to store my bitcoins. Coinbase and Coins.ph are really trusted wallets and have high security that can make your bitcoins safe.
Online wallets are the most unsafe of all the wallets for the simple reason that you are not the only person that holds your private keys, even if some services argue they do not know your private keys you have no way to know that for sure, so it is better to keep your holdings of bitcoin in desktop wallets, cold wallets, paper wallets or hardware wallets, that way the chance to get hacked is lower.
I think the better way to do is you have to transfer it into your currency so that whatever may happens it has already a value and you can spend on. We should not wait too much for the growth if you think it's enough then transfer it to your wallet and make use of it before discrepancies may occur. The earlier the better!
SultanWR

Activity: 170

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:29:14 AM

it is very possible, one of the ways that often a hacker is there by sending a phishing link to us. so we should be more be careful of unclear links.
Pakboy

Activity: 195

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:33:03 AM

My answer will be maybe. Because I think that many wallets don't have high security and many hackers may able to hack all of the accounts their. But there are also many trusted wallets that for sure it can't be hack.

yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:42:41 AM

Yes, It is Possible That bitcoin Wallet could be hacked.
Hackers are smart and if they really want to hack something they will do their best just to get what they want.
Bitcoin wallet literally has money inside so hackers will really have interest into it. Because of Money Cheesy
and hackers are always free on any networks.
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:57:52 AM

If you have a personal wallet or one on the exchange it is 100% possible to be hacked by hackers so make sure you have good best practices in place (prevention of being compromised with your account or technology used).
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:16:18 AM

If you have a personal wallet or one on the exchange it is 100% possible to be hacked by hackers so make sure you have good best practices in place (prevention of being compromised with your account or technology used).
It is better to have a hardware wallet rather than storing bitcoin on exchanges because that is risky since it has a lot money in that place then it is very attractive to the hackers to break down and steal some money so if you want to be safe then you better investing in security and buying some good and real hardware wallet out there.
Omega Weapon

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:16:49 PM

I think the better way to do is you have to transfer it into your currency so that whatever may happens it has already a value and you can spend on. We should not wait too much for the growth if you think it's enough then transfer it to your wallet and make use of it before discrepancies may occur. The earlier the better!
If you want to cash out that is fine but many people are invested in bitcoin for the long term so it is obvious they will prefer to keep their bitcoin instead to try to convert their cash once again to bitcoin, besides there are many ways criminals can steal your cash or money on bank accounts, compared to that a paper wallet or a hardware wallet seems a lot safer than cashing out.
Debibeybinidy

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:18:30 PM

Everything is Possible with hackers.
Just don't trust anyone.. Earn it through your self and dont rely.
Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:22:16 PM

I think it can be hacked and there are lot of professional hacker that can really hack your wallet. In addition to that, there is a possibility that your wallet can be hacked and you should put your private key and password in safeplace and try put 2fa to your wallet to make it more secure.
Baijit20

Activity: 414

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:30:25 PM

yes..you know every think is possible.bitcoin wallet can be hacked by hackers..I just searched google.com and there are many wallet got hacked.
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:46:43 PM

Well, it always run in my mind but I think as long as you dont lose you gadget or gave you BTC address in everyone you want to share I think it is safe, unless some people in associates wants to get some of your bitcoin and he has a enough knowledge to perform I suggest that as soon as possible do some preventive acts for you to be safe and sound.

Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:59:41 PM

Anything can be hacked. The word you are actually looking for is called "persitance".
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:11:58 PM

anticipation that I do on the computer to prevent hacked.
I installed internet security with antivirus. do not surf on many web, or do not install the app before it is tracked with antivirus. that's what I usually do. just prevention.
StraddleHQ

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 05:14:22 PM

anticipation that I do on the computer to prevent hacked.
I installed internet security with antivirus. do not surf on many web, or do not install the app before it is tracked with antivirus. that's what I usually do. just prevention.
Not always intruders try to steal the Pvt keys by Malwares but sometime there is inside job. I will recommend to keep a hardware wallet or at least your Pvt keys on a offshore PC.
Omega Weapon

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:58:18 PM

it is very possible, one of the ways that often a hacker is there by sending a phishing link to us. so we should be more be careful of unclear links.
Phishing links are everywhere especially if it is a site you need to login to access an online wallet or something similar, that is why it is important to have the bookmark ready, that way you will not be deceived into clicking a phishing link or you could type the URL yourself, but you need to be careful, since some hackers create websites with a similar URL with typos to get the passwords and keys of people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: